Options

Breath of [Phalla] III - Final Day - Teepo's World (Cultist Victory)

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    @Assuran, get better, and let us know when you're OK!

@Alegis, don't you even think of withdrawing and denying us the entertainment of your drunk posts :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    it is a rare phalla player who thinks, on the way to the hospital, "honey, make sure you get the bbcode right on my withdrawal post. dark orange, don't forgettttttt"

that is awesome.

get better assuran!

I was thinking the exact same thing and laughing.

Be well Assuran.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    corvidae wrote: »
    I think figgy's analysis hasn't been on point this time around. Granted I understand what he said about getting grudge killed, but hey.

Also his votes have been mostly on ppl who turned up green.

I have to respond to this because it's hilarious. You do realize that we have only found one mafia, right? You do realize that, other than that one mafia, everyone voted out has turned up green.

You know who else voted on people who turned up green? Moreso than me? You: jdarksun. sportzbowtjw.

My only vote that turned up green was l3lasphemer69. And it was my Day 1 vote. I mean, if anyone is off point right now...

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    If there is a player named Nina who has not told me that, now is your time.

Ok, I'm going to say that this is getting dangerously close to role-call. From now on, if anyone does something like this, I will be very upset.

I am not saying people can't epic reveal, but specifically saying "so and so MUST COME FORWARD NOW or something something" is not allowed.

• Options
    it is a rare phalla player who thinks, on the way to the hospital, "honey, make sure you get the bbcode right on my withdrawal post. dark orange, don't forgettttttt"

that is awesome.

get better assuran!

I was just going to mention this. Hopefully it means it's nothing too serious, if that thought came to mind.

• Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular

that is awesome.

get better assuran!

(i was totally thinking this - get well @assuran)

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I believe Assuran mentioned something earlier about a kidney stone?

So, hella painful, but probably not life-threatening.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    @assuran, hope everything is okay.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Kidney stones are an abominable hell that I wouldn't wish on anyone. Good luck passing your glass, and may its edges be dull

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Just got home from work, going to catch up on thread.(or play Diablo III beta) What the heck happened last night?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    AkimboLegs wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    If there is a player named Nina who has not told me that, now is your time.

Ok, I'm going to say that this is getting dangerously close to role-call. From now on, if anyone does something like this, I will be very upset.

I am not saying people can't epic reveal, but specifically saying "so and so MUST COME FORWARD NOW or something something" is not allowed.

Sorry, don't remember that being in the OP. won't happen again:)

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    corvidae wrote: »
    I think figgy's analysis hasn't been on point this time around. Granted I understand what he said about getting grudge killed, but hey.

Also his votes have been mostly on ppl who turned up green.

I have to respond to this because it's hilarious. You do realize that we have only found one mafia, right? You do realize that, other than that one mafia, everyone voted out has turned up green.

You know who else voted on people who turned up green? Moreso than me? You: jdarksun. sportzbowtjw.

My only vote that turned up green was l3lasphemer69. And it was my Day 1 vote. I mean, if anyone is off point right now...
    That is pretty weirdly defensive figgy

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I don't think that figgy is necessarily being too defensive, his reasoning makes sense. Corv's vote is about his analysis bringing up green names, well, he's not magic. Most people are mostly wrong in phalla. Figgy is really good at data mining but it doesn't make him perfect.

• Options
    Exactly, which is why turning that argument on it's head is...weird?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »

I just read it as saying "if I am mafia for voting green names, you are just as suspicious if not more so"

• Options
    In fact I think his constant revelations to the thread as being a special and being a target and being known by the mafia (talking with inantp) while also voting for someone doing vote analysis and generally being helpful to the village is enough for me to vote for them

corvidae

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    Dont really have time to read the thread as I have to run. I found out 20mins ago that I need to report for training at my job by 4pm...I need to leave and can't read the thread. Sorry but romanqwerty{/color] seems to get off everynight for some reason.. This could be random, or it could be mafia pushing it off him. I dunno it has happened before.

Sorry got to run guys!!

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular

I just read it as saying "if I am mafia for voting green names, you are just as suspicious if not more so"

Exactly how I read it. If either of the two is suspicious I'd think it is corv. Combine that with corv's voting shenanigans last night and that leads me to want a closer look at the old bird.

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    o gods...
    romanqwerty derppy time!

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    See, I'm damned if I do and I'm damned if I don't. I have a voting analysis drawn up for corv, but if I post it, I'm being too defensive. If I don't post it, I'm trying to dodge the issue or blend in.

