As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] Operation: THREAD CLOSED. Post in the New One.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I'm hoping this week is a decent list of changes.

I'm guessing they've mostly got stuff where they want it, but I just like seeing a lot of changes.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I'm hoping this week is a decent list of changes.

I'm guessing they've mostly got stuff where they want it, but I just like seeing a lot of changes.

"We nerfed the damage on the geth plasma smg, it was just too high and was unbalancing."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    It's true, the GPSMG is pretty OP. I actually managed to kill 2 geth troopers with it yesterday. It took like 50 rounds each, but still.

• Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    50? You must headshot like a champion.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Achire wrote: »
    I've had that happen a couple of times. It's pretty pointless since only Asari can do it, and it's much easier to just play the damn game. It's like a reverse GWG that makes games take longer and fail more often.

Edit: You can report them to ME3MPCheaters@BioWare.com.

No, a human got up there after some trying, too. That's why I said I think anyone who can dodge could do it. I'll have to see if their gamertag is stil in my recent players list.

• Options
    stratslingerstratslinger Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Exploit Alert!

I just encountered a player on Firebase Hydra who used the Adept dodge to jump onto a wall on the back of the map, and proceed to hide behind part of a pillar, allowing them to just sit out of range of almost all enemy attacks and just snipe them with impunity. Any class that can dodge can get up there, is my guess. Gold is a lot harder to do when two players aren't actually playing.

Yeah, one of my few bad rounds this weekend, everyone went down in like Wave 8 or so. And the one Asari medigels, runs right by everyone without attempting to revive anybody (I had already been rubber band insta-killed by a banshee 10 meters away from me, so I was watching the whole thing unfold), and ran straight to that spot. He actually took out quite a few mooks, stayed out of line of fire of most of the banshee's warps, but something happened and he glitched right into the middle of the typical extract zone, and got dropped immediately.

I laughed heartily at the DB.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    If you fall off the map you respawn at the landing zone. This doesn't apply to vanguards because they fall UP.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    the only time I ever fell of the map I went up and just floated away forever. it was peaceful.

• Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    kaid wrote: »
    lets add a new sniper rifle that hits like a black widow but actually shoots exploding rockets!!!!!!

Don't forget to make it weigh half as much as the Black Widow and carry double the ammunition.

"Lol stop whining you're only complaining because you're not top scoring, the weapon is totally balanced, perfect weapon for every Infiltrator who's bad at sniping!"

- BSN

Obviously not an actual quote, but the statements themselves are what's comming from the largest part of the community. I'm scared Bioware will give in to them and not nerf the Krysae (or Reegar for that matter).

Ok Blackbird, look, I know where you're coming from (it can get boring...), but I sort of get the bsn argument too. We're not all super snipers with reflexes of 5 year olds. I hate playing sniper because I'm shit at it, basically. If they create a weapon to help shitshooters like me, I'm all for it! I know it sucks for you pros, but there's a wider community out there too.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Why would they nerf the reegar? I mean its already got a fairly limited range its not that lethal. Hell most of the people in my games that used one tended to be a high third place.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    does the slow down mod not exist in multi? Because that's basically the only way I can use a single shot sniper in this game.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    does the slow down mod not exist in multi? Because that's basically the only way I can use a single shot sniper in this game.

How could it? Think about that one and the effect it would have on other players.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    in order to work in multi, the sniper time dilation would need to actually dilate time

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

There is no slow down mod for MP.

• Options
    Houn wrote: »

How could it? Think about that one and the effect it would have on other players.

To be fair they got that effect to work in MP3 for multi, but with how the slowdown mod works in ME3 (that being everytime you look down the scope) its not as compareable.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    envoy1 wrote: »
    lets add a new sniper rifle that hits like a black widow but actually shoots exploding rockets!!!!!!

Don't forget to make it weigh half as much as the Black Widow and carry double the ammunition.

"Lol stop whining you're only complaining because you're not top scoring, the weapon is totally balanced, perfect weapon for every Infiltrator who's bad at sniping!"

- BSN

Obviously not an actual quote, but the statements themselves are what's comming from the largest part of the community. I'm scared Bioware will give in to them and not nerf the Krysae (or Reegar for that matter).

Ok Blackbird, look, I know where you're coming from (it can get boring...), but I sort of get the bsn argument too. We're not all super snipers with reflexes of 5 year olds. I hate playing sniper because I'm shit at it, basically. If they create a weapon to help shitshooters like me, I'm all for it! I know it sucks for you pros, but there's a wider community out there too.

I wouldn't have a problem with them keeping the explosive rounds with the extremely forgiving fuse if they just toned down the damage.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Phoenix138 wrote: »

- BSN

I wouldn't have a problem with them keeping the explosive rounds with the extremely forgiving fuse if they just toned down the damage.

Eh, idk... the only time Krysae feels genuinely overpowered to me is when it's in the hands of a Geth Infiltrator. Most other classes using it and even infiltrators I can still outscore or match. But the Geth Infiltrator is a powerful character in general.

Gun that can effectively shoot around corners.
    Character that can see through walls.

