[StarCraft2] POST IN NEW THREAD!!

• Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    the best probe micro

• Options
    TrunkersTrunkers Registered User regular
    Impyrocker wrote: »
    Trunkers wrote: »
    I just lost a game where I was ahead 29 - 4 in supply. Nobody is allowed to see the replay ever ever ever.

DTs?

Cloaked banshee and some really bad crisis management.

My MTG Cube Site - -http://riptidelab.com
  • Options
    ImpyrockerImpyrocker Registered User regular
    Impyrocker wrote: »
    I just lost a game where I was ahead 29 - 4 in supply. Nobody is allowed to see the replay ever ever ever.

DTs?

Cloaked banshee and some really bad crisis management.

Cloaked banshees can scare me like nothing else.

1345301-1.png
    Quasi ignis
    Flamma inferno
    Igne cutis
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    You clearly haven't faced enough hellion openings.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I've finally become reliable enough with my lair + overseer + few extra queen timings that cloaked banshees tend to strike me as a free win.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    I like this. Could be really good for protoss when dealing with zergling runbys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ooNh6_nKd4&feature=g-all-u&context=G230a840FAAAAAAAAAAA

• Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Okay guys, as it turns out, making double the recipe for chocolate chip cookies makes you 92 cookies.
    That is entirely too many cookies for one person.
    I was already sending a batch to kebeh and mmmig, but seeing as I bought plastic containers for shipping at the store today and there were three in the package, I think I need a third recipient.
    Would anyone like some cookies?
    m7Vim.jpg

narwhal on
    Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    MatzMatz Bronze Grandmaster FurieRegistered User regular
    I think the thread title needs to be updated to include "and baking us cookies"

2uenpg3.png

Lose: The opposite of win
    Loose: Your mum
    _J_ wrote: »
    I imagine that I make more money from D3 than I would make sucking dick. But I wouldn't want to spend either my D3 or dick sucking money on gear.
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    ... I would totally like some cookies.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Free cookies? Of course I'd take them. :D

edit: damn, sceptre beat me

fatalspoons on
  • Options
    haha okay Sceptre. PM me your address :D

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    Doesn't sceptre live in Australia? What's shipping on something like that?

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Sceptre lives in the land of the free[ly shared, delicious maple syrup], unless sc2sig lies to us.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    kedinik wrote: »
    Sceptre lives in the land of the free[ly shared, delicious maple syrup], unless sc2sig lies to us.

Oh. Wonder why I thought he lived in Australia.

• Options
    RedOneRedOne Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Griswold wrote: »
    Now that my thumb is no longer broke I'm returning to SC2, and I want to learn Zerg(!)

I'm learning 14 pool into expand for ZvP, hatch first for ZvT and ZvZ, with adjustments for what I scout.

A few questions for our resident Z's:
    1) What's your hotkey setup? I played a couple games last night to get the basic feel for the race, and I liked having individual hatches hotkeyed and just clicking queens for larva injects. Is there a better scheme for this?
    2) How do you handle rally points for your larvae? I kept ending up with drones idling, or overlords in my mineral lines.
    3) If your opponent early expands, what time do you tend to throw down your third?

1) I like to have all my hatcheries binded to 4, and my first three hatcheries on 5,6,7 respectively. When I am on 4+ bases, I click around the minimap to get my injects. It's inefficient, but I haven't found a way that I like more, yet. I like having all the hatches on one key, though, because it lets me mass units really easily. Though, I know that better zerg players like to have all their hatcheries on one key, then bind queens seperately. That way you can double tap, V, inject without selecting your queen manually. I don't like this though because my queens die a lot, lol

2) You can rally units and drones seperately, I'm not sure if you know that! Click on your minerals for drones, on the ground for units. I generally have each hatchery on it's own mineral line for drones until my first two bases are saturated. Then I put all drone rally's to my third (then 4th when that is full.) I hate transferring drones; I prefer to just saturate two bases, then make the rest with all my hatcheries, but rallied at a particular mineral line. Units usually get rallied in my natural at first, but then once I spread creep, they go behind the great wall of spines between all my bases if it goes late game :P

3) Something I have been doing and it helps a lot is I go by two rules: A) When bases are saturated, expand. Also, B) If I see him expand, expand again so I have 1+ base on him then drone. I have a third rule which is: when you reach 1000 minerals and are not going to make units, expand or throw down macro hatch. It feels risky to be expanding so frequently at first, but 300 minerals for a 3+base zerg is chump change so expand everywhere!

I also remember reading... I think by Sheth? You generally want to be 1+base on your opponant, but if you push it too much, you will overdrone and then die. Something about levels of saturation, but I personally try to avoid taking a third if I know he is on one base, because that means all-in and that means i maek unit

okay so the expansion thing was more complicated than i thought

Is marine-thor a relevant build vs zerg. I went up against a platinum terran yesterday who went marine thor, and my initial impression is that it is not.

