Options

Breath of [Phalla] III - Final Day - Teepo's World (Cultist Victory)

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    How are you being transparent? You made a radical hyperbolic post for thinking a second person on a wagon on me (whom is the only person who's role I know FOR CERTAIN). I'm not being blinded by anything, as you continue to post I'm not feeling any better about your position.

Figgy was the person I was more interested in today based on his vote for me, but you continue to tingle my radar. Figgy is hard to read as mafia because he only needs to provide the same kind of analysis he did before and seem very helpful as long as no solid evidence he notes points to all the mafia.

My vote for you is based on your behaviour all game (excluding day 2, which I'm currently considering a total wash for analysis). You and roman have been at each other's throats, and I'm interested in seeing which one of you is going to turn up red. You haven't been terribly active, and barring your posts today, you've been right on par with those hiding at the bottom of the activity list.

That said, Roman's sudden pull away from you leads me to believe he might have been informed you're on the up and up. I can't see Roman having a hard on for you all game only to suddenly say, "Well, you're arguing back with me. You must be a good guy." Seems like a shallow reason to back off.

However, pointing to me simply because I cast a single vote on you based on my suspicion of your posting and activity? That's odd for you. One of my strategies is often to throw suspicion at someone and see how they react. You've reacted... poorly. It's barely noon, you've got 3 votes on you, but you're acting like you've got to derail the world's biggest bandwagon.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    TA is actually not very active, usually.

Maybe the avatar just sticks out in my mind (I find it...unsettling), so I thought he was generally more active.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    How are you being transparent? You made a radical hyperbolic post for thinking a second person on a wagon on me (whom is the only person who's role I know FOR CERTAIN). I'm not being blinded by anything, as you continue to post I'm not feeling any better about your position.

Figgy was the person I was more interested in today based on his vote for me, but you continue to tingle my radar. Figgy is hard to read as mafia because he only needs to provide the same kind of analysis he did before and seem very helpful as long as no solid evidence he notes points to all the mafia.

My vote for you is based on your behaviour all game (excluding day 2, which I'm currently considering a total wash for analysis). You and roman have been at each other's throats, and I'm interested in seeing which one of you is going to turn up red. You haven't been terribly active, and barring your posts today, you've been right on par with those hiding at the bottom of the activity list.

That said, Roman's sudden pull away from you leads me to believe he might have been informed you're on the up and up. I can't see Roman having a hard on for you all game only to suddenly say, "Well, you're arguing back with me. You must be a good guy." Seems like a shallow reason to back off.

However, pointing to me simply because I cast a single vote on you based on my suspicion of your posting and activity? That's odd for you. One of my strategies is often to throw suspicion at someone and see how they react. You've reacted... poorly. It's barely noon, you've got 3 votes on you, but you're acting like you've got to derail the world's biggest bandwagon.

You're newish so perhaps this is understandable, but shit like this happens all the time and often seems to gravitate towards me. More often than not, its two villagers involved. I'm starting to lean towards that being the case. No one informed me of anything, I just think people are assuming i'm a lot more invested in this than i am.

As far as why i'm starting to become wary of you; In situations like this, the best move for mafia is to just ride one wagon and waste the vote which is arguably what you're doing. Going from voting with tons of analysis to sheeping is odd.

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

You're newish so perhaps this is understandable, but shit like this happens all the time and often seems to gravitate towards me. More often than not, its two villagers involved. I'm starting to lean towards that being the case. No one informed me of anything, I just think people are assuming i'm a lot more invested in this than i am.

As far as why i'm starting to become wary of you; In situations like this, the best move for mafia is to just ride one wagon and waste the vote which is arguably what you're doing. Going from voting with tons of analysis to sheeping is odd.

Quoted for Emphasis me being bad at forums.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    T_A was once my mason partner and never spoke to me, so

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options

I hardly call myself a sheep at this point. But I'm doing my taxes now. I'll be back with more later.

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Taxes high-five!