That edge makes it hard to compete against. At least with a GPS they're mostly limited to the same line of effect as you.

If they do decide to nerf it, they'll probably either lower the fire rate or reduce the prox fuse range and explosion size.

Or they'll just nerf Geth Infiltrator's Hunter Mode.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Peff wrote: »
    So in playing through the SP on my vangod I had an idea regarding some of the random characters and their banter stories throughout the game. Wouldn't it be cool to play through a few of their missions? Minor spoilers?
    The PTSD Asari Commando in Huerta, her whole story with the farm girl and her indoctrinated squad mate, the missing soldier from Benning who sacrificed himself to save his squad, or even the two C-Sec guards complaining about how people were taking advantage of the war and bugging out to Palaven to help with the war. Especially the Commando story, they seem like they would be good side stories and give you a better idea on just how bad the war is when you aren't a great biotic wind wielding god.

Uh.
    First off, she did that whole mission wearing just a towel. High entertainment value, low gear potential :winky:

Secondly, she was a biotic wind-wielding goddess. She was ripping husks in half with her biotics.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Ok f that shit. I've not used the krysae properly. I've got it at IV and I don't think it's broken, as I'm not finding it very useful. Always runs out of ammo, takes too long to kill anything. And now they nerf it? At least let me try it at X first!!

I've been making it sing from I to X on my Geth infiltrator spec'd for bonus sniper damage and full geth vision (yup, no offensive powers at all, purely scoping and dropping things).

With direct hits you can drop a rocket trooper in two shots on Gold, a Hunter in 3, and it puts a hefty dent even in a prime. If you're accustomed or skilled enough to be making headshots all the time, a Valiant or something single shot might be better, but if you aim it right, the explosion can hit a number of targets all at once, you can use it to fire around corners, and the stagger is pretty reliable.

That said, yes, it is a bit of an ammo sponge. It's not uncommon for me to make a trip for ammo each wave, and in later waves of Gold I can even end up doing two, but even taking time to do that (one day I'll cap out clips and never get them again!) I still generally end up rocking the boards.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options

- BSN

Eh, idk... the only time Krysae feels genuinely overpowered to me is when it's in the hands of a Geth Infiltrator. Most other classes using it and even infiltrators I can still outscore or match. But the Geth Infiltrator is a powerful character in general.

Gun that can effectively shoot around corners.
    Character that can see through walls.

That edge makes it hard to compete against. At least with a GPS they're mostly limited to the same line of effect as you.

If they do decide to nerf it, they'll probably either lower the fire rate or reduce the prox fuse range and explosion size.

Or they'll just nerf Geth Infiltrator's Hunter Mode.

As someone who plays a ton of Geth Infiltrator, I admit it's a class that could probably use some nerfing, too. But my main reason behind thinking the Krysae is due for a nerf has little to do with people outscoring me- I don't mind that. It typically means we've had an extremely worry-free match. It has more to do with what it does to the desirability of some of the other guns. In this case it's the Black Widow, specifically. I still haven't been blessed as worthy enough to unlock that gun, but as things stand right now it seems like the Black Widow would be a step down from the Krysae. Which probably shouldn't be the case for an Ultra Rare. (Though to be fair I would consider the Claymore X to be superior to all levels of the Wraith. Of course, the Claymore could use a nerf as well.) The other case against the Krysae is it allows for strategies that were very hard to pull off before it. Like turtling up in Glacier and turning it into an easier version of GWG.

• Options
    eahenryiieahenryii Registered User regular
    Apparently, a machine at my office can make the exact sound of the Nemesis laser. I almost just ducked. I definitely looked around.

• Options
    I would like to say that I like the sound of the Acolyte Heavy Pistol from the leaked future DLC stuff. I mean, I have no idea what it does, but the implication is that it's a caster-centric pistol like the Disciple is a caster-centric shotgun.

Except that most casters use pistols anyway, so it must be extra tasty to be part of the overpowered DLC gun scheme.

Side thought, is Earth the only remaining tileset that they haven't made a mutiplayer map out of yet?

• Options
    FYI- I'm starting a campaign to have the Acolyte Heavy Pistol nerfed. Just want to get in on the ground floor on this one.

• Options
    PeffPeff Registered User regular
    So in playing through the SP on my vangod I had an idea regarding some of the random characters and their banter stories throughout the game. Wouldn't it be cool to play through a few of their missions? Minor spoilers?
    The PTSD Asari Commando in Huerta, her whole story with the farm girl and her indoctrinated squad mate, the missing soldier from Benning who sacrificed himself to save his squad, or even the two C-Sec guards complaining about how people were taking advantage of the war and bugging out to Palaven to help with the war. Especially the Commando story, they seem like they would be good side stories and give you a better idea on just how bad the war is when you aren't a great biotic wind wielding god.

Uh.
    First off, she did that whole mission wearing just a towel. High entertainment value, low gear potential :winky:

Secondly, she was a biotic wind-wielding goddess. She was ripping husks in half with her biotics.

