Options

[The Dark Knight Rises] IN 2 DAYS don't read the Ebert review

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    read it is what i'm saying

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Also, the Snyder hate going on in the past couple pages is outrageous.

Like Watchmen isn't a triumph of film-making but it certainly isn't a bad film.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Woah, ease up there.

It's a bad film because the director spent too much time trying to put a comic book on the screen rather than wanting to make a well crafted movie.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Also while 300 was a fun gore fest.

Watchmen did not need to be and the movie suffered because of it. It's like, he has a bunch of tools in his movie making box but can't recognize that they do not need to be used every time he makes a movie.

• Options
    Sucker punch was an amazing movie.

It was amazing because there was so much going on in terms of action but I was so incredibly bored during it.

That is an achievement surely.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    So the review embargo for The Dark Knight Rises goes away in an hour

If you're the type to go seeking out reviews, that is

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Also, the Snyder hate going on in the past couple pages is outrageous.I

Like Watchmen isn't a triumph of film-making but it certainly isn't a bad film.

I liked it.

• Options
    I am going through Arkham City on hard mode right now

I am surprised at what is right now the hardest time I've had in the game
    The Mad Hatter mission

• Options
    Oh man.

That was total monkey nuts.

Had to totally cheese that.

Build up your combo so you get the dash across the entire screen to be able to punch someone skill. Then cheese with that, when you are too close to people, just jump over them then continue.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I managed to get a bunch of guys lying down on that one, so it was the only time I used the "instant knockout for guys lying down" combo

I spammed the hell out of it

• Options
    Yeah I finally just did it

My problem was I got into the flow of combat and got used to beating up normal dudes that I kinda forgot about him when he popped up

• Options
    The best thing you can do in arkham city?

Stun a guy, then start pummeling him, then his friend runs up and you just dodge him and take him down too.

• Options
    Empire Magazine TDKR review
    Verdict
    With spectacle in abundance and sexiness in (supporting) parts, this is superhero filmmaking on an unprecedented scale. Rises may lack the surprise of Begins or the anarchy of Knight, but it makes up for that in pure emotion. A fitting epitaph for the hero Gotham deserves.

• Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    did you guys know that thelma and louise isn't a true story?

• Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »
    Wikipedia just told me Danny the street is hanging out in new 52 teen titans

what's up with that

seems like a weird fit but I haven't read any of it

whoa whoa whoa whoa what?

Do I have to start buying Teen Titans now?

do you like Tron?

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Light piping in comics is a great idea that is often poorly executed

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    i'm reading the question now

it's pretty fucking sick

denny o'neil is such a chief

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Woah, ease up there.

It's a bad film because the director spent too much time trying to put a comic book on the screen rather than wanting to make a well crafted movie.

I'd argue that while he didn't make an amazing film, he also didn't create a bad one.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Oh my god guys I just this minute realized that Bane is played by Shinzon.

Guy bulked the fuck up.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Oh my god guys I just this minute realized that Bane is played by Shinzon.

Guy bulked the fuck up.

He bulked up in 2009 for his role as real-life prisoner Charles Bronson in the biopic Bronson. He gained 42 pounds of muscle for that role. And he hasn't really lost much, if any of it, since.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I have learned the supposed final scene of DKR. I am pleased.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    he was fairly huge in Inception, but he didn't show it off

• Options
    Oh wow I totally forgot he was in Inception.

sig.gif
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »

Care to give us a hint?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »

Care to give us a hint?

Uh behind tons of spoiler tags please I want no hints.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    it's batman and bane tenderly kissing

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Yeah I meant in spoiler tags.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    it's batman and bane tenderly kissing

That's probably why Bane wears the mask. It's Tom Hardy - nobody can resist dem lips.

• Options
    I WILL BREAK YOU...r heart

sig.gif
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Ssnyder1835 - To be clear - I didn't mean to imply that the Joker is going to rape anyone in our story ... Just that there's nothing he wouldn't do to hurt - in every way possible - Bruce and the bat family in this one.
    i am relieved.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    He didn't mean to imply it because he wants it to be a surprise

An unpleasant, uncomfortable surprise, like a guy getting turned down in a public proposal on the jumbotron

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Ssnyder1835 - To be clear - I didn't mean to imply that the Joker is going to rape anyone in our story ... Just that there's nothing he wouldn't do to hurt - in every way possible - Bruce and the bat family in this one.
    i am relieved.

He...seems to be saying there isn't any, but it's totally still on the table

• Options
    Don't worry guys, he's totally not gonna do it, but he might! Nah I'm just kidding. Or am I? Nopeyes

sig.gif
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Yeah it always seemed like he was describing things Joker was capable of, not things that were absolutely going to happen in this story, but we'll see.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Fucking sigh. Can comics just be cyclical? Can we just end up back in the Silver Age for awhile? That might be nice.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Didn't Joker rape a tree in that one Kevin Smith story or am I hallucinating?

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Know who didn't have to worry about vicious rapist psychopaths threatening their family and/or trees?

Adam West.

Hobnail on
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Eh, I’m fine with Snyder’s Batman book being dark.

He’s a horror writer so I’m not expecting goofiness when I read his work and I sincerely doubt anyone will actually be raped (at least I hope not).

If you want silver agey type stuff you have Batman Inc.

If you want your brain to explode from stupid, you have The Dark Knight and Detective.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Didn't Joker rape a tree in that one Kevin Smith story or am I hallucinating?

I think he leaned against a tree and invited someone to rape him. Jokingly (badump chish).

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    yeah, he tried to bribe deadshot

This discussion has been closed.