Options

[WrestleMania XXVIII] So long from the sunshine state

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Four more weeks of promos like what we saw Monday and the crowd won't be 50/50.

More like 100% Cena. I couldn't help but think Rock was intentionally being terrible, when he came back last year he was pretty entertaining, not great but his video packages got a few laughs out of me at least.

This trending, twitter, kung pao shit is so beyond awful that it has to be staged to make him look the fool....right?

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    I think its weird that WWE just put out the series of "Dwayne is GREAT!" video packages.

Now Cena seems like his run up to WM is "Dwayne is a shitheel". I don't see that actually working, since I've never heard that Dwayne is a bad person.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Dwayne's character has always been a shitheel, even as a face.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    The Rock has always been that way, but The Rock is loved.

Dwayne is the "champion with people" who won't return Cena's calls. Except if you watch the fluff video we've had crammed down our throats for weeks, where he's telling kids to go to class and loves everyone with his pecs.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I think the problem is that they're trying to have Cena sell that the Rock turned his back on wrestling when the fans know better. The fans realized that a better opportunity came around, and that the Rock gave them a lot of memories, so they still love him. This isn't a Lesnar/Goldberg situation where two guys suddenly decide they want to do different things and leave. The fans are always going to cheer for the Rock simply because he is the Rock, and there isn't much they can do for Cena beyond trying to make the Rock look weak.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    WWE isn't making the Rock look "weak" per say. He's still a badass in the ring and his legacy speaks for itself. Besides he's gone again after Mania till at least Summerslam.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    It's sooooooo horrible that Ziggler lost to a guy that doesn't lose ever and is the number one contender the the WHT
    Nah, it makes way more sense for Ziggler to beat the Royal Rumble winner because uh... It would've built into his match with Shaq or something.

And I don't understand how anyone could just overlook the humiliation they're dumped on Nattie. Whenever those segments happen, I feel so sorry for her and embarrassed for the entire wrestling genre. Those sort of awful ideas are the kind of things that make people immediately change the channel. So basically wirehead, I'm wondering whether you have a soul or any shame.

I just watched the Afterbuzz Raw Aftermath and wow, were people really worked that well by the Rock segment? Mike Bennett was the only one that seemed to think the entire thing was a work and I think he's pretty clearly right. Theories that they threw Cena out there because Rock wasn't doing well or that Rock had so much ring rust that he fell apart (after all those appearances last year) are completely absurd. This is the same company that just a couple of months ago let Jericho run around the ring for a full ten minutes, I somehow doubt they've got a problem with Rock talking in circles for ages. The notes on the wrist were obviously a work, seeing as they were shown on camera all the time and he conveniently only needed them for this one promo, not the ones he did last year. And Rock's stunned reaction to Cena's interruption is explained by the guy being a god damn actor. Coming out of it, Rock looked way more human and Cena looked way more legitimate, which is exactly what the WWE want going into Wrestlemania. It actually makes their feud interesting.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    I would have been perfectly fine with the Rock's promo if he would just quit it with the Twitter BS. Honestly by the time Cena came out I was so sick of it that I kind of stopped paying attention and I've already forgotten what Cena had to say. And didn't watch it until earlier today.

• Options
    Look man I just don't care about Nattie or the entire Diva's division sans Beth and Kharma OK? If the farting thing took up like 20 minutes of TV time or something it'd piss me off but the whole segements usually last like a minute at most.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Nattie is a talented person who is in the same league as those two, and deserves a hell of a lot better than what she gets.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    Pretty much and come the hell on, just look at her lineage. Jim Neidhart's daughter and the first (and only) female to be trained in the dungeon. Yet she's humiliated and buried into the ground. If it were someone like Rosa, who only has a job because she has a talented mouth, I'd be a lot less annoyed (though it still wouldn't be even remotely funny and I'd still probably be embarrassed to watch it).

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    The Wrestling Observer is reporting that during his time away from WWE, The Undertaker had both his shoulder and hip operated on. When he showed up backstage at last week's Raw Supershow, he was said to be looking lighter than ever, with his current weight being around 275 to 280 pounds.

While there had been speculation that 'Taker would be retiring following his match against Triple H at WrestleMania 28, the feeling now seems to be that as long as he can remain healthy enough, 'Taker can go another several years wrestling once a year matches. At this point, there has been no story line mention or hint of The Undertaker retiring after his bout with HHH.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    barf

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Radius wrote: »
    barf

Quiet you.

Besides this means Taker's winning at Mania 28 which is the right move.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Triple H ending the streak would be so, so horrible.

• Options
    And seriously Taker only wrestles once a year now so even if you don't like him it's not like you have to put up with him a lot.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Simple solution to two problems:

Give The Rock Nattie's farting gimmick.

If ya smeeeeeel-l-l-la-la-la-la....

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    It's sooooooo horrible that Ziggler lost to a guy that doesn't lose ever and is the number one contender the the WHT
    Nah, it makes way more sense for Ziggler to beat the Royal Rumble winner because uh... It would've built into his match with Shaq or something.

And I don't understand how anyone could just overlook the humiliation they're dumped on Nattie. Whenever those segments happen, I feel so sorry for her and embarrassed for the entire wrestling genre. Those sort of awful ideas are the kind of things that make people immediately change the channel. So basically wirehead, I'm wondering whether you have a soul or any shame.

