As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends]: It's something to do when Diablo 3 is down.

• Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    9 people in a game that don't know how to play Shen

it's possible

what is there to know?

vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade oh hey mid is getting ganked PRESS R vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade

Really? You must be joking.

• Options
    zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular

it's possible

what is there to know?

vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade oh hey mid is getting ganked PRESS R vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade

Really? You must be joking.

Sometimes you taunt.

• Options
    ZombotZombot Registered User regular

it's possible

what is there to know?

Just got a chance to play Shen jungle. It's kinda frustrating how slow he is, but I had a grew time nonetheless.

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular

it's possible

what is there to know?

yeh... its not like i even needed to trade with someone higher... he wasnt banned or picked before last pick... that's some mighty fine.. something.

oh, and our team had an early veigar pick, which is hugely counterable... do they counter with a ryze, kassadin, etc? nope. apparently idiots all around.

• Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Damn. Is Ahri just really good, and i have my main AP champ; Or am i just that awesome with her?
    (Also, you use capital letters after semicolons, right?)

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Damn. Is Ahri just really good, and i have my main AP champ; Or am i just that awesome with her?
    She's pretty good. IMO she only really has a couple tough matchups in Brand and Cass (and I'm not even sure that I just wasn't approaching those wrong) and counters alot of other champs really hard.

(No you don't)

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    She's pretty good. IMO she only really has a couple tough matchups in Brand and Cass (and I'm not even sure that I just wasn't approaching those wrong) and counters alot of other champs really hard.

(No you don't)

Huh. 'Cause i just played my second game as her. Completely cleaned house. Left that place spotless. It was great.
    (Thanks)

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    I'm not saying Ryze is going to suck now he just won't be as baller.

butts
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Joe K wrote: »
    just played an unranked solo draft.

i'm last pick.

Shen is available.

i dont even.... i mean dont look gift horses in the mouth and all that... but really, letting shen go to last pick in draft?

I have this happen to me with Morg a fair amount. Need to pick a support? kk.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Future BluesFuture Blues Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I hit bronze again mothertrucker. Annie just shits on people (at this ELO anyway) because nobody remembers that she, unlike most other mages, frontloads her damage. And also stuns. Constantly.

People lingering in lane at low health? Flash, ult, dead. People follow you into a bush to finish you off? Q, W, KILL. Catch two or three people grouped up with your ult up? Guess what, you just won that teamfight.

I picked her up along with her Reverse skin the last time it was on sale, played her once and shelved her because I thought she was boring, now I run her mid and feel more than a little guilty dishing out that much abuse on such a consistent basis. That stun always seems to be up right when you need it too!

Future Blues on
    Xbox Live: No Reply
    Steam: Jacobontap
    LoL: FutureBlues
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular

it's possible

what is there to know?

yeh... its not like i even needed to trade with someone higher... he wasnt banned or picked before last pick... that's some mighty fine.. something.

oh, and our team had an early veigar pick, which is hugely counterable... do they counter with a ryze, kassadin, etc? nope. apparently idiots all around.

Counter-pick Veigar? I've never heard of such ridiculousness.
    Once my Q gets over 100 cs on it, I'll burst most everybody down pretty quickly. Funny enough, had 2 games in a row as Veigar mid, and enemy team picked Karthus both times, and both times pushed mid hard. Made farming Q easy-peasy.
    Now, only if we didn't lose a man in that second game...

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    If you pick someone like Ryze you won't be getting that hundred cs quickly and when you do he'll have a Banshee's Veil.

butts
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Neaden wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JvxlaWSXYm8p
    Patch preview, didn't see it posted. Yi buffs. Ryze rework. I think my ryze page won't be useful anymore.
    If the numbers are the same as was posted previously, and your build includes two items from: Rod of Ages, Archangel's Staff and Will of the Ancients?

Ryze will do more damage. MOAR. The mana-ratios were reduced by a minimal amount in those proposed changes.

