As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends]: It's something to do when Diablo 3 is down.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    That is fantasic.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    That guy sounds amazing and would probably have been an amazing support.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    PriestPriest Registered User regular
    So I'm kinda bored with LoL right now (which is a shame since I only came back like three weeks ago!). I get online some nights, and I know I have time for a good two to four games, but usually I just end up trying some crazy ass build in an intermediate bot game. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but either way, I get my one win of the day and log off.

I yearn for the rage induced stress and fast-paced action of 5v5 again, but I'm looking for things that are "fun." For those of you that are familiar with LoL boredom, please, what jumpstarted you back into it?

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    That guy sounds amazing and would probably have been an amazing support.

My thoughts exactly. Hell, he was probably being funny(and that was hilarious).

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Priest wrote: »
    So I'm kinda bored with LoL right now (which is a shame since I only came back like three weeks ago!). I get online some nights, and I know I have time for a good two to four games, but usually I just end up trying some crazy ass build in an intermediate bot game. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but either way, I get my one win of the day and log off.

I yearn for the rage induced stress and fast-paced action of 5v5 again, but I'm looking for things that are "fun." For those of you that are familiar with LoL boredom, please, what jumpstarted you back into it?

I spent a few days playing free MMOs. Then I fired up LoL.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Oh, solo queue.

"I DEMAND SUPPORT OR I WILL FEED ALL GAME."

"You mean, you want someone to support bot for you?"

"NO I DEMAND TO PLAY SUPPORT BITCH PEASANTS."

aaaaaaaand I'm dodging.

"Aura, do you mind going support?"

"Yes, but not as much as I usually mind when someone else does."

22/2 win for our team, swung the first teamfight with the Wish I'd just gotten. Support smack-talk is really satisfying when you back it up.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    PriestPriest Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

I would prefer not having to self-induce Trauma, for my own part :)

• Options
    zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular

I leveled some alts for recruit a friend. The level of skill there really reminded me how much better I am at playing than when I started. So when I went back to my main, I appreciated the game as a learning process more.

• Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular

I would prefer not having to self-induce Trauma, for my own part :)

For me it was watching a bunch of tournament recordings one weekend with a friend of mine who plays.

Speaking of which, SPECTATOR MODE RELEASE WOO

Right click > spectate friends is going to be the greatest thing

THE GREATEST

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular

Playing on the smurf, as well as playing roles you aren't as familiar with. Also playing every champ (or just rotating every free week).

• Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    6 dodges in a row. I had time to play a game before going out to dinner, now I don't. Wow wtf is wrong with people? Literally just wasted 20 minutes of my time. Now I am going to drink more scotch before dinner.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Smaug6 wrote: »
    6 dodges in a row. I had time to play a game before going out to dinner, now I don't. Wow wtf is wrong with people? Literally just wasted 20 minutes of my time. Now I am going to drink more scotch before dinner.

This is why I post LFG in our chat, and the masochism PA has is what keeps anybody from answering.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Smaug6 wrote: »

This is why I post LFG in our chat, and the masochism PA has is what keeps anybody from answering

I love PA people. Even if you are the worst player in history. Its just I don't understand why people wait til the last minute to dodge. I just thought I didn't have time to recruit people. Ahhh my mistake.

Seriously, though, if you aren't going to get the role you want, dodge at that point. Don't wait til 1 second.

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, I just now had a pretty good game with a bunch of guys I've never played with before but one from the PA community. Everyone acted like a human, we kept each other apprised of what was going on, and generally it worked out well.

This is WORLDS better than what I've had to deal with in Ranked today.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure people just do that to troll, at least, thats what I've decided.

Also, supporick is awesome.

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Yeah, I just now had a pretty good game with a bunch of guys I've never played with before but one from the PA community. Everyone acted like a human, we kept each other apprised of what was going on, and generally it worked out well.

That's because support Olaf is too strong

Also getting accused by a Mundo who did a counterinvasion of being a tryhard is pretty laughable

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »

Also getting accused by a Mundo who did a counterinvasion of being a tryhard is pretty laughable

The baffling lack of people trying to stop me from running roughshod all over the map after we got around to downing the bottom tower did seem to indicate that they were not, in fact, trying that hard. ;)

• Options

The baffling lack of people trying to stop me from running roughshod all over the map after we got around to downing the bottom tower did seem to indicate that they were not, in fact, trying that hard. ;)
    Charging in 2 by 2 is how real men play

Bringing more would be unfair and UNMANLY

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular

What the hell have you been up to.

Are we going to be doing wacky shit tonight??

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Infidel wrote: »

What the hell have you been up to.

Are we going to be doing wacky shit tonight??
    I set the rules by picking DUNKMASTER YI and the enemy team apparently agreed to be manly

And then I switched to jungle Jax and stole all the buffs

Whoops

As for tonight, we've got a TOR raid for a few hours soonish, after that I'm sure people will be free. If you want to start doing push comps or whatever, I'm sure people would be down. I may or may not be available, have a final to work on.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Oh Zen, chatbombing the ESL stream.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    By far my best Lee Sin game ever. Saw Talon was going Mid against Morgana and shat all over him making him a non issue. (Although he still HURT)

At one point we had been fighting so long that when I went back I bought a Warmogs from nothing. Most of my deaths were from me being power drunk and doing stupid things :D

N39xu.jpg

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    LIsten, Hagrid. I'm pretty sure we said your name correctly, hargourd.

hamster.
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    hagaar the horrible (player)
    LIsten, Hagrid. I'm pretty sure we said your name correctly, hargourd.

hamster.

