Options

League of Legends: This is apparently the NOT buggy version of the patch.

• Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    Jookie wrote: »
    Supports might need a different metric though.

Not every job is equal. In fantasy football you take your WRs and RBs first because they net you a ton of points and you take kickers last because they don't and they don't really matter (since most kickers do about average and it's impossible to determine which kicker will do best).

Supports are fantasy LoL kickers.

EXACTLY. The metric should be universal. Thats half the fun of fantasy drafts, mad scrambles for your Adrian Petersons and yoyr michael vicks, abd then filling in the gaps with what's left.

Maybe the 1st and 2nd round is all high elo dudes that play ad/ap carries exclusivley. Then what? Do you take a risk on a guardsman bob type who can play every role, but might get shoehorned into playing a support week by week? But maybe he gets shyv two weeks in a row and just dunks on people winning the league for you. THATS THE EXCITEMENT.

A basic metric would be 3 points for a kill, -2 points for a death, and one point for an assist.

Now, you can have carries that crazy dunk for like a 14/0/3 which is a nuts 45 points. But thats in a win. A loss can be something like 7/7/4, which is only 11. Menwhile a support usually always has a ridiculous assist count, with a low dearh count, proving a steady stream of points, ala kickers.

Can we actually make it work if we do a draft? That seems like a daunting task. I would think that a simple pool of all the people with their chosen champ (only one person can have one champ? that was my understanding) might work better. Then everyone can choose the champs/summoner they want in a given role each week. Are teams randomized for actual play then?

This sounds extremely confusing no matter how it's organised, but I'm in as a player.. Dibs on Olaf.

Sampsen on
    Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    HEY GUISE THE NEW PATCH HAS BUGS :3

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    How soon before we get trading cards and team switching drama?

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Run Away Bride Mundo

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2026468

Stands up who he pleases.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Kickers aren't players get the fuck out.
    pic01.jpg

That's a kicker.
    zerg rush wrote: »
    Priest wrote: »
    so elementz revamped his much-loathed tier list

http://www.reignofgaming.net/tier-lists/draft-tier-list/ability-power-champions/20076-ap-carry-tier-list

see how far you can get into it before going "what the fuck, why is (champion) there?"

i made it to galio at the #4 slot

Considering it's been so long, I imagine it's mostly a troll post to fuck with people, and the other half of it because he genuinely just doesn't know/give a shit.

People can quibble about some of them, but it seems pretty right by broad strokes. I mean, Brand/Xerath/Orianna deserve to be higher and some champs deserve lower, but it's mostly right.

Ryze and Cass are the king and queen of AP carries with their sustained damage. Galio and Morg are the prince and princess by virtue of winning teamfights with their AOE ults and inability to be pushed out of lane. The rest of the top 10 belong there as either super safe (Ahri & Kennen), able to play top lane (Vlad & Rumble), or super impactful (Karthus & Anivia). Nearly everyone below them is either specialized for a specific role, easily counterable, or straight up bad.

It's actually one of the best tier lists he's put out in a long time.
    I don't know if I agree with the list. Ryze has alot of issues right now IMO against the longer ranged AP mids. Ahri, for example, ruins him.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    http://solomid.net/livestream.php?s=1533

Pretty choppy but Curse vs CLG NA

Crumbzz is jungling Lulu?

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    pic01.jpg

That's a kicker.

http://www.reignofgaming.net/tier-lists/draft-tier-list/ability-power-champions/20076-ap-carry-tier-list

see how far you can get into it before going "what the fuck, why is (champion) there?"

Considering it's been so long, I imagine it's mostly a troll post to fuck with people, and the other half of it because he genuinely just doesn't know/give a shit.

People can quibble about some of them, but it seems pretty right by broad strokes. I mean, Brand/Xerath/Orianna deserve to be higher and some champs deserve lower, but it's mostly right.

Ryze and Cass are the king and queen of AP carries with their sustained damage. Galio and Morg are the prince and princess by virtue of winning teamfights with their AOE ults and inability to be pushed out of lane. The rest of the top 10 belong there as either super safe (Ahri & Kennen), able to play top lane (Vlad & Rumble), or super impactful (Karthus & Anivia). Nearly everyone below them is either specialized for a specific role, easily counterable, or straight up bad.

I don't know if I agree with the list. Ryze has alot of issues right now IMO against the longer ranged AP mids. Ahri, for example, ruins him.

Ryze can poke with Q and if he stays behind or among minions he won't eat charm.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    pic01.jpg

That's a kicker.

Ryze can poke with Q and if he stays behind or among minions he won't eat charm.

...I use Ryze to counter Ahri, since he can root her in place to prevent her from dashing/flashing. And he has longer harass with his Q.

Ryze is generally weak to people with silence/stun or that push the lane really well and can force him to last hit under turret.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    pic01.jpg

That's a kicker.

...I use Ryze to counter Ahri, since he can root her in place to prevent her from dashing/flashing. And he has longer harass with his Q.

Ryze is generally weak to people with silence/stun or that push the lane really well and can force him to last hit under turret.

