Options

Breath of [Phalla] III - Final Day - Teepo's World (Cultist Victory)

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Talk with your votes, by the way. You can always change it later, but that's how we get more stuff happening.

As in, Gaslight and Figgy? You're making posts pointing people out without putting yourself on the line. Do the same analysis, pick the most suspicious, vote.

My post was just a basic rundown of who was on the Blasphemer wagon and their stated reason for being so. I don't have the time right now or the inclination to try to analyze it more deeply, so I'm not going to throw out a hasty vote and start a possibly mistaken wagon, especially this early in the day.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Talk with your votes, by the way. You can always change it later, but that's how we get more stuff happening.

As in, Gaslight and Figgy? You're making posts pointing people out without putting yourself on the line. Do the same analysis, pick the most suspicious, vote.

My post was just a basic rundown of who was on the Blasphemer wagon and their stated reason for being so. I don't have the time right now or the inclination to try to analyze it more deeply, so I'm not going to throw out a hasty vote and start a possibly mistaken wagon, especially this early in the day.

Yeah, yeah :). You were just the first two I saw on this page. I'm not forcing you to vote early, but early votes are more helpful than later ones.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    But don't worry, I'll restore your faith in me today.

Restore?

Dunno if you're saying that I never lost it, or never had it.

If the former: Thanks! :P But you'll have even more reason now

If the latter: I gave you a mafia, I am fairly obviously joined with a Brood, and Brood are village-aligned. If you honestly have suspicions, we need to talk, otherwise you are dragging the rest of us down.

Geez, for a guy who spent the evening getting awards and hanging out with his girlfriend, you could stand to lighten up a little. It was a joke, people have been joking about how scary it is having you as a network head the entire time, including after you gave us a mafia. Chillax? :P

Gaslight on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    I'm actually working on something a bit more substantial than what I posted there. I spent a good deal of time re-counting the votes yesterday to see the timing on the Baidol/l3lasphemer/Dumpshock thing last night, but it wasn't as damning as I thought it'd be.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Figgy wrote: »
    I'm actually working on something a bit more substantial than what I posted there. I spent a good deal of time re-counting the votes yesterday to see the timing on the Baidol/l3lasphemer/Dumpshock thing last night, but it wasn't as damning as I thought it'd be.

It looked pretty weird reading it all at once :lol:
    But don't worry, I'll restore your faith in me today.

Restore?

Dunno if you're saying that I never lost it, or never had it.

If the former: Thanks! :P But you'll have even more reason now

If the latter: I gave you a mafia, I am fairly obviously joined with a Brood, and Brood are village-aligned. If you honestly have suspicions, we need to talk, otherwise you are dragging the rest of us down.

Geez, for a guy who spent the evening getting awards and hanging out with his girlfriend, you could stand to lighten up a little. It was a joke, people have been joking about how scary it is having you as a network head the entire time, including after you gave us a mafia. Chillax? :P

Shush you! Everything went crazy while I was gone, and now I'm tired, and now I have no idea what anyone is thinking. Don't make me smite you! :P

less than three

Steam profile
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular

shalmelo: I think you were trying to be silly, but the more I read it the more it sounds like a subtle way of trying to undermine me.

Nah, you're as proven as I can reasonably expect.

If I was trying to undermine you, I'd be way less subtle. :P

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I'm still trying to figure out why everyone jumped onto DumpShock. At least when I did it, I had evidence, or something that resembled evidence anyway.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    shalmelo wrote: »

shalmelo: I think you were trying to be silly, but the more I read it the more it sounds like a subtle way of trying to undermine me.

Nah, you're as proven as I can reasonably expect.

If I was trying to undermine you, I'd be way less subtle. :P

And then I'd have to kill you :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    shalmelo wrote: »
    AND makes the host work harder.

the real reason :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I'm also down with the early voting thing (early voting leads to late adjustments, which makes for good vote history and analysis AND makes the host work harder). So spoit , in honor of his weird bandwagon-hopping at the end of the day.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    For now, REG Rysk. More on this tomorrow.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Man, a lot of votes got shifted around last minute, what happened there folks.

Also, Dumpshock, did you really jump on someone that was confirmed as non-mafia to you?

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    o0o0o0o

Killed by the guardians?

