Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Dubh wrote: »
    they have a whole 'nother season to break this romance

gonna keep crossing my fingers
    NO

NO MORE ROMANCE

Apparently 2 will be longer than 1. They'll probably have more romance.

So, Asami/Bolin or Asami/Iroh??

Anything good to happen to Asami. please. I wonder how she and Korra will get along season 2. What with THE ROMANCE. I'd imagine it would be pretty awkward.

There ought to be an episode kind of like Toph and Katara's story in Tales of Ba Sing Se where they just hang out or maybe have an adventure

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I can't wait for the episode where they attend a play that recaps Season One.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Oh man that needs to happen. Asami teaching Korra how to drive.

• Options
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    I can't wait for the episode where they attend a play that recaps Season One.

it's gonna be a radio play

narrated by Maurice LaMarche

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    this play is a mess! can't they talk slower

what do you mean it's over I thought this was the intermission

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    No, wait.

A silent film.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    With a bunch of overacting and slapstick.

And at the end someone firebends toward the camera and the audience freaks out.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I want the
    shock rod guy to become active in republic city politics in a legitimate way and become the leader of an active lobby that focuses on equal treatment

he did the military thing and it didn't work but (aside from being a criminal) there is no reason he can't reach for the goal of equality

also holy shit the boat scene was so amazing i cannot even wow

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    bolin thinks the play is a rousing good time

mako thinks it could have stood some fleshing out and wasn't a big fan of the romance subplot

• Options
    No, wait.

A silent film.

bolin_chaplin_by_gnzg-d4xqibo.png

• Options
    Also I was expecting
    Katarra to come out and kinda frown and then Korra earthbends down the wall and is all I'm the avatar you gotta deal with it

but what we got was so much better

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Bolin becomes a silent film star.

His masterpiece is called The Fire Lord.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Im going crazy waiting for this on itunes.

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    somebody feed me some complaints to scoff at

I only didn't really like
    the air bending family being captured, okay sure plot fine but really? really?
    and mako very suddenly coming out with loving korra, i would have liked to see a personal revelation first or maybe Asami telling him that he does I dunno
    and there was something else I forget but I'll remember after I hit post

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    MrDapper wrote: »
    With a bunch of overacting and slapstick.

And at the end someone firebends toward the camera and the audience freaks out.

And literally every character has some kind of family member killed by firebenders.
    Skull Man wrote: »
    asami really really got kicked around this season, yeah

She really got kicked around, but she also got really badass, so I call it an even trade.
    Im going crazy waiting for this on itunes.

I just DL'd it on Itunes, seems like it's out.

The_Tuninator on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Asami/Korra otp

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    The only misstep I thought the finale made was IIroh's voice. I was wary about it from the end of episode 10, but the beginning of the finale was when I went 'okay yeah, this is a problem for me.'

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Asami/Korra otp

it saddens me that this has to be a joke because backlash would probably make it too risky at this moment in time

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    The only misstep I thought the finale made was IIroh's voice. I was wary about it from the end of episode 10, but the beginning of the finale was when I went 'okay yeah, this is a problem for me.'

It just doesn't fit, agreed.

I don't know whether it's because he actually sounds too young or because I can't divorce his voice from Zuko, but either way it doesn't quite sit right with me.

The_Tuninator on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    You didn't? Yeah, Nickelodeon ordered a second season basically right after they were done writing the first one.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2011/03/08/the-last-airbender-legend-of-korra-the-creators-speak/?KEY
    Nickelodeon had picked up “Korra” for 12 episodes but recently decided to order 14 more shows. “When we first starting talking to Nickelodeon about doing a new series in the ‘Avatar’ world, they asked if we could do shorter arcs—more like a show like ‘24’where there’s a specific villain or challenge for that particular season,” Konietzko says.

