Options

HULK SMASH PUNY BOX OFFICE RECORDS!

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Look I am not saying you are wrong!

I am just saying I wish they would have had an official "Hey where's your friend, Stark" "Oh he can't come because _____" thing since they went out of their way to cover every other loose end

also
    gNIKJ.png
    Those ain't SWAT AJ

you're losing your mind

look I ain't remember the military at all, and just made them swat in my head because there is no lieutenant hulk or corporal thor okay

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Characters I'd like to see in Avengers 2

-Ant-Man and the Wasp: They are original Avengers and have neat concepts, so they deserve to be on the team. I love EMH's Ant-Man/Giant Man and we need more famel characters so the Wasp would be nice for that. Both could be introduced in Edgar Wright's Ant-Man movie, if he doesn't wind up going the "Hank Pym in the 60's, Scott Lang in modern times"
    -Ms. Marvel: Again, more female characters would be nice, and Ms. Marvel is a good one to pick IMO. I think they should introduce her in a Captain Marvel movie and have her get her powers during that movie.
    -Black Panther: This might be pushing the character count, but the Black Panther is a cool character, as smart as Tony Stark but with mystical leanings too. Not sure if they have room for a movie in the schedule, but they could introduce him during the movie.

Luke Cage deserves to be in his own team-up Heroes for Hire movie with Iron Fist.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    hey blank wanna help me with this avengers alliance thing
    Sure gimme a link to your Facebook thing

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    I was actually going to buy attack the block last week

but this was on sale http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00005V4Y4

and I could not pass it up

Officially disapproved by THE MAN

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    hey blank wanna help me with this avengers alliance thing
    Sure gimme a link to your Facebook thing

https://www.facebook.com/king.geebs

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Luke Cage deserves to be in his own team-up Heroes for Hire movie with Iron Fist.

God damn it I want this so much.

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    I've seen this twice already, jesus

No one says avengers assemble, what the christ is that

Worst movie

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2012
    Knob makes a good point. I was going to come in here and say how amazing this movie was but now that I realize they never say "Avengers assemble" I'm realizing this movie was utter shit.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    look that is a sequel line and you know it

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Yeah, this is an origin story for the Avengers.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    hey so question about one of Hulk's and one of Stark's lines in this
    what does he say after he goes all gorilla mode on Loki right in the middle of Loki's speechifying?

also what does Tony say after Loki tried to brainwash him with the scepter?

in both screenings I saw, everyone was laughing way to loud for me to hear

Joolander on
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    tBlank
    one of the NYPD guys said it would take an hour for them to show up, I think?

Although I do agree, I was sort of wondering where War Machine was as well, it seems like he'd be on his way ASAP

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »
    what does he say after he goes all gorilla mode on Loki right in the middle of Loki's speechifying?

"puny god"

"Performance issues"

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm surprised by how much I liked Mark Ruffalo...like, I liked him better than like Edward Norton even.

However, I don't think he would have worked in the Hulk movie necessarily. The feel of Avengers was a lot different than The Hulk was.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Zay wrote: »
    tBlank
    one of the NYPD guys said it would take an hour for them to show up, I think?

Although I do agree, I was sort of wondering where War Machine was as well, it seems like he'd be on his way ASAP
    Easy explanation, he's on assignment in the Middle East and is waaaaaaaay out of range.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I was sad that Hawkeye didn't take down Iron Man with simple arrows and no powers.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Langly wrote: »

"puny god"

"Performance issues"

thanks

also I was surprised at how much I liked Ruffalo as Banner
    also having Tony of all people be the one to trust him immediately and unconditionally was refreshing

and hilarious

• Options
    well, to be fair, tony never said his armor was really good

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    What's the general consensus on the Captain America movie?

I watched it last night and thought it wasn't very good at all

most people really liked it

I really liked it

I liked Captain America only slightly less than the first Iron Man.

I felt like it was a better Superman movie than the last Superman movie, though that's not difficult by itself.

It was great to have a genuinely nice, gentle, stand up guy who fights for truth, justice and 'MERICA without a lot of angst or cynicism.

He was tied for awesome with Iron Man in Avengers. Their first 'scene' together had the whole audience I was with cheering!

• Options
    I LOVED the banter between Stark and Banner and well...between Stark and anybody. RDJ is my hero.

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I would like to think that I would live like Tony Stark if I had his money.