Ok, someone without plot armor then ;) I just think it would be a nice addition to add some impact.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

i don't know. I was thinking it would just work on your side. I guess being connected to 3 other people in a live game would mess with implementing that

• Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    edited June 2012

- BSN

And, in my opinion, that's exactly what the Krysae should be! An explosive round sniper rifle. It doesn't even have to mean everyone who uses it is bad at sniping - you can be the best sniper in the world and still use the Krysae since it's good AoE damage which is pretty good against mobs. The problem is, not only can it decimate mobs easily, it can take out pretty much everything very fast. So removing the AoE or even nerfing it is something I'm not endorsing, but, say, nerfing the damage vs. Armor? Now that's a nerf that changes it from "murders everything and everyone within 3m" to "still murders mobs, good against everything else too".

The problem with the Reegar is, simply put, its DPS. At lvl X, I can take out an Atlas with three to four magazines. One magazine takes only a few seconds to empty, and the reload animation isn't that long either. It takes seconds for me to take out an Atlas or, even better, a Banshee. That's not fair when an honest Sniper (that's not using the Krysae) who's making every shot count can't do it nearly that fast.

Un on unrelated note: What would you guys think of "bursts" in multiplayer? Earning score fills a meter, and when full, you can trigger a burst, specific for your class: For example, a Soldier's burst whould slow down time for everyone and increase their damage, plus reload their guns.

Blackbird SR-71C on
    steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    First off, she did that whole mission wearing just a towel.

Why hasn't this game been made yet?

• Options

Uh.

Ok, someone without plot armor then ;) I just think it would be a nice addition to add some impact.

You know, now that I think about it, the "non standard" gear/character missions have been a little underwhelming. There was Joker and the Kasumi Loyalty Mission in ME2... and that's pretty much it.

It might actually be kinda fun to do an "interrupted in the shower/bed" mission where you don't directly have all your gear, and scrounge it up as you go. Start with just basic melee attacks and a towel (because a hoopy frood always knows where his towel is). Down a guy with a gun, take the gun. Salvage a shield generator or multi-tool. I don't know, eat some powerbars to be able to do biotics. That sort of thing. Finally you find an armor fabricator before the level boss and can gear up completely.

As long as it's not a prison escape. Lord knows, I love those when they're done well, but Bioware seems to have trouble with their game mechanics.

• Options
    AchireAchire Isn't life disappointing? Yes, it is. Registered User regular
    What I'd like more of are non-combat missions. Samara's loyalty mission was really fun. Something a little different every once in a while to spice it up.

• Options
    CyborgZetaCyborgZeta Registered User regular
    How could Geth Infiltrator be nerfed? What's the point?

I don't think it's possible to nerf Hunter Mode without making it useless.

"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the reegar is ridiculous

maybe less so than the kyrsae because you have to actually be close to use it, but it's pretty nuts. Any dangerous melee mob (phantoms, brutes) you can basically just laugh at, and if you can maneuver close to an atlas or banshee you can take them down really quickly too

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Dharma BumDharma Bum Registered User regular
    edited June 2012

i don't know. I was thinking it would just work on your side. I guess being connected to 3 other people in a live game would mess with implementing that

There's a couple powers that slow down single enemies pretty significantly. Cryo blast is definitely one, and Quarian Male's tactical scan has a feat that slows down enemies something like 30%. An Asari with a sniper rifle and stasis can also do a number on single mobs, especially with a Tactical VI equipped.

If you don't have those powers on classes you like to use a sniper rifle with, I'd suggest sticking to sending out anything that staggers an enemy before taking your shot so you can line up headshots.

Dharma Bum on
    olgafjpg.jpg
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Geth Infiltrators have been patched to latest edition GethOS. As a result, must spend 30 seconds building a consensus at the start of each round.

to me, reload cancelling is a lot of what makes GI ridiculous

but i don't have a reegar/krysae, so i don't know if that technique applies there

• Options
    edited June 2012
    ugh I'm tired of losing connection every time I try to buya pack. I have to detective my way way around to figure out what the hell i even got.

it just started doing this yesterday...

e: oh cool at least this time i popped up when i went back into multiplayer. geth engi and salarian infiltrator. yay new classes.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Managed to make it through a Gold and bought a PSP. It finally had a gold character card.

Drell Vanguard

I think I may be done with this game for a while.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Great thing about the Valiant is that the reload auto cancels.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    First off, she did that whole mission wearing just a towel.

Why hasn't this game been made yet?

Well, there was that little part in Metal Gear Solid 2, where Raiden has to get away while naked and using his hands to cover up his junk. Does that count?

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    to me, reload cancelling is a lot of what makes GI ridiculous

As someone who doesn't reload cancel (at least not intentionally) and is merely an average sniper, give me a GI and a BW and I can top the board easily. It's really a combination of the class and the weapon. But using a Claymore or even a regular Widow and then you're right, it's much more dependent on saving time with reload cancelling.

Interestingly, I can also get great results with a GI and the Incisor X. I continue to be surprised at the value of (most of) the uncommon weapons.

QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • Options
    that last match had 3/3 of our objectives as retrievals... now that I believe the op is over

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    I'm getting them more often now, too. This is how conspiracies are born.

This discussion has been closed.