As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PHA/LLA WARS] Cyberspace WEBGAME :: Iteration 1, GAME OVER

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Oh yeah. Invis was totes OP

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    The last day was a fruitless, random search for anyone at all to static.

PiL left my node literally 10 minutes after I got there.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular

Infidel wrote: »
    Thank you @MrBlarney for the legwork of populating the grid.

Although he was a little heavy on the Invis and had to be reined in! :P

Stay tuned for ITERATION 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Hackers strive to score big on the nastiest system known to the grid. Everyone is in it for themselves, but they can't do this one alone...

Iteration 2 will be a caper scenario and open signups until a winner is decided. Only four will be declared victorious, however.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hP9D6kZseM

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    The last day was a fruitless, random search for anyone at all to static.

PiL left my node literally 10 minutes after I got there.

There were something like 10 people in the Blue Sector Node connecting to Orange.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Scores

Sanguine Zealots: 1105 (1105)
    • 6 Nihilum +6

Choleric Knights: 903 (903)
    • 3 Metallum +5

Melancholic Militia: 1131 (1131)
    • 2 Arcanus +3

Phlegmatic Partisans: 981 (981)
    • 4 Vitala +1
    • 1 Central +1

Melancholic Militia Victory

Faction List AKA THE GRUDGENINGS

Sanguine
    Malkor
    Rend
    vagrant_winds
    RAAAGE

I think we did extremely well for being so handicapped.

Only 6 times +6? Did we get invis invaded?

• Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    Alegis wrote: »
    Scores

Sanguine Zealots: 1105 (1105)
    • 6 Nihilum +6

Choleric Knights: 903 (903)
    • 3 Metallum +5

Melancholic Militia: 1131 (1131)
    • 2 Arcanus +3

Phlegmatic Partisans: 981 (981)
    • 4 Vitala +1
    • 1 Central +1

Melancholic Militia Victory
    RAAAGE

I think we did extremely well for being so handicapped.

Only 6 times +6? Did we get invis invaded?

Woah - that's verrrryyy close, all things considered. Well played to the SZs!

Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    SZ boards
    http://hacksforthebloodgod.proboards.com

No moles! Teucrian and Void Slayer did try to claim SZ to me but I didn't invite them in. They clearly didn't express enough interest to cooperate.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    6 was the system number, that was the control at the end of the game just.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    gg MM
    Thanks for hosting Infidel, waiting for iteration twoooooooooooooo

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Alegis you should be part of my crew next game! O_O

the awesome crew

• Options
    edited May 2012
    The awesomest of crews
    No moles! Teucrian and Void Slayer did try to claim SZ to me but I didn't invite them in. They clearly didn't express enough interest to cooperate.
    Do you see now why I kept information and commands on a tight leash in the early game, Taya?

Please think about it next time you go rogue and jeopardize the team :(

I BLEED
    FOR SAAANGUIIIIINE

Alegis on
  • Options
    The awesomest of crews
    Do you see now why I kept information and commands on a tight leash in the early game, Taya?

I BLEED
    FOR SAAANGUIIIIINE

Mad props to Ardor for setting the SZ teamworking and strategizing effort up

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I would suggest a downside to Invisibility - like not counting towards control for the sector if you are invisible. Or only counting as half or something. Because Invisibility was totes OP.

Also, Gumpy. It is a pity that not enough of our dudes with Pulse were active when I froze you in our sector before you went invisible. That would have been tasty.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    @Rend Fuck you
    @Malkor Fuck you
    @Vagrant_Winds Fuck you
    @Taya You're cool

Im out!

CONTACT YOUR FUCKING TEAMS IN FUCKING TEAM GAMES YOU FUCKING FUCKS ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!

• Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    If Invisibility is overpowered and Static is underpowered, maybe Static should prevent Invisibility for the duration of its effect?

FecklessRogue on
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Kay wrote: »
    I would suggest a downside to Invisibility - like not counting towards control for the sector if you are invisible. Or only counting as half or something. Because Invisibility was totes OP.
    This.

