Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Unofficial Forum Stylesheet - Ye Olde Style

191011121315»

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited July 6
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    august wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Is Stylus a thing for Firefox? The bright theme on a browser really stings. I'm spoiled on Ye Olde.

Yes.

Says it also requests access to website data and such. Is it legit?

I don't know? Suriko recommended people switch to it in the post he made above in Nov of 2017. It's currently being touted as a safe alternative to Stylish. I'm not a developer so I can't speak with authority about it but damn near every add-on you install gives that warning. So you have to decide for yourself if you want to trust it or not.

august on
    Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
  • übergeekübergeek Registered User regular
    Stylus is safe, the Stylish guy had added some adware ad tracking stuff to the addon, so the community wrote Stylus. I've been using it with no problems or any odd web activity.

camo_sig.png
    cj iwakura
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited July 12
    I ended up glancing through the how-to on extensions and just tossed two tutorials together to get something more or less functional without needing to worry about any third parties.

I didn't really need a general solution to begin with, so this works for me. Well, mostly works. There's this short gap between the page loading and the css being applied which is a bit annoying. I don't know much about web development, so I'm not sure how to fix that

my manifest file, if anyone cares:
    {
    	"manifest_version": 2,

"name": "ye olde style",
    	"permissions": ["tabs", "http://forums.penny-arcade.com/*"],
    	"description": "test",
    	"version": "1.0",

"content_scripts": [ 
    	{ 
    		"matches": ["https://forums.penny-arcade.com/*"],
    		"js": ["background.js"] 
    	}
    	]

}	

background.js comes from the 'install style as userscript' button on the stylish site; I've just renamed things to fit better with the tutorial.

Tamin on
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 28
    So I don't know what's going on but this no longer works for me in Chrome. Also, is Stylish no longer available for Chrome?

Edit: Looks like it was pulled a while back. Strange that it was working for me up until today...

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/software/chrome-and-firefox-pull-stylish-add-on-after-report-it-logged-browser-history/

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Like the article says and was mentioned upthread I think just get Stylus instead.

"For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men. Not women. Not beasts...this you can trust."
    skeldareTalith
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Like the article says and was mentioned upthread I think just get Stylus instead.

Cool, wasn't actually sure if it would work.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Had a similar issue and was very happy to see this thread is still going.

@Suriko, you're doing the Lord's work over there. Good God does this forum look terrible without Ye Olde Style.

I am in the business of saving lives.
    Kayne Red RobeZilla360TNTrooper
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    wish the regular boards settings allowed us to pick a color format that wasn't so bright.

ReynoldsKhildithübergeekZilla360TNTrooperdavidsdurionsXeddicus
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Is anyone else getting a huge gray box to the right of tweets after this recent fix?

steam_sig.png
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting a huge gray box to the right of tweets after this recent fix?

Updated, should be fixed now.

XeddicusTaranisIolo
    Yup that fixed it. You're the best Suriko <3

steam_sig.png
    Xeddicus
  • Fallout2manFallout2man Registered User regular
    Don't know if this has been reported yet. Using FF developer edition.

On posts with a large enough amount of agree/awesome count the icons go up and over the post, covering the bottom of it and making certain content unreadable.

Check out The Rules post (https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/165388/the-rules#latest), scroll to the bottom, and then try switching the style on and off to see the difference. The last two paragraphs are obscured by all the agree/awesome icons.

Thanks in advance for addressing this.

On Ignorance:
    Kana wrote:
    If the best you can come up with against someone who's patently ignorant is to yell back at him, "Yeah? Well there's BOOKS, and they say you're WRONG!"

Then honestly you're not coming out of this looking great either.
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited September 16
    Yeah, I get that. Have for a long time. Kludged together my own bit of code to remove them.

Xeddicus on
    "For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men. Not women. Not beasts...this you can trust."
    Spoit
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 17
    Updated with a slightly cludgy quick fix. Reaction icons are now a single line.

Suriko on
    ReynoldsIoloASimPersonFallout2mancj iwakuraZilla360
  • Kayne Red RobeKayne Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Is there an extension that works with Microsoft Edge? We "upgraded" at work and I am being seared,

It's super minor to the point where I'd say to not even bother fixing it, but the fall theme broke the PA logo in the top left corner

steam_sig.png
    Zilla360PLA
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    It's also broken without ye olde so might as well wait for them to fix the main site first

Magic Box
    Academician Prokhor "Phyphor" Zakharov, Chief Scientist of China, Provost of the University of Planet - SE++ Megagame
    ReynoldsSpoitKayne Red RobeZilla360