As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends]: It's something to do when Diablo 3 is down.

• Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Man I love jungle Mao. @ 3:45 I can gank mid at lvl 4. Aw Chyeah.
    Jars wrote: »
    I really wish people would stop playing kayle until her re-re-make
    Totally, except I've been lucky and had everyone on the other teams pick her in ranked. So it's actually worked out really well for me.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    For the record, I bought Ashe and Taric last night, then played a few Taric games.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    you know what is fun? dropping a rumble ult on top of an amumu ult

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I've actually seen AD carry Kayle work really well, but then in that game my team didn't have an AD carry of our own...

On a support-related topic, did I miss a memo about the viability of CV? Every time I take it on a support, people tell me that it's useless and I should be running exhaust + flash instead. Then the game actually starts and those same people are asking me to CV a target every two or three minutes.

My general impression is that CV is great if you know how to keep track of the enemy jungler, flash is generally amazing and can set up great ults for supports like Janna, and exhaust is useful if you want to be slightly more offensive or shut down a single enemy.

• Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    I've actually seen AD carry Kayle work really well, but then in that game my team didn't have an AD carry of our own...

On a support-related topic, did I miss a memo about the viability of CV? Every time I take it on a support, people tell me that it's useless and I should be running exhaust + flash instead. Then the game actually starts and those same people are asking me to CV a target every two or three minutes.

My general impression is that CV is great if you know how to keep track of the enemy jungler, flash is generally amazing and can set up great ults for supports like Janna, and exhaust is useful if you want to be slightly more offensive or shut down a single enemy.
    It got nerfed a while back but I still take it 90% of the time when I support.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    solo top kayle is A Thing that you see sometimes but most people aren't Rincent and therefore it doesn't work out so well as it does when he does it

• Options
    sabyulsabyul Registered User regular
    I really like bringing CV on support Blitzcrank to help me hook around corners and through walls.

http://www.frame-advantage.com - Specializing in high quality fighting game video content
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    It's a gamble to not run CV sometimes especially with a lot of people actually going for jungle invades. That said, the security of having Exhaust to either deter an engagement or secure a kill is pretty vital on certain supports.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    they are doing another dominion thing tonight

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

CV doesn't do anything if you don't take advantage of it, basically. It's alot harder to misuse an Exh/Heal

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    i tend to carry a lot harder when i play this game sober
    L3g8e.jpg

weird

• Options
    HaitouHaitou The Shoes of Jerk Registered User regular
    7yk2u.jpg

Fun game. Amumu can still hold it down, especially with Kennen to back him up.

Also Olaf simply gave no fucks.

LoL: Jerkshoes
    D3: Jerkshoes#1129
  • Options
    I won a bunch of games with vlad+kennen+amumu in season 1

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Joe K wrote: »
    9 people in a game that don't know how to play Shen

it's possible

what is there to know?

vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade oh hey mid is getting ganked PRESS R vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade

yeh... its not like i even needed to trade with someone higher... he wasnt banned or picked before last pick... that's some mighty fine.. something.

oh, and our team had an early veigar pick, which is hugely counterable... do they counter with a ryze, kassadin, etc? nope. apparently idiots all around.

Counter-pick Veigar? I've never heard of such ridiculousness.
    Once my Q gets over 100 cs on it, I'll burst most everybody down pretty quickly. Funny enough, had 2 games in a row as Veigar mid, and enemy team picked Karthus both times, and both times pushed mid hard. Made farming Q easy-peasy.
    Now, only if we didn't lose a man in that second game...

Kennen counters veigar incredibly hard. He's just plain better in every way for the first 10 minutes of the game, and a lot of little things helps him really hurt Veigar.

• Options
    Joe K wrote: »
    9 people in a game that don't know how to play Shen

it's possible

what is there to know?

vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade oh hey mid is getting ganked PRESS R vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade vorpal blade

yeh... its not like i even needed to trade with someone higher... he wasnt banned or picked before last pick... that's some mighty fine.. something.

oh, and our team had an early veigar pick, which is hugely counterable... do they counter with a ryze, kassadin, etc? nope. apparently idiots all around.

Counter-pick Veigar? I've never heard of such ridiculousness.
    Once my Q gets over 100 cs on it, I'll burst most everybody down pretty quickly. Funny enough, had 2 games in a row as Veigar mid, and enemy team picked Karthus both times, and both times pushed mid hard. Made farming Q easy-peasy.
    Now, only if we didn't lose a man in that second game...

Kennen counters veigar incredibly hard. He's just plain better in every way for the first 10 minutes of the game, and a lot of little things helps him really hurt Veigar.
    Morgana beats him for obvious reasons, if she got through bans.

