Options

League of Legends: This is apparently the NOT buggy version of the patch.

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote: »
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    ugh, I hate getting queued into a team with a premade because it raises the bar that much more and there's nothing you can do about it

it's really just not fun

I never solo queue for normal draft, there's about a -5% chance of getting first pick, with a 5% margin of error. I just do ranked.

Yet every time I try inviting you to a duo ranked, it's "I have to take this phone call. Sorry. Don't wait up." or, "I'm in the shower. Can't play now. Don't wait up." and even, "My grandma just died. bbl. Don't wait up."
    I'd swear you were trying to tell me something, but I think I just have bad timing.

Don't forget "Sorry, friend just invited me out to glue honey badgers to our crotches." or "I've been quantum leaped to a dimension where queuing with you would result in me killing myself."

that's less quantum leap, more sliders

also after some empirical testing I think kayle is still utterly useless as a support

she does everything and nothing well

She's one a very small number of tops who can AD carry and win their lane against a decent number of standard tops. Her ult makes her super good at 1v1ing the enemy AD carry, her Q+W makes her almost Nunu-like in her ability to chase, and her E is super good at pushing and counter pushing.

http://www.twitch.tv/scarra/b/315402019

Skip to 3:17 (h:m) to see Kayle hard carry a game.

I'm not saying she's bad in general, just marginal as a support right now.

Oh, yeah. She has all of one support ability pre-six, and her level 6 ability isn't any more terribly useful for bottom lane than any of the normal supports.

I'd keep Kayle top or in the jungle.

Technically everything you just said applies to Janna too. :rotate:

Janna has a Slow, and Shield, and a Knock-up Pre 6. Every one of her abilities can be used to support. You also wouldn't want to send her Top really, however I do hear she is a mean jungler.

Kayle and Janna are about as apples and oranges and you can get really in terms of support.

TO BE FAIR if you're going to count janna's slow you should probably count kayle's slow too

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Zilean only has one move pre-6 that supports.

:3

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I got to around 2.4 AS with triple PDs on Kog'maw once. It was hilarious.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »

he is never played as a 0cs support though

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    ugh, I hate getting queued into a team with a premade because it raises the bar that much more and there's nothing you can do about it

it's really just not fun

I never solo queue for normal draft, there's about a -5% chance of getting first pick, with a 5% margin of error. I just do ranked.

Yet every time I try inviting you to a duo ranked, it's "I have to take this phone call. Sorry. Don't wait up." or, "I'm in the shower. Can't play now. Don't wait up." and even, "My grandma just died. bbl. Don't wait up."
    I'd swear you were trying to tell me something, but I think I just have bad timing.

Don't forget "Sorry, friend just invited me out to glue honey badgers to our crotches." or "I've been quantum leaped to a dimension where queuing with you would result in me killing myself."

that's less quantum leap, more sliders

also after some empirical testing I think kayle is still utterly useless as a support

she does everything and nothing well

She's one a very small number of tops who can AD carry and win their lane against a decent number of standard tops. Her ult makes her super good at 1v1ing the enemy AD carry, her Q+W makes her almost Nunu-like in her ability to chase, and her E is super good at pushing and counter pushing.

http://www.twitch.tv/scarra/b/315402019

Skip to 3:17 (h:m) to see Kayle hard carry a game.

I'm not saying she's bad in general, just marginal as a support right now.

Oh, yeah. She has all of one support ability pre-six, and her level 6 ability isn't any more terribly useful for bottom lane than any of the normal supports.

I'd keep Kayle top or in the jungle.

Technically everything you just said applies to Janna too. :rotate:

Janna has a Slow, and Shield, and a Knock-up Pre 6. Every one of her abilities can be used to support. You also wouldn't want to send her Top really, however I do hear she is a mean jungler.

Kayle and Janna are about as apples and oranges and you can get really in terms of support.

TO BE FAIR if you're going to count janna's slow you should probably count kayle's slow too

Fair enough.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Skippy is the worst drunken Zilean.

That is all.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    oh there is a legendary galio skin

• Options
    ZyrxilZyrxil Registered User regular

I literally just played with a 0cs Zilean as my support an hour ago. He's for long range zoning, and the slow/speed boost aren't bad for helping ganks.

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Yeah, Janna only has one heal/buff (e) and a bunch of cc, like Kayle. Her ult is also not technically very helpful for the carry, although I did pop it a few times yesterday to heal a REALLY foolhardy carry.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Zyrxil wrote: »

I literally just played with a 0cs Zilean as my support an hour ago. He's for long range zoning, and the slow/speed boost aren't bad for helping ganks.

well that's really suboptimal!

• Options
    Yeah, Janna only has one heal/buff (e) and a bunch of cc, like Kayle. Her ult is also not technically very helpful for the carry, although I did pop it a few times yesterday to heal a REALLY foolhardy carry.

