As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old busted Steam thread. Go find the new hotness.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Decided to skip assassins creed since I couldn't justify doing the first three all at the same time. I did buy dear esther based solely on one person saying it was worth buying...I have absolutely no idea what it is..n somehow that makes me more excited to play it.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    So I picked up Bastion when it was a flash sale yesterday for $3.74, and since I don't see a thread for it I'll just go ahead and post about it here. Total gametime was 7 hours, and it was brilliant.

Bittersweet, bittersweet ending. God.
    "If you're asking if there's any reason why this wouldn't happen again, the answer is: 'I don't know.'"

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    What are the odds that some of the Daily Deals will show up on the final day, like during the past sales? Usually the 'best of' are all round up for one last major push before the sale ends.

I mean, I'd think they would, but this sale has been topsy-turvy time for sales D:D:

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Kami wrote: »
    What are the odds that some of the Daily Deals will show up on the final day, like during the past sales? Usually the 'best of' are all round up for one last major push before the sale ends.

I mean, I'd think they would, but this sale has been topsy-turvy time for sales D:D:

Chances are they repeat some during flash/community sales. They've been some cases already.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    So Mirror's Edge. Everyone seems to love the crap out of it. I've never played it. Do you