That is the worst job of guarding EVER!

o0o0o0o

• Options
    l3lasphemer69l3lasphemer69 Registered User regular
    o0o0o0o

what just happened? besides the obvious

o0o0o0o

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Unless I'm missing something, Corvidae voted like 4 times in the 2 pages before vote close. That seems fishy enough to mee to warrant a vote.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    So, the votes on Blasphemer:

TheRoadVirus, Matev, Assuran, Taya, ObiFett, Mr. Mojo Risin, DumpShock, Spoit

Matev, Assuran, Mojo all used the same reasoning ("Blasphemer voted way late on INANTP"). Virus, Obi and Dump all voted for basically no substantive stated reason. Spoit was a last minute switch off of Dump, with accompanying threats and huffing and puffing.

OK, so the question here is, which do we find more suspicious: voting for Blasphemer relatively early based on a fairly flimsy justification, or voting for him for no particular reason at all?

To me, the three people who went after him for being late on the INATP-wagon are more strange. That reasoning frankly stinks. What would they have us believe, that when there were, say, a mere 20 votes on INATP there were still mafia holding back to see if another wagon would get started, but when the wagon on INATP hit 30, then and only then they bowed to the inevitable and said, "Welp, guess I better vote for INATP to cover my tracks, herp derp?" Give me a break.

The seer reveal happening so early that day made voting records pretty much pointless, there's no getting around it. Just as likely there's mafia in the early votes on INATP as in the late ones. So three people supposedly suspicious of Blasphemer for being one of the last votes on a day when literally all but like three people voted the same way? Yeah, not buying that, and we should have called them on it yesterday and maybe saved a villager, but, well, I spent my day installing new computers for senior citizens so I had neither the time or the mood to pay much attention to what was happening. Not saying everybody who used that justification is mafia, I can see a person using it sincerely in the absence of anything else to go on without thinking about it very deeply, but it's the type of thing mafia would seize on as an opportunity to build a wagon, especially on what appears to be a fairly new, relatively less active player who a lot of people in the game aren't super familiar with.

So based on that, I am going to put my vote on Assuran until and unless somebody can convince me there's a better choice.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    i tend to do that when i'm flailing around with no leads (and drunk). I didn't like the blasphemer vote, and i'm waiting for the network to figure out the dumpshock info.

• Options
    To me, the three people who went after him for being late on the INATP-wagon are more strange. That reasoning frankly stinks. What would they have us believe, that when there were, say, a mere 20 votes on INATP there were still mafia holding back to see if another wagon would get started, but when the wagon on INATP hit 30, then and only then they bowed to the inevitable and said, "Welp, guess I better vote for INATP to cover my tracks, herp derp?" Give me a break.

I like this reasoning, yeah. Probably nothing too useful from that day's votes.

Steam profile
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Figgy, I am disappoint.

Why are you pushing so hard for me roman?

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    I'm not really. You got really defensive after I just mentioned you were mafia without even voting for you. The initial reasoning was posted yesterday which I'll quote.

If someone makes a convincing argument otherwise I might switch off, otherwise yeah.

• Options
    RED Rysk wrote:
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Yeah, with this many genes it seems probable that more people will be able to activate than we are seeing, but how do we vet those people without offering up (potentially) an unactivated gene?

Holy mafia post batman...
    I'm sorry, do you know something I don't?

Information I've gathered from the public realm has shown that it is probable the unactivated genes started in the majority. Thus far we have seen two activations on both days at the start. Kime said that this trend would likely continue which implies that there are two known people activating the genes per day. Reason stands that there would be more than two in the entire game able to do this based on the number of dead genes we've seen and the pair of activations each day, just two of them are part of this Kime network or two are acting independently.

The village would be aided by activating more genes, but anybody who comes to the network claiming that they can activate could be a mafia trying to get into the network. A ploy that, by mechanics, I would assume would fail and result in knowing then who some of the mafia are.

Guess I don't know how providing clarification on what mechanics I see is a mafia post roman.
    Its not a mafia post because anything you're saying is incorrect, merely because it feels like you're trying to fish for information about something that mafia likely know little about.

• Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Still think its strange that T_Anon has been so out of it. T_A is normally participates, right? All he has done is (1) show up for the INANTP train, (2) make a throwaway comment about langly, and then (3) throw in on Dumpshock late.

I think there are more pressing debacles to sort out from last night, but I did want to register this.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    No sir, you are incorrect. I'm now getting defensive because you're telling other people what I did which is incorrect.

What I did was respond to you and offer up my opinion of the situation in more detail. Somebody else was in there doing the same thing, have to go back and check who that was.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    TA is actually not very active, usually.

• Options
    Anialos wrote: »
    Hmm, I'm going to go with rEG Rysk for this post . The implication of him being part of a vetting process means he is either a brood or a mafia trying to pose as one? That's what I make of it anywho.

The person and vote in question. Once again, stating things I didn't actually do or say.

• Options
    No sir, you are incorrect. I'm now getting defensive because you're telling other people what I did which is incorrect.

What I did was respond to you and offer up my opinion of the situation in more detail. Somebody else was in there doing the same thing, have to go back and check who that was.

Please explain how i'm misrepresenting your actions when I'm literally quoting your posts?

• Options
    Still think its strange that T_Anon has been so out of it. T_A is normally participates, right? All he has done is (1) show up for the INANTP train, (2) make a throwaway comment about langly, and then (3) throw in on Dumpshock late.

I think there are more pressing debacles to sort out from last night, but I did want to register this.

This feels like mafia trying to wagon an inactive that isn't them.

• Options
    oh hey, by the way, Baidol has claimed to be Rei, a named role and one that has been mentioned in the narrations.

IF YOU ARE REI, AND YOU ARE NOT BAIDOL, NOW IS THE TIME TO PUBLICLY SAY THAT

• Options
    Hmm, I'm going to go with rEG Rysk for this post . The implication of him being part of a vetting process means he is either a brood or a mafia trying to pose as one? That's what I make of it anywho.

The person and vote in question. Once again, stating things I didn't actually do or say.
    So if i'm understanding it correctly, you're blaming me for someone else misunderstanding your over-reaction to my post which could have just been laughed off?

Now I know how Obama feels.

That said, Anailos, that's a dodgy vote as all hell. I think its very likely that you're of the (an?) opposing alignment to Rysk.

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    oh hey, by the way, Baidol has claimed to be Rei, a named role and one that has been mentioned in the narrations.

To me, not publicly.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    So if i'm understanding it correctly, you're blaming me for someone else misunderstanding your over-reaction to my post which could have just been laughed off?

That said, Anailos, that's a dodgy vote as all hell. I think its very likely that you're of the (an?) opposing alignment to Rysk.

The question at that point becomes who is on which side if this is the case?
    There is so much speculation going on with (in some cases) flimsy evidence, it's about to make my eyes bleed. I think until we get more concrete evidence in either direction, I'm gonna keep my vote on the actions that seemed fishiest to me.

• Options
    Langly wrote: »

To me, not publicly.

well fine, it just needs to come out.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012

Oh I know the logic is shakey, thus my inclusion of a question. I'll most likely be shifting my vote to a better target later. No idea what Rysk's alignment is. Unless he really is a baddie, we're on the same side!

Not to mention that you found that particular post of his mafia-ish as well!

Anialos on
  • Options

You don't understand correctly. I'm not blaming you for anything, simply pointing out that I find you suspicious, and if I were to be killed (and when you find I'm not mafia) you have people to look at.

I didn't over-react to your post, but it made me realize I didn't qualify my statements very well. Then you made the point that we shouldn't share information and hypothesis which is counterproductive to the village typically.

You're doing a decent job of spinning information romanqwerty and in light of any direct information from the network I am finding you to be a prime suspect.

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    This town ain't big enough for the two of ya.

• Options
    Farangu wrote: »
    This town ain't big enough for the two of ya.

This is made even better by your avatar

• Options
    Yeah i'm giving up with this. I was trying to be transparent but you're blinded by tunnel vision, which if anything makes you more likely to be village. I'm finding those who jumped on your wagon after me mighty suspicious.

Figgy what gives?

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Awww, I wanted to see a fight. Oh well, off to look for a better vote target.

• Options
    How are you being transparent? You made a radical hyperbolic post for thinking a second person on a wagon on me (whom is the only person who's role I know FOR CERTAIN). I'm not being blinded by anything, as you continue to post I'm not feeling any better about your position.

Figgy was the person I was more interested in today based on his vote for me, but you continue to tingle my radar. Figgy is hard to read as mafia because he only needs to provide the same kind of analysis he did before and seem very helpful as long as no solid evidence he notes points to all the mafia.

• Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    I apologise for missing yesterday. Ill girlfriend needs looking after.

Reading through thread now.