As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E] Dragon Slayers: Contra End Boss Phase [IC Thread]

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Gasp. Cough.

Alénthian pushes himself to his feet, and his battered wings extend fully, beating the air powerfully as they regain some of their radiance and lustre.

Glare.

The Eladrin fixes his gaze on the dragon, and levels his spear. Corellon's chosen shoots towards his target like a bolt of divine lightning, gashing the creature's side deeply. The edges of the wound glow, burn, then blacken and rot.

He comes to rest by Amon'kul's side, and lays a hand on the Tiefling's shoulder.

"This beast surely has teeth," the Avenger states, catching his breath gradually.

Actions:
    Move Action: Stand the fuck up.

Standard Action: Charge via J12, with Overwhelming Strike
    --> 2d20k1+21+2+1: 38 - Hit
    --> 2d10+14+5+2+2d6+4 44 2d10+14+5+2+2d6+4 32 - 44 Radiant and Necrotic damage
    --> Shift to I12
    --> After the attack, shift to H10

No Action: Take Uncontained Lightning damage :(

Stats:
    Instinctive Lightning
    Alénthian (H10) 30/124 hp; AC 31; F 24, R 27, W 28: [AP 0; Surges 4/9] - 1 to all defenses while at full HP Fly Speed 6; Bloodied.
    Zedath (H16) 53/106 hp; AC 27; F 27, R 28, W 32 [AP 1; Surges 3/9] - Resist 13 necrotic and 13 radiant. Resist 10 Lightning UEOE. +1 to defenses against attacks made by bloodied creatures, +4 to AC against OAs made while my Spirit Companion is present.Bloodied.
    Mazdrah (Spirit Companion) (M13) 26 HP*; AC 29; F 29, R 30, W 34 - Faces of the Fallen
    Voldothin (G3-I5) 139/756hp; AC 34; F 33, R 30, W 30 [AP 0; Resist 15 lightning] - Oathed - Alénthian; Bloodied![/b] Uncontained Lightning (aura 5, enemies ending their turn within take 10 lightning damage). Weakened (Faces of the Fallen.), Restrained (EONT Evanche)
    Evanche (F16) 36/89 hp; AC 29; F 26, R 24, W 31 [AP 0; Surges 8/10] - Immune: Blinded , Resist: 10 Cold 13 Fire 5 Psychic, 5 Poison +2 Saving Throws v Charm/Fear, +3 Saving Throws v Daze/Stun/Dominate, +2 All Defenses v Creatures Subject to My Effects
    Amon'Kul (I10) 120/148hp; AC 34; F 32, R 29, W 29 [AP 0; Surges 9/12] - Resist: 10 Cold, 18 Fire, 10 Thunder, Diabolic Transformation (Regen 4, +2 Damage, Bloodhunt increased to +2), Grim Isolation (+2 to defenses while no ally adjacent)
    Kothargix (O16) 74/106 hp; AC 29; F 25, R 23, W 31 [AP 1; Surges 9/10] - Resist: 25 Lightning, Resist 10 Thunder. +2 Defenses vs. Traps, +1 Defenses vs. Ranged, Area & Close attacks. +1 bonus to attack rolls with powers that deal Thunder damage; Dragon Revenge

Note: Dark rock squares (eg J1) slope upwards and require athletics checks to climb. Areas past them are raised 3 squares above ground level.
    Plants are difficult terrain and provide cover.

Up Next: Zedath

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Zedath sends the last of his healing magic swirling around the eladrin, hoping that the fight would end soon. For a moment, he thought he was getting too old for this.

Banishing the thought from his mind, the deva aims his totem at the dragon. A small mote of brilliant white light forms at the tip of the tribal implement. After a moment, an arc of blinding energy streams forth from the totem and crashes into Voldothin, who is overcome by the sheer intensity of the light.

Actions:
    Move Action: to H12. Mazdrah moves to H6. Voldothin is weakened by Faces of the Fallen until the start of his next turn.

Minor Action: Healing Spirit on Alénthian. He may spend a HS and get back an additional 2 + 4 hit points. He also has +2 AC and REF until the start of Alénthian's next turn. Amon'Kul gains 11 HP back.

Standard: Spirit of Cleansing Light vs Voldothin (30): 1d20+19+2 35 3d6+9 19 radiant damage.

There's some ST stuff that could happen, but no one needs that at the moment.

Stats:
    Instinctive Lightning
    Alénthian (H10) 67/124 hp; AC 31; F 24, R 27, W 28: [AP 0; Surges 3/9] - 1 to all defenses while at full HP Fly Speed 6; +2 AC and REF until the start of Alénthian's next turn..
    Zedath (H12) 53/106 hp; AC 27; F 27, R 28, W 32 [AP 0; Surges 3/9] - Resist 13 necrotic and 13 radiant. Resist 10 Lightning UEOE. +1 to defenses against attacks made by bloodied creatures, +4 to AC against OAs made while my Spirit Companion is present.Bloodied.
    Mazdrah (Spirit Companion) (M13) 26 HP*; AC 29; F 29, R 30, W 34 - Faces of the Fallen
    Voldothin (G3-I5) 120/756hp; AC 34; F 33, R 30, W 30 [AP 0; Resist 15 lightning] - Oathed - Alénthian; Bloodied![/b] Uncontained Lightning (aura 5, enemies ending their turn within take 10 lightning damage). Weakened (Faces of the Fallen.), Restrained (EONT Evanche)
    Evanche (F16) 36/89 hp; AC 29; F 26, R 24, W 31 [AP 0; Surges 8/10] - Immune: Blinded , Resist: 10 Cold 13 Fire 5 Psychic, 5 Poison +2 Saving Throws v Charm/Fear, +3 Saving Throws v Daze/Stun/Dominate, +2 All Defenses v Creatures Subject to My Effects
    Amon'Kul (I10) 120/148hp; AC 34; F 32, R 29, W 29 [AP 0; Surges 9/12] - Resist: 10 Cold, 18 Fire, 10 Thunder, Diabolic Transformation (Regen 4, +2 Damage, Bloodhunt increased to +2), Grim Isolation (+2 to defenses while no ally adjacent)
    Kothargix (O16) 74/106 hp; AC 29; F 25, R 23, W 31 [AP 1; Surges 9/10] - Resist: 25 Lightning, Resist 10 Thunder. +2 Defenses vs. Traps, +1 Defenses vs. Ranged, Area & Close attacks. +1 bonus to attack rolls with powers that deal Thunder damage; Dragon Revenge

Note: Dark rock squares (eg J1) slope upwards and require athletics checks to climb. Areas past them are raised 3 squares above ground level.

Up Next: Voldothin

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Haunted and imprisoned as he is, Voldothin nevertheless manages to bring his claws to bear on the sorcerer. Kobold blood fizzes under the electric heat of the dragon.

Actions:
    Breath recharge: fail

Standard: Claw vs AC
    vs Kothargix- 42 hit for 18 damage.
    vs Kothargix- 43 hit for 13 damage.

Map:
    8oZ63BR.jpg

Stats:
    Instinctive Lightning
    Alénthian (H10) 67/124 hp; AC 31; F 24, R 27, W 28: [AP 0; Surges 3/9] - 1 to all defenses while at full HP Fly Speed 6; +2 AC and REF until the start of Alénthian's next turn..
    Zedath (H12) 53/106 hp; AC 27; F 27, R 28, W 32 [AP 0; Surges 3/9] - Resist 13 necrotic and 13 radiant. Resist 10 Lightning UEOE. +1 to defenses against attacks made by bloodied creatures, +4 to AC against OAs made while my Spirit Companion is present.Bloodied.
    Voldothin (G3-I5) 120/756hp; AC 34; F 33, R 30, W 30 [AP 0; Resist 15 lightning] - Oathed - Alénthian; Bloodied![/b] Uncontained Lightning (aura 5, enemies ending their turn within take 10 lightning damage). Weakened (Faces of the Fallen.), Restrained (EONT Evanche)
    Kothargix (O16) 43/106 hp; AC 29; F 25, R 23, W 31 [AP 1; Surges 9/10] - Resist: 25 Lightning, Resist 10 Thunder. +2 Defenses vs. Traps, +1 Defenses vs. Ranged, Area & Close attacks. +1 bonus to attack rolls with powers that deal Thunder damage; Dragon Revenge

Up Next: Evanche, Kothargix and Amon'Kul

• Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Kothargix has had enough of this blue dragon. All of his rage at his, and his entire clans, treatment at the hands of thier former overlord flows out of him along with his life's blood. A punishing downdraft whooshes from above and pummels Voldothin's already battered body. His bulk deforms from the force and ribs are shattered and vital organs are ruptured. A great spurt of blood gushes forth from its maw and Voldothin slams into the ground with a thunderous crash.