It is less about the heal and more about the push. And that "bunch of CC" is what makes her an amazing support.

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options

It is less about the heal and more about the push. And that "bunch of CC" is what makes her an amazing support.

It is! But those same spells aren't directly support-spells, they could go on someone else and not directly be support-things. Unlike a heal, or a shield, or whatever.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options

It is! But those same spells aren't directly support-spells, they could go on someone else and not directly be support-things. Unlike a heal, or a shield, or whatever.

Your idea of a support spell is too narrow.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular

Your idea of a support spell is too narrow.

Janna ult has bullshit saved more carries than there are numbers to describe the phenomenon. I was so happy when they nerfed the pushback on that a touch.

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Janna has tornado poke to set up ganks and run away from ganks, a slow for the same utility, and a shield+damage buff pre-six. Janna's ult is more useful than Kayle's ult, I'd say, but I'd understand arguments for the other.

Kayle has a lower movespeed, less useful passive, no knock up, no damage buff for the carry (or at least, an infinitely less useful one), and can't harass without pushing the lane.

Also, Janna scales waaay better into the late game.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    I think you misunderstand what 'support' means.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    IME Zilean lanes tend to be able to take the enemy's tower pretty early due to being pushed due to bombs exploding on the backline (and getting incidental CS from that). With proper warding and his speed up, Zilean is very, very good at then taking CS deep in the enemy's territory and speeding away as necessary.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    i don't think taking bot tower real fast is always a good thing, though

you do get a lot of dragon/buff control out of it but in exchange you give the enemy carry free farm

• Options
    bleh

tired of incompetent premades

tired of supports who can't do anything then blame me for dying when I get zoned out so hard by the other team actually being competent

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

For skippy the speed buff helps him get closer to Alistar's Headbutt/Pulverize combo.

That was a seriously fun game though.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Fuck it. Gonna get drunk and do ranked all night long. What's the worst that could happen?

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Fuck it. Gonna get drunk and do ranked all night long. What's the worst that could happen?

You'll get my luck in games? I've either personally carried every game, or lost every game all fucking day. It's fucking miserable as fuck.

Honestly, I'm so fucking tired of not being carried. I'm the Atlas of LOL. The entire fucking world rests on my shoulders, and god forbid I grow weary for even a second.

• Options
    oh so you are playing with mooman?

• Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular

Don't you play Karma, Gary??

4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Dominate Dominion is now starting to run a Saturday night tournament. First place prize is $20 in RP, the double champion bundle for the next released champion, and the tournament Ryze skin. How they managed to pull that off is beyond me but I'm not complaining.

Right now they are going to stream the 3/4th place match and after that is the finals between my team and Team RealTerror who managed to knock out Sauron's team (who didn't actually get to assemble his team and had to grab whoever was available instead).

Stream is here.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Jars wrote: »
    oh so you are playing with mooman?

My god, my last mooman game... :-/

programjunkie on
  • Options
    Talith wrote: »
    Dominate Dominion is now starting to run a Saturday night tournament. First place prize is $20 in RP, the double champion bundle for the next released champion, and the tournament Ryze skin. How they managed to pull that off is beyond me but I'm not complaining.

Its not like this costs Riot anything. So long as the tournament has people in it and viewing there is pretty much no reason to not give RP etc as prizes.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    Campion wrote: »

Don't you play Karma, Gary??

oh

shit

19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    I should just play nocturne from now on

no one bans him and he's fucking ridiculous

• Options
    That was a stomp. Good Luck Talith

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    talith play nocturne

go prospector's ghostblade into ie

murder everyone

Jars on
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Allright, full tryhard mode.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    Good luck Talith!

Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    Thanks for all the responses on AS guys. Appreciate it, from what everyone seems to be saying though, I would imagine that AS runes aren't very worth it then? AD or crit seems like a better option.

• Options
    Enigma435Enigma435 Registered User regular
    Thanks for all the responses on AS guys. Appreciate it, from what everyone seems to be saying though, I would imagine that AS runes aren't very worth it then? AD or crit seems like a better option.

AS runes are core on a large number of jungling champs. Nobody really runs crit chance runes right now on most any champ. For most other ADs you want flat AD or Armor Pen.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I'm seriously considering running leviathan and/or SotO on Yorick. I just do so well with him. I dunno if people at my ELO just dont know how to handle him or what, but shit.

Edit: Also, fuck people who are fourth pick and pick a role already picked. Didn't happen to me, but its still a dick move.

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    yorick does not have a single counter in lane

• Options
    Raslin wrote: »
    I'm seriously considering running leviathan and/or SotO on Yorick. I just do so well with him. I dunno if people at my ELO just dont know how to handle him or what, but shit.

SOTO is fine for good games, Levi is shit always.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Talith :(

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    1) shoulda played nocturne

2) urgot

This discussion has been closed.