Options

HULK SMASH PUNY BOX OFFICE RECORDS!

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Regarding Thor and Iron Man:
    I fully expect a deleted scene where Thor powers up Tony. I was waiting for it during the whole final battle, because it happened in their fight with each other than was never mentioned again

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Who cares? Dumb is dumb.

Let's talk about more things that are awesome.

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    You know what's awesome

Kebabs

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Regarding Thor and Iron Man:
    I fully expect a deleted scene where Thor powers up Tony. I was waiting for it during the whole final battle, because it happened in their fight with each other than was never mentioned again

Yeah I think a lot of people expected it
    Especially at the end. I thought Thor might sort of re-charge his heart or something. Instead Hulk just roared at him.

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    You know what's awesome

Kebabs

damnit gatsby

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Saw this movie last night, in a hot, crappy old theater. It was awesome.

• Options
    You know what's awesome

Kebabs

damnit gatsby

I think I may have an addiction at this point

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    tumblr_m3muo0sOBA1qdv0k6o1_400.gif

Amazing.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    tumblr_m3muo0sOBA1qdv0k6o1_400.gif

Amazing.

I think this may have been my favorite bit.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Let it be known, I have faith...
    That Coulson is not dead. He will rise again!

PRAISE BE TO COULSON!!!
    It just doesn't make any sense for Marvel to take so much time ingratiating him into the Marvel U, Avengers EMH/Ultimate Spider-man, and in the promotional materials this late in the game for the character to be dead.

Even though it was a BS theory, I'm on board with Coulson getting turned into some variant of the Vision. It's a way more convenient backstory for the character than the ridiculous one presented in the comics, cuts down on the angsting that makes the Vision insufferable, keeps Coulson on the team, gives him further excuse to pal around with Captain America, and provides a natural progression of his arc as the lifeblood of the Avengers, having him come back to literally Avenge the team at some point.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    what if
    Instead of the Vision, Coulson gets turned into Deathlok

Deathlok(Robot)_Head.jpg

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

PRAISE BE TO COULSON!!!
    It just doesn't make any sense for Marvel to take so much time ingratiating him into the Marvel U, Avengers EMH/Ultimate Spider-man, and in the promotional materials this late in the game for the character to be dead.

Even though it was a BS theory, I'm on board with Coulson getting turned into some variant of the Vision. It's a way more convenient backstory for the character than the ridiculous one presented in the comics, cuts down on the angsting that makes the Vision insufferable, keeps Coulson on the team, gives him further excuse to pal around with Captain America, and provides a natural progression of his arc as the lifeblood of the Avengers, having him come back to literally Avenge the team at some point.
    I am a leaf on the wind.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    what if

Deathlok(Robot)_Head.jpg
    Awesome, through and through
    I also would accept Awesome Andy
    406px-Awesome_andy.jpg

and in a shocking reversal of expectations

253926-88140-ultron.jpg[img][/img]

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    what if

Deathlok(Robot)_Head.jpg
    406px-Awesome_andy.jpg

ALL WILL FEAR THE WRATH OF COLTRON.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

PRAISE BE TO COULSON!!!

I am a leaf on the wind.

Ok this is kind of a stretch but
    When Coulson dies Nick Fury says he's lost his one good eye.

I mean it could be a reference to how broken the Carrier is but if he comes back I'm calling it.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    what if

Deathlok(Robot)_Head.jpg
    406px-Awesome_andy.jpg

ALL WILL FEAR THE WRATH OF COLTRON.
    Bustin some moves on the Coooooooooooool Train.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I don't know but whoever mentioned the whole limited roster thing is right. They can't have the team get too big, otherwise the ensemble stops being able to work. Frankly, as good a job as he's doing, I'm okay with Hawkeye not really being a full, formal, official member of the Avengers. Same with Widow. They're SHIELD agents. And that's good, and that's okay. And if the Avengers need them, they should totally help out. But the Avengers should be people who aren't fully organized like that.

Like, Hawkeye and Widow are probably almost never going to deliberately and willingly disobey Fury. The Avengers totally would.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    tumblr_m3gwelc3dl1qmdocpo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_m3gdjeqgf21qmdocpo1_500.jpg

I saw the movie friday and I'm going again tomorrow night with my Brother. I loved it.