The same wind picks up Kothargix and carries him aloft around the dragon's prone form so that Kothargix and look his foe in the eyes. Desperate not to let Voldothin see how much pain he is in, Kothargix unleashes yet another of his magics. Albiet, one of his minor ones as his power has been sorely depleted this day. A gout of flames washed over the dragon, burning it fiercely. Koth relishes its wails of agony as he limps his way over towards Evanche.

Nonetheless, while Voldothin is not dead yet, Kothargix can taste thier victory. And it is delicious.

Actions:
    Voldothin takes some retributive damage from Dragons Revenge = 2#1d10+3 = 4+8 = 12 lightning damage for attacking Koth's AC

Immediate Reaction upon becoming Bloodied: Ring of the Dragonborn Emperor (Cast an unused encounter power. Does not count as a use of that power.) Downbeat of Wings vs Fort = CRIT!!! for 41 damage plus 22 from my weapon = 63 damage! Voldothin would be pushed if he wasn't restrained, and also falls prone. Kothargix shifts to L17

Koth's Turn:
    Start of turn: Resist 10 Lightning Damage
    Standard: Downbeat of Wings vs. Fort = Miss! - Rats. And that was my last encounter power, and I'm out of dailies too.
    Action Point! Burning Spray vs. Reflex = HIT!!! for 33 fire damage
    Move: Move to F17
    Minor: Size up his teeth

Stats:
    Instinctive Lightning
    Voldothin (G3-I5) 12/756hp; AC 34; F 33, R 30, W 30 [AP 0; Resist 15 lightning] - Oathed - Alénthian; Bloodied![/b] Uncontained Lightning (aura 5, enemies ending their turn within take 10 lightning damage). Weakened (Faces of the Fallen.), Restrained (EONT Evanche), Prone
    Kothargix (M19) 43/106 hp; AC 29; F 25, R 23, W 31 [AP 0; Surges 9/10] - Resist: 25 Lightning, Resist 10 Thunder. +2 Defenses vs. Traps, +1 Defenses vs. Ranged, Area & Close attacks. +1 bonus to attack rolls with powers that deal Thunder damage; Dragon Revenge, Bloodied

Up Next: Evanche, Amon'Kul

• Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Amon'kul walks over to the gasping, kneeling dragon. As he delivers the kill stroke, a diabolic voice rumbles from his chest, "So much for being a god." Flicking the dragon icor from his blade he looks around to see how his companions have fared.

As the adrenaline from the combat ends, the infernal aura that has surrounded him fades.

"Well done everyone."

Actions:
    Harrying Assault vs AC: 1d20+22+2+2 37 2d8+17+2 23-Hit! Dead!

Stats:
    Instinctive Lightning
    Voldothin (G3-I5) 12/756hp; AC 34; F 33, R 30, W 30 [AP 0; Resist 15 lightning] - Oathed - Alénthian; Bloodied![/b] Uncontained Lightning (aura 5, enemies ending their turn within take 10 lightning damage). Weakened (Faces of the Fallen.), Restrained (EONT Evanche), Prone
    Amon'Kul (I10) 124/148hp; AC 32; F 30, R 27, W 27 [AP 0; Surges 9/12] - Resist: 10 Cold, 13 Fire,10 Thunder
    Kothargix (M19) 43/106 hp; AC 29; F 25, R 23, W 31 [AP 0; Surges 9/10] - Resist: 25 Lightning, Resist 10 Thunder. +2 Defenses vs. Traps, +1 Defenses vs. Ranged, Area & Close attacks. +1 bonus to attack rolls with powers that deal Thunder damage; Dragon Revenge, Bloodied

Up Next: Treasure and then more Dragons!

Nealneal on
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    The blue dragon's splitting skin almost seems relieved to finally burst open under the combined assault. Tongues of lightning leap forth as if set free, flying not at the slayers but into the clouds above. Voldothin's corpse sags to the ground, burnt and broken.

When the cacophony of the dragon's demise fades, the slayers notice a gaggle of gremlins further up the path. Advancing with weapons drawn soon scares them off, though there is something left in a large sack. Opening it with caution, our heroes find a host of rare and exotic treasures- tribute perhaps? Maybe they could wrangle a little hospitality out of the strange creatures...
    Dragons Slain: 7

A little different this time, to keep things together. In this thread give me a post with:
    -your lvl 18 statblock
    -your 2 lvl 18 items
    -decision as to whether to rest or continue. You can discuss this in the OOC thread.

Grog on
  • Options
    Amon'Kul (I10) 155/155hp; AC 35; F 33, R 29, W 29 [AP 1; Surges 13/13] - Resist: 10 Cold, 14 Fire,10 Thunder

Greater Horn of Blasting (Lv. 17)
    Belt of Mountain Endurance

Amon'kul would like to continue, but understands if the others are spent.

• Options
    Rested Stat Line:
    Kothargix 111/111 hp; AC 30; F 28, R 27, W 33 [AP 1; Surges 10/10] - Resist: 25 Lightning; +2 Defenses vs. Traps, +1 Defenses vs. Ranged, Area & Close attacks

Level 18 picks:
    Armor of Sudden Recovery +4, Boots of Quickness

Kothargix would like to roast dragon flesh for dinner, collect teeth to one day fasten into a hat and sleep like he was still in the egg.

• Options
    Updated rested statlines:

Zedath 110/110 hp; AC 30; F 27, R 33, W 34 [AP 1; Surges 9/9] - Resist 14 necrotic and 14 radiant. +1 to defenses against attacks made by bloodied creatures.
    Mazdrah (Spirit Companion): (B9) 27 HP*; AC 32; F 29, R 35, W 36

Items:
    +4 Snakeskin Shared Spirit Armor
    Dimensional Stride Boots

Vote for rest! If that happens, I'm using Spirit Ride to confer the thunder bonus to @Steelhawk.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Alénthian 130/130 hp; AC 34; F 27, R 28, W 29: [AP 0; Surges 9/9] + 1 to all defenses while at full HP, Fly Speed 6

Items: +4 Thundergod Greatspear, Belt of Vim.

Stylish Eladrin needs rest... badly!

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Evanche 44/98 hp; AC 32; F 28, R 25, W 32 [AP 0; Surges 9/11] - Immune: Blinded , Resist: 10 Cold 14 Fire 5 Psychic, 5 Poison +2 Item Saving Throws v Charm/Fear, +3 Item Saving Throws v Daze/Stun/Dominate, +1 Item Saving Throws while Bloodied, +2 All Defenses v Creatures Subject to My Effects

Items: Greater Braidmail Armor of Eyes +3 , Fragment of the Eleventh Rack

I guess I can sleep, I used a fair amount of dailies.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Roasting fresh dragonsteaks over a campfire set up by the fearful gremlins, the slayers settle down to rest and recover from their wounds and exhaustion. Thankfully the rumbling thunder has ceased though the thick clouds still cling to the mountainside, obscuring the peak from view. Morning fails to yield a better view so our heroes press on. When they finally break through the fog even the most seasoned among them gasps at what they see.

A clutch of obsidian towers float in stark contrast to the plump clouds below, the sun gilding them in silver and gold. What look to be mammoth lengths of rope tether them to eachother and the mountaintop, but these architectural marvels are not what captures the slayers' gaze, but what rises below them. Streams of light warp and twist, rising inexorably toward the towers. Looking closer they can see distinct shapes in the flow, bodies and faces, and it takes a moment to realise that these are souls.

The distant roar of a dragon breaks their reverie, drawing the slayers' attention back to the towers. With a new determination they clamber up the giant cable, heading for the nearest spire. Close up they can see that the obsidian is carved with far less finesse than the halls below. Apparently they were built with function rather than form in mind.

Inside the lower tip of a spire, the slayers find the tower is almost entirely hollow. Dull light pulses from a lattice of glowing amber that rises through the centre, illuminating the black walls and dusty floor. A voice rings out in the confined space.

"Well finally. As fascinating as these soul traps are, watching them does get rather dull"

Claws screech against the black rock, skittering to a halt in a plume of dust. A row of immaculate white fangs shine out from an oily face the same colour as the walls as the black dragon continues in an equally oily drawl.

"But where are my manners? I am Umbramire. Now shall we see what this thing does with fresh souls?"

Map:
    kRKo00e.jpg
    Roll Initiative and your choice of Perception, Arcana, or Religion.

Then pick a spot on the map anywhere on rows 12 or 13.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    "You are thinking of donating yours to the cause?" the Eladrin asks, drifting slowly towards one corner of the spire's hollow chamber. "Because really, I think that your putrid essence would pollute this entire monstrosity you have going here. It may even break the whole affair."

