As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wasteland 2] 14 major areas to explore. One to press your balls against.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Syngyne wrote: »
    So I found out I have missed out on a special companion related to pets due to getting one killed a while back.
    The cyborg chickens
    If you manage to bring all 5 back to the chicken coop at Ranger HQ, at some point in the story they join together to form Poultron.
    Yeah, I think most people will probably miss out on that, myself included.
    The likelyhood of them surviving that long just isn't that likely. Best way to do it would probably be to know about this before hand and just go grab all of them one after the other while avoiding combat somehow.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Holy hell you guys weren't kidding about that Antique perk. Just sold my junk... Went from $300ish to $76,000. Money problems are over!

The only downside of that perk is that every time a questgiver tells you they are rewarding you handsomely and drowning you in riches and then they give you $283 you roll your eyes at the screen so hard it hurts.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    ”I had to kill like twenty people and almost died out there but sure, I'll settle for 200."

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Jesus, another one of those "classic radio songs" came on that seemed weirdly familiar. It was a cover of
    the theme song to "WKRP in Cincinnati".
    Haven't heard that one in 30 years.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Jesus, another one of those "classic radio songs" came on that seemed weirdly familiar. It was a cover of
    the theme song to "WKRP in Cincinnati".
    Haven't heard that one in 30 years.

Yeah, that one and
    Welcome Back, Kotter

took me back to being a kid in the 80s and flipping channels.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Lordy, the state of the console release makes this game hard to love. Regular crashes to the dashboard are bad enough, but for a couple of days I couldn't change up my squad, because as soon as I swapped anyone out, the game stopped responding to controller inputs.

That seems to be sorted out now, but boy was I surprised when the sneaky, lockpicking sniper I'd leveled up to 9 and took out of the squad for a mission came back with her attributes and perks reset and her skills set to 2 Automatics and 1 Explosives. No points to spend, either - just had to shelve her entirely.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    One thing I just realized way, way late is that capping a stat gives you extra bonuses. Coordination 10 gives 35% status resist instead of 30% it should, Strength 10 gives extra hp, Speed 10 extra evasion and movement etc. Skills don't seem to do anything special at 10 on the other hand.

Also I almost fainted when a bunch of mooks getting ready to fight me just took one look at my crew, shouted "OH SHIT it's the RANGERS! We are not being paid enough for this shit!" and ran away. So nice when human enemies aren't all ready to fight to their last drop of blood. (YMMV when you get to that fight, it's triggered by your fame.)

Mirkel on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I've run into an issue where my Rally skill almost never actually gives the buff to my teammates. If it happens I just restart the game and it works but it's really frustrating.

• Options
    Oh and another really large annoyance: The notification popups overlay on top of the map and that drives me CRAZY. So when it auto-saves it completely covers where I am going and I have to wait until it disappears.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I never use the minimap, so I hadn't noticed.

• Options
    Oh and another really large annoyance: The notification popups overlay on top of the map and that drives me CRAZY. So when it auto-saves it completely covers where I am going and I have to wait until it disappears.

The worst is opening a cache on the world map. Every single item in it pops up those notifications. It's a good minute and a half before you can see the map again.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Lordy, the state of the console release makes this game hard to love. Regular crashes to the dashboard are bad enough, but for a couple of days I couldn't change up my squad, because as soon as I swapped anyone out, the game stopped responding to controller inputs.

That seems to be sorted out now, but boy was I surprised when the sneaky, lockpicking sniper I'd leveled up to 9 and took out of the squad for a mission came back with her attributes and perks reset and her skills set to 2 Automatics and 1 Explosives. No points to spend, either - just had to shelve her entirely.

This is unfortunate because its been really smooth for me on PC

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    The only but I'm consistently running into is Lucia constantly being down to 75% of her health whenever I enter a new zone. I realized today it's because of the +1 CON on that stat boost hat you get at the beginning of the game.

• Options
    Goumindong wrote: »

This is unfortunate because its been really smooth for me on PC

I've run into my fair share of bugs with the game and one hard lock on my PC but otherwise it's been pretty "smooth".

• Options
    There's been a number of smaller bugs but the biggest one I've ran into is that the first fight in the Central (or was it Union?) Station near Denver always bugs out. First two times I tried it it didn't let me use any of my abilities, then ended in infinite loop where it cycled through all my characters and now when I went there again it just plain old crashed after I threw a turret as my first action. It's a side quest so I guess I can just leave it be but something that big slipping through the QA is a pretty clear indicator there's a lot of bugs.

• Options
    Heh, got through it and on to the next fight by choosing a different dialogue option. See some hostiles, set my group into a perfect position and shoot a rocket - enemy boss yells a warning, rocket hits ... and does 0 damage to anything, including barrels. New fight, new bugs!

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Selling all junk when you have no junk always gives a 'you cannot afford that item' message you have to click on (if I am remembering right).

It's also annoying to do the 'confirm' thing in a pop up window when doing level up stuff. I'd rather just click a confirm button.

Bigity on
  • Options
    Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    Am I the only Xboner who chuckled when they were able to get their first big console patch out in the morning for PS4 but it took until the afternoon for Xbox.

