As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the Dao of "games journalism"

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    99% sure it'll be shovelwear.

I really can't think of a book based on a movie or game that has actually been any good.

You mean a game based on a book or movie, I think.

Also, Chronicles of Riddick comes to mind as a game that bucks that trend.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options

I really can't think of a book based on a movie or game that has actually been any good.

I think you meant to say "a game based on a book or movie".

And Chronicles of Riddick comes to mind as a game that bucks that trend.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    dang

i had weird and elaborate visions for a dragon age set in westeros, but all i did was glance at screenshots

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    not to mention they already put out a game of thrones strategy game that is terrible

xmassig2.gif
  • Options

You clearly haven't played Chronicles of Riddick.

You should do that.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    plus they're releasing it against diablo 3, which means they have a ton of faith in their product or absolutely none

I'm willing to bet the latter

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular

spiderhyphenman 2

• Options
    anyway i just bought a ps3 controller so that i can play some games without doing the mouse thing

owns

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

You clearly haven't played Chronicles of Riddick.

You should do that.

There are always exceptions. Riddick has never really interested my so it comes as no surprise I didn't know there was a game that was any good.

• Options
    Buttlord wrote: »

spiderhyphenman 2

Neg

• Options

spiderhyphenman 2

Neg

get the FUCK out

• Options
    I'd rather play Altered Beast

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    anyway i just bought a ps3 controller so that i can play some games without doing the mouse thing

owns

shoulda got the wireless xbox controller. better controller, and some games automatically map to it and replace keyboard stuff with the xbox controller buttons on the UI.

• Options
    edited April 2012

owns

shoulda got the wireless xbox controller. better controller, and some games automatically map to it and replace keyboard stuff with the xbox controller buttons on the UI.

on the other hand some games

like ubisoft's

don't like the wireless receiver

and since my main reason for getting this is to play dead space

e: plus it costs twice as much as the ps3 controller

Buttlord on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I want some shovelwear

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options

owns

like ubisoft's

Yeah, that's true, but the fix is pretty easy! Download program, run it, let it generate some files, leave those files where they are, never worry about it ever again.

what program

motion joy?

• Options

owns

like ubisoft's

Yeah, that's true, but the fix is pretty easy! Download program, run it, let it generate some files, leave those files where they are, never worry about it ever again.

• Options
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I want some shovelwear

282691-the_shoveler.jpg

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Don't you need some really shady chinese-developed drivers that require an internet connection to get most of the DS3 stuff working?

I remember that being the case.

Which is why I just got a wired 360 controller.

this is the other option, depending on how my week goes at work

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

spiderhyphenman 2

star wars podracing

Goldeneye

aladdin on the genesis

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Don't you need some really shady chinese-developed drivers that require an internet connection to get most of the DS3 stuff working?

I remember that being the case.

Which is why I just got a wired 360 controller.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I have several wired 360 controllers. Because they are awesome and work super well and easy with everything

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    by the way the harry potter game for the game boy color was actually quite good

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    First AvP is also good. Well, not first. The one from 2000.

Had a horde mode before horde modes were a thing.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    Artreus wrote: »
    I have several wired 360 controllers. Because they are awesome and work super well and easy with everything

gimme one

i don't wanna drop another thirty bucks this second

i just dropped thirty on a toy i don't wanna drop another thirty

• Options
    I don't know if the program I got is chinese developed or not but I only ever downloaded and ran it once and haven't had a single problem with any of the games I've tried since. If they have the ability to use a gamepad, it works, and if they have the coding to change the UI to 360 controls, they will. Internet connection or no.

Singularity is the only game I've had issues with, and that's just because it labels everything as GAMEPAD1 to 13. It doesn't have the 360 controller coding, which I've come to rely too much on.

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    LION KING on the Genesis

if we're going to talk about greatest games ever made

also this walking dead game is fucking GREAT

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

spiderhyphenman 2

star wars podracing

Goldeneye

aladdin on the genesis

the lord of the rings games

the star wars games on the snes/genesis

• Options
    I enjoyed it a lot

I wish they'd do a thing like this with mass effect

smaller scale episodic things would be real cool in that universe

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Really though, if the 360 controller had a d pad which wasn't a war crime it'd be the perfect controller. I just like the joystick layout much better. The dualshock 3 is a good controller but L2 and R2 are a joke and their joysticks are just a bit too tall.

new one has a better dpad

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Really though, if the 360 controller had a d pad which wasn't a war crime it'd be the perfect controller. I just like the joystick layout much better. The dualshock 3 is a good controller but L2 and R2 are a joke and their joysticks are just a bit too tall.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    the disney side scrollers for the SNES/Genesis were generally excellent

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    harry potter: quidditch world cup fucking ruled

the lego star wars and lego harry potter games are also excellent

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    wasn't the wolverine game also supposed to be pretty decent

• Options

Geebs, what is the best Lego [Franchise] game?

Because I'd like to try one.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular

everyone says this but I got my 360 last august. wasn't that after they changed it? if so, then I really don't want to try out the old dpad because the new one is terrible too.

Only special controllers have the new d-pad.

They do not come bundled with any xbox.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options

everyone says this but I got my 360 last august. wasn't that after they changed it? if so, then I really don't want to try out the old dpad because the new one is terrible too.

is yours the one that changes heights

if not

no

• Options

• Options
    Stilts wrote: »

Geebs, what is the best Lego [Franchise] game?

Because I'd like to try one.

I am not geebs but Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga has the most lego bang for your buck

xmassig2.gif
  • Options

you can only get the improved dpad if you buy it separately i think

and really it's better but it's still not great

This discussion has been closed.