• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Your post was, but it's still not an uncommon reaction

• Options
    that was my point

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    As long as you knew, no one else matters.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    If HHH does lose to Taker at Mania, I'm pretty sure Taker will be the second only wrestler to defeat Hunter 3 straight times. Batista did it back in 2005 but that was in the span of 3 months instead of 12 years.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    If HHH does lose to Taker at Mania, I'm pretty sure Taker will be the second only wrestler to defeat Hunter 3 straight times. Batista did it back in 2005 but that was in the span of 3 months instead of 12 years.

Except HHH has a win over Taker in between Wrestlemanias.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Nirya wrote: »

Don't remember that but I'll take your word for it.

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »

Don't remember that but I'll take your word for it.

Triple H's last world title came from pinning the Undertaker in the elimination chamber.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    I agree that "jobbing" and "burying" aren't the right words for most of today's WWE.

We need a new catchy term for "being put in a shitty or non-existent storyline that nobody cares about when you are on the cusp of getting over".

• Options
    edited March 2012
    LTM wrote: »
    I agree that "jobbing" and "burying" aren't the right words for most of today's WWE.

We need a new catchy term for "being put in a shitty or non-existent storyline that nobody cares about when you are on the cusp of getting over".

Not trying to argue but what examples can you give me of that? And please don't say Punk.

And don't say Ryder either cause he got over before the Kane thing.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular

"Booking".

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular

Not trying to argue but what examples can you give me of that? And please don't say Punk.

Kofi.

Dude was on fire, and was getting really over when he was feuding with Orton. Then they suddenly jobbed him the fuck out and he hasn't really had a real storyline since.

• Options

Kofi.

Dude was on fire, and was getting really over when he was feuding with Orton. Then they suddenly "booked" him the fuck out and he hasn't really had a real storyline since.

• Options
    I'll give you Kofi but there was a reason for it (a bad one I'll admit); He injured Orton accidentally.

WWE did give Kofi a renewed push and storyline with Air Boom but Bourne fucked that up. We'll see if Kofi/Truth lasts.

• Options
    Yeah, they jobbed him the fuck into a great showing at EC for the second year in a row

• Options
    Hullis wrote: »
    Yeah, they jobbed him the fuck into a great showing at EC for the second year in a row

After he injured Orton he wasn't really "buried" per say but he was clearly de-emphasized until Air Boom.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Well he did hold the IC belt for a long time after the Orton thing as well. The feud between him and Droo was not too bad actually.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    See even with Air Boom he never really had a real storyline. It was just "come out and wrestle these guys, then wrestle them on ppv, then wrestle these guys". The Orton feud was the last time any real EFFORT was put into a feud for Kofi. A lot of other midcarders have had this problem, too. Daniel Bryan went from a compelling feud with the Miz to just being a guy that comes out and wrestles. Sure, the matches were good and he was winning, but the bookers made no effort to make him and his rivalries actually compelling.

It's one of the worst things about the WWE right now. They do two or three main storylines that get actual attention and effort and everyone else just kind of meanders along in dull, thrown together matches and feuds. Say what you will about Russo but he has always at least tried to give nearly everyone on the show some sort of hook and build. The Attitude era had a compelling undercard for a reason, and it wasn't because today's undercard wrestlers aren't as good, it's because they actually gave a fuck.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I do believe there was effort in the Kofi/Droo and Kofi/Ziggler IC feuds so I disagree. Granted that was when he was on Smackdown which nobody watches.

Since he moved to Raw, yeah he's been in the background.

Maximum on
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I think there's a chance that they missed the boat with Kofi by shelving him when they did. The guy was white hot at the time, whereas now you could probably swap him for Consequences Creed and I'm not sure your average WWE fan would even notice provided the music didn't change.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    The lack of a compelling midcard is the biggest issue in WWE right now I'll admit. However in defense of them somewhat they have done a good job building up guys like Cody and Dolph but after Mania they should be promoted to the main event which will leave more slots open.