• Options
    Mod game combat updates

1) crit seeking is still far better than strength/awareness

2) energy weapons, for a couple of reasons, tend to have far better upgrade options. And weapon combos can be very unintuitive.

3) luck is an all or nothing stat that is too easy to avoid because it’s too easy to avoid needing penetration(and the bonus becomes progressively less valuable)

4) builds are highly variable based on which type of weapon decides to be available at what tier

The second is probably most worth examining but it plays into the fourth. There is a tier 5 energy subgun that does like 8-10 damage but makes 8 shots. This is decent to OK. Definitely less than the 30-40 x4 from a similar non-energy subgun.

But the energy subgun gets another +30% from weird science and it gets double the value from +dmg weapon mods and it gets eight times the value from that skill that gives .5 dmg per point of enemy armor. If an enemy has 10 armor (not a huge amount) the energy weapon gets +5 dmg... x8

Maybe there are some low armor dudes with high energy resistance later, I don’t know. But maybe not.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Mod game combat updates
    The second is probably most worth examining but it plays into the fourth. There is a tier 5 energy subgun that does like 8-10 damage but makes 8 shots. This is decent to OK. Definitely less than the 30-40 x4 from a similar non-energy subgun.

But the energy subgun gets another +30% from weird science and it gets double the value from +dmg weapon mods and it gets eight times the value from that skill that gives .5 dmg per point of enemy armor. If an enemy has 10 armor (not a huge amount) the energy weapon gets +5 dmg... x8

The energy gun gives more oomph, but you're spending up to 10 dollars vs 1 dollars per bullet.

I had similar problem, when I first went to bizarre. The local gunshop had clearly superior heavy gun, but it used .50 cal bullets (5 dollars per bullet), instead of 1 dollar bullets the other early heavy machine guns used. I couldn't afford to use it at that point.

jammu on
    Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    I'm getting near the end now, and am already planning a second run to mop up achievements.

I think I'll wait for a patch, as there are some bugs that are annoying, such as not being able to charm animals any more, meaning there are at least 2 achievements I cant get.

Been really fun overall, though. And as always , I'm looking forward to faster load times on a new console, as they're getting silly now, late game.

• Options
    jammu wrote: »
    Mod game combat updates

The energy gun gives more oomph, but you're spending up to 10 dollars vs 1 dollars per bullet.

I had similar problem, when I first went to bizarre. The local gunshop had clearly superior heavy gun, but it used .50 cal bullets (5 dollars per bullet), instead of 1 dollar bullets the other early heavy machine guns used. I couldn't afford to use it at that point.

Once you get Bartering 7 money is no longer an issue.

• Options
    Bartering 7 is absolutely critical in the game.

• Options
    Bartering 7 is absolutely critical in the game.

The best thing about that perk is that afterwards in every battle when you ask yourself "Can I afford to use a rocket/grenade/turret/disposable robot in this fight?" the answer is always yes.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I have been quite enjoying this game!

That classic old school rpg fun.

One bug/disappointment:

The Poindexter perk.

If you take it on a character that is already leveled up they do not get the extra skill points for past levels. But they do seem to take all the health penalties.

Kinda lame. But whatever. Sticking it out anyway.

• Options
    Mirkel wrote: »
    Is there any way to disarm the traps that are just red laser lights from one wall to another and then explode when you walk through? Explosives skill doesn't seem to help, neither throwing frag grenades at it. Walking through it and healing afterwards works but feels silly.

In other news, my sniper went from hitting for 90 to hitting for 220 at the same time he finally got to 12 AP so he can fire twice. So satisfying to one-shot enemies again. Of course, right afterwards an enemy sniper shot one of my girls for 361 crit so it goes both ways.

Found one of these that would not let me interact with it. The perk that lets you walk over explosives and not set them off worked. But it was the only thing that did @Mirkel

Probably a bug related to a misplaced interaction

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Is there any way to disarm the traps that are just red laser lights from one wall to another and then explode when you walk through? Explosives skill doesn't seem to help, neither throwing frag grenades at it. Walking through it and healing afterwards works but feels silly.

In other news, my sniper went from hitting for 90 to hitting for 220 at the same time he finally got to 12 AP so he can fire twice. So satisfying to one-shot enemies again. Of course, right afterwards an enemy sniper shot one of my girls for 361 crit so it goes both ways.

Found one of these that would not let me interact with it. The perk that lets you walk over explosives and not set them off worked. But it was the only thing that did @Mirkel

Probably a bug related to a misplaced interaction

It's listed as a known bug so they'll probably fix it in the next patch, I hope. I found more of these and after shift-clicking it a dozen times with my explosive expert I did get it to disarm even though it never showed me a disarm tooltip.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    All the red lasers I've run into so far have been connected to various hidden switches that turn them off.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular

Apparently it's bad on Xbox One, and worse on PS4. Bummer. Simply because of my narrow view of the history of the franchise ("Did you know this spun-off into a little game called Fallout?") I was inherently planning to try it out on PC anyway, but it's still bad news.

