As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Dark Knight Rises] IN 2 DAYS don't read the Ebert review

19495969798100»

• Options
    AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net/?p=808
    in the time before 9/11, bombs never actually went off in mainstream media. If James Bond, for example, was trying to stop a bad guy from blowing something up, it was completely unthinkable that he would ever fail—
    Prevention was the only goal when it came to terrorist/supervillain attacks

Avraham on
    :bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Man I'm pretty sure a whole bunch of bombs went off in mainstream media before 9/11

Pretty sure

Hobnail on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Yeah Zimfan, that was a only really through 2002-2004.

The list could get so much bigger.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    So last night I was watching the episode of Justic League where AMAZO shows up (Tabula Rasa I think)

and throughout the whole thing it struck me that Lex Luthor is evil Tony Stark

I mean he's got heart problems that he has to wear part of his powered armor to keep at bay. That powered armor? fits in a suitcase after it folds up. He left his company in the hands of his Secretary/assistant/valet so that he could go fly around in his armor doing (evil) stuff. His relationship with Mercy is perverse and manipulative

and of course Luthor is all about human perfection and futurism

seriously go watch it again

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    zimfan wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »
    zimfan wrote: »
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Man what, there have been all kinds of sucessful monster movies after 9/11 and all kinds of sadistic "man is the monster" movies before it

American Monster movies released after 9/11 that have been successful? Cloverfield (which had clear allusions to 9/11) and what else?

The Ring
    The Grunge
    Dawn of the Dead
    Friday the 13th
    Nightmare on Elm Street
    The Wolfman
    Eight Legged Freaks
    Jason X
    Queen of the Damned
    Resident Evil
    Dreamcatcher
    Darkness Falls
    Jeepers Creepers 2.

I mean come on... There are a lot.

I refuse to believe The Wolfman was successful. So bad.

It won an Oscar

For makeup, but still

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Man I'm pretty sure a whole bunch of bombs went off in mainstream media before 9/11

Pretty sure

The 1993 WTC bombing and the 1995 OKC bombing come to mind.

Plus wasn't there some Bruce Willis movie in 1998 that had many erie 9/11-style shit happening?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
This discussion has been closed.