Options

Voyage of the 3rd [Phalla] - Game Called - Mafia Victory impossible at the present time.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Been hearing that something like this was about to go down so yeah

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    If I am lying, both the Lady Belmont an her bodyguard would both be able to dispute my claim.

Which would then reveal them, which would presumably be a bad thing.

I mean I'm not in a position to do anything about it but I think its weird that people freak out over warban flying his interceptor about, but when an entire starship comes in to board one of the other ships everyone shrugs and goes about their business.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    T_A is not a valid target.

My bad-bouncing around between pages making sure I got everything and clearly it's not working.

ketbra for now then

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Wiet wrote: »
    If I am lying, both the Lady Belmont an her bodyguard would both be able to dispute my claim.

Which would then reveal them, which would presumably be a bad thing.

I mean I'm not in a position to do anything about it but I think its weird that people freak out over warban flying his interceptor about, but when an entire starship comes in to board one of the other ships everyone shrugs and goes about their business.

If the "real" Lady Belmont / bodyguard are out there, one can contact me to contest kime's claim and keep their identity safe.

Then we nab an imposter.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    So kime is gonna be doing a boarding action on somewhere and everyone is okay with it?
    Not really, no. So I'm gonna vote for kime now since I won't be around for vote close.

• Options
    So kime is gonna be doing a boarding action on somewhere and everyone is okay with it?
    Not really, no. So I'm gonna vote for kime now since I won't be around for vote close.

Oh hey, look, it's T_A!

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    (Someone murder him.)

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    No words on whether or not you killed the radio, anonymous?

His vote on kime is practically confirmation for me, at this point.

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    TA's vote on kime is a triple bluff. TA is basically outed mafia at this point, so the classic play might be to vote for a fellow mafia to try to clear them. But since we all know that, TA's vote puts kime under suspicion, which is basically what the mafia wants at this point, which in my mind clears kime.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    But does he know you know he knows you know

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I don't think starting a war between ships is a good idea. I would let Kime go about his business, he hasn't done anything suspicious yet. And if he speaks the truth, which I believe he does, then nobody probably wants to die trying to fight him.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Can't he just send his shuttle rather than his entire ship?

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    He wants to touch docking ports.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Better idea: Just ignore everything TA says and votes for and don't let him play mindgames.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    BertezBertezBertezBertez Registered User regular
    How are you confirmed

...but I would say that

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    If kime is lying, someone will speak up.

@kime, hopefully you intend to make the Lady's identity by transferring more than one person, yes?

Also, the Wisdom is about to start fighting back. Suspicious people are Anialos, who is hiding in the Radio Room and has refused to come out. Saberovereasy, who very nearly died last night to the vote and was saved by the Daius bandwagon, has not made her motivations for her movement at all clear. Spoit has been guarding Cargobay Gamma, which is immediately outside the now empty Engineering and is poised to sabotage us as the rest of the crew moves to confront the zombies.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Also, stop voting for ineligible people, you fools. T_A will need to be murdered the old-fashioned way.

Baidol on
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    The Dagon wrote: »
    I would hope that there is someone, anyone, that can confirm Kime's claim, other than Kime.

I know of one dead pilot that could have, but that's about as helpful as a helmet full of spiders.

Whole, uneaten spiders?

Horay!

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    If you guys aren't able to kill T_A maybe you should consider brigging him.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    He wants to touch docking ports.

:winky:

@Baidol-Yes, there are plans that should, hopefully, keep her identity not immediately deducible.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Cayrus wrote: »
    TA's vote on kime is a triple bluff. TA is basically outed mafia at this point, so the classic play might be to vote for a fellow mafia to try to clear them. But since we all know that, TA's vote puts kime under suspicion, which is basically what the mafia wants at this point, which in my mind clears kime.

Ok, so I started the actual public vote/discussion on TA, but I don't want a Bedlam situation here. There is not hard evidence that The Anonymous is bad, just a lot of circumstantial stuff.

There is no one else who could have sabotaged the radio room last night, unless it was a timed thing (in that case, it opens up to Lucedes and Stew Stick), or if the mafia can do some things remotely (which is super dumb if true)

however, since other areas of the ship are dark, it does not actually mean that TA sabotaged the radio room. It could be a power issue, which would be in engineering. That would not be his fault. It would also mean that the saboteur is still in the room, because there are multiple people in that room, and they can see each other.

• Options
    If I remember correctly, the Brig has become an incinerator and I am not certain you can force someone into a burning Brig.

But seriously, let's begin picking at target.

Saberovereasy for never saying what she is going to do each day?

Anialosfor sitting in his corner of the ship, away from danger. waiting for the right moment to cut us off from the rest of the fleet?

Spoit for being a good, obedient little soldier. Perhaps too good and he is merely biding his time to destroy Engineering.

Or maybe kilnaga, who sat in the armory for a couple days, maybe enough time to make an explosive, and ran away from the danger of zombies and is planning to take us all out with him in a blaze of FREEDOMGLORY?

SO MUCH OPPORTUNITY FOR DANGER AND BETRAYAL

Going to do Saberovereasy to start.

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Good idea Wiet
    Also, I have a unique, confirmed-in-the-game role. Feel free to tell me all your secrets :D

Well if no one contests the claim to bodyguard, it may be possible that it isn't a player controlled role.

I don't know about this, Gumpy has always gone to extensive effort to prevent or sabotage role calls.

• Options
    How are you confirmed

kime is confirmed through omission. he has a role that is in the OP. That role has not been removed from the game. While it might be to the mafia/zombies' advantage to learn special roles, it would be a poor move to claim that role simply in order to get the actual bodyguard to reveal. You're just feeding the village mafia at that point, and the mafia do not even have a group kill to specifically target specials.

kime is confirmed.