• Options
    Synthesis wrote: »

Apparently it's bad on Xbox One, and worse on PS4. Bummer. Simply because of my narrow view of the history of the franchise ("Did you know this spun-off into a little game called Fallout?") I was inherently planning to try it out on PC anyway, but it's still bad news.

Oh really? I thought it was worse on Xbox. That's where I was seeing the majority of the complaints online. I'm on ps4 and have had a few crashes. But all of the "I have crashed 5 times in one night" posts I saw were people on Xbox.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    How do you get the damn radiation shielding for your wagon? I got a mechanic, so I need more than one?

• Options
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    How do you get the damn radiation shielding for your wagon? I got a mechanic, so I need more than one?

It's the chassis upgrades.

There should be 2 of them at the mechanic shop in your garage when you first get it up and running.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular

The first two levels are a garage upgrade. For the third:
    There's a Department of Defense site with a tough fight to the southeast of Aspen and northeast of Colorado Springs with a module that gives you the last bit of radiation resistance.

• Options
    edited September 2020

There's a Department of Defense site with a tough fight to the southeast of Aspen and northeast of Colorado Springs with a module that gives you the last bit of radiation resistance.

I just bought the third level from my garage after getting far enough in the main questline, after one more of those "we've done miracles here at the ranger HQ R&D, come and see what we got now" messages.

And if you were wondering how to install those things, you click on the repair table full of junk next to your Kodiak in the garage at the ranger HQ.

Mirkel on
  • Options
    Dammit, looks like I've managed to make a total mess out of my playthrough. There's only 8 companions and I've killed or let go three. Three won't agree with what I'm doing and I can't find one (and his faction hates me anyways, so I have no idea if he would join me), which leaves me with just one green girl and a less than a full party.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited September 2020

It's the chassis upgrades.

There should be 2 of them at the mechanic shop in your garage when you first get it up and running.

I don;t see anywhere that I could get them from in my base? Do I need more than one mechanic for a complete garage?

edit: ah! got it! It's actually tied to your progression. After you do the Zealot mission the shop opens up.

DanHibiki on
  • Options
    Big Yuma/Liberty spoilers:
    So I let Cordite go ages ago when I freed him since I didn't want any slavers in my crew. Once I met with Angela and agreed to go with her plan she kept on telling me how stupid I had been and I should've taken him with me. Figured I can still go after the Patriarch but then Josie bails on me, wailing about how we need to think of Arizona and we can't deviate from the mission. Kwon and Lucia are both out as well, leaving me with only the green girl as my sole companion. After looking for the hobo companion a bit and never finding him in any of the places he is supposed to be, I figure I can still do this and head to Yuma with 5 people, assuming I can meet with Cordite there.

I meet with Patriarch's spy, tell him I'm working for Cordite and he laughs at my face. I kill him, walk out of the building only to see Cordite's corpse swaying in the wind. Uh ... oh. Now I basically have no plan/quest so I'm just walking around killing everything I see. There's all sorts of important quest items I keep on finding but I have no quest for them since I'm totally off the rails. Kinda curious how it all goes, already wiped out the Scarface mines.

• Options
    So I let Cordite go ages ago when I freed him since I didn't want any slavers in my crew. Once I met with Angela and agreed to go with her plan she kept on telling me how stupid I had been and I should've taken him with me. Figured I can still go after the Patriarch but then Josie bails on me, wailing about how we need to think of Arizona and we can't deviate from the mission. Kwon and Lucia are both out as well, leaving me with only the green girl as my sole companion. After looking for the hobo companion a bit and never finding him in any of the places he is supposed to be, I figure I can still do this and head to Yuma with 5 people, assuming I can meet with Cordite there.

I meet with Patriarch's spy, tell him I'm working for Cordite and he laughs at my face. I kill him, walk out of the building only to see Cordite's corpse swaying in the wind. Uh ... oh. Now I basically have no plan/quest so I'm just walking around killing everything I see. There's all sorts of important quest items I keep on finding but I have no quest for them since I'm totally off the rails. Kinda curious how it all goes, already wiped out the Scarface mines.
    Scotchmo was just sitting in my HQ lunchroom after recruiting the noodle cook from the Bizarre.

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular

I just bought the third level from my garage after getting far enough in the main questline, after one more of those "we've done miracles here at the ranger HQ R&D, come and see what we got now" messages.

And if you were wondering how to install those things, you click on the repair table full of junk next to your Kodiak in the garage at the ranger HQ.

I have my car fully upgraded, but never got the achievement, so it’s either bugged, or there’s something I missed.

I could also never get the secondary weapon to work, despite have three to choose from, nothing would work.

I think I’ll create a new team for my Hard playthrough, but wait for a patch before starting.

Great game overall, but very buggy, on Xbox.

Oh, and charm animal stopped working past a certain point, too.

• Options

Scotchmo was just sitting in my HQ lunchroom after recruiting the noodle cook from the Bizarre.

Yeah he isn't there. I never recruited the cook though, maybe that's why? Or it could just be because refugees hate me, who knows. I could give the cook thing a try after work I guess.