I just watched the Afterbuzz Raw Aftermath and wow, were people really worked that well by the Rock segment? Mike Bennett was the only one that seemed to think the entire thing was a work and I think he's pretty clearly right. Theories that they threw Cena out there because Rock wasn't doing well or that Rock had so much ring rust that he fell apart (after all those appearances last year) are completely absurd. This is the same company that just a couple of months ago let Jericho run around the ring for a full ten minutes, I somehow doubt they've got a problem with Rock talking in circles for ages. The notes on the wrist were obviously a work, seeing as they were shown on camera all the time and he conveniently only needed them for this one promo, not the ones he did last year. And Rock's stunned reaction to Cena's interruption is explained by the guy being a god damn actor. Coming out of it, Rock looked way more human and Cena looked way more legitimate, which is exactly what the WWE want going into Wrestlemania. It actually makes their feud interesting.
    I think part of it is that it's kind of subtle and we don't think WWE writing can be that subtle. I know it's not "subtle" by other storytelling standards, but in pro-wrestling, we would have expected Cena to spend 5 minutes talking about The Rock's wrist notes, holding it up for everyone to see, camera close-ups, and The Rock falling out of the ring from embarrassment and throwing a tantrum.

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    The Rock is either way better at acting then any of his movies would suggest, or he was a little flustered by the wrist notes line.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    According to F4WOnline.com, Ring of Honor tag team members Jay and Mark Briscoe, known as The Briscoe Brothers, were offered WWE deals awhile back, only to have Ring of Honor block the duo from accepting the deals as they were under contract to ROH.

Additionally, it's being said that ROH star Adam Cole was offered a deal by WWE, which was also blocked by ROH.

For what it's worth, when Ring of Honor was purchased by Sinclair Broadcasting Group back in May of 2011, COO Joe Koff had the following to say about talent moving from ROH to WWE:

I'd like to believe our guys are content to wrestle with the ROH brand, strategy, and work, but I wouldn't want to stop them if WWE came calling. That is the pinnacle. This is no different than working AAA ball and the Big Show (Major League Baseball) calls them.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options

Oh man the endings to these are fucking GOLD.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    That sucks for the wrestlers, but with a TV show and regular iPPVs it's a smart business decision, especially the Briscoes.

• Options
    I think it's just a precautionary measure on their part

The last time something like that happened, they lost Danielson and McGuinness to two different companies on the same day. They don't want to lose all of their great talent at the same time without building up people to potentially replace them.

They just lost both Kings of Wrestling less than a month ago, and they damn sure don't want to lose their current tag champs too. At least not yet.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Earlier this week, a fan asked Kharma via Twitter what she has been doing, and the WWE Diva replied by Tweeting, "Working hard to come back at my best."

Kharma was then asked when she would be returning to WWE TV and she said, "Soon."

man

that's...not really a story at all

• Options
    Oh my god, that Botchamania ending. So good.

• Options
    Earlier this week, a fan asked Kharma via Twitter what she has been doing, and the WWE Diva replied by Tweeting, "Working hard to come back at my best."

Kharma was then asked when she would be returning to WWE TV and she said, "Soon."

man

I guess it is more "stating the obvious".

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

man

I guess it is more "stating the obvious".

yeah I mean I guess it's endemic of wrestling news on the internet that "kharma said on twitter that she'd be back 'soon'" is one of the things that gets posted

• Options
    "Soon"

that could be anytime between this moment and a year from now

• Options
    barf

Quiet you.

just tired of Triple H jobbing to Taker

maybe they'll give him a farting gimmick leading into 29, though

• Options
    Oh yeah and about the big angle they'll start on Smackdown this Friday...
    I hope it finally shuts up the online fans who think Orton tries to politic his way into World title feuds. And even if he did try it didn't work.

• Options
    Can we just ban the term "jobbing"? It's ridiculous.

Heath Slater getting flattened in 30 seconds by Brodus was "jobbing".

Losing to Taker at Wrestlemania is not the same thing on any level.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Its mostly that people use it for everything rather than using the proper term, and that makes them sound stupid.

Losing to Taker at Mania isn't the same thing but not just because its Taker at Mania, its because its at the end of a storyline feud. That is what is called putting someone over.

Jobbing is when you go out on Superstars and, as Maximum put it, get flattened by Brodus Clay in 30 seconds.

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    yesssssssss

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2012-02-27/psych-james-roday-guest-star-raw

this time an appendix won't stop Roday!

• Options
    I think the term "burying" gets thrown around too liberally nowadays.

• Options
    Woo a guest star!

I miss them. They used to have them almost every week, most were shit yes, but at least it gave Santino something to do.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    yesssssssss

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2012-02-27/psych-james-roday-guest-star-raw

this time an appendix won't stop Roday!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Options
    The very first one, Seth Green, had such a great appearance that almost everyone after him paled in comparison with a few exceptions of course.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    barf

Quiet you.

just tired of Triple H jobbing to Taker

maybe they'll give him a farting gimmick leading into 29, though

internet: "I'M TIRED OF HHH BURYING EVERYONE"

"MAN WHY DOES HHH ALWAYS JOB TO TAKER"

• Options
    Did I need to include more wirehead opinions to indicate that post was in jest?

This discussion has been closed.