Options

[WrestleMania XXVIII] So long from the sunshine state

• Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    Bryan Alvarez seems to be tweeting the results as he's there live. If you want to know what's happening.

Brain Alvarez lives in Bothell, Wa; about a 20-ish minute drive outside of Seattle. It makes sense that he'd be at a live event.

6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    The big NXT announcement that Striker promised
    William Regal is the new General Manager of NXT. Regal will be responsible for making the matches each week and running the show.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Nxt was yawn, and superstars was Khali vs. Jinder Mahal. God help me we chanted for Khali to end it. Woohoo Booker T!

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Oh yes, Ziggler!

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    So, I guess Hallowicked, Hydra and Delirious were at Raw last night.

O3B1z.jpg
    CYOf4.jpg

If you ask me, WWE missed a huge opportunity for an awesome run-in with these guys.

6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I love that they are wearing their masks. Kayfabe! Delirious has to hide that lizard face.

I was confused by why Alvarez was still at the Smackdown show when it's past midnight here. And then I remembered how time zones work and remembered it's only 9:30 there.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I don't think WWE missed anything, seeing as the majority of WWE's audience doesn't know who they are.

• Options
    Oh god Kane! So good...

Post show dark show match was Big Show and D-Bry. Crowd chanting YES with each kick Bryan landed. Then Cody Rhodes ran in and double-teamed Show with Bryan. Then Sheamus runs in, chases off Bryan, and Show lands a Chokeslam on Cody. Crowd goes home happy. Sucks I was in quiet part of the crowd on edge of no man's land. Next time, closer to the ring.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Full SD spoilers in one post:
    Dark Match:

* Ted DiBiase beat Hunico

SmackDown, Airing Friday:

* Sheamus kicks off the show and comes out to a big pop. He begins to talk about WrestleMania 28 but is interrupted by Vickie Guerrero and Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler is pulling double duty this week on both shows. Teddy Long ends up appearing and makes Sheamus vs. Ziggler for right now.

* Sheamus defeated Dolph Ziggler.

* Segment with John Laurinaitis and Teddy Long. Laurinaitis wants an apology for what happened on RAW. Teddy refuses and makes Mark Henry vs. Big Show for tonight.

* Santino Marella defeated Heath Slater.

* Eve Torres comes out and cuts a promo like she did on RAW. Natalya comes out and farts, which leads to a match.

* Eve beat Natalya in a quick match.

* In-ring segment with Cody Rhodes and Big Show. Teddy Long comes out and makes Show vs. Cody for the Intercontinental Title at WrestleMania 28. Long brings out Mark Henry next.

* Big Show beat Mark Henry with the knockout punch.

* Backstage segment with Laurinaitis, Teddy and David Otunga. Otunga threatens to sue Teddy for pushing Laurinaitis. Otunga vs. Big Show is made for RAW instead.

* Teddy books Drew McIntyre in a match with Justin Gabriel and says if Drew loses, he's fired.

* Justin Gabriel beat Drew McIntyre with the 450 Splash. This time, Teddy appeared on the big screen and fired Drew. Drew actually cried before leaving.

* Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton fought in the main event until Kane's pyro went off and he came down the ramp. Orton and Kane brawled as Bryan escaped. Kane got the upperhand in the ring and chokeslammed Orton. Kane took a mic and stood over Orton, welcoming him back.

• Options
    Looks like they're building up Kane vs Orton, maybe it'll be part of MITB, or maybe as its own thing.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Full SD spoilers in one post:
    Natalya comes out and farts, which leads to a match.

this is the greatest sentence i've ever read

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I was just about to quote that.

Jesus.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Orton/Kane is a feud I love in theory.

Kane all preaching on the mic about hate, and Orton not saying a damn word and being a likable psychopath.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Hullis wrote: »

Kane all preaching on the mic about hate, and Orton not saying a damn word and being a likable psychopath.
    RANDY ORTON YOU NEED TO EMBRACE-takes 12 rkos, is punted

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    You know i didnt know much about Drew McIntyre but damn if i dont hate what they are doing with him.

Maybe its my affinity for him because he was the first rival given to me by WWE Universe in in WWE 12'

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    edited February 2012

Somebody's gonna want to amend the last one of these then. And because they're worth re-posting.
    0VCwv.png
    LjvXJ.png
    tSYnd.png

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

RANDY ORTON YOU NEED TO EMBRACE-takes 12 rkos, is punted

This is exactly what I want

• Options
    I don't understand, Drew is being used in an angle with the company. Its better than losing without anybody talking about it, right Tyler Reks, Heath Slater, etc.?

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    I don't understand, Drew is being used in an angle with the company. Its better than losing without anybody talking about it, right Tyler Reks, Heath Slater, etc.?

I can understand all that Goose, i just hope the outcome is better than the Cena/Kane fued, or numerous others that just got ... stale.

I like his music, his look is decent, and hes healthy/uninjured which right now it a huge plus!

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    CyrondinCyrondin I bring the sick beats on you, brother Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    maybe he will be on raw next week being a underling for ace?

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular

I can understand all that Goose, i just hope the outcome is better than the Cena/Kane fued, or numerous others that just got ... stale.

I like his music, his look is decent, and hes healthy/uninjured which right now it a huge plus!

Rumors round the net when he first came on the scene was that he was training buddies with Trips. This is the usual WWE depush to see if someone can take it after being pushed to the moon (you can thank Bobby Lashley and Brock for this). This is obviously building up to an angle of some sort, besides the fact he's trying out a new gimmick on house shows.