This...

makes me like this show so much more now

Honestly I loved the finale, except for Irohs voice, that kept dragging me out of it so much

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    iroh's voice didn't really bother me, considering the role the character was filling it seemed fine

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I actually thought that the actor brought enough of a different attitude to the voice that it didn't bother me.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    ib1le1z6buIVwj.jpg

Bryan Konietzko does Scott Pilgrim.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    It's interesting how Episode 6 actually establishes that Amon has been setting up the equalists for years

It kind of sets up the inequality dynamic in a different light, given that he's been engineering unrest for a long, long time
    That and his real motivations not being much related to equality at all, at least not on a level that matters

.....he sure never did try to appeal to the homeless, which is interesting but kind of sensible. The homeless in Republic City seem to exist with the same kind of harmony as benders and nonbenders in the original series.

I didn't think I'd come back to this, but I think a lot of that sense of equality is probably manufactured primarily by Tarrlok and Noatok

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    MaratastikMaratastik Just call me Mara, please! Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I finally watched this

yes yes yes yesyesyesyesyes

That was pretty much my reaction. Awesome finale to an awesome season. The only thing I can find to complain about from this season is that the the pacing suffered through parts of some episodes b/c of how much they crammed into so few episodes. Pretty minor complaint all things considered.
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Also I was expecting
    Katarra to come out and kinda frown and then Korra earthbends down the wall and is all I'm the avatar you gotta deal with it

but what we got was so much better

I'm glad to see that someone else seemed to like the ending as much as I did.

Maratastik on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    it worked perfectly for me, I forgot it was even Zuko's voice

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Bolin/Naga

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Asami/Korra otp

it saddens me that this has to be a joke because backlash would probably make it too risky at this moment in time

Yeah
    Yeah

At least I have canon hinting at marcelline/princess bubblegum

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    It's interesting how Episode 6 actually establishes that Amon has been setting up the equalists for years

It kind of sets up the inequality dynamic in a different light, given that he's been engineering unrest for a long, long time
    That and his real motivations not being much related to equality at all, at least not on a level that matters

.....he sure never did try to appeal to the homeless, which is interesting but kind of sensible. The homeless in Republic City seem to exist with the same kind of harmony as benders and nonbenders in the original series.

I didn't think I'd come back to this, but I think a lot of that sense of equality is probably manufactured primarily by Tarrlok and Noatok

of course it is

been saying this "inequality" is bullshit since before the show even aired

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Ok an important point here
    They managed to make Amon have an ulterior motive without making him a fiend or a proxy.

Amon isn't completely honest but he does truly believe that Bending is a corrupted influence that needs to be destroyed.

A lot of people were worried there.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    ib1le1z6buIVwj.jpg

now I want to see the cast of Scott Pilgrim as Avatar characters

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    They managed to make Amon have an ulterior motive without making him a fiend or a proxy.

Amon isn't completely honest but he does truly believe that Bending is a corrupted influence that needs to be destroyed.

He's a monster and a hypocrite but I think that helps his characterization so much

Amon is a much better villain than I would have imagined just from being told what happens in the finale

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    ib1le1z6buIVwj.jpg

now I want to see the cast of Scott Pilgrim as Avatar characters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpzkDnu-nTo

2ohWien.png
  • Options

He's a monster and a hypocrite but I think that helps his characterization so much

Amon is a much better villain than I would have imagined just from being told what happens in the finale
    Yeah, when I say he isn't a fiend I mean he's not, like, doing it all to make himself king or steal something.

He's not manipulating the anti-benders for some reason completely unrelated.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    No, wait.

A silent film.

Stage musical.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

Thank God, I was starting to feel like a crazy person being that it not only didn't bother me, but I thought it was a great choice.

• Options

Yeah, when I say he isn't a fiend I mean he's not, like, doing it all to make himself king or steal something.

He's not manipulating the anti-benders for some reason completely unrelated.

Oh I understand.
    I just think it's interesting that he sees this huge evil in his father, which he internalizes, and then he sees it in everyone that has power - bloodbending is power is control, so all benders must control the lives of others.

His whole identity, his whole crusade, is vested in that he thinks all benders are his father, and he's so charismatic, so beautiful in his conviction, that others will believe him even if it is not necessarily so

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Jimothy wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »

Thank God, I was starting to feel like a crazy person being that it not only didn't bother me, but I thought it was a great choice.

It was totally off in the first appearance but it was pitch perfect in the finale

This discussion has been closed.