And this is what makes having community commentators so good.
    You're never living this down, Herbert.
    Arikado wrote: »
    Hamguard

My path to immortality has begun. I will become the Jack Sparrow of LoL.

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    Apparently, OtLC is as good as spinning to win as he is with the ladies.

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    I have 3400 IP.

Blow it on one champ, or grab a couple of the cheap ones?

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Holy crap! Everyone bought wards! Everyone built a comp around each other! Everyone communicated!

It was... The most beautiful pug I've ever seen.

Also my first graves game. Wasnt really sure how to go. Maxed q and played like a caster early. Then e w normal aa champ late game. Bc melted their beefcake voli, scion, gragas people and the other two where too squishy for it to matter really

• Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    I have 3400 IP.

Get every 450 champ just to have them IMO.

• Options
    Neaden wrote: »
    I have 3400 IP.

Champs I Don't Have:

450 RP:
    Poppy
    Nunu
    Ashe
    Yi
    Soraka

1350 RP:
    Sion
    Singed
    Twisted Fate (Shouldn't have given away that PAX skin all those years ago...)
    Taric
    Mundo

Way too many at the 3150 level to list.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    I have 3400 IP.

Champs I Don't Have:

450 RP:
    Poppy
    Nunu
    Ashe
    Yi
    Soraka

1350 RP:
    Sion
    Singed
    Taric
    Mundo

get 200 more IP then get

ashe
    soraka
    mundo
    singed

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I have 3400 IP.

Champs I Don't Have:

450 RP:
    Poppy
    Nunu
    Ashe
    Yi
    Soraka

1350 RP:
    Sion
    Singed
    Taric
    Mundo

3150 is the point at which it's reasonable not to own a champion if you're planning to play ranked or arranged team stuff; there's a certain basic level of role-filling you might end up needing to do, and the cheap ones cover that. An exception can be made if you completely hate a champion for some reason, but it's going to confuse some folks.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    I love Nasus so much you guys

• Options
    tehjestertehjester Tampa, FlRegistered User regular
    I have 3400 IP.

Champs I Don't Have:

450 RP:
    Poppy
    Nunu
    Ashe
    Yi
    Soraka

1350 RP:
    Sion
    Singed
    Taric
    Mundo

3150 is the point at which it's reasonable not to own a champion if you're planning to play ranked or arranged team stuff; there's a certain basic level of role-filling you might end up needing to do, and the cheap ones cover that. An exception can be made if you completely hate a champion for some reason, but it's going to confuse some folks.

then there's Udyr. buy Udyr

PSN: JesterKing13 Blizz Battletag: tehjester#1448
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Always buy Udyr.

There is no reason for anyone not to have Udyr.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    I'm trying out the new spectator mode on the PBE now. It's really good.

4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Always buy Udyr.

There is no reason for anyone not to have Udyr.

Udyr has a wang. There's your reason.

In other news, HoN is switching their f2p stuff to a stock set of 30 always-free champions with no rotation. Something like that might be really good for LoL, as it gives new players a standard set of champs to learn. Only problem is that Riot would probably just do all the 450s and 1350s, giving new players Yi but not ad carry 101 in Graves.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    EG most retarded team I have ever seen.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    I'll play support in solo que, but not with a top 3 pick. Had a great AD, shut down vayne and soraka. Sivir is lvl 6, me and soraka 5, while vayne is 3 or 4. ( I run xp for kills/assists on my support sona)

Olaf is 7/0/1 top. GG.

I like playing support because then I know the map will be warded. I also run CV, so we know where the enemy is. But by going support I've taken myself out of a chance to win a lane, and help others win lane. If I go AD I can get super fed and maybe gank other lanes. If I play mid I can try to shut down top and gank, and same thing top. I know with certain roles, I don't necessarily have to win the lane. Deny CS and CS myself and I'm good. If I'm having a hard time or have a bad matchup I can play passive and farm next to towers.

Yet some people don't understand. How do you die 5 times in 10 minutes? Ward, always ward, and play passively if need be. Find ways to push the lane and B when it's safe. Lose the tower if need be, but don't give up 5-7 deaths.

We had Bot won so hard, but a fed olaf mid game is just scary.

I don't understand how these people made it to 30. And I have no clue how they haven't learned that wards are a great 75G investment.

I feel like support is a great place to play to help win games and raise elo, as you do one of the most important jobs most solo que supports suck at, warding. And I've learned to play aggressive support. But then I see someone go 0/7/0 in lane and have like 35 CS at 10 min. and I know at the very worse I'd be 0/3/0 but be close/tied/ahead in CS.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    one of those games where no one built defense so it came down to who can kill each other first

clipboard01fm.jpg

my Q would do 1/3 of someone's health, minimum

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    I do not own Soraka and I never will. Because zzz.

I'm just not one of those people who find anything in her kit 'fun' to play, and I loathe to play against her in lane. I will not contribute to the spread of Soraka. Will play Janna, Sona and Leona any time, any day, though.

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    i hear some of you guys are pretty baller

cWPVk.jpg

im pretty baller myself

This discussion has been closed.