• Options
    Baidol wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, the Brig has become an incinerator and I am not certain you can force someone into a burning Brig.

Only the fleet's pride and joy, the Star's Fury, has had the foresight to light up the Brig. I think all the other brigs are still just boring rooms, hopefully with closed doors otherwise they'll just walk back out.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    Alegis wrote: »
    Good idea Wiet
    Also, I have a unique, confirmed-in-the-game role. Feel free to tell me all your secrets :D

Well if no one contests the claim to bodyguard, it may be possible that it isn't a player controlled role.

I don't know about this, Gumpy has always gone to extensive effort to prevent or sabotage role calls.

The Lady Belmont and her bodyguard are both in the list of roles, and in the narrations. You are going to need SOME evidence to show that they are NPCs, since there has been no sign of friendly NPCs (and you obviously won't find that evidence). If I were lying, it would be moronic to come out with it, since even if you were right, all the signs point to you being wrong.

Steam profile
  • Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    TA can't be voted for since he is in a dark room right?

If so, I'm going with Kilnaga again.

• Options

Anialosfor sitting in his corner of the ship, away from danger. waiting for the right moment to cut us off from the rest of the fleet?

Spoit for being a good, obedient little soldier. Perhaps too good and he is merely biding his time to destroy Engineering.

Or maybe kilnaga, who sat in the armory for a couple days, maybe enough time to make an explosive, and ran away from the danger of zombies and is planning to take us all out with him in a blaze of FREEDOMGLORY?

the GG is not on fire.

unless you are planning something

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    sabre

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    edited July 2012

I dunno about voting for Saber. Just because she posts a little less than usual does not warrant suspicion. She hasn't done anything that smells mafia yet.

mi-go hunter on
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    So I'm going back to my vote before Diaus bandwagon from yesterday and offering up SaberOverEasy[/red].

@Lucedes I'm not eligible for the vote.

• Options
    Friendly NPCs in the sense that they're narration driven or tied to something (ship crashes down, you lose Belmont), not like zombie characters roaming around. Just throwing this up as a devil's advocate possibility.

In other news, it may seem power is out across GG (pending clarification). If so, then T_A is not necessarily THE culprit (but rather sabotage in the engineering room)

• Options
    Stew_StickStew_Stick Dinner UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Langly wrote: »
    Cayrus wrote: »

Ok, so I started the actual public vote/discussion on TA, but I don't want a Bedlam situation here. There is not hard evidence that The Anonymous is bad, just a lot of circumstantial stuff.

There is no one else who could have sabotaged the radio room last night, unless it was a timed thing (in that case, it opens up to Lucedes and Stew Stick), or if the mafia can do some things remotely (which is super dumb if true)

however, since other areas of the ship are dark, it does not actually mean that TA sabotaged the radio room. It could be a power issue, which would be in engineering. That would not be his fault. It would also mean that the saboteur is still in the room, because there are multiple people in that room, and they can see each other.

I think it's worth noting that T_A has spent the entire game in the Rad room and that he hasn't exactly told us what he's been doing.

Day 1, he didn't tell us his orders.
    Day 2, he said he was going to stay in Rad (which he did) and search.
    Day 3, he didn't tell us his orders.
    It's now Day 4 and his only orders so far for tonight are 'Juggle'.

Stew_Stick on
  • Options
    Slightly concerned about Kilnaga because he did, early on, plan to prepare an explosive. Not heard anything further from him in that regard.

Not concerned enough to vote for him yet though. Also, I think "in the dark" is different from "cut off from contact", so to my mind it seems a certainty that someone killed the radio on the GG. There's only a small set of people who could do that, and Anonymous came in to vote for someone claiming a unique village role without any argument that he disagrees with the role, and more importantly without trying to defend himself at all from swirling accusations.

• Options
    Alegis wrote: »
    Friendly NPCs in the sense that they're narration driven or tied to something (ship crashes down, you lose Belmont), not like zombie characters roaming around. Just throwing this up as a devil's advocate possibility.

In other news, it may seem power is out across GG (pending clarification). If so, then T_A is not necessarily THE culprit (but rather sabotage in the engineering room)

Just be careful. Too much "devil's advocate" and it starts to get silly.

Then I cut you

Steam profile
  • Options
    The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    Of those choices given, I'm most concerned with having a bomb running around. So Kilnaga must die so that the ship can survive.

Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • Options
    If the GG's engineering was tampered with and that caused everything, and that is an action that has to be done from the room itself, these people were/are in engineering and had access on Night 3

Stew_Stick - moved in with night 2's action. Moved out to corridor 5 on his night 3 action
    38thdoe - Moved in with night 3's action, currently there
    Smoove Operator - Moved in with night 3's action, currently there
    That Dave Fella - Moved in with night 3's action, currently there.

• Options
    As for GG, the red alert might have been a terrible idea. But everyone was for it (under the impression that there are zombies or zombies would come) so there's little to be learned from that.

• Options
    I have to assume that if the power were cut, the narration would list every room as dark. Early clarifications state that the radio room is important to maintain contact with the rest of the fleet, and contact is exactly what we've lost.

I think the GG's problem is in the Radio room, not in Engineering.

• Options
    Stew_StickStew_Stick Dinner UKRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    How are you confirmed

kime is confirmed through omission. he has a role that is in the OP. That role has not been removed from the game. While it might be to the mafia/zombies' advantage to learn special roles, it would be a poor move to claim that role simply in order to get the actual bodyguard to reveal. You're just feeding the village mafia at that point, and the mafia do not even have a group kill to specifically target specials.

kime is confirmed.

But surely the bodyguard is not necessarily good?

Has Gumpy said anything about conversion mechanics?