Oh phalla. I have much more fun playing when I'm digging through post records and looking for things that seem out of place. I find it much more intriguing to look at posts when they're all brought side-by-side than to quote a single post and say "This looks shady." But if it's going to get me offed for being too helpful, then I'd rather back down a bit more.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    So, um, how many people are claiming special at this point?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    @Spoit, I would expect you to be leading the charge against DumpShock today, what with switching off of him to Blasphemer at the last minute and, well, basically saying you'd be leading the charge against Dump if Blasphemer died green.

• Options
    Nirya wrote: »

too, too, many

• Options
    So, that's two games in a row for daniant being an inactive special?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Gaslight wrote: »
    @Spoit, I would expect you to be leading the charge against DumpShock today, what with switching off of him to Blasphemer at the last minute and, well, basically saying you'd be leading the charge against Dump if Blasphemer died green.
    Huh? Obi didn't say anything about blashphemer being green, just dumpshock

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »

too, too, many

Yes that is what I thought.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    See, I'm damned if I do and I'm damned if I don't. I have a voting analysis drawn up for corv, but if I post it, I'm being too defensive. If I don't post it, I'm trying to dodge the issue or blend in.

Oh phalla. I have much more fun playing when I'm digging through post records and looking for things that seem out of place. I find it much more intriguing to look at posts when they're all brought side-by-side than to quote a single post and say "This looks shady." But if it's going to get me offed for being too helpful, then I'd rather back down a bit more.

I'd love to see your analysis on corvidae. Reasoning mentioned above by @Langly and in my previous posts and your own.

• Options
    edited April 2012

Yeah, I meant Obi. :P What I'm trying to say is: Obi supposedly convinced you to switch off of Dump onto Blasphemer, and you threatened it would be "his head" if DumpShock doesn't turn out to be good. Well, we don't know about Dump or Obi yet, but Blasphemer died green, and you haven't said word one against either Dump or Obi today, when I would expect you to be pretty annoyed with/suspicious of them. Instead, you've voted for Figgy, who seems generally pretty helpful.

Seems a little odd to me and I'd be interested to hear your explanation.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    I've already given it out privately to a couple people, but here it is:

In the interest of hopefully sparking some sort of discussion, since we're currently just all taking pot shots at each other with nothing to show for it, I'll throw up a little diddy.

Day 1
    <8:26AM> Typical Day 1 vote. Ends up on the leading train, though.
    <9:48PM> Changes vote with 12 minutes to close. There was no hope of saving sportz with this move. Just the vote. No context.

Day 2
    <12:49PM> Quietly hops on the INANTP wagon. Same as the last vote, just a red name. No context.
    <10:01PM> Says he's going to be killed.
    <10:19PM> Says he was hit.

Day 3
    <10:29PM> Early, early vote for Farangu. Barely any context.
    <2:45PM> Says he'll epic reveal at the end of the night because the mafia know too much about him, based on what he said to INANTP.
    <6:48PM> Votes dumpshock. Just a red name. No context.
    <7:45PM> Says the network has told him not to reveal. Asks for guard/heal
    <8:17PM> Votes romanqwerty. Zero context.
    <8:33PM> Votes Langly. Zero context.
    <9:39PM> Votes Baidol. Zero context.
    <9:55PM> Votes dumpshock. Zero context.
    <10:07PM> "i'm sorry village. btw, magic box has blasphemer 1 ahead of dumpshock last time i checked. dump was supposedly hitting baidol tonight, even after i recommended not to."

Day 4
    <10:41PM> Puts his vote back on dumpshock.
    <9:05AM> Says his voting spree the night before was because he was "flailing around" and drunk. Can we call it cliche by now to use drunkenness as an excuse for suspect behaviour?
    <2:13PM> Votes Figgy. Because analysis isn't "on point" and I "voted people who mostly turned up green." Just to clarify, that's 1 person. l3lasphemer69.

I'm wary to look too deeply into anything on Day 1, but a last minute vote change that ends up doing basically nothing seems like an attempt to muddy the waters and confuse records. Day 2, his vote on the INANTP isn't much in itself, since 98% of the game voted the same, but it was weird that it was void of discussion at all. Then, he suddenly claims he's going to die that night, right after vote close. How did he find this out? Clearly, it wasn't anything in the thread. Zero votes against him, but he was talking with INANTP that day in private (see his comment Day 3). Why the sudden fear 10 hours later. He knew INANTP was mafia all day long.