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

Guess you could say he didn't have the...

8-)

testicular fortitude for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YMPAH67f4o

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    How do dudes not wear cups while wrestling? That seems like a pretty basic thing that everyone should have.

• Options
    See even with Air Boom he never really had a real storyline. It was just "come out and wrestle these guys, then wrestle them on ppv, then wrestle these guys". The Orton feud was the last time any real EFFORT was put into a feud for Kofi. A lot of other midcarders have had this problem, too. Daniel Bryan went from a compelling feud with the Miz to just being a guy that comes out and wrestles. Sure, the matches were good and he was winning, but the bookers made no effort to make him and his rivalries actually compelling.

It's one of the worst things about the WWE right now. They do two or three main storylines that get actual attention and effort and everyone else just kind of meanders along in dull, thrown together matches and feuds. Say what you will about Russo but he has always at least tried to give nearly everyone on the show some sort of hook and build. The Attitude era had a compelling undercard for a reason, and it wasn't because today's undercard wrestlers aren't as good, it's because they actually gave a fuck.

I think this is the feeling that I was trying to sum up earlier.

Anything that isn't the WWE/WHT belt is sort of an afterthought. Even Cody isn't really a stand-out IC Champ, he's a solid talent who just happens to have the belt right now, but that isn't entirely emphasized.

I mean, honestly, would they really give Show the IC belt at WM? I don't think that's really going to happen. So the feud is sort of...meh.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Hey now, Hunico's feud with Dibiase was enthralling. Dibiase didn't invite him to one of his parties! So Hunico and Camacho the Latino Polynesian got angry and wrestled him a couple of times. A+ booking right there.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I need Hunico/Camacho crashing a Dibiase Posse Party

I NEED CLOSURE

Xehalus on
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Hey now, Hunico's feud with Dibiase was enthralling. Dibiase didn't invite him to one of his parties! So Hunico and Camacho the Latino Polynesian got angry and wrestled him a couple of times. A+ booking right there.

something is wrong with this post

not one mention of the lowrider bike

for shame

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    Unco is culturally insensitive when it comes to understanding the importance of the low-rider bicycle to latino culture.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Oh crap, now Hunico's going to come after me isn't he?

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    This episode of Impact is giving me a really good Daniels/Styles match, but now there are shenanigans with it being a gauntlet match. Still cool. I'm glad Kazarian isn't being a complete toady for Daniels, although I just wish we could find out what's going on between the three of them so it would make sense why Kazarian turned on Styles.

Magell on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Evan Bourne's WWE Wellness suspension is set to officially end on March 17th.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    March 18th

We wish Evan Bourne all the luck in his future endeavors.

• Options
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    March 18th

Shit they don't have to wait that long. Pretty sure they fired Umaga during his suspension and a few other people.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    March 18th

Shit they don't have to wait that long. Pretty sure they fired Umaga during his suspension and a few other people.

Surely you mean Umanga?

williamregal.jpg

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    They'll probably just wait to can him after Mania along with the dozen or so others.

• Options
    These clips of Sorensen in the hospital make me sad

Knowing that by the time he is fully rehabbed, on the slim chance he comes back and can wrestle again, nobody will remember him

And that's if they don't eventually fire him, or they don't fully pay for his medical care

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    TNA is apparently going to have Zema Ion go the way of embracing the fact that he broke somebody's neck like Benoit getting the nickname 'crippler' for breaking Sabu's neck. Seemed super harsh coming right after a get well Sorenson promo video.

• Options
    @TNASorenson met w/doctors this wk & is out for up to a yr. We’re blessed he will be back at all. He’s staying positive. No comment on Zima.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I'm hoping they write it to where Zima's come uppance is epic in level. I know most injuries in say an Ultimate X match are actual botches but stage him getting his ass epicly handed to him with Ares or Shelly standing over him threating to land a career ending blow to him. IF he can learn to sob and cry on cue it could be a great end to "the most dangerous man in the X-Division"

This discussion has been closed.