Yeah Kass is such a pain in the ass for me.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    TannerMS wrote: »
    http://solomid.net/livestream.php?s=1533

Pretty choppy but Curse vs CLG NA

Crumbzz is jungling Lulu?

They were talking about Hotshots's top Swain, can anyone remember seeing him win top with Swain, ever?

CLG team global. This should be fun.

MrGrimoire on
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    oh shit

chauster is playing AD again

• Options
    A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    If the game ever starts....

Take 4

Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • Options
    ZyrxilZyrxil Registered User regular
    This is not the buggiest of all possible LoL builds...but it's very hard not to believe it is. Bravo on the hotfix that caused more problems than it fixed, Riot.

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    lose a point for every cs on the support

Support should take every CS the carry doesn't, which should be some number >0 in pretty much every hypothetical game. If it is safe to stay in lane and soak gold/exp while the carry buys, well, you fucking do it. And hell, sometimes I grab a half dozen CS to hit an important item tier. 10 gold on a carry is better on AD than support (nerf like the top 50% of AD carries, seriously), but 100 gold is better on support than 10 on a carry, and that is the difference between getting a philo earlier or not.

Besides, you need the right items at the right times as a support. I don't do bullshit farm lanes, I do exciting, aggressive lanes, and that means you need another ward at a specific time, or boots at a specific time, or a Shurylai's at a specific time, etc.

programjunkie on
  • Options
    this stream is a fucking powerpoint presentation

can't even watch it

• Options
    Sorry to whoever Smaug6 is for rushing out, I did something stupid and I'm now sitting in emergency because of it.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    So, im not sure how to put this, so i will attempt to be direct. fyi, my user is Brightwing13

I'm sorry.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    Arivia wrote: »
    Sorry to whoever Smaug6 is for rushing out, I did something stupid and I'm now sitting in emergency because of it.

stop dying, rivs

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Man, and people say Xin Zhao is terrible.
    1U9te.jpg
    But seriously he is terrible.

• Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    1U9te.jpg

Man, that Nautilus tp to bot lane at level 5 was bullshit. Then continuous TF ults and Skarner running around with boots 5. Blegh, I did not have a fun laning phase there.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    pic01.jpg

That's a kicker.

Charm isn't the issue. Ahri has enough range on Q to poke/harass safely without him being able to do anything. That and she also pushes the wave down his throat.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    1U9te.jpg

i was gonna make some snarky comment about how he is terrible

but then i read your second spoiler

this post is useless

• Options
    edited April 2012

stop dying, rivs

Luckily it is categorically impossible for me to die of this

Like if I died due to this it would be an Adam Sandler punch line or something.

Edit: it was so categorically not-bad I thought nothing of just walking half an hour to Emergency.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    1U9te.jpg

Man, this is what I miss when I go somewhere?

Never gonna leave my house again, just lolling for days.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    i wonder if riot's intentions with the dorans nerf was to keep people from buying dorans at all

people are just rushing straight to iedge again like it's summer 2011 or something

interrobang on
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular

Yeah no worries. Hope everything is fine.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    i wonder if riot's intentions with the dorans nerf was to keep people from buying dorans at all

people are just rushing straight to iedge again like it's summer 2011 or something

They should just make them unique like prospector's gear if they're intent to keep nerfing them.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I think now I'll probably just pick up one, and then save for my first real item

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Forgot how dirty jungle Riven can be

201204202146PerfectWin.jpg

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    1U9te.jpg

Nerf ChoasHat.

or maybe...turn him into an OrderSombrero or something.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular

The same elementz who was removed from CLG because he played like shit?

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    The Ender wrote: »

The same elementz who was removed from CLG because he played like shit?

8->

• Options
    Well? He did not play well in the Grand Finals, got cut, and I'm not even sure where we saw him last. Was he at Hannover?

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    no i was making that face cause it's exactly the same elementz you're talking about haha

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Oh, okay.

I don't know why anyone would care about his list at this point, since he has no credibility and his visibility in the tournament scene is limited at best. According to Google he's on Team Curse, and it would be generous to say their performances have been very poor.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    There is something super satisfying about bitching at your support lux not to take the farm on bottom, while you two race there, and then getting a shroom kill as AP Teemo.

It made me shiver.

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Jungle Nunu is so fucking good because he can counterjungle buffs like a madman. He just can't carry terrible players to the finish line.

I love jungle Nunu soooo much. Definitely not something to play with pubs though.

• Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The Ender wrote: »
    Oh, okay.

I don't know why anyone would care about his list at this point, since he has no credibility and his visibility in the tournament scene is limited at best. According to Google he's on Team Curse, and it would be generous to say their performances have been very poor.

Don't let me spoil the hate train

but Curse 2-0ed CLG NA today in an online tournament match

and even if you were on the worst team on the offline tournament circuit, you'd still be better than 99.99% of players

TannerMS on
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    Ah yes, the LoL love train has switched to the hate track. A time honored tradition!

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    Whatever. He puts-up a character ratings list, with nothing to support his subjective rankings aside from his authority as an eSports competitor, and his authority is not credible. He does not win tournament purses on a regular basis.

If it were, say, M5 offering a champion list, okay, then we'd be talking.

With Love and Courage
This discussion has been closed.