As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] PAX East 2013 Cosplay Thread

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Just got the mask for my Hotline Miami costume.

ibc6dt2B8gvpcV.png

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    APacManAPacMan Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Anyone interested in an Arkham Horror original cast cosplay?

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. -Robert Wilensky

Twitter: @APacManSays
  • Options
    JonnyRuckusJonnyRuckus Best in the World/Ghostbuster New HampshireRegistered User regular
    So this is my 4th year going, and again I'll be rocking it as a Ghostbuster with my team.

This-One.jpg

5525854117_26de190b15_b-438x600.jpg

Friday
    ghostbusters-732x600.jpg

Saturday
    7061398417_f0bab7b191_o-400x600.jpg

aaaaand for 2013
    IMG_3455_zps76af2244.jpg

• Options
    Starwind AmadaStarwind Amada Registered User new member
    edited February 2013
    Hey, kids. This is me the day before I left for Anime Boston 2011.

218150_562593677737_6606975_n.jpg

Starwind Amada on
  • Options
    Starwind AmadaStarwind Amada Registered User new member
    edited February 2013
    L

Starwind Amada on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Are you planning on Red Rangering for East 2013?

• Options
    thedandmomthedandmom Registered User regular
    Alright, I've decided on my costume design and I will be starting it once tax return gets in.
    articuno_zps161d2a83.jpg

linkbanner.jpg
  • Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    thedandmom wrote: »
    Alright, I've decided on my costume design
    That looks awesome!

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    XomasXomas Dork Windsor, CORegistered User regular
    Thought about dressing up this year, but I think I am going to pass again seeing how I will be at ComicCon Denver a few weeks later. To me, it gets a little hot in the exhibition hall and I wouldn't be able to do the things that I want because of people snapping pics or asking me questions. However, I am looking forward to seeing another panel on Cosplay to see other people's opinions on the matter.

Though if I change my mind, look for me dressed up in either some Steampunk-ish / Firefly looking costume that I made for Halloween or I have a N7 suit that I have been working on for a while. It needs a lot of work and I am being very lazy.

• Options
    XomasXomas Dork Windsor, CORegistered User regular
    Thought about dressing up this year, but I think I am going to pass again seeing how I will be at ComicCon Denver a few weeks later. To me, it gets a little hot in the exhibition hall and I wouldn't be able to do the things that I want because of people snapping pics or asking me questions. However, I am looking forward to seeing another panel on Cosplay to see other people's opinions on the matter.

Though if I change my mind, look for me dressed up in either some Steampunk-ish / Firefly looking costume that I made for Halloween or I have a N7 suit that I have been working on for a while. It needs a lot of work and I am being very lazy.

• Options
    JonnyRuckusJonnyRuckus Best in the World/Ghostbuster New HampshireRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ShilohShiloh Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    My lookouts ranger is almost completed, quite pleased at the progress I'm making this year, here are a few of my finished merit badges...C73FE28F-4BF2-4200-83CE-F3FD7160E261-3926-00000431CC240530.jpg
    1EBEC0C2-7B54-43A8-9ECD-3D9212D0E5B1-3926-00000431BB598F8C.jpg
    3DF5C616-545A-4E10-8B24-6B7B7922B164-3926-00000431C2F698A7.jpg
    EC285B22-5355-4B3D-8D05-7362B77C0ADE-3926-00000431A8AB6A1B.jpg

Shiloh on
    Be excellent to each other!
  • Options
    ArcadiaExeterArcadiaExeter Boston MARegistered User regular
    wow those are sick. nice to know im not the only one doing a lookouts costume.

7US7VWW.png
  • Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    So this is my 4th year going, and again I'll be rocking it as a Ghostbuster with my team.

This-One.jpg

5525854117_26de190b15_b-438x600.jpg

Friday
    ghostbusters-732x600.jpg

Saturday
    7061398417_f0bab7b191_o-400x600.jpg

aaaaand for 2013
    IMG_3455_zps76af2244.jpg

Looking forward to seen you guys again :D

Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    wow those are sick. nice to know im not the only one doing a lookouts costume.

not at all, I'm quite sure there should be quite a few Rangers in the mix this year! Can't wait to have this thing finished, and get the test pics done.

• Options
    SupervillianSupervillian Registered User regular
    Does anyone know of any photographers that are doing photoshoots at PAX?
    I would love some more info (email shelleyw13.at.gmail or message me here?)

• Options
    We generally don't encourage photographers to advertise their services here unless they are offering something that is entirely zero-profit.

• Options
    SupervillianSupervillian Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    We generally don't encourage photographers to advertise their services here unless they are offering something that is entirely zero-profit.

Ah, that is good to know.
    I'm curious though; why is that?

• Options
    edited February 2013
    zerzhul wrote: »

Ah, that is good to know.
    I'm curious though; why is that?

Because there is a strict forum policy against self advertising. If you have any more questions about forum policy, please PM me :)

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/rules

zerzhul on
  • Options
    thedandmomthedandmom Registered User regular
    Tax return get's deposited in the next day or two. Should be starting in on my costume once it gets here.

linkbanner.jpg
  • Options
    DeathBruzerDeathBruzer Charlestown, MARegistered User regular
    I'll be doing a mini PS All Stars group with a couple of my friends. I'm bringing back my good Cole MacGrath cosplay from last year, one of my buds is going as Nathan Drake and the other as new Dante.

