As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

(¯`'•.¸(¯`º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º SPARKLE [CHAT]!!!! º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º´¯)¸.•'´¯)

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    ENJOY TORCHLIGHT SKIPPY

this shit really needs multiplayer

Yeah, too bad when Torchlight 2 comes out Diablo 3 will probably be out by then.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    oh shit it occurs to me

if i return to school i'm gonna have to retake the SAT, huh o.O

I don't think so? they usually only do that for first time students, not transfer students, I think

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    my favourite pokemon is, of course, beedrill

Were you also really pissed off that the awesome bee with javelins for arms was useless as hell?

Because you'd think that a monster that's so difficult to raise would be able to do some damage later on.

This is true about a lot of the pokemans. Like Scyther and Kabuto and Gyrados.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    the best pokemon is totally piplup

more like pimplup

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    my favourite pokemon is, of course, beedrill

Were you also really pissed off that the awesome bee with javelins for arms was useless as hell?

Because you'd think that a monster that's so difficult to raise would be able to do some damage later on.

At least Butterfree had some good psychic abilities.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    I KNOW ROBOS

I KNOW

i was like

this motherfucker gonna FUCK SOME SHIT UP

he used to be crap and now he has drills for arms

and then he was crap

real sad story

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Magikarp.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    The phenomenon of the way we react to GOP homosexuality is a little weird. It's almost like we have contempt for their gayness, even the homosexual people among us. It's almost like the hypocrisy changes how much we care about their homosexuality.

I'm not sure if I have something really coherent to say on it yet.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    oh shit it occurs to me

if i return to school i'm gonna have to retake the SAT, huh o.O

I don't think so? they usually only do that for first time students, not transfer students, I think

Yeah. They'll ask for your scores, but you won't have to retake them. I think your CC grades will trump that anyways.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    do macs tend to have user-replaceable batteries

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    community college is for ballers chu

0.6 gpa --> community college --> university --> magna cum laude 8)

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    no ronya

mactops have to be sent back to get a new battery

its fucking annoying

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    there is a lot of werewolf growling going on downstairs

stupid twilight movie :(

• Options
    When I was a younger man (i.e. 16) the episode of the Pokemon where ...I want to say Marowak, did training with his samurai master made me tear up.

What was that about?

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    ronya wrote:
    do macs tend to have user-replaceable batteries

my macbook is user-replaceable

but the new ones aren't i guess

• Options
    idk apo i never watched the show but

I FEELS YA BRO

in spirit

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote:
    The phenomenon of the way we react to GOP homosexuality is a little weird. It's almost like we have contempt for their gayness, even the homosexual people among us. It's almost like the hypocrisy changes how much we care about their homosexuality.

Isn't the negativity a result of the GOP guy voting down bills that would benefit homosexuals? Or is there a "hating GOP gays" vibe I am unaware of?

• Options
    Apothe0sis wrote:

Yeah, probably because they spend so much time spewing "GAYS ARE GOING TO HELL. BANISH THE GAYS. STRIP 'EM OF THEIR RIGHTS" but when they're outed it's all "Please forgive me. Being gay is WHO I AM, shouldn't I be accepted for that?" unless they're a chill GOP person.

so we take things to the next level.

• Options
    going to community p much guarantees i live in this awful house for at least 2.5 more years which sucks :(

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I was in a coffee shop yesterday and there were a couple brothers about 6 or 7 or so playing around. One of them, being a total bastard as some kids are wont to be, was punching the other kid in the small of his back as hard as he could and the other boy, who wanted nothing to do with fighting, kept begging him to stop. Their dad was just sitting there watching them.

Like what?

Anyway, when they were leaving, one of the boys was crawling on the floor and the dad said, while gesturing to me (As I was leaving as well), "Stop blocking the door or you'll get stepped on, there are people waiting to go out (I was the only one) and they're going to step on you!"

This came to mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxQhLZ5bMyQ

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Did someone recently come out, or are we talking about gay republicans for the hell of it?

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Dara O'Briain is the besterest.