Alénthian levels his spear at the serpent, and spins the shaft, causing light to glitter from the rapidly moving spearhead.
    Initiative: 2d20k1+14 24

Perception: 1d20+28 40

Alénthian will start off in M12.

I guess the lighter squares are the ones letting the light in, or is there some other significance?

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    "I agree. It will be very embarrassing when you're the one whose corpse will fuel the trap, lizard." Zedath adjusts his armor and tries his best to look bored in the presence of the haughty dragon.
    Initiative: 1d20+20 31

Religion: 1d20+16 23

K13 for me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kothargix stands ready to face this mornings beast.

Initiative = 20

Arcana = 28

• Options
    edited February 2013
    "Another mouthy lizard with a inflated opinion of it's abilities."
    Perception: 1d20+16 34

Initiative: 1d20+11 15

Amon'Kul will await his doom in I12.

Nealneal on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    The tiefling curses audibly about something regardless a piece of armor left back in the previous treasure hoarde, but otherwise steps around the battlefield as much as she can before staring down the scaly beast.
    Initiative: 1d20+11 17

Perception: 1d20+18 22

B12 for me thanks.

Characters
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Not distracted by the dragon's honeyed words, Alénthian's keen eyes see that ghostly figures move in the jagged maze of crystalline shards. From his vantage point Amon'Kul also spies a blood-red hunk of crystal unlike the others, pulsing at the maze's centre.

"Huh! Your words wound me, good sirs!" Mock offence draws the slayers' attention back to the dragon. "Let us see if your blades are as sharp as your tongues..."

Umbramire's neck unfurls, whiplike, his jaws snapping at the eladrin. Though they close only on air, acidic spittle singes the Correllonian.

Actions:
    Instinctive Devouring
    Charge to L7-N9 and use Bite vs AC
    vs Alenthian- 27 miss! for 10 acid damage.

Umbramire
    vs Alenthian- 26 miss
    vs Alenthian- 31 miss

Map:
    mRbqUkx.jpg

Stats:
    Instinctive Devouring
    Umbramire (L7-N9) 712/712hp; AC 33; F 31, R 32, W 29 [AP 2; Resist 15 acid]
    Zedath (K13) 110/110 hp; AC 30; F 27, R 33, W 34 [AP 1; Surges 9/9] - Resist 14 necrotic and 14 radiant. +1 to defenses against attacks made by bloodied creatures.
    Mazdrah (Spirit Companion) (M13) 27 HP*; AC 32; F 29, R 35, W 36
    Alénthian (L10) 120/130 hp; AC 34; F 27, R 28, W 29: [AP 1; Surges 9/9] + 1 to all defenses while at full HP, Fly Speed 6
    Kothargix (G13) 111/111 hp; AC 30; F 28, R 27, W 33 [AP 1; Surges 10/10] - Resist: 25 Lightning; +2 Defenses vs. Traps, +1 Defenses vs. Ranged, Area & Close attacks
    Evanche (B12) 98/98 hp; AC 32; F 28, R 25, W 32 [AP 1; Surges 11/11] - Immune: Blinded , Resist: 10 Cold 14 Fire 5 Psychic, 5 Poison +2 Item Saving Throws v Charm/Fear, +3 Item Saving Throws v Daze/Stun/Dominate, +1 Item Saving Throws while Bloodied, +2 All Defenses v Creatures Subject to My Effects
    Amon'Kul (I12) 155/155hp; AC 35; F 33, R 29, W 29 [AP 1; Surges 13/13] - Resist: 10 Cold, 14 Fire,10 Thunder

Note: Amber squares are blocking terrain that reach up to the ceiling.

Up Next: Slayers

Grog on
  • Options
    Kothargix falls into his magic and casts a protective dweomer over him and his allies, one designed to protect from the harmful effects of a particular dragon. In this case, the acidic bite of a black dragon.

Another spells lashes out, this one designed to hurt. A ball of frost shoots out from Koth's outstretched dagger, impacting the Black on its flank and freezing both the scales and the flesh beneath! Umbramire recoils from the hit, taking a step back.

Kothargix cautiously moves into the crystalline structure...

Actions:
    Minor: Comrades Mantle - Everyone gains Resist 5 Acid.
    Standard: Dragonfrost vs. Fort = HIT!!! for 30 Cold Damage and I push the dragon back one square. Also my Spellfury kicks in (+1 to hit until EONT & 4 THP).
    Move: Move to H9

Stats:
    Instinctive Devouring
    Umbramire (L7-N9) 682/712hp; AC 33; F 31, R 32, W 29 [AP 2; Resist 15 acid]
    Zedath (K13) 110/110 hp; AC 30; F 27, R 33, W 34 [AP 1; Surges 9/9] - Resist 14 necrotic and 14 radiant and 5 Acid. +1 to defenses against attacks made by bloodied creatures.
    Alénthian (L10) 120/130 hp; AC 34; F 27, R 28, W 29: [AP 1; Surges 9/9] - Resist 5 Acid + 1 to all defenses while at full HP, Fly Speed 6
    Kothargix (G13) (THP: 4) 111/111 hp; AC 30; F 28, R 27, W 33 [AP 1; Surges 10/10] - Resist: 25 Lightning, 10 Thunder, 5 Acid; +2 Defenses vs. Traps, +1 Defenses vs. Ranged, Area & Close attacks, +1 Thunder Attacks, Spellfury
    Evanche (B12) 98/98 hp; AC 32; F 28, R 25, W 32 [AP 1; Surges 11/11] - Immune: Blinded , Resist: 10 Cold 14 Fire 5 Psychic, 5 Poison, 5 Acid +2 Item Saving Throws v Charm/Fear, +3 Item Saving Throws v Daze/Stun/Dominate, +1 Item Saving Throws while Bloodied, +2 All Defenses v Creatures Subject to My Effects
    Amon'Kul (I12) 155/155hp; AC 35; F 33, R 29, W 29 [AP 1; Surges 13/13] - Resist: 10 Cold, 14 Fire,10 Thunder, 5 Acid

Up Next: Slayers

• Options
    Alénthian steps forward, taking to the air as he does so. The Eladrin tilts his spearhead, catching the amber light for a moment, then slashes at the Wyrm. The flat of the blade strikes the dragon's snout, and sympathetic vibrations radiate from the weapon.

"Oh, I must apologise. The sharpness of my weapon is still something you have yet to find out about," Alénthian retorts, as Umbramire starts to feel the Eladrin's prayer weigh down his limbs with leaden ripples.

Actions:
    Move to K10

Minor Action: Oath of Enmity

Standard Action: Blade of Repulsion (Diceroll says Menacing Presence, sorry)
    --> 2d20k1+23+2: 34
    --> 3d10+15+5 44 Radiant and Necrotic Damage
    --> Effect: Until the end of the encounter, when any enemy that is not your oath of enmity target ends its turn adjacent to you, you can push that enemy 3 squares as a free action. In addition, if the target of your oath of enmity ends its turn adjacent to you, it is slowed until the end of its next turn.

Stats:
    Instinctive Devouring
    Umbramire (L7-N9) 638/712hp; AC 33; F 31, R 32, W 29 [AP 2; Resist 15 acid], Oath of Enmity
    Zedath (K13) 110/110 hp; AC 30; F 27, R 33, W 34 [AP 1; Surges 9/9] - Resist 14 necrotic and 14 radiant and 5 Acid. +1 to defenses against attacks made by bloodied creatures.
    Alénthian (K10) 120/130 hp; AC 34; F 27, R 28, W 29: [AP 1; Surges 9/9] - Resist 5 Acid + 1 to all defenses while at full HP, +2 AC/Ref until hit on either Defense, Fly Speed 6, Blade of Repulsion
    Kothargix (G13) (THP: 4) 111/111 hp; AC 30; F 28, R 27, W 33 [AP 1; Surges 10/10] - Resist: 25 Lightning, 10 Thunder, 5 Acid; +2 Defenses vs. Traps, +1 Defenses vs. Ranged, Area & Close attacks, +1 Thunder Attacks, Spellfury
    Evanche (B12) 98/98 hp; AC 32; F 28, R 25, W 32 [AP 1; Surges 11/11] - Immune: Blinded , Resist: 10 Cold 14 Fire 5 Psychic, 5 Poison, 5 Acid +2 Item Saving Throws v Charm/Fear, +3 Item Saving Throws v Daze/Stun/Dominate, +1 Item Saving Throws while Bloodied, +2 All Defenses v Creatures Subject to My Effects
    Amon'Kul (I12) 155/155hp; AC 35; F 33, R 29, W 29 [AP 1; Surges 13/13] - Resist: 10 Cold, 14 Fire,10 Thunder, 5 Acid

Up Next: Other Slayers

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    "I'm in a good mood this morning wyrm, try not to annoy me too much and I'll make this fast,"
    says Amon'Kul as he moves up to the dragon. He swings twice, momentarily dazing the dragon with the first, but failing to penetrate the beast's hide with the second.

