As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League of Legends: This is apparently the NOT buggy version of the patch.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I am real uphappy about the way things turned out.

That is a team that we consistently beat whenever we run into them. OP champs or not.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Campion wrote: »
    Zyrxil wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Zilean only has one move pre-6 that supports.

:3

he is never played as a 0cs support though

I literally just played with a 0cs Zilean as my support an hour ago. He's for long range zoning, and the slow/speed boost aren't bad for helping ganks.

well that's really suboptimal!
    Don't you play Karma, Gary??

yeah as a solo laner when my team has lots of melee and cc already :)

• Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    "I'm not jungling"
    "Then... why are you locked into gp with smite?"
    "...FINE, jeez"

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    My summoner spells are always promote and smite so that I can push my lane as far as possible.

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    hmm, cdr blues or mres blues on supports?

@whyther surge would probably do more than smite for most characters in that case

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    yeah but with smite I don't need to worry about last hitting (which is for chumps).

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So the trick to playing Hecarim is apparently "give no fucks." God he's so fun to play, especially when you get some damage.

Had kinda a weird build. Boots & Pots opening, Wriggles, Philo (to be made into a Reverie later, helps *so* much with his mana problems), Ghostblade, a Maw, and a TF.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    yorick does not have a single counter in lane

There are people who can beat him 1-4 (Shen) and people who can beat him 5+ (Udyr), but I haven't met anyone who straight up counters him. HP5 quint, 21 defense, teleport Shyvana can push the lane into the turret, back, and repeat for the first few levels until she gets the sustain to never leave lane, but she can't really kill Yorick.

Unless you're talking about Dominion, at which point lolyorick.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I've come to accept that Talith's suggested build for Hecarim is really good. Boots + Pots, then ghostblade (I just sit on the brutalizer and avarice for a bit for the extra gold), Then zeal and glacial shroud. Finish ghostblade and triforce. Win game. If it goes longer gunblade has been fun or some more MR. He doesn't seem to need much health, which is really nice.

As cool as his passive sounds, it really isn't something worth trying to build for exclusively, at least in my opinion. I haven't decided on my favorite skill order but maxing out W first seems to have the best results.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Jars wrote: »
    yorick does not have a single counter in lane

There are people who can beat him 1-4 (Shen) and people who can beat him 5+ (Udyr), but I haven't met anyone who straight up counters him. HP5 quint, 21 defense, teleport Shyvana can push the lane into the turret, back, and repeat for the first few levels until she gets the sustain to never leave lane, but she can't really kill Yorick.

Unless you're talking about Dominion, at which point lolyorick.

Shen is a deceptive counter. First 3 levels or so, yeah. But unless Shen actually manages to buy MR fast (which hurts his damage), Yorick with a Tear can force Shen to farm at his turret. I've been doing plenty of Yorick lately and the only real counter I've had to deal with are Galio and Malz but that's only happened a couple of times. Shyvana breaks even with Yorick from my experience.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I still say that Nasus 'counters' Yorick. Yorick can't push Nasus out of lane unless he ults, so it's pretty much a farmfest, which Nasus always wins.

Edit: Also, ChoGath says "Lol, Yorick". Just does not care about his ghouls.

Sampsen on
    Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    Campion wrote: »
    Zyrxil wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Zilean only has one move pre-6 that supports.

:3

he is never played as a 0cs support though

I literally just played with a 0cs Zilean as my support an hour ago. He's for long range zoning, and the slow/speed boost aren't bad for helping ganks.

well that's really suboptimal!
    Don't you play Karma, Gary??

yeah as a solo laner when my team has lots of melee and cc already :)

Maybe there's a more optimal champion who'd fit that ;)

4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Sampsen wrote: »
    I still say that Nasus 'counters' Yorick. Yorick can't push Nasus out of lane unless he ults, so it's pretty much a farmfest, which Nasus always wins.

Edit: Also, ChoGath says "Lol, Yorick". Just does not care about his ghouls.

I hear Trynd does well against yorick as well but haven't seen it myself.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    trundle holds up pretty well against yorick too

every ghost death procs his passive

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Nasus beats Yorick the same way Ryze beats Morgana; you're a carry and they can't keep you from farming. You can't, however, force them out of lane or kill them without help.

Shen powerleveling W doesn't lose trades until Yorick gets a Manamune, at which point Yorick takes your tower the moment Shen steps out of lane.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    have you actually tried? because I have and trundle passive doesn't do shit against yorick. neither does cho's because it's impossible to last hit the ghouls since they go from 100 hp to dead. the only champ I have any luck on against him is nidalee because she is ranged with sustain. and that's not beating him, it's just being able to farm.