Or just pick an anti-mage like Talon.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Things I think of in the bathtub!

What happens if WW ults someone and Gragas hits the ulted guy with his R?

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    He gets displaced. WW will continue autoattacking and doing damage but he won't move. The damage stops if the target gets launched far enough.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Things I think of in the bathtub!

What happens if WW ults someone and Gragas hits the ulted guy with his R?

warwick keeps slashing at the empty air, it continues to do damage, the target DOES get relocated and still can't move until infinite duress runs out

• Options
    I accidentally had to play jax today. dominated, buuuut not as fun as the old jax

• Options
    I really don't understand what drives someone to take jungle Skarner after the enemy team took GP in response to first pick Malz.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    So, I just had the best game as Ashe.

I was farming bottom, when a team-fight erupts mid(4v4). I launch my arrow mid, thinking, well, at least I can help my team.

I'm not paying attention, when suddenly I start paying attention, and I notice malzahar is bottom trying to gank me. But he's stunned.

He ate my arrow. Then he died. It was fun.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I've been enjoying Ashe lately, and I'm tempted to pick up her Woad skin. Just saying.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    is triple support a thing?

clipboard01jyi.jpg

...no

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular

...no

didn`t you see/hear all about "protect the kog maw"

• Options
    clearly they needed wukong top

• Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Dignitas used it twice and crushed CLG with it.

Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    Seriously though, where the hell is AstroNautilus? This should have been a day one thing.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Why haven't I bought Olaf yet

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular

Because, while fun, he is also p boring

qFN53.png
  • Options
    Trus wrote: »

Because, while fun, he is also p boring
    There is nothing boring about introducing true damage to someone's face whenever they try and last hit.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular

...no

Not seeing the third support.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options

...no

Not seeing the third support.
    I'm assuming he means Nidalee for her heal.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    ap nid is supporty. not as much as she used to be when you could bomb 1000 hp heals, but still a 60% as buff in vayne.

Jars on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Man I love this absolutely infuriating game, it's ridiculously masochistic. This guy calls top in ranked. Picks Morde. As soon as the match starts he says, "Hey I'm kind of a Morde noob btw. I don't play him often." And then complains the rest of the match about sucking, and blames everything on the rest of the team and continues to reinforce that we should have done better since he's barely played morde... *tears hair out*
    infuriatingmorde.png

Prospicience on
  • Options
    oh man. picks got screwy for some reason, and I almost got to jungle rumble. but someone dodged.

• Options
    Sheen on Morde? That's kinda strange.
    Lichbane is semicommon on him.

• Options
    Future BluesFuture Blues Registered User regular
    Sheen on Morde? That's kinda strange.

Xbox Live: No Reply
    Steam: Jacobontap
    LoL: FutureBlues
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    Possibly had the best renekton game of my life, and it wasn't because of me.
    History: We play a team that's essentially 'give teemo madreds and tank for him.' I was an ad carry (vayne) and i just fucking crumble because I am bad at this game. We have a WW top vs an akali who gets wrecked, and Jerk Shoes running orianna mid vs a kennen. He does well, but since all the lanes fail, and we have haargad jungling as rammus with no where to gank, we lose hard.
    I decide in the next game to Renekton. We face the exact same team, with the exact same enemy comp. They apologize to us for the loss we're about to have, and we poke fun at how bad we are. Differences this game, I'm vs Akali top, and Arikado can actually AD. I beat down akali for first blood about 1 second before our support gets nailed by a grab and dies. I start out csing akali, but not by much. Jerkshoes is doing his thing vs kennen mid, and then we start teamfighting. Teemo is a tanky unkilllable bastard. We're a little demoralized. I then get my Maw, my Frozen Mallet, and say 'We initiate on them. We kill Akali and Teemo, then deal with the rest of them.' My teammates nod at the plan, we go to work. Haargad nails a beautiful taunt on their akali at dragon, I go in and stun/q/shred half their team. Teemo goes down, Akali goes down, I die. Arikado goes in and nails Blitz and Kennen, with Xin escaping.

We get initated on 4v5, and we lose myself, sona, and I think hargaad. They grab baron. I get a chain vest, and tell my team to follow me. We catch them at dragon again, except they are 4, kennen is back. We initiate and murder them, with myself going down.

I grab GA, proceed to become an unkillable dick that pumps out like 600 damage every 4 seconds with a stun.

League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Ryze reworks make me nervous.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Mundo vs Renekton top. Fun game though I got pretty zoned, but I never died during laning.

How do you guys build Mundo solo top? I was pretty uncertain and built him mostly like I do support bot, except starting with boots and pots instead.

This discussion has been closed.