Actions:
    Move to M10

Standard Action: Bash and Pummel vs AC (First Swing): 1d20+24 33 1d8+18 20- Umbramire is Marked! Umbramire is Dazed! Amon'kul is Invigorated (4 THP)

Bash and Pummel vs AC (Second Swing): 1d20+24+2 31 1d8+18+2 26

Prepping Guardian's Counter in case someone else is hit, and Guardian's Counter if I can't switch places.

Stats:
    Instinctive Devouring
    Umbramire (L7-N9) 618/712hp; AC 33; F 31, R 32, W 29 [AP 2; Resist 15 acid], Oath of Enmity, Marked! (-3 to hit anyone but Amon'kul)(EoNT- Amon'kul), Dazed (EoNT- Amon'kul)
    Alénthian (K10) 120/130 hp; AC 34; F 27, R 28, W 29: [AP 1; Surges 9/9] - Resist 5 Acid + 1 to all defenses while at full HP, +2 AC/Ref until hit on either Defense, Fly Speed 6, Blade of Repulsion
    Amon'Kul (M10) (4 THP) 155/155hp; AC 35; F 33, R 29, W 29 [AP 1; Surges 13/13] - Resist: 10 Cold, 14 Fire,10 Thunder, 5 Acid

Up Next: Other Slayers

Nealneal on
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Mazdrah swirls into existence above the dazed dragon's head. Using the dragon's disorientation to his advantage, Zedath points his totem at the beast and whispers, "End your suffering, wyrm. Claw out the darkness and filth inside yourself and make this world a brighter place."

While Umbramine obeys Zedath's commands, Mazdrah's countenance begins to shift rapidly, distressing the black dragon and causing the brute to lose even more of its focus.

Actions:
    Free Action: Summon Mazdrah in M8 above Umbramire.

Standard: Hateful Binding vs Umbramire (29): 1d20+22+2 27 1d10+7 17

Seriously? Ok, Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes: 1d6 3

Huzzah, so he takes 17 damage, and @grog: he gets to make a basic attack against himself as a free action (which probably triggers some @Nealneal retribution).

Once that's resolved, I will:

Minor: Faces of the Fallen. Until the end of the encounter, an enemy that starts its turn adjacent to Mazdrah is weakened until the start of its next turn.

Stats:
    Instinctive Devouring
    Umbramire (L7-N9) 601/712hp; AC 33; F 31, R 32, W 29 [AP 2; Resist 15 acid], Oath of Enmity, Marked! (-3 to hit anyone but Amon'kul)(EoNT- Amon'kul), Dazed (EoNT- Amon'kul), Faces of the Fallen (Weakened).
    Mazdrah (Spirit Companion) (M8 - midair) 27 HP*; AC 32; F 29, R 35, W 36
    Amon'Kul (M10) (4 THP) 155/155hp; AC 35; F 33, R 29, W 29 [AP 1; Surges 13/13] - Resist: 10 Cold, 14 Fire,10 Thunder, 5 Acid

Up Next: Umbramire cuts himself to feel alive. Then, Other Slayers!

dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The dragon's serpentine neck bends unnaturally, razor fangs sinking into it's own hide.

"Ouch!"

Actions:
    Bite vs AC
    vs Umbramire- 35 hit for 17 damage and ongoing 10 acid (save ends)

Upon further review, this does in fact trigger combat challenge. Oy vey.

Stats:
    Instinctive Devouring
    Umbramire (L7-N9) 484/712hp; AC 33; F 31, R 32, W 29 [AP 2; Resist 15 acid], Oath of Enmity, Marked! (-3 to hit anyone but Amon'kul)(EoNT- Amon'kul), Dazed (EoNT- Amon'kul), Faces of the Fallen (Weakened after Hateful Binding attack is resolved.)

Up Next: Combat Challenge, then Evanche

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Seeing another opening, Amon'Kul slashes at the dragon.

Actions:
    Immediate Reaction: Combat Challenge-Melee Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+24+2 39 1d8+18 19- Hit!

Brutal Damage Reroll: 1d8+18 25

Stats:
    Instinctive Devouring
    Umbramire (L7-N9) 559/712hp; AC 33; F 31, R 32, W 29 [AP 2; Resist 15 acid], Oath of Enmity, Marked! (-3 to hit anyone but Amon'kul)(EoNT- Amon'kul), Dazed (EoNT- Amon'kul), Faces of the Fallen, Weakened
    Kothargix (H9) (THP: 4) 111/111 hp; AC 30; F 28, R 27, W 33 [AP 1; Surges 10/10] - Resist: 25 Lightning, 10 Thunder, 5 Acid; +2 Defenses vs. Traps, +1 Defenses vs. Ranged, Area & Close attacks, +1 Thunder Attacks, Spellfury

Up Next: Evanche

Nealneal on
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Evanche squints for a time, trying to find some way past all of these souls in order to target the dragon. With no solution in sight, she moves back toward the party until she can finally see the dragon and lets loose with a blinding glyph of light. While the rest of the party might need to shield their eyes, the dragon by far suffers the worst of it and is left blinking for quite some time under a field of white light. A call then goes out to a place of fire and purgatory, the form of a fallen angel with raven-black wings descending from above and slamming into the ground behind the foul creature. The party has seen this dual-branded ally before, but it seems to have grown at least three times in size since the last time Evanche called upon its aid. The smell of brimstone lingers upon the air (and the dragon who itself appears to be mildly smouldering).

Actions:
    Move Action: Move to G13.
    Standard Action: Glyph of Radiance (Area 1 within 10, Radiant) at M8 vs Will: 1d20+22+2 36 2d6+10 16 Radiant damage. Umbramire is Blinded until the end of my next turn.
    No Action - Hellfire Heart (on hitting an enemy with an attack): Umbramire takes 9 Fire damage and suffers -2 Attack Rolls that include Evanche until the start of my next turn.
    Minor Action: Summon my Demonbound in M5-N6. This is a Large demon with a Fly Speed of 6 (Hover) & Phasing. It has an attack of Melee 2 (one creature) thats deals 5 extra damage vs bloodied targets, and has stats listed below.
    Instinctive Effect: No bloodied creatures or party members within sight, so nothing happens :(

Stats:
    Instinctive Devouring
    Umbramire (L7-N9) 534/712hp; AC 33; F 31, R 32, W 29 [AP 2; Resist 15 acid], Oath of Enmity, Marked! (-3 to hit anyone but Amon'kul)(EoNT- Amon'kul), Dazed (EoNT- Amon'kul), Faces of the Fallen, Weakened, Blinded (EONT Evanche), -2 Attacks Including Evanche (SONT Evanche)
    Kothargix (H9) (THP: 4) 111/111 hp; AC 30; F 28, R 27, W 33 [AP 1; Surges 10/10] - Resist: 25 Lightning, 10 Thunder, 5 Acid; +2 Defenses vs. Traps, +1 Defenses vs. Ranged, Area & Close attacks, +1 Thunder Attacks, Spellfury
    Evanche (G13) 98/98 hp; AC 32; F 28, R 25, W 32 [AP 1; Surges 11/11] - Immune: Blinded , Resist: 10 Cold 14 Fire 5 Psychic, 5 Poison, 5 Acid +2 Item Saving Throws v Charm/Fear, +3 Item Saving Throws v Daze/Stun/Dominate, +1 Item Saving Throws while Bloodied, +2 All Defenses v Creatures Subject to My Effects
    Demonbound (M5-N6) 49/49 hp; AC 36; F 32, R 25, W 32 [Fly 6, Phasing]

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    While the sound of battle echoes around the tower, Kothargix finds shelter from the din among the glowing crystal maze. From this relatively serene vantage point he notices that the slick black walls have begun to stream with brackish water. Though it pools at the slayers' feet it seems there is some kind of incorporeal barrier that prevents it from entering the crevices between the crystals. This development, along with the sound of battle, distracts the diminutive dragonslayer from a dreadful snarl behind him...

"My, it is getting crowded in here!" Umbramire's tone still holds a cheerful menace, even as he glances nervously at Mazdrah floating above him. "Though I think we should reshuffle things, hmm?"