Jars on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    That is hilarious.

Edit: i top'd ww vs yorick and was able to last hit ghouls. I know because i was proc'ing TF's passive on them.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I managed to do okay against Yorick as Janna.

Tornadoes straight down the center, Shield ghouls and feed him Zephyr. She can eventually take his turret, especially if he doesn't run Teleport. The crucial thing to that matchup for her is running his lifesteal ghouls away so he can't sustain. Save ult for escaping ganks or possibly for sustain.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Yeah Cho and Trundle get wrecked by Yorick. The heal is miniscule to the damage Yorick will do.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    Arikado wrote: »
    Yeah Cho and Trundle get wrecked by Yorick. The heal is miniscule to the damage Yorick will do.

I've done Cho against Yorick a couple times and it's gone really, really well for me. Maybe they were just bad Yoricks though

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    IgelIgel Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I present for your amusement: No smite jungle Teemo

gVMZD.jpg

It was an odd game.

Igel on
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Trynd can last hit yorick ghosts quite well, for sweet, delicious rage.

• Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    I actually had someone complain that I was support Janna o.0

qFN53.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    but really there simply isn't a champion that you can say "yeah this guy farms yorick like carrots" like how swain turned vlad into bird feed back when vlad was picked in every game and you end up with a 70% win rate on swain by killing vlads all day

• Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Arivia wrote: »

I think this mainly depends on if you play a tankier support or not. But, a lot of times you won't go up against much AP bot. I have MR on naut, mainly because finishing my boots takes a good bit of time usually. That and I go really tanky support.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    yorick is an actual reason i'd consider not playing this game again

19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Arivia wrote: »

I think this mainly depends on if you play a tankier support or not. But, a lot of times you won't go up against much AP bot. I have MR on naut, mainly because finishing my boots takes a good bit of time usually. That and I go really tanky support.
    Depends on the support.

Sona is spammy as hell, so I run mp5 yellows and blues. Blitz also has early mana problems (although they buffed his grab costs recently, so that helps), so same there.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    nealcm wrote: »

Good thing he's still rather uncommon.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Last night in ranked, I have no clue what was going on but I was that guy. 1/6/2 brand mid. Skarner jungler/veiger mid even with wards was too strong. May as well have never bought wards.

Been drinking tonight so wonder if I can top that awfulness.

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Wow. You all must be the worst drunks ever. When I have a few drinks, I couldn't be happier! I normally wake up the next day with visions of grandeur fun the previous night, only to discover my match history says the last 10 games were losses.
    Pfft, but they were the best 10 losses ever!
    Going from a state of disgruntled, to a state of inebriated disgruntled is the worst. Kinda defeats the point, doesn't it?

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    Strange things happen in 3 AM dominion games. Such as AP/on hit alistar.

1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    nealcm wrote: »

Good thing he's still rather uncommon.

He and Urgot are basically in the same boat.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    MukkMukk Registered User regular
    But Urgot is pretty common these days...

• Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Swain is real fun you guys

but not against ryze. maybe he is early on but i failed hard minutes in
    and im bad at teamfighting with him

TIFunkalicious on
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Ryze vs Swain is actually somewhat in Swain's favour from 1-3. 4-5 is Ryze, 6 Swain can beat him so long as there are minions around. Once Ryze grabs his MR cloak though, he's fine pretty much!

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    also kayle ult was RUINING my day

when all your damage is DoT the shield not only robs you of a kill and gives them 2 seconds of free action, you usually can't kill them when they come out for even longer because your abilities are still on CD. got to the point that she was ulting any squishy that had my e and q on them before they were even below half because it effectively shielded 3 sources of damage that would have killed them

TIFunkalicious on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    The moar you know: if you have vision on an enemy's corpse, you can see stuff they're buying while dead.

• Options
    ZeroZedZeroZeroZedZero Registered User regular
    Now streaming duo-queue ranked with Anzekay. http://www.own3d.tv/live/246159

steam_sig.png
    Come watch me on my stream : http://www.own3d.tv/ZeroZedZero
  • Options
    ZeroZedZeroZeroZedZero Registered User regular
    We'll just um, not mention the WW + Nasus raping me as Teemo up top, shall we?

steam_sig.png
    Come watch me on my stream : http://www.own3d.tv/ZeroZedZero
  • Options
    A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    I wonder how Galio would do against Yorik. Yorik's damage is mostly magic, right?

Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
This discussion has been closed.