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I ended up owing 2k because my AWESOME payroll people never updated my tax filing status and exemptions.
    It's my fault too for not noticing until it was too late, but c'mon, people. I sent you the form via fax, inter-departmental mail, and e-mail. You'd think at least one of those would actually make it where it was supposed to go.

Guess I'll have to wait and replace the windows on our house until next year.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    I feel weird actually owing money on taxes this year. Then I look at what I earned and go "Holy crap, I'm closer to being middle class than I thought"

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular

I hardly call myself a sheep at this point. But I'm doing my taxes now. I'll be back with more later.

I don't care for this from Figgy at all. You usually have such long and thought out posts involving your votes and reasoning behind them.

I saw you vote for me and say you would explain tomorrow (today). I've not seen said explanation.

I'm not defending myself like I'm at the forefront, what I'm doing is trying to correct misconceptions before it gets any worse. Roman clearly thinks (or thought) I was mafia and explained a reason for his thoughts. We argued over it; any person who is telling a larger group what I am saying and is wrong, I will correct. This is not Phalla based, it's not internet based. I don't like being misrepresented or having words put in my mouth so I defend it vehemently.

I'm curious to see what Figgy has to say, because if I were mafia, I'd be laying low and waiting for other votes to crop up; definitely not drawing more attention to myself.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular

I don't care for this from Figgy at all. You usually have such long and thought out posts involving your votes and reasoning behind them.

I saw you vote for me and say you would explain tomorrow (today). I've not seen said explanation.

I'm not defending myself like I'm at the forefront, what I'm doing is trying to correct misconceptions before it gets any worse. Roman clearly thinks (or thought) I was mafia and explained a reason for his thoughts. We argued over it; any person who is telling a larger group what I am saying and is wrong, I will correct. This is not Phalla based, it's not internet based. I don't like being misrepresented or having words put in my mouth so I defend it vehemently.

I'm curious to see what Figgy has to say, because if I were mafia, I'd be laying low and waiting for other votes to crop up; definitely not drawing more attention to myself.

You have swayed me for the moment good sir. In your place I shall offer up cj iwakura for random voting on day 3 and general lay low mafia behavior!

• Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Looking through everything Im going to screw up a vote post...

Mr. Mojo Risin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lets try that again T_A

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012

I did post my reasoning. I've been wary of you all game because of your back and forth with Roman.

And I don't think I've been laying low at all. I'm at the top of the activity chart, I'm posting analysis all the time etc. I am a bit more wary this time than the last few games because it seems I get offed pretty quickly if I get too involved. For example, I was day 1'd in the sportz phalla.

Edit: And in case you were wondering, I only owe just over $200 this year in taxes. I'm a happy camper!

Figgy on
  • Options
    DumpShockDumpShock Does everyone? Registered User regular
    @kime
    Could you send me a PM. The forums seem to be letting me reply to messages but not create new conversations.

• Options
    Aaand I forgot to include my reasoning for my vote, he has contributed a grand total of two posts that weren't votes and the votes were a throwaway on phyphor a last minute jump on the INANTP wagon which yeah I guess maybe isnt that damning and was part of the random push on dumpshock at the end of the day yesterday. Not sure there is much there but its the best I have for right now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Unrelated to the game at hand but this thread is followed by most players right now:

I made a post going over the Blarnfidel games briefly. I get a lot of questions about them and so I recommend you take a look at that, instead of me answering the basics over and over.

If you have any questions on them though feel free to ask/PM me.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Anialos wrote: »
    You have swayed me for the moment good sir. In your place I shall offer up cj iwakura for random voting on day 3 and general lay low mafia behavior!

So polite. I concur with getting some majorly inactive players to the forefront. No need to vote him off for it today, but hopefully we can get people in here talking. T_A is actually the worst offender, barely posting enough to avoid inactivus. @Baidol says T_A is usually this quiet, but he had 20 posts in the TMNT phalla compared to a mere 7 in this one. He was a good guy in the TMNT mini.