Leaving no time for rebuttal, the dragon emits a gout of corrosive breath, catching Amon'Kul with his jaws. When the cloud clears the slayers are shocked to find the creature has split in two! Both black dragons appear to move independently, leering at the slayers below them. Alenthian notices, however, that the water pooling at their feet is still disturbed in Umbramire's original position...

Actions:
    Instinctive Devouring
    Bite vs AC
    vs Amon'Kul- 36 hit for 14 damage and ongoing 10 acid (save ends)

Umbramire
    Standard: Breath Weapon vs Reflex (cblast 5, K10-N13)
    vs Alenthian- 33 hit for 2 acid damage and ongoing 15 acid (save ends)
    vs Amon'Kul- 32 hit for 2 acid damage and ongoing 15 acid (save ends)
    vs Zedath- Crit for 7 acid damage and ongoing 15 acid (save ends)

Action Point: ???

End of Turn: No longer dazed

Map:
    eNBqUbX.jpg

Stats:
    Instinctive Devouring
    Umbramire (L7-N9(<-invisible)/L11-N13/H11-J13) 534/712hp; AC 33; F 31, R 32, W 29 [AP 1; Resist 15 acid], Oath of Enmity, Marked! (-3 to hit anyone but Amon'kul)(EoNT- Amon'kul), Faces of the Fallen, Weakened, Blinded (EONT Evanche), -2 Attacks Including Evanche (SONT Evanche), Slowed, Invisible.
    Zedath (K13) 103/110 hp; AC 30; F 27, R 33, W 34 [AP 1; Surges 9/9] - Resist 14 necrotic and 14 radiant and 5 Acid. +1 to defenses against attacks made by bloodied creatures, ongoing 15 acid (save ends)
    Something Spooky
    Alénthian (K10) 118/130 hp; AC 34; F 27, R 28, W 29: [AP 1; Surges 9/9] - Resist 5 Acid + 1 to all defenses while at full HP, +2 AC/Ref until hit on either Defense, Fly Speed 6, Blade of Repulsion, ongoing 15 acid (save ends)
    Something Spooky
    Evanche (G13) 98/98 hp; AC 32; F 28, R 25, W 32 [AP 1; Surges 11/11] - Immune: Blinded , Resist: 10 Cold 14 Fire 5 Psychic, 5 Poison, 5 Acid +2 Item Saving Throws v Charm/Fear, +3 Item Saving Throws v Daze/Stun/Dominate, +1 Item Saving Throws while Bloodied, +2 All Defenses v Creatures Subject to My Effects
    Amon'Kul (M10) 143/155hp; AC 35; F 33, R 29, W 29 [AP 1; Surges 13/13] - Resist: 10 Cold, 14 Fire,10 Thunder, 5 Acid, ongoing 10 acid (save ends), ongoing 15 acid (save ends)

Water is pooling at your feet, but does not affect movement (yet).

Up Next: Zedath Then: Something Spooky?!?

• Options
    "An illusion!" hisses Alénthian. He points to the dragon's original position. "The water betrays the beast's true location."

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Zedath smiles at the Umbramire's new friends. The shaman snaps his fingers, and Mazdrah reappears next to his allies and the new dragons that have arrived.

"Two can play that game, fiend!" Zedath begins chanting, low at first but ever rising until his voice reverberating through the ears of all present. At its apex, he claps his hands at Mazdrah. The spirit nods and disappears.

From nowhere, a bolt of lightning crashes into the ground where Mazdrah once hovered. When the flash of light dissipates, a ghostly figure can be seen standing and surveying the scene. It almost looks bored. In a disinterested voice, the spirit asks, "Is this what becomes of me? A fighter of wyrms in muck and ooze? I would think I would have retired to a nice villa by now." The party and dragons can now see that the spirit looks like a faded version of Zedath, clothed in fine robes and fewer wrinkles.

The present Zedath gestures towards the dragons, huffing, "I don't really have time to discuss this; I need your help!"

The Zedath who once was sighs and replies, "Very well. Let me teach these dragons some manners." The spirit clasps its hands together, and a pulse of spectral energy sweeps over the room, bringing Umbramire back into focus and buffeting the dragon's mind. Zedath's allies feal bolstered by the second Zedath's presence.

Actions:
    Minor:Dismiss Mazdrah.

Free Action: Resummon Mazdrah in L10

Standard: Ancient Progenitor Spirit vs Clone 1, Clone 2, Umbramire (31) (Spirit Close Burst 2): 2#1d20+21 28 35 1d20+21+2 42 1d10+10 15

So, what I assume is still Umbramire takes 15 psychic damage and the one in L11 does as well.

Effect: Mazdrah disappears, and the burst creates a zone that lasts until the EOZedathNT. Enemies in the zone take a -2 penalty to attack rolls, and any enemy that ends its turn in the zone takes 5 psychic damage. It also has the following sustain feature:Sustain Minor: The zone persists until the end of your next turn.

In addition, everyone gets a +1 on attack rolls vs Real Umbramire and the lower right clone until the EOZedathNT. Everyone also gets 7 THP and can shift 1 square, if they so choose.

Free Action: Resummon Mazdrah in L10 (Faces of the Fallen still doing its jazz, in theory)

ST vs Acid: 1d20 13

Stats:
    Instinctive Devouring
    Umbramire (L7-N9(<-invisible)/L11-N13/H11-J13) 519/712hp; AC 33; F 31, R 32, W 29 [AP 1; Resist 15 acid], Oath of Enmity, Marked! (-3 to hit anyone but Amon'kul)(EoNT- Amon'kul), Faces of the Fallen, Weakened, Blinded (EONT Evanche), -2 Attacks Including Evanche (SONT Evanche), Slowed, Invisible. Grants combat advantage and cannot benefit from any concealment (save ends both).
    Zedath (K13) 93/110 hp; AC 30; F 27, R 33, W 34 [AP 1; Surges 9/9] - Resist 14 necrotic and 14 radiant and 5 Acid. +1 to defenses against attacks made by bloodied creatures.
    Something Spooky
    Alénthian (K10) 118+7 THP/130 hp; AC 34; F 27, R 28, W 29: [AP 1; Surges 9/9] - Resist 5 Acid + 1 to all defenses while at full HP, +2 AC/Ref until hit on either Defense, Fly Speed 6, Blade of Repulsion, ongoing 15 acid (save ends)
    Kothargix (H9) (THP: 4) 111+7 THP/111 hp; AC 30; F 28, R 27, W 33 [AP 1; Surges 10/10] - Resist: 25 Lightning, 10 Thunder, 5 Acid; +2 Defenses vs. Traps, +1 Defenses vs. Ranged, Area & Close attacks, +1 Thunder Attacks, Spellfury
    Something Spooky
    Evanche (G13) 98+7 THP/98 hp; AC 32; F 28, R 25, W 32 [AP 1; Surges 11/11] - Immune: Blinded , Resist: 10 Cold 14 Fire 5 Psychic, 5 Poison, 5 Acid +2 Item Saving Throws v Charm/Fear, +3 Item Saving Throws v Daze/Stun/Dominate, +1 Item Saving Throws while Bloodied, +2 All Defenses v Creatures Subject to My Effects
    Amon'Kul (M10) 143+7 THP/155hp; AC 35; F 33, R 29, W 29 [AP 1; Surges 13/13] - Resist: 10 Cold, 14 Fire,10 Thunder, 5 Acid, ongoing 10 acid (save ends), ongoing 15 acid (save ends)

Up Next:Then: Something Spooky?!?

dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    After the shaman's impressive show of force one of the visible dragons simply bursts into acidic slime, which hardly affects the slayers who are bolstered by spirit and arcana. Kothargix is not so lucky, however, when he finds himself face to face with the ghostly visage of a blue dragon.

"Thought you could escape me, wyrmling?" The apparitions jaws open to reveal a missing tooth before they clamp down around the sorceror, sapping his strength.

Actions:
    No Action (trigger- double is reduced to 0hp): Exploding Double vs Reflex (Close Burst 2 centered on double)
    vs Alenthian- 30 hit for 9 acid damage
    vs Zedath- 37 hit for 9 acid damage
    vs Amon'Kul- 27 miss for 2 acid damage.