Drew will be fine, IMO.

• Options
    Cyrondin wrote: »
    Joins tag team with Christian demanding ONE MORE MATCH

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »

Rumors round the net when he first came on the scene was that he was training buddies with Trips. This is the usual WWE depush to see if someone can take it after being pushed to the moon (you can thank Bobby Lashley and Brock for this). This is obviously building up to an angle of some sort, besides the fact he's trying out a new gimmick on house shows.

Drew will be fine, IMO.

Those rumors were actually about Sheamus, and they're true.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Also this needs to be posted in each thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40X25mICaIE

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »

Could have sworn they were about both of them. Hence the "chosen one" gimmick Drew had for a bit.

• Options
    Assuran wrote: »
    Nirya wrote: »

Could have sworn they were about both of them. Hence the "chosen one" gimmick Drew had for a bit.

Chosen one gimmick first came about because Vince was very high on Drew and liked his look. Just a bit of real life bleeding into kayfabe there. Sheamus was the one who was workout buddies with Trips, which lead to all of the backlash behind Sheamus's first World Title (that and he "beat" Cena without any real buildup).

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Cyrondin wrote:
    He's clearly going to appear on RAW, end up on the team for the GM vs GM match and probably win it for the team.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    SD spoiler
    A match between Cody Rhodes and the Big Show for the Intercontinental Title is set for WrestleMania following the Smackdown tapings.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    That Drew Galloway clip is amazing. I've always liked that guy, he used to take some of the sting off the terrible news that Sheamus would be at any local indy shows.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    SD
    * Eve Torres comes out and cuts a promo like she did on RAW. Natalya comes out and farts, which leads to a match.

* Eve beat Natalya in a quick match.

I feel like Creative needs to just be smacked with a rolled-up newspaper at this point and told, firmly, "No, bad."

Also
    So previously, Cena beats Nexus cleanly, then Orton comes in and punts them all back to NXT. Now currently, Cena beats Kane cleanly, and Orton now is going to ...? Its like 2011 all over again.

I ended up watching the Rock promo from RAW again, and it wasn't nearly as painful the second time. Still, not really interesting.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    If NXT is turning up the Regal it's tempting to watch... then I remember all the awful clips I've seen.

I think maybe only Derrick Bateman has mic skills. I hope they add Dean Ambrose next season.

Xehalus on
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    So, anyone else gonna be at the East Lansing house show on March 10th?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    goddammit if Mark Henry is hurt just have Big Show or somebody throw him off the stage and let him disappear for awhile stop kicking his ass please

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    WWE Raw drew a 3.14 rating with the overrun segments included. The initial 15-minute overrun featuring The Rock and John Cena drew a 3.5 rating, and the additional six minutes that followed drew a 3.3 rating.

Powell's POV: The Rock drew the highest rating of the night with the 3.5 for the full 15-minute overrun, but it was only slightly higher than third quarter-hour's 3.4 rating for part of the C.M. Punk vs. Daniel Bryan match with Chris Jericho's post-match attack.
    hsw5C.gif

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    WWE Raw drew a 3.14 rating with the overrun segments included. The initial 15-minute overrun featuring The Rock and John Cena drew a 3.5 rating, and the additional six minutes that followed drew a 3.3 rating.

Powell's POV: The Rock drew the highest rating of the night with the 3.5 for the full 15-minute overrun, but it was only slightly higher than third quarter-hour's 3.4 rating for part of the C.M. Punk vs. Daniel Bryan match with Chris Jericho's post-match attack.
    hsw5C.gif

There was 21 minutes of overrun? I guess I didn't notice how long the dvr ran...

Also, what is the "third quarter hour"? That segment ran for the first 35min of the show...

LTM on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Regarding Smackdown spoilers...
    Only thing that annoys me is Ziggler jobbing again. Don't care on iota about Nattie and what they're doing with her. Sorry LTM.

But other than that I'm SO GLAD WWE is giving Orton something to do at Mania other than be involved in the WHT match.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Regarding Smackdown spoilers...
    Only thing that annoys me is Ziggler jobbing again. Don't care on iota about Nattie and what they're doing with her. Sorry LTM.

But other than that I'm SO GLAD WWE is giving Orton something to do at Mania other than be involved in the WHT match.
    Ziggs has to have something to do, since it appears he's not going to be at WM at all...

I imagine they are just setting him back up for the WHT picture if Jericho is going to be around for a few more months?

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    It's sooooooo horrible that Ziggler lost to a guy that doesn't lose ever and is the number one contender the the WHT

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Earlier this week, a fan asked Kharma via Twitter what she has been doing, and the WWE Diva replied by Tweeting, "Working hard to come back at my best."

Kharma was then asked when she would be returning to WWE TV and she said, "Soon."

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    It was the WWE's intention for John Cena to get the upper-hand in his feud with The Rock on RAW. What Cena said, how long he spoke and The Rock's reaction were all part of the plan.

Many in WWE still believe, however, that Cena pointing out The Rock's crib notes on his wrist was not scripted and something The Rock didn't expect.

WWE officials want the crowd to be split 50/50 at Wrestlemania 28 in Miami, which will require Cena to look stronger leading up to it in order to get the crowd on his side.

Edit: actually this report is from Wrestlezone apparently so take it with a grain of salt.

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
This discussion has been closed.