Considering on bringing my OG Hulk Hands along.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah and somebody spoil the bracelets Tony was wearing for me. I'm curious what the deal there was.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Tox wrote: »
    Oh yeah and somebody spoil the bracelets Tony was wearing for me. I'm curious what the deal there was.
    It summoned the Mark VII version of the suit to him

Magell on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Re: Tox's Q
    They guided the new Iron Man armor onto his body when he was attacked by Loki.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
  • Options
    Newest Ironman suit. It's like a rocket that locks on the the braclets to calibrate and then puts itself on.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    They're targets for Stark's newest suit, so it'll automatically put itself on using those bracelets as locators.

• Options
    SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Edit: I also enjoy kebabs and being punctual.

SwissLion on
    ImWcN1I.png?3
  • Options
    It's the latest in space-age bondage gear.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Also I saw this again tonight and it was just as good

Two new lines I caught tonight that made me sad due to the fate of a certain character
    First, Pepper asking Coulson as they get on the elevator if he's still with that cellist and he says no, she moved back to Portland

And then as Tony walks onto the bridge of the Helicarrier he's promising Coulson that whenever he wants he'll fly him out to Portland to see his girl
    West Coast Avengers

• Options
    Anybody who rewatches the movie should keep
    an eye out for the Waitress they interview at the end during the battle. She appears an awful lot. I'm starting to wonder if she is somebody.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    You know what's awesome

Kebabs

Fuckin oath!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Newest Ironman suit. It's like a rocket that locks on the the braclets to calibrate and then puts itself on.

I like to think of that as
    the Movieverse version of the Extremis armor

• Options
    Weaver wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Also I saw this again tonight and it was just as good

Two new lines I caught tonight that made me sad due to the fate of a certain character
    First, Pepper asking Coulson as they get on the elevator if he's still with that cellist and he says no, she moved back to Portland

And then as Tony walks onto the bridge of the Helicarrier he's promising Coulson that whenever he wants he'll fly him out to Portland to see his girl
    West Coast Avengers

You might not be entirely wrong.
    I've heard that their were some cameos and references in the original draft which were found to be to distracting. Perhaps Coulsons girl was originally a reference and they didn't bother to change where she moved.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Joolander wrote: »

If Ironman 3 really will involve the Extremis project, as out side sources have hinted
    I wouldn't be surprised if its an intentional "in-between" suit.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Tef wrote: »
    You know what's awesome

Kebabs

Fuckin oath!

I can't stop man!

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »

If Ironman 3 really will involve the Extremis project, as out side sources have hinted
    I wouldn't be surprised if its an intentional "in-between" suit.

I still prefer
    Tony calling his amror and having a goddamn missile fired at him and then it attaches itself

• Options
    Thor's line about
    "a signal to all worlds that the Earth is ready for a higher form of war."

Gave me chills.

• Options
    an eye out for the Waitress they interview at the end during the battle. She appears an awful lot. I'm starting to wonder if she is somebody.
    Somebody mentioned she may be Sharon Carter, and show up in Cap 2 accordingly. Would make sense, since she's irrationally in love with Cap.

• Options
    Somebody mentioned she may be Sharon Carter, and show up in Cap 2 accordingly. Would make sense, since she's irrationally in love with Cap.
    She was wearing a nametag but I couldn't read it.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular

I'm wondering if that's supposed to be
    Sharon Carter. Word is, they originally shot a scene where the Cap went to talk to Peggy's granddaughter or something, about his disillusionment with the modern world and alienation for what America even was any more. But then it kind of broke the flow and rhythm of the movie, and got cut. But word was that Sharon wasn't a super spy, but just some waitress or something. It would also explain why her role is tied to that of the Cap - she's the 'face' of all the huddled masses, and he's particularly responsible for rescuing her directly, and then she name drops him in the aftermath news interview.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    TrueHereticXTrueHereticX We are the future Charles, not them. They no longer matter. Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Nametag said Beth, so maybe they changed her name?

• Options
    Nametag said Beth, so maybe they changed her name?
    It's equally possible I either made that up or that someone else was intended to be Sharon and I got confused, I'll readily accept either of those options.

This discussion has been closed.