Trapped Soul
    Ethereal Talons vs AC
    vs Kothargix- 32 hit for 22 damage and is weakened and slowed (save ends both)

Map:
    N7r02qM.jpg

Stats:
    Instinctive Devouring
    Umbramire (L7-N9(<-invisible)/L11-N13/H11-J13) 519/712hp; AC 33; F 31, R 32, W 29 [AP 1; Resist 15 acid], Oath of Enmity, Marked! (-3 to hit anyone but Amon'kul)(EoNT- Amon'kul), Faces of the Fallen, Weakened, Blinded (EONT Evanche), -2 Attacks Including Evanche (SONT Evanche), Slowed, Invisible. Grants combat advantage and cannot benefit from any concealment (save ends both).
    Zedath (K13) 84/110 hp; AC 30; F 27, R 33, W 34 [AP 1; Surges 9/9] - Resist 14 necrotic and 14 radiant and 5 Acid. +1 to defenses against attacks made by bloodied creatures.
    Trapped Soul
    Alénthian (K10) 116/130 hp; AC 34; F 27, R 28, W 29: [AP 1; Surges 9/9] - Resist 5 Acid + 1 to all defenses while at full HP, +2 AC/Ref until hit on either Defense, Fly Speed 6, Blade of Repulsion, ongoing 15 acid (save ends)
    Kothargix (H9) 100/111 hp; AC 30; F 28, R 27, W 33 [AP 1; Surges 10/10] - Resist: 25 Lightning, 10 Thunder, 5 Acid; +2 Defenses vs. Traps, +1 Defenses vs. Ranged, Area & Close attacks, +1 Thunder Attacks, Spellfury, weakened and slowed (save ends both)
    Trapped Soul
    Evanche (G13) 98+7 THP/98 hp; AC 32; F 28, R 25, W 32 [AP 1; Surges 11/11] - Immune: Blinded , Resist: 10 Cold 14 Fire 5 Psychic, 5 Poison, 5 Acid +2 Item Saving Throws v Charm/Fear, +3 Item Saving Throws v Daze/Stun/Dominate, +1 Item Saving Throws while Bloodied, +2 All Defenses v Creatures Subject to My Effects
    Amon'Kul (M10) 143+5 THP/155hp; AC 35; F 33, R 29, W 29 [AP 1; Surges 13/13] - Resist: 10 Cold, 14 Fire,10 Thunder, 5 Acid, ongoing 10 acid (save ends), ongoing 15 acid (save ends)

Up Next: Kothargix and Alenthian

• Options
    Alénthian's eyes gleam as he calls upon divine guidance. He flies up, and over the invisible wyrmbeast, then strikes hard, leaving a curse behind in the burning, rotting wound.

Umbramire feels the link between himself and the Eladrin, and knows that whereever he may run, Corellon's Chosen will be hard on his heels.Actions:
    Blade of Repulsion - Umbramire ends his turn adjacent to Alénthian, and is slowed until the end of its next turn.

Shift one square up as part of Zedath's thingie.

Ongoing Damage: 15 Acid (reduced to 3 - resistance + THP)

Minor Action: Eyes of Justice
    --> Alénthian can see Invisible targets within 5 squares until the end of his next turn.

Move Action: Aspect of Agility
    --> Alénthian shifts 5 squares to L6 (Flying)
    --> Alénthian gains +2 AC/Ref until the end of his next turn.

Standard Action: Inescapable Justice (with flanking)
    --> Shift 2 squares before the attack (definitely in L6 by now)
    --> 2d20k1+23+2+1: 35 - Hit
    --> 3d10+15+5 37 Radiant and Necrotic damage
    --> Until the end of the encounter or until you or the target drops to 0 hit points, whenever you start your turn 3 or more squares away from the target, you can teleport to a square within 3 squares of it as a free action.

Save vs Ongoing Acid Damage: 1d20 20
    Stats:
    Instinctive Devouring
    Umbramire (L7-N9(<-invisible)/L11-N13/H11-J13) 482/712hp; AC 33; F 31, R 32, W 29 [AP 1; Resist 15 acid], Oath of Enmity, Marked! (-3 to hit anyone but Amon'kul)(EoNT- Amon'kul), Faces of the Fallen, Weakened, Blinded (EONT Evanche), -2 Attacks Including Evanche (SONT Evanche), Slowed, Invisible. Grants combat advantage and cannot benefit from any concealment (save ends both).
    Zedath (K13) 84/110 hp; AC 30; F 27, R 33, W 34 [AP 1; Surges 9/9] - Resist 14 necrotic and 14 radiant and 5 Acid. +1 to defenses against attacks made by bloodied creatures.
    Trapped Soul
    Alénthian (L6) 113/130 hp; AC 34+2; F 27, R 28+2, W 29: [AP 1; Surges 9/9] - Resist 5 Acid + 1 to all defenses while at full HP, +2 AC/Ref until end of next turn (Aspect of Agility), Fly Speed 6, Blade of Repulsion, Inescapable Justice (free teleport to Umbramire at the start of turn if more than 3 squares away)
    Kothargix (H9) 100/111 hp; AC 30; F 28, R 27, W 33 [AP 1; Surges 10/10] - Resist: 25 Lightning, 10 Thunder, 5 Acid; +2 Defenses vs. Traps, +1 Defenses vs. Ranged, Area & Close attacks, +1 Thunder Attacks, Spellfury, weakened and slowed (save ends both)
    Trapped Soul
    Amon'Kul (M10) 143+5 THP/155hp; AC 35; F 33, R 29, W 29 [AP 1; Surges 13/13] - Resist: 10 Cold, 14 Fire,10 Thunder, 5 Acid, ongoing 10 acid (save ends), ongoing 15 acid (save ends)

Up Next: Kothargix!

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Kothargix winces at the jaws bite down more on his soul than his body. Still, our plucky little kobold has some teeth left of his own! Shaking off the debilitating effects of the chomp, Kothargix unleashes a fan of flames along with a witty comment!

"Didn't I kill you once already, you big blue so...and...so?" Kothargix's repartee trails off as the flames from his implements sputter and die out.

"Nuts."

Kothargix scurries deeper into the crystalline maze, towards its heart.

Actions:
    Silver Sky Tabard allows a save both at the start and the end of my turn: Save = The best save ever![url]
    Standard Action: Burning Spray = [/url]Worst attack roll ever!
    Minor: When the hell was Shifty nerfed? Gah! Shifty Maneuver can bite my tail!
    Move Action: Move to G6, away from the dragon

Stats:
    Instinctive Devouring
    Trapped Soul
    Alénthian (K10) 116/130 hp; AC 34; F 27, R 28, W 29: [AP 1; Surges 9/9] - Resist 5 Acid + 1 to all defenses while at full HP, +2 AC/Ref until hit on either Defense, Fly Speed 6, Blade of Repulsion, ongoing 15 acid (save ends)
    Kothargix (G6) 100/111 hp; AC 30; F 28, R 27, W 33 [AP 1; Surges 10/10] - Resist: 25 Lightning, 10 Thunder, 5 Acid; +2 Defenses vs. Traps, +1 Defenses vs. Ranged, Area & Close attacks, +1 Thunder Attacks,
    Trapped Soul

Up Next: Kothargix and Alenthian[/quote]

• Options
    When Kothargix draws nearer to the crimson crystal a reedy voice cries out from the ether. "No! That is the Master's! I'll flay your skin if you touch it!"

Dripping with blood that never touches the ground, the disembodied head of Tilvanik the Green snaps at the kobold. Though his will is strong, the birdlike strikes still cause some discomfort.

Actions:
    Trapped Soul
    Ethereal Talons Recharge- Failed

Ethereal Bite vs AC
    vs Kothargix- 36 hit for 12 damage.

Map:
    LwS8sLJ.jpg

Stats:
    Instinctive Devouring
    Umbramire (L7-N9(<-invisible)/L11-N13/H11-J13) 482/712hp; AC 33; F 31, R 32, W 29 [AP 1; Resist 15 acid], Oath of Enmity, Marked! (-3 to hit anyone but Amon'kul)(EoNT- Amon'kul), Faces of the Fallen, Weakened, Blinded (EONT Evanche), -2 Attacks Including Evanche (SONT Evanche), Slowed, Invisible. Grants combat advantage and cannot benefit from any concealment (save ends both).
    Trapped Soul
    Alénthian (L6) 113/130 hp; AC 34+2; F 27, R 28+2, W 29: [AP 1; Surges 9/9] - Resist 5 Acid + 1 to all defenses while at full HP, +2 AC/Ref until end of next turn (Aspect of Agility), Fly Speed 6, Blade of Repulsion, Inescapable Justice (free teleport to Umbramire at the start of turn if more than 3 squares away)
    Kothargix (G6) 88/111 hp; AC 30; F 28, R 27, W 33 [AP 1; Surges 10/10] - Resist: 25 Lightning, 10 Thunder, 5 Acid; +2 Defenses vs. Traps, +1 Defenses vs. Ranged, Area & Close attacks, +1 Thunder Attacks, Spellfury, weakened and slowed (save ends both)
    Trapped Soul

Up Next: The Tieflings

• Options
    edited March 2013
    "ENOUGH OF THESE TRICKS. SUBMIT!" Booms a thundering voice, echoing through the various pillars of souls that litter the battlefield. The clones waver but do not disperse as the rebuking shout washes over the dragon, causing him to flinch but otherwise not suffer any worse effects. For Evanche, however, the effect leaves her drained, but annoyance is a powerful motivator. She reaches within herself and draws upon the will to at least inconvenience the dragon as much as possible. A thundering chant follows the boom voice in a disjointed language containing aspects of Primordial when they become audible enough to make out. Soon after, three beams of light shoot down from the heavens above. One strikes the dragon's clone, burning it away like a vampire at sunrise. The second strikes the dragon himself, causing him to recoil under the blinding light. And the last strikes the ground beneath Umbramire's feat, spreading out to encompass a grand area, turning the ground into a glittering field of light which dances and glitters.