The only change that really worries me is the range reduction on Q. I might change up my Ryze page to have MS Quints or Spellvamp Quints and MR Blues, though.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    TorgaironTorgairon Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I hit bronze again mothertrucker. Annie just shits on people (at this ELO anyway) because nobody remembers that she, unlike most other mages, frontloads her damage. And also stuns. Constantly.

People lingering in lane at low health? Flash, ult, dead. People follow you into a bush to finish you off? Q, W, KILL. Catch two or three people grouped up with your ult up? Guess what, you just won that teamfight.

I picked her up along with her Reverse skin the last time it was on sale, played her once and shelved her because I thought she was boring, now I run her mid and feel more than a little guilty dishing out that much abuse on such a consistent basis. That stun always seems to be up right when you need it too!

if I wanted to get into ranked I'm 99% sure I would default to annie most games. impossible to cs badly with her, no mana issues, at 6 kill as many people as will pile up for raining bears, decent ratios, recent (incoming?) buffs.

veigar gets absolutely wrecked by ryze and kass, about the only popular caster he can bully is karth so that's some luck my friend.

edit: frostfire skin > all. weird looking splash art, amazing in-game.

Torgairon on
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    just played an unranked solo draft.

i'm last pick.

Shen is available.

i dont even.... i mean dont look gift horses in the mouth and all that... but really, letting shen go to last pick in draft?

I hear Shen is OP.

Locks in Shen.

Enemy picks riven top.

Person who doesn't know Shen gets shat on.

20 min surrender

• Options
    ZombotZombot Registered User regular
    Whoa IP boost! Heck yeah!

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Zombot wrote: »
    Whoa IP boost! Heck yeah!

Didn't check to see if I got it. Just had a win so hope do.

Was at 5k ip before boost. Think I should buy and learn gragas. I play mostly brand mid and love him though. But barrels of beer.... So hard

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Zombot wrote: »
    I am on this awful loss streak, and I can't get out of it. I'm currently at a negative 30 loss ratio getting really close to 40.
    I feel as though in a good chunk of the games, I'm playing well. There is a lot of things that I can approve on, this I know. I've been coordinating the team, suggesting what objective we need and so forth. In most team fights, I feel like I'm position correctly, and I'm focusing on what I need to do in order to win the fight.
    Of course I have those games where I derp all over.

Can someone tell me something that'll make me feel better?

Normal games have hidden ELOs that change every few days. If you had a good winning streak, or at least won games in which the ELO system decided that you had a disadvantage, you can find yourself two or three brackets of skill above where you actually are, and this will stay like that until your ELO changes again.

This happened once to me when I was in the ~250 wins range and I kept getting paired with 1400 ELO dudes after going 12-4 over a few days (this made me happy enough to buy $50 worth of RP), where I then managed to get a sixteen game losing streak. Immediately afterwards I got put into the retard group and got an 8 win streak.
    uninstalling.jpg

THE SHAAAAAAME

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    So has anyone gotten a good grasp of the referral system as-is? I was nearly at 10 for the RP.
    If you skip swapping over to 2.0 to finish off some reward, do you get to switch later? And if I did...would getting them all to lvl 10 give the free rune page for 5 or the RP again for 10 at level 10? I highly doubt you can double dip on RP at the very least.

• Options
    ZeroZedZeroZeroZedZero Registered User regular
    Dragging myself out of Elo hell, one screaming idiot at a time. I promise to at least attempt to be decent, and I do plan to have better music than this stupid song that's on now. http://www.own3d.tv/live/246159 if you want to watch.

steam_sig.png
    Come watch me on my stream : http://www.own3d.tv/ZeroZedZero
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    ryze will still be good

it will be a buff if people stop rushing banshee and start getting rod of ages instead

like real kings

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Double RoA archangel frozen heart and then deathcap. Sell boots for void staff if they bought mr, lichbane if they didn't.