Gwyneth Paltrow in those shorts...

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I really liked the acting from RDJ:
    When Pepper whispers what his reward will be for doing his homework.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

Oh god. That face.

That was wonderful.

• Options
    I LOVED the banter between Stark and Banner and well...between Stark and anybody. RDJ is my hero.

Not only that, the rivalry between Steve and Tony had the potential to be really petty and stupid. Instead, it worked out great for both of them and they each got some great character development.

• Options
    We had to drive 45 minutes to see this because the local theater here is closed for remodeling. If it wasn't I would go see this again tomorrow.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    regarding rhodey
    The Iron Man movies have been established on the West Coast, for the most part. It's likely that he's back there, possibly he's even on his way! But that whole thing didn't really last that long.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    regarding rhodey
    The Iron Man movies have been established on the West Coast, for the most part. It's likely that he's back there, possibly he's even on his way! But that whole thing didn't really last that long.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking
    He was probably half way across the US when Tony delivers the nuke
    They could have mentioned he was on the way, though

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Sassori wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »

Oh god. That face.

That was wonderful.

yeah

but the BEST face was
    right after he zaps banner with the prod after telling him to relax

just this look of a perfect blend of scientific curiosity and mischief

so damn perfect

• Options
    edited May 2012
    We had to run when the movie was over. Did anything happen after the credits? Use spoiler tags if something did happen please. Not for me but for anyone else.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh shit I just read a theory about Avengers
    The thing in the head of Loki's spear?

It is the Mind gem.

Hence why it was able to take over people's conciousness and fuck with everybody's heads.

Probably isn't true but fuck that would be awesome

Yeah I just read that last night and flipped a shit. I think there's a decent chance it's true.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    So
    The spear-- does SHIELD have it now?

• Options
    We had to run when the movie was over. Did anything happen after the credits? Use spoiler tags if something did happen please. Not for me but for anyone else.

yes
    DURING THE CREDITS
    we find out who Loki was working for
    I
    t was Thanos

AFTER THE CREDITS
    everybody goes to that restaurant Tony was talking about and chows down on some shawarma

• Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    So
    The spear-- does SHIELD have it now?

I was trying to remember what happened to it at the end but I can't.

• Options

yes
    DURING THE CREDITS
    I
    t was Thanos

AFTER THE CREDITS
    everybody goes to that restaurant Tony was talking about and chows down on some shawarma

HOLY SHIT! This is the best fucking news!!
    Thanos, not the shawarma

• Options

yes
    DURING THE CREDITS
    I
    t was Thanos

AFTER THE CREDITS

HOLY SHIT! This is the best fucking news!!
    Thanos, not the shawarma

well I mean
    from the look on Banner's face, the shawarma was pretty great too :lol:

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I got the impression that the shawarma was pretty bad.

They kinda looked like they were forcing themselves to eat it.

RT800 on
  • Options
    tumblr_m3maep1vNc1qf65bro1_r1_500.jpg

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    War Machine:
    I wonder if one of the cuts that might be on the DVD is a snippet of one of the heroes asking 'anyone else can help?' and Stark replying 'Rhodey's on his way, but it won't be soon enough". 15 seconds, done. Also, even though I don't see it happening, if there was an extension of the after after credits scene, and Rhodes shows up in the suit, demasks, and asks 'Jeez, couldn't start without me could you?' or something. Or at least, they make some kind of schwarma joke in IM3.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »

more like
    they were fuckin' tired

• Options
    edited May 2012
    RT800 wrote: »

Nah, I figured
    They were completely exhausted after the battle and thus couldn't enjoy it too much regardless. And, it seemed like most of the actors were trying desperately to not laugh for the prolonged silence. :D

Also about War Machine and other U.S. military forces
    You got the sense that this invasion happened FAST, like within the space of an hour or two fast. I think that's why the super secret council was so keen on nuking the city. They probably couldn't have contained from spreading over the whole planet in the space of a few hours. Even the best rapid reaction forces in the U.S. take about a day to mobilize. The only ones we saw were probably national guard with light weapons. And Rhody could have easily been on the other side of the country or on assignment overseas.

I freaking loved ALL of SHIELD's weaponry though, some seriously kickass moments especially...
    The VTOL, damn that was sweet.

Plus with real planes and stuff mixed in too. It was great.

manwiththemachinegun on
This discussion has been closed.