My only other real issue with the game was how underwhelming Static and Pulse were. I probably don't even need to talk about Static, but Pulse didn't feel really powerful at all and seemed a bit too easy to counter. You needed a group effort just to take one player out, and even then you had to cross your fingers and hope they didn't have anything to block or counter your macros. I'd suggest one of the following to improve things:

a) Static can target from anywhere in the current system but isn't hugely powerful (maybe 6% per hour?), while Pulse can only hit the current node (and misses if the target leaves), but does much more damage than Static (10-12%?). v2 versions would get increased damage and bypass v1 defences.
    b) Get rid of Static or beef it up, and make it so that defences only halve the damage taken instead of outright blocking them.
    c) Get rid of Static or beef it up, and add a macro that boosts the effect of other macros while rapidly draining your own sync.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    You can't target invisible people with static.

This consumed way too much of my life for how little use I was. Good game Blarnfidel. Thanks for hosting.

• Options
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    That's a good point. What about a macro that completely shuts down all macros in the node/system for a period of time? Like anti-magic, but in a cyberpunk context.

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    Ringo wrote: »
    I'd like to believe that Team Egos holding Purple early on was what built the lead that MM managed to somehow cling to throughout the game.

So, you know, go me.

(I would have been so embarrassed if my getting desynced today had cost us the game)

The CK's ignoring my math makes so much more sense upon learning Nirya was not a CK.

Good work, Gumpy.

I wasn't leading the CK's, I just got them all together because no one else did it. Everyone decided to go in different directions a couple of days before the end to try and dick with MM and stuff I don't know

Were seer powers available?

• Options
    I had Sniffer, and later Sniffer v2 (which was actually really cool, it gives you the target's log entries for four hours; I don't know why I didn't use it more often). If there was anything else, well, I didn't find out about it.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    That's a good point. What about a macro that completely shuts down all macros in the node/system for a period of time? Like anti-magic, but in a cyberpunk context.
    Maybe that's what Static should do - minor desync damage, causes IC in a node that doubles Task and/or Memory cost for macro use.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    Yeah. I was bad at this.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    I didn't really have enough time to play this better. Otherwise I would have pursued my infiltration attempts at the beginning, but when I realized I barely had enough time to be part of my actual team I didn't have enough to calculate the web of lies necessary to be on two or three at once, as much fun as that would have been. So I sort of gave up on it. Apologies Alegis, but take heart in knowing that my intention was to give you all the lies and intrigue you deserve.

<3

Still, it was very entertaining and definitely had some of the emergent gameplay you were looking for. Thank you very much Blarney and Infidel.

One interesting idea that occurred to me yesterday was the possibility of static being a passive effect as a result of sharing a node with someone who was not in your faction. The more people who aren't in your faction in the node, the more static you receive, even if invisible. That would accomplish a few things:

1) Players themselves would serve as "Sentry" IC. If you want to guard your sector, put a bunch of players in an entry node and make it a no go zone. But you couldn't just fire and forget that stuff. You'd have to stay in the place you want to protect.
    2) It could be used as an interesting sort of seer mechanic, replacing whatever macro was actually performing that function. I think it would be fun if static showed up in a node with five people who all claimed the same faction. Is it an invisible intruder? Or is there a mole? It would take a lot of organization and coordination to figure it out and would be a nice detective opportunity.
    3) It would change the calculation about invasions where a coordinated attack actually would have a better chance of blasting a lone defender or two off the map, but someone going solo would stand no chance.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    It was a pleasure working with the other 8 sanguines. I think we did exceptionally well for being 3/4 strength.

Thanks for running the game mrblarney and infidel.

• Options
    In addition to balancing invis, have you considered reducing record sync cost, reward and trojan damage while increasing spawn rate? I think it might give people more things to do during the day.

Maybe it's just me, but what about also boosting sync regen and static/pulse?