"‎I don't know if you've ever let someone down, got your ass kicked or straight up failed. But those are the moments that define us. They push you further than you've ever thought possible, and force you to make choices. No matter what the cost."
    — Cole MacGrath, as he and his allies made their way to New Marais.
  • Options
    ArcanicEightArcanicEight Registered User regular
    I'll be doing a mini PS All Stars group with a couple of my friends. I'm bringing back my good Cole MacGrath cosplay from last year, one of my buds is going as Nathan Drake and the other as new Dante.

If I could, I'd totally try to make a humanized Sly Cooper.

• Options

Oh man that'd look cool.

"‎I don't know if you've ever let someone down, got your ass kicked or straight up failed. But those are the moments that define us. They push you further than you've ever thought possible, and force you to make choices. No matter what the cost."
  • Options
    satyr16satyr16 Registered User regular

Oh man that'd look cool.

I have a friend that wants to go as Sweet Tooth. And if I could I'd do it up.

• Options
    ValdataValdata Registered User regular
    My friend and I are doing Leah and Female Barbarian from Diablo III. We will also be doing Splicers with another friend who will be a Little Sister.

• Options
    satyr16 wrote: »

Oh man that'd look cool.

I have a friend that wants to go as Sweet Tooth. And if I could I'd do it up.

He should, that would be sick.

• Options
    EnaylaEnayla Wing Addict New YorkRegistered User regular
    Valdata wrote: »
    My friend and I are doing Leah and Female Barbarian from Diablo III. We will also be doing Splicers with another friend who will be a Little Sister.

Awesome, I'd love to see them! Diablo has such amazing costume designs.

Facebook: Enayla Cosplay | Steam: Elliria | DeviantArt: Elliria | Twitter: EnaylaCosplay
  • Options

Another friend of mine will be joining our group as Parappa the Rapper. If anyone wants in just let me know.

• Options
    Progress... Presenting Master Sibling Lunarist "Habibah"
    0BA10D12-3725-4D95-9633-60F814681D57-5735-000006036E024A33.jpg
    5EE7190D-831E-4AAD-B74D-089AB717F355-5735-00000603815A740E.jpg
    6F4B1E8D-0B13-4C3C-A1D5-049AE2634932-5735-000006038D1903C7.jpg

• Options
    ArcanicEightArcanicEight Registered User regular
    Shiloh, you never cease to amaze me with your cosplays.

• Options
    Arcanic, Thank you so much for the kind words, I'm just trying to put on a good show and hope that a few will like my efforts, but even if they don't I'm still going to have a damn good time!

• Options
    edited February 2013
    ... We will also be doing Splicers with another friend who will be a Little Sister.

Sounds like I'm in doing the wrong Bioshock ;-)
    Skyhook_zpsf5fd73bf.jpg

(First time loading a picture on the forum. Fingers crossed)

*Edit - Yes, that is a tiny Ben Franklin on the shelf. We use him, tiny FDR, & tiny Wyatt Earp for Munchkin game pieces

APacMan on
    We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. -Robert Wilensky

• Options
    ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    Hey, kids. This is me the day before I left for Anime Boston 2011.
    Hope I'll see you at the con! I'll probably be Pink Rangering it on Saturday, though I'm not sure yet if I'll have the helmet (I have to get it extended a bit).

PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
  • Options
    Enayla wrote: »

Awesome, I'd love to see them! Diablo has such amazing costume designs.

I loved their designs too! We have most of the work done, but I'm still trying to get my scalemail to lay right.

• Options
    ... We will also be doing Splicers with another friend who will be a Little Sister.

Sounds like I'm in doing the wrong Bioshock ;-)
    Skyhook_zpsf5fd73bf.jpg

(First time loading a picture on the forum. Fingers crossed)

There is no such thing as the wrong Bioshock. Awesome work, by the way.

• Options
    ... There is no such thing as the wrong Bioshock. Awesome work, by the way.

I wish I was talented enough to make this. I wanted one that moves, which is a bit beyond my ken, but not my wallet's. Thanks though!

• Options
    nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    Considering cosplaying for the first time as Professor Layton. However, having not played the game i can't tell whether the jacket and pants are black or not. If they are it should do doable as I would just need a top hat and orange shirt (no idea where I can find the hat but the shirt should be easy enough). Can anyone who has played the game confirm his pants and jacket color.

• Options
    CronoZeroCronoZero Registered User regular
    If there's a meet up, please be sure to let me know! I take photos at each PAX East I've been to and last year I tried to get photos of all the cosplayers I saw.

Here's what I took last year:

Friday:
    https://plus.google.com/photos/107960714162033961985/albums/5730879999524523057

Saturday:
    https://plus.google.com/photos/107960714162033961985/albums/5732198139786426209

Sunday:
    https://plus.google.com/photos/107960714162033961985/albums/5737368062807953505

Hopefully this year the photos will be better though. I'm planning on bringing a flash this time.

• Options
    The MattadorThe Mattador Registered User regular
    My girlfriend is doing a pinup Poison Ivy and I am doing Riddler and I am getting super existed. Just can't decide if I want to do it all 3 days because my girlfriend only wants to do Sat.

• Options
    BursegSardaukarBursegSardaukar Registered User regular
    I saw earlier in the thread that someone was considering rolling as Bane, but couldn't get a mask to work. I'm new to the cosplay thing and I'm not sure what constitutes as a faux pas (is buying a mask from Amazon okay, or is it frowned upon to not have it custom?)

Anyway, here's a couple pics:
    579388_10151067404661507_1658896388_n.jpg
    538643_10151003842361507_1860745537_n.jpg

Can't wait for this year! Missed out on the 3-days, so I only got Fri and Sat tix.

This discussion has been closed.