• Options
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3371

this is the apple approach

fuq dem

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Organichu wrote:
    going to community p much guarantees i live in this awful house for at least 2.5 more years which sucks :(

You can't take out a loan that will help you move into an apartment or rent a room?

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular

fuq dem

That just means it's extra fun to do it yourself!

Psn:wazukki
  • Options

fuq dem

this is awful

• Options
    Organichu wrote:

why

take out student loans, get a roommate

getting a job will prolly be easier if you are a college student, too

sometimes there is work study

and some employers may look upon you more favorably

• Options
    Apothe0sis wrote:

Isn't the negativity a result of the GOP guy voting down bills that would benefit homosexuals? Or is there a "hating GOP gays" vibe I am unaware of?
    Partly, I mean, they spend ages decrying the gays or simply supporting the hatemachine that is the GOP and then they're outed, one way or another. And we sort of buy into the GOP rhetoric that being gay is shameful - because of the hypocrisy of their position and the fact that they are traitors to their fellows. But it still involves, if only in some small way, the association of "gay = bad". There might be some light of day between "We revile your hypocrisy" and "LOL self-hating gay" but I don't think, in practice there is a lot.

• Options
    Mim wrote:
    Organichu wrote:

You can't take out a loan that will help you move into an apartment or rent a room?

i don't have a cosigner

i can probably get grants that cover the academic costs (for community, at least)

but since i live local i doubt i can get federal loans that exceed my tuition and books cost?

• Options
    fill out the fafsa

stafford loans son (subsidized and unsubsidized)

plus you should be getting grants out the ass

you shouldn't need a cosigner

• Options
    Organichu wrote:
    Mim wrote:
    Organichu wrote:

i don't have a cosigner

i can probably get grants that cover the academic costs (for community, at least)

but since i live local i doubt i can get federal loans that exceed my tuition and books cost?

if you're doing comp sci, there won't be much of a book cost

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Tav wrote:

fuq dem

this is awful

i'd imagine it'd be tough to make something as sexy as a macbook air while letting it be user replaceable

they let you replace them on the old plastic ones, because it was possible with the design, but not with the unibody ones

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    fill out the fafsa

I think with FAFSA you might need a cosigner until a certain age...? I think you might be okay still, Chu. I think applying as an independent will net you some cash.

• Options
    Did someone recently come out, or are we talking about gay republicans for the hell of it?

A little from column A, a little from column B.

This is what got me thinking:

MuddBudd wrote:
    Every time. EVERY TIME

Paul Babeu, Arizona Sheriff, Allegedly Threatened Gay Mexican Ex-Lover With Deportation
    The Phoenix New Times is reporting that Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu, who has become one of the faces of the anti-illegal immigration fight in Arizona and nationwide, threatened a 34-year-old man identified only as Jose with deportation if he disclosed details of their years-long affair. Jose had previously been asked to sign paperwork that he would never breathe a word about the affair.

What does MuddBudd mean by "Every time. EVERY TIME"?

• Options
    edited February 2012
    he just means right wing dudes who hate on the gays are always gay probs

OR

he means "LYK DIS IF U CRY EVRY TIM"

one of the two

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Mim wrote:
    fill out the fafsa

I think with FAFSA you might need a cosigner until a certain age...? I think you might be okay still, Chu. I think applying as an independent will net you some cash.

p sure fafsa is required to qualify for any financial aid

as far as I recall, stafford loans are given directly to the student. if you demonstrate financial need, the gov't pays your interest until you graduate.

I am not sure about grants

there are additional loans that some people take out under their parents' names, but I wouldn't think he'd need those

the stafford loans are for tuition + books + expenses I think, so chu should have leftovers to live on?

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    After a weekend of ME3 multiplayer I am absolutely sure that in the 3 days between the game being released in the US and being released in Europe @Nerdgasmic will have gained roughly 85 levels.

• Options
    did anyone watch The Borgias

is it good

• Options
    bogart i expect to see you striding through the fray tossing tiny baby children left and right with contemptuous flicks of your aged wrists

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    oh my god, why do I share my netflix account with my parents D:

This discussion has been closed.