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Teucrian wrote: »
    So I sort of gave up on it. Apologies Alegis, but take heart in knowing that my intention was to give you all the lies and intrigue you deserve.

<3

<3

I was afraid you didn't love me anymore

Alegis on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I had lots of fun in this game. I wish we hadn't been handicapped with the inactive players, but I feel we did well regardless.

I loved the upgrade system. By the end of the first week, I had a movement of four hours and hyperlink, which made me really mobile. In the end, though, we needed to hunker down and spam control so I didn't get to zip around like I wanted.

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    For some reason, the game grid crashed my computer a few times so I stopped accessing it there. Had to do it all on my phone which was a bit of a pain. Not sure exactly what caused it, maybe I'll try IE next time.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    maybe I'll try IE next time.

D:

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Yeah...well Firefox didn't agree with it apparently.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Yeah...well Firefox didn't agree with it apparently.

Yeah, but that's like stapling a pig snout on your face because your current nose is a bit runny

• Options
    I used chrome

• Options
    Out of curiosity, would you (Infidel) be willing to post a list of macros, cost and description by chance?

The reason I ask is due to people having knowledge of some of these tools that others may not in games to come. I think it'd help level the playing field to be honest.

• Options
    Gumpy wrote: »
    I'd like to believe that Team Egos holding Purple early on was what built the lead that MM managed to somehow cling to throughout the game.

So, you know, go me.

(I would have been so embarrassed if my getting desynced today had cost us the game)

The CK's ignoring my math makes so much more sense upon learning Nirya was not a CK.

Good work, Gumpy.

I wasn't leading the CK's, I just got them all together because no one else did it. Everyone decided to go in different directions a couple of days before the end to try and dick with MM and stuff I don't know

I had Demiscan, which was the seer power. I assume that one person per faction had it, but I do not know if that is true.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Oh hey, Baidol,

1) did you ever get to seer me?
    2) who were these "people" that were hesitant to contact me
    3) let's hold hands and skip merrily into the sunset

• Options
    edited May 2012

So, you know, go me.

Good work, Gumpy.

I had Demiscan, which was the seer power. I assume that one person per faction had it, but I do not know if that is true.

You're probably correct. Of the 9 of us in SZ, I was the only one with that ability. I think I seered 4 members of my team and got Darian on day 1.

Ardor on
  • Options
    Oh hey, Baidol,

1) did you ever get to seer me?
    2) who were these "people" that were hesitant to contact me
    3) let's hold hands and skip merrily into the sunset

1) Nope.
    2) SLyM
    3) k

• Options

So, you know, go me.

Good work, Gumpy.

ardor definitely had it for the SZ's

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    The awesomest of crews

I BLEED
    FOR SAAANGUIIIIINE

I never went rogue; I just wanted to know the members of my own team. I don't think I jeopardized anything, and I may have sped up the process of us actually working together. :(

I think if every player knew one other member of their team from the start, it would help. You would still have to find your team and try to verify them but you'd at least have one person you could talk to and trust from the beginning without rend-like deals.

• Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Excellent game, thanks so much for all the effort Infy/Blarnes.

MM, great work. Great team. Brohoofs all around.
    I am thinking about putting this quote in my signature.
    Tayrun wrote:
    The key to dealing with Baidol is to just delete the PM.

To be fair, that was said mostly in jest. The chats we had on day 1 or 2 were actually very helpful. For the record I was completely honest in them.

Actually, for the record, I was completely honest in all communication this game, and this policy led to us having a proboard with all 12 of us and no spies. Never have I soft-networked that hard, but man that was fun. I liked that alot about this game, the networking felt a lot more like werewolves than phalla, so there was more for me to do!

You hear that, my dear paranoid MM teammates (you know who you are)? We had our entire team and only our team on the probards within a few days.

Next time y'all can just trust me without the needless paranoid, right? Right?

Great game, yeah. Whoo!

P.s. Did anyone actually lie to me all game?