Actions:
    No Action: I Raise My Voice. My next divine attack power crits on 19-20 and creatures hit by it take -2 saving throws against any effects that have a save on it. I am Dazed until the end of my next turn.

Standard Action: Rebuke Undead (Close Blast 5, Divine, Dragons in Burst) vs Will [Clone, Dragon]: 2#1d20+22+2 26 27 4d10+10 36. Well...the clone takes no damage I'm assuming because it's a minion. Umbramire takes 18 damage.

Speaker of the Gods: My next divine attack power before the end of my next turn crits on 18-20.

Action Point: I gain +2 attack rolls with divine powers and increase the size of my bursts/blasts by 1, until the start of my next turn.

Standard Action: Three Beacons of Twilight (Area Burst 3 within 10, Divine, Enemies) at L9 vs Will: 1d20+22+2+2 41 4d6+10 22 Radiant damage. I forgot the clone's attack roll so here it is, 29. Umbramire takes 21 Radiant damage and the clone I presume is destroyed? In any event the burst creates a Burst 3 Zone of glimmering light that lasts until the end of the encounter. As a minor action, I can teleport a creature within the zone 5 squares.

Instinctive Action: No effects as there are no bloodied allies or enemies within range.

Stats:
    Instinctive Devouring
    Umbramire (L7-N9(<-invisible)/L11-N13/H11-J13) 443/712hp; AC 33; F 31, R 32, W 29 [AP 1; Resist 15 acid], Oath of Enmity, Marked! (-3 to hit anyone but Amon'kul)(EoNT- Amon'kul), Faces of the Fallen, Weakened, Slowed, Invisible. Grants combat advantage and cannot benefit from any concealment (save ends both).
    Trapped Soul
    Kothargix (G6) 88/111 hp; AC 30; F 28, R 27, W 33 [AP 1; Surges 10/10] - Resist: 25 Lightning, 10 Thunder, 5 Acid; +2 Defenses vs. Traps, +1 Defenses vs. Ranged, Area & Close attacks, +1 Thunder Attacks, Spellfury, weakened and slowed (save ends both)
    Trapped Soul
    Evanche (G13) 98+7 THP/98 hp; AC 32; F 28, R 25, W 32 [AP 0; Surges 11/11] - Immune: Blinded , Resist: 10 Cold 14 Fire 5 Psychic, 5 Poison, 5 Acid +2 Item Saving Throws v Charm/Fear, +3 Item Saving Throws v Daze/Stun/Dominate, +1 Item Saving Throws while Bloodied, +2 All Defenses v Creatures Subject to My Effects, Dazed (EONT)

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Amon'kul shrugs as the dragon's acid tickles his exposed skin. He draws forth an ornate horn and blows a long strong note into the beast's face. Or where he thinks it's face is anyway.

"You think your tricks will work on me you disgusting piece of filth?"

Actions:
    Take 15 Acid Damage (resisting 5)

Minor Action: Sheath Khopesh and draw the Greater Horn of Blasting (Master at Arms)

Standard Action: Greater Horn of Blasting vs. Fortitude: 1d20+20+2 40- Hit! Umbramire is Stunned and taking 10 ongoing Thunder Damage (Save Ends Both), Umbramire is Marked! (-3 to hit anyone but Amon'kul)(EoNT- Amon'kul)

Minor Action: Put away Greater Horn of Blasting and draw Khopesh (Master at Arms)

Save vs. 15 Ongoing Acid: 1d20+2 15

Prepping Combat Challenge and Guardian's Counter as interrupts (or Ring of Fury if he somehow Bloodies me)

Stats:
    Instinctive Devouring
    Umbramire (L7-N9(<-invisible)/L11-N13/H11-J13) 443/712hp; AC 33; F 31, R 32, W 29 [AP 1; Resist 15 acid], Oath of Enmity, Marked! (-3 to hit anyone but Amon'kul)(EoNT- Amon'kul), Faces of the Fallen, Weakened, Slowed, Invisible. Grants combat advantage and cannot benefit from any concealment (save ends both), Stunned and taking 10 ongoing Thunder Damage (Save Ends Both).
    Trapped Soul
    Kothargix (G6) 88/111 hp; AC 30; F 28, R 27, W 33 [AP 1; Surges 10/10] - Resist: 25 Lightning, 10 Thunder, 5 Acid; +2 Defenses vs. Traps, +1 Defenses vs. Ranged, Area & Close attacks, +1 Thunder Attacks, Spellfury
    Trapped Soul
    Evanche (G13) 98+7 THP/98 hp; AC 32; F 28, R 25, W 32 [AP 0; Surges 11/11] - Immune: Blinded , Resist: 10 Cold 14 Fire 5 Psychic, 5 Poison, 5 Acid +2 Item Saving Throws v Charm/Fear, +3 Item Saving Throws v Daze/Stun/Dominate, +1 Item Saving Throws while Bloodied, +2 All Defenses v Creatures Subject to My Effects, Dazed (EONT)
    Amon'Kul (M10) 138 THP/155hp; AC 35; F 33, R 29, W 29 [AP 1; Surges 13/13] - Resist: 10 Cold, 14 Fire,10 Thunder, 5 Acid, ongoing 10 acid (save ends)

Up Next: Big Bad and his Crazy Ways

Nealneal on
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    "Honestly, what have I done to deserve such ire?" Umbramire's half-pleading, half-chiding tones are almost drowned out when the trickle of water turns into a torrent. At the same time the last decoy disintegrates, though it's acidic shower is blunted by Evanche and Zedath's increasingly waterlogged condition. The water continues to be held at bay from the crevices of the central column, though it is opaque enough to entirely quell the soft glow of the crystals where it settles.

Flitting back into the visible spectrum, the elder dragon takes advantage of Amon'Kul's distraction- or rather, doesn't. Though his claws are blunted on the slayer's shield, his tongue remains sharp "Afraid of a little water, are we? Not to worry, I'm quite at home there."

Actions:
    No Action (trigger- double is reduced to 0hp): Exploding Double vs Reflex (Close Burst 2 centered on double)
    vs Evanche- 25 miss for 3 acid damage.
    vs Zedath- 24 miss for 3 acid damage.

Instinctive Derping
    Stunned condition ends.

Umbramire
    Start of Turn: No longer invisible. Takes 10 Thunder damage.
    Breath Weapon recharge- fails.

vs Amon'Kul- 34 miss
    vs Amon'Kul- 42 hit for 16 damage.

End of turn: save vs Thunder damage- 20
    save vs CA+no Concealment- 21

Map:
    4Hlriim.jpg

Stats:
    Instinctive Devouring
    Umbramire (L7-N9(<-invisible)/L11-N13/H11-J13) 433/712hp; AC 33; F 31, R 32, W 29 [AP 1; Resist 15 acid], Oath of Enmity, Marked! (-3 to hit anyone but Amon'kul)(EoNT- Amon'kul), Faces of the Fallen, Weakened, Slowed
    Zedath (K13) 81/110 hp; AC 30; F 27, R 33, W 34 [AP 1; Surges 9/9] - Resist 14 necrotic and 14 radiant and 5 Acid. +1 to defenses against attacks made by bloodied creatures.
    Trapped Soul
    Kothargix (G6) 88/111 hp; AC 30; F 28, R 27, W 33 [AP 1; Surges 10/10] - Resist: 25 Lightning, 10 Thunder, 5 Acid; +2 Defenses vs. Traps, +1 Defenses vs. Ranged, Area & Close attacks, +1 Thunder Attacks, Spellfury
    Trapped Soul
    Evanche (G13) 98+4 THP/98 hp; AC 32; F 28, R 25, W 32 [AP 0; Surges 11/11] - Immune: Blinded , Resist: 10 Cold 14 Fire 5 Psychic, 5 Poison, 5 Acid +2 Item Saving Throws v Charm/Fear, +3 Item Saving Throws v Daze/Stun/Dominate, +1 Item Saving Throws while Bloodied, +2 All Defenses v Creatures Subject to My Effects, Dazed (EONT)
    Amon'Kul (M10) 122/155hp; AC 35; F 33, R 29, W 29 [AP 1; Surges 13/13] - Resist: 10 Cold, 14 Fire,10 Thunder, 5 Acid, ongoing 10 acid (save ends)

Water is currently at 2 feet deep, which is difficult terrain but has no other effect.