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    @Figgy my mistake for the way that last sentence reads; the intent is to say that if I were mafia (REG Rysk) then I would be laying low. Not implying that you are.

I can see how you got there.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Dump are you trying on mobile? The new thread button on the mobile app transitions to new message button in pm

• Options
    @Figgy my mistake for the way that last sentence reads; the intent is to say that if I were mafia (REG Rysk) then I would be laying low. Not implying that you are.

I can see how you got there.

Ah okay. Still, my point stands that I'm trying to be just as helpful as I can be without drawing too much attention to myself and getting offed. Which is exactly what happened on Day 1 in the sportz phalla. And I was kicking myself for it from then on.

I then decided I would do the all my analysis in private, only sharing choice bits to spark discussion. But I opted against that and have been trying to find a healthy balance between the two approaches.

• Options
    Aaand I forgot to include my reasoning for my vote, he has contributed a grand total of two posts that weren't votes and the votes were a throwaway on phyphor a last minute jump on the INANTP wagon which yeah I guess maybe isnt that damning and was part of the random push on dumpshock at the end of the day yesterday. Not sure there is much there but its the best I have for right now.

Not that there aren't a dozen people who are guilty of this, yourself included, Mojo. Right?

I'm always wary of pots calling kettles black in this game. But an inactive calling out another inactive for being.. inactive.. seems far too silly of a move to be mafia. You can't be that careless, can you?

• Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    I'm always wary of pots calling kettles black in this game. But an inactive calling out another inactive for being.. inactive.. seems far too silly of a move to be mafia. You can't be that careless, can you?

MrT does this when he is mafia. I've used it to catch him a time or two.

• Options
    Im aware I have a terrible post count and it sounds bad to call out another inactive but Im at least trying to offer reasons for my votes at this point which is the bigger reason behind the vote.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DumpShockDumpShock Does everyone? Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Dump are you trying on mobile? The new thread button on the mobile app transitions to new message button in pm

It's actual my desktop but Thank You! I got a PM off using my moble thanks to your advise.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    If there is a player named Nina who has not told me that, now is your time.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    withdraw from phalla due to hostiptal, wife posting might be doing this wrong. [/b][color]

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Hope everyone is okay @Assuran

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    I could just stroll along and follow the vote but I wouldn't be doing you guys a favor with that

and I cant really muster much enthusiasm at the moment for analysis sorry. Withdraw

still having doubts because I think you would like emotional drunklegis posting in 9 hours

• Options
    Actually cancel that. I'll do analysis when I get back and if I don't inactivus will take me

this sounds like a terrible bad genious plan

• Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    I think figgy's analysis hasn't been on point this time around. Granted I understand what he said about getting grudge killed, but hey.

Also his votes have been mostly on ppl who turned up green.

• Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Hope it's nothing too serious, Assuran.

Alegis definitely do drunk analysis when you're back. It's the best move.

Tayrun on
  • Options
    I was still on page 26 while posting my stuff, didn't see this last page until now. What I wrote had absolutely no relation to assuran's post. Hope you're okay Assuran.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    @assuran, hope everything is ok!

• Options
    Alegis if you're reading this is yourself from the past.

maybe start reading here. It's the new stuff of the day.

if you think you can manage, start here from the bottom.

yes she's a bitch i know. Check the reasonings people post and find the mafias. You can do this.
    there's 2 liters of water next to your bed drink it you worthless sack of potatoes

• Options
    Hahaha, Alegis, priceless.

@Assuran get better, whatever the deal!

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Be well, @Assuran.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Best wishes @Assuran hope it's nothing serious and that you have a speedy recovery!

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    it is a rare phalla player who thinks, on the way to the hospital, "honey, make sure you get the bbcode right on my withdrawal post. dark orange, don't forgettttttt"

that is awesome.

get better assuran!

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Shit now I feel bad.

@Assuran is probably still totes mafia but I feel bad anyway.

Get better!