The Ryze paintrain is coming strait to your nexus and this ride has no stops and no brakes.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    InsanityInsanity Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Normal games have hidden ELOs that change every few days.

Nah, normal Elo changes every game, same as ranked Elo. Occasionally riot fuck up and it's visible in the data they send you. Winning and losing streaks are just part of standard gameplay.

(Also, Elo is the surname of Arpad Elo who invented the ranking system. ELO is the Electric Light Orchestra.)

gBpkw.jpg
  • Options
    Really sad I lost my last game =\ Was doing rather well as tristana. Against....Cho'gath and Vayne bot? -eyeboggle-

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Insanity wrote: »
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Normal games have hidden ELOs that change every few days.

Nah, normal Elo changes every game, same as ranked Elo. Occasionally riot fuck up and it's visible in the data they send you. Winning and losing streaks are just part of standard gameplay.

(Also, Elo is the surname of Arpad Elo who invented the ranking system. ELO is the Electric Light Orchestra.)

I specifically remember reading a semi-recent red post on the riot forums that normal ELO is only adjusted every few days or every week. Might be old info, though.

• Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    IP Boost right after I hit 20? Aw yeah, let's finish some rune pages. :^:

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »
    So has anyone gotten a good grasp of the referral system as-is? I was nearly at 10 for the RP.
    If you skip swapping over to 2.0 to finish off some reward, do you get to switch later? And if I did...would getting them all to lvl 10 give the free rune page for 5 or the RP again for 10 at level 10? I highly doubt you can double dip on RP at the very least.

Well I had 10 accounts leveled up to 5 previously, which gave me 10 4-win IP boosts and 975 RP. All those rewards were cashed in a while ago. I switched over to the new system, and was instantly able to re-cash in all those accounts for 250 IP each.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Ryze getting MS on his ult makes sense

gotta rush in for that monster slam

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Double RoA archangel frozen heart and then deathcap. Sell boots for void staff if they bought mr, lichbane if they didn't.

The Ryze paintrain is coming strait to your nexus and this ride has no stops and no brakes.
    No BV for MR? Too brave

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Last game streaming before I head to bed. Come watch me carry again? (can't believe I destroyed so hard with Tristana) http://www.own3d.tv/live/246159

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I like both the changes to DFG and evil tome

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    ryze will still be good

it will be a buff if people stop rushing banshee and start getting rod of ages instead

like real kings

I always get Rod and tear first. My point is things like ignoring his early game problems of slow AA, terrible base speed, and possibly a reduction in range to the only thing he can effectively poke with, just encourages people to pick someone else for their AP mid because it will be easier to shut him down now, and it wasn't too hard to do before. He'll only be doing more damage if you manage to farm enough for the rod, even for people who do it before the tear, his early game base damage will be lower when he actually needs it as a result. I mean, Q started at 10% which was too high, but they've been chipping away for months.

EDIT Just saw that they reduced the movespeed on the ult in the latest patch, even less attractive now.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    tehjestertehjester Tampa, FlRegistered User regular
    the more i read about Varus, the more i'm compelled to buy him day one. i wish i were better at this game to justify all my purchases. luckily i can play a whole lot more now and maybe learn not to suck as hard as a Hoover

PSN: JesterKing13 Blizz Battletag: tehjester#1448
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    ryze will still be good

like real kings

It's certainly going to encourage me to build Catalyst, Tear, Revolver. I've been going Banshee first over Rod, mainly because of who I've been laning against. Back to the MANROD start.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Just hit 6300 IP. Do I buy a champ now, or wait until Varus is released and play him in every possible role? Support Varus is going to be totally legit.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    did anyone else get an IP Boost?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I really wish people would stop playing kayle until her re-re-make

• Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    did anyone else get an IP Boost?
    Everybody did.
    Edit: In other news I'm really liking Teemo as a counterpick top. There are certain champs who he just wrecks.

Neaden on
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    But anyone and their dog can play Sona. D:

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
This discussion has been closed.