Then, Day 3 is just weird. Another vote for someone random and inconsequential, barely any context given. Here's a vote, that's it. Says he is going to epic reveal that night, votes for dumpshock in another context-less post, and then says the network told him not to reveal. So, he's likely in contact with the network. If he wasn't, kime could have easily stepped forward and said "Nope, we didn't say that. Who are you?" And I'm sure he would have, except Kime was inactive from that point on that day. Then we see four single word vote posts in an hour and a half. From Dump to Roman>Langly>Baidol and back to Dump. Makes a post after close that Dump was supposed to hit Baidol, so now we know Dump and Baidol have been talking. Same network he mentioned previously maybe?

Day 4 he votes Dump again. Claims he was drunk the night before, but it looked like he was talking it up both in the thread and via private messages. Posting from after dinnerish up until vote close. I don't know what timezone he's in, but that doesn't sound like "I got home drunk" behaviour to me. Then, votes for me, finally some context. I've already said what I think of that.

So, it sounds like corv is a part of a network. Kime has had ample opportunity to come forward and say Corv is lying about being in contact with the network. But based on the "He hit me, he was supposed to hit him, I got hit" stuff that has been flying around the past couple nights, I think this "Network" needs to reexamine who is calling the shots over there. Who of you is confirmed by a Seer? Who has been calling the hits? Someone seems to be lying over there. For now, I'm going with what seems the most obvious: corvidae.

I anyone has any insight to this, I'd love to hear it. Or if the network has corv confirmed as good, I'd love to hear that too. All I have to go on right now is what I'm seeing in the thread, and what corv has been putting forth has me scratching my head.

• Options

Yeah, I meant Obi. :P What I'm trying to say is: Obi supposedly convinced you to switch off of Dump onto Blasphemer, and you threatened it would be "his head" if DumpShock doesn't turn out to be good. Well, we don't know about Dump or Obi yet, but Blasphemer died green, and you haven't said word one against either Dump or Obi today, when I would expect you to be pretty annoyed with/suspicious of them. Instead, you've voted for Figgy, who seems generally pretty helpful.

Seems a little odd to me and I'd be interested to hear your explanation.

The only reason I switched to blashphemer was because he was first, the whole argument around vote close being about avoiding a tie. I wasn't making a value judgement about him either way. Now when either dump or obi come up non-village, that's what I was talking about "it being on his head" for

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    @Figgy, just saying your analysis is off. Watch the mafia pile on my train.

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Phew, rough day but over and woooooo weekend!!!

Looks like I've got a little catching up to do, on the surface it looks like very little direction and a lot of finger pointing and such.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    Well, then we'll have quite a bit to go on. It's better than just sitting back and flailing around, which is what I feel happened last night. I also think 4/5ths of this game is happening in PMs, based on fairly quiet days followed by reveals and accusations right at vote close. So I'm just going with what tools I have available to me. I kind of wish more people would do the same instead of staying super duper quiet.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Guys, Figgy's analysis is insanely solid almost 100% of the time.

Sorry corvidae

Your day one and day three look super fishy

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I am interested in what color corvidae bleeds.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    I work in 45 minutes, so I'm off. I can duck out periodically tonight and check in, but I won't be home until well after vote close (I'm pretty sure. Depends how busy it is). I'll keep checking in for new info.

• Options
    Get well @Assuran! Way to get your wife to let us know! :P

Steam
  • Options
    So what I've learned today is that Alegis is hilarious (lies, I already KNEW that!) and that the corv/figgy argument... I liked Figgy's reasoning to some extent (the vote switching, ugh) but at the same time I agree with Spoit that he's also coming across as very defensive. Something in all of that stinks.

Instead I'll continue on my low poster trend with T_A. It's kinda funny that Smoove and I feel the same way about T_A, back when I first started playing phalla I thought he posted a lot, but these days I rarely notice him posting. Either way, worth a vote.

Steam
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I think Nirya is suspicious as all hell.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Spoit usually has a pretty good read on things. Something is not right about Figgy
    One thing mafia like to do is respond aggressively to a relatively minor amount of votes. Everyone does vote inevitably vote for people who are green in Phalla, but everyone knows that too. No need to go on about it.

Also, you mention wanting to live. I understand wanting to live, but its better to die having helped the village with your analysis then to live and lose. Unless your role says survival you win if your team wins. Although if you are mafia, you kind of need to keep up your numbers to outnumber the village faster.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