I love when terrans do this. Give me your ladder points.
    narwhal wrote: »
    Okay guys, as it turns out, making double the recipe for chocolate chip cookies makes you 92 cookies.
    I was already sending a batch to kebeh and mmmig, but seeing as I bought plastic containers for shipping at the store today and there were three in the package, I think I need a third recipient.
    m7Vim.jpg

those look amazing how do I recieve some D:

RedOne on
    1495255-1.png?1331518337
  • Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    apologies for all the whine.

I'll keep it to a minimum from now on.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Curses! 23 minutes late for cookies!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Dropping LoadsDropping Loads Registered User regular
    I like this. Could be really good for protoss when dealing with zergling runbys.

*video*

I see how this works if the lings a-move into the mineral line, but I don't think it would help against the Zerg hitting hold position on his lings, which is what you are supposed to do anyway.

Sceptre: Penny Arcade, where you get starcraft AND marriage advice.
    3clipse: The key to any successful marriage is a good mid-game transition.
  • Options
    m7Vim.jpg

On an unrelated note, we've got the exact same blue and white bowl in our kitchen.

1345301-1.png
    Quasi ignis
    Flamma inferno
    Igne cutis
  • Options
    MatzMatz Bronze Grandmaster FurieRegistered User regular
    I must admit I am having a field day v Zerg (I am Terran) at the moment. Just a quick run through my last 40 or so reps (when I started labelling the opposition) puts me at a 91.67% win rate (as opposed to 58.33% for P and 53.85% for the mirror).

And despite still being in Bronze my last 7 games have all been v Silver (winning 5).

2uenpg3.png

Lose: The opposite of win
    Loose: Your mum
    _J_ wrote: »
    I imagine that I make more money from D3 than I would make sucking dick. But I wouldn't want to spend either my D3 or dick sucking money on gear.
  • Options
    RedOne wrote: »

welp, sceptre has half an hour to get back to me with his address. If he doesn't, the offer goes to fatal spoons next, and then you. I get the feeling that fatal will take me up on it though, so maybe next time red one :)

Narwhal#1834
  • Options

welp, sceptre has half an hour to get back to me with his address. If he doesn't, the offer goes to fatal spoons next, and then you. I get the feeling that fatal will take me up on it though, so maybe next time red one :)

Yup. In fact I'm going to send her my address now, just in case. Sorry Red.

• Options

uhhh no that's not necessary... I let ya know if I need it >_>

Narwhal#1834
  • Options

uhhh no that's not necessary... I let ya know if I need it >_>

Too late. I'm too quick with anything concerning cookies.

• Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    It's a shame that you can't apply that speed to Photon Cycles, or you might actually stand a chance against me.

• Options
    mEEksa wrote: »
    It's a shame that you can't apply that speed to Photon Cycles, or you might actually stand a chance against me.

da-da-da-DAMMMNNNNNNN

1345301-1.png
    Quasi ignis
    Flamma inferno
    Igne cutis
  • Options

All I need is a little cookie power, meeks. Be afraid.

• Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular

Just wait until I get back from my break. I've been studying complex Photon Cycles strategies in preparation for our re-match.

• Options

Just wait until I get back from my break. I've been studying complex Photon Cycles strategies in preparation for our re-match.

You may also have to contend with Vari for the Photon Cycles title. He's put up quite a showing lately.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Is anyone watching grubby right now?

• Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    One more step towards legitimacy!

platyo.png

• Options
    edited February 2012
    platyo.png

Nice man

fatalspoons on
  • Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Awesomely done cruc!

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited February 2012

*video*

I see how this works if the lings a-move into the mineral line, but I don't think it would help against the Zerg hitting hold position on his lings, which is what you are supposed to do anyway.

Not all zergs do that. Most will see just 1 cannon / spine / queen and try to kill it and lose to surround / held position cannons / spines / queen. It's really useful. Works on any melee unit (lings, zealots, ultras I think).

Ed; Congrats cruciality!!

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    NichNich Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    platyo.png

Similarily, after my 5 placement games I was also put in platinum. Which is strange, because at best I'm low gold. I expect to return to my proper rank shortly.

Nich on
    3DS friend code: 3523-3358-5049
    Proud owner of the Veggie, Constellation and Cephalothorax badges
  • Options
    SALVATIONNNNNN WHERE ARE YOUUUUU WE'RE WAITING FOR EPIC TIME

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    Kb9kahneKb9kahne Registered User regular
    We're Streaming salvation v Pants at www.twitch.tv/kb9kahne

11917-1.png
  • Options