Up Next: Zedath and Mazdrah

Grog on
  • Options
    Zedath shouts to his previous self, "Keep it up!"

The shaman points his totem at the dragon's feet. Lava starts to bubble up under the dragon, and a sudden gout of fire bursts up into Umbramire, knocking the lizard to the ground.

Actions:
    End of Umbramire's last turn: He takes 5 psychic damage from ending in my zone.

Minor: Sustain Zone. Enemies in the zone take a -2 penalty to attack rolls, and any enemy that ends its turn in the zone takes 5 psychic damage.

Standard: Vezzuvu's Eruption vs Umbramire [Area Burst 1 centered on M8] (32): 1d20+21 36 2d6+12 21

Umbramire is knocked prone. In addition:

Effect: The burst creates a zone of difficult terrain that lasts until the EOZedathNT. Any creature that ends its turn in the zone takes 5 fire damage.

Move: to K12.

Stats:
    Instinctive Devouring
    Umbramire (L7-N9(<-invisible)/L11-N13/H11-J13) 407/712hp; AC 33; F 31, R 32, W 29 [AP 1; Resist 15 acid], Oath of Enmity, Marked! (-3 to hit anyone but Amon'kul)(EoNT- Amon'kul), Faces of the Fallen, Weakened, Slowed, Prone.
    Zedath (K12) 110/110 hp; AC 30; F 27, R 33, W 34 [AP 1; Surges 8/9] - Resist 14 necrotic and 14 radiant and 5 Acid. +1 to defenses against attacks made by bloodied creatures. +2 to all defenses UEOZedathNT
    Mazdrah (Spirit Companion) (L10) 27 HP*; AC 32; F 29, R 35, W 36
    Trapped Soul
    Trapped Soul
    Evanche (G13) 98+4 THP/98 hp; AC 32; F 28, R 25, W 32 [AP 0; Surges 11/11] - Immune: Blinded , Resist: 10 Cold 14 Fire 5 Psychic, 5 Poison, 5 Acid +2 Item Saving Throws v Charm/Fear, +3 Item Saving Throws v Daze/Stun/Dominate, +1 Item Saving Throws while Bloodied, +2 All Defenses v Creatures Subject to My Effects, Dazed (EONT)
    Amon'Kul (M10) 122/155hp; AC 35; F 33, R 29, W 29 [AP 1; Surges 13/13] - Resist: 10 Cold, 14 Fire,10 Thunder, 5 Acid.

Water is currently at 2 feet deep, which is difficult terrain but has no other effect.

Up Next: Trapped Soul

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    "Stop him! He knows how to use those baubles!" Though our heroes are all experienced to know the voice is one of a black dragon, it does not emanate from Umbramire.

Kothargix soon figures it out when the ghostly fangs of Nostorralk materialise, tearing desperately at his robes.

Actions:
    Trapped Soul
    Ethereal Talons recharge- 1 fail

Ethereal Bite vs AC
    vs Kothargix- 32 hit for 16 damage.

Map:
    193Ecfp.jpg

Stats:
    Instinctive Devouring
    Umbramire (L7-N9(<-invisible)/L11-N13/H11-J13) 407/712hp; AC 33; F 31, R 32, W 29 [AP 1; Resist 15 acid], Oath of Enmity, Marked! (-3 to hit anyone but Amon'kul)(EoNT- Amon'kul), Faces of the Fallen, Weakened, Slowed, Prone.
    Zedath (K12) 110/110 hp; AC 30; F 27, R 33, W 34 [AP 1; Surges 8/9] - Resist 14 necrotic and 14 radiant and 5 Acid. +1 to defenses against attacks made by bloodied creatures. +2 to all defenses UEOZedathNT
    Trapped Soul
    Kothargix (G6) 72/111 hp; AC 30; F 28, R 27, W 33 [AP 1; Surges 10/10] - Resist: 25 Lightning, 10 Thunder, 5 Acid; +2 Defenses vs. Traps, +1 Defenses vs. Ranged, Area & Close attacks, +1 Thunder Attacks, Spellfury
    Trapped Soul
    Amon'Kul (M10) 122/155hp; AC 35; F 33, R 29, W 29 [AP 1; Surges 13/13] - Resist: 10 Cold, 14 Fire,10 Thunder, 5 Acid.

Up Next: Kothargix 'n' Alenthian, aka the Odd Couple

• Options
    Kothargix pries the gem out from the wall and collects his thoughts on how it all works. Keeping an eye over his shoulder for the next ghostly dragon to try and bite his head off.

The gem gets to keep its secrets for now, as Kothargix wisely decides sticking in one place might not be the best idea. He scurries around the corner of the maze once more, studying the gem as he goes.

Actions:
    Standard: Get the Gem and Futz with it. Arcana = 24
    Move: Move to I4

Stats:
    Instinctive Devouring
    Trapped Soul
    Kothargix (I4) 72/111 hp; AC 30; F 28, R 27, W 33 [AP 1; Surges 10/10] - Resist: 25 Lightning, 10 Thunder, 5 Acid; +2 Defenses vs. Traps, +1 Defenses vs. Ranged, Area & Close attacks, +1 Thunder Attacks
    Trapped Soul

Up Next: Kothargix 'n' Alenthian, aka the Odd Couple[/quote]

• Options
    Alénthian edges upwards, borne by his wings away from the rising water.

He then delivers a decisive strike to the dragon's chest, glancing from the scales but bruising the beast badly. Beneath those shining natural shields, Umbramire's flesh rots and burns from the divine power of his oath to slay the wyrm.

Actions:
    Standard Action: Lethal Intercession (Reliable)
    --> 2d20k1+23+2: 39
    --> 3d10+15+5 39 Radiant and Necrotic damage

Stats:
    Instinctive Devouring
    Umbramire (L7-N9(<-invisible)/L11-N13/H11-J13) 368/712hp; AC 33; F 31, R 32, W 29 [AP 1; Resist 15 acid], Oath of Enmity, Marked! (-3 to hit anyone but Amon'kul)(EoNT- Amon'kul), Faces of the Fallen, Weakened, Slowed, Prone.
    Trapped Soul
    Kothargix (I4) 72/111 hp; AC 30; F 28, R 27, W 33 [AP 1; Surges 10/10] - Resist: 25 Lightning, 10 Thunder, 5 Acid; +2 Defenses vs. Traps, +1 Defenses vs. Ranged, Area & Close attacks, +1 Thunder Attacks
    Trapped Soul

Up Next: Dragons, black, white, ghostly, and suchlike.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Once Kothargix takes a moment to inspect the crimson shard he realises what it is- a bloodstone! This particular example is of an unmatched purity, allowing it to power this massive structure. But what for? Tinkering with it's arcane auras causes something to alter in the air around him and three voices to hiss in his ears.

"We will stop you! We are worthy!" Calastryx's three heads solidify out of the orange glow, their ghostly assault drawing blood this time.

Actions:
    Arcana check= 24- Success!

You have started a complexity 1 skill challenge (4 successes before 3 failures).
    It is a standard action to use Arcana, Religion or Nature on the adjacent red crystal (DC 23). Alternatively, you can use a minor action with a -4 modifier.

Trapped Soul
    Ethereal Talons recharge- 4 fail

Ethereal Bite vs AC
    vs Kothargix - 39 hit for 19 damage.

Map:
    TuzKLRp.jpg

Stats:
    Instinctive Devouring
    Umbramire (L7-N9(<-invisible)/L11-N13/H11-J13) 368/712hp; AC 33; F 31, R 32, W 29 [AP 1; Resist 15 acid], Oath of Enmity, Marked! (-3 to hit anyone but Amon'kul)(EoNT- Amon'kul), Faces of the Fallen, Weakened, Slowed, Prone.
    Trapped Soul
    Kothargix (I4) 51/111 hp; AC 30; F 28, R 27, W 33 [AP 1; Surges 10/10] - Resist: 25 Lightning, 10 Thunder, 5 Acid; +2 Defenses vs. Traps, +1 Defenses vs. Ranged, Area & Close attacks, +1 Thunder Attacks
    Trapped Soul

Skill Challenge Successes: 1/4
    Failures: 0/3

Up Next: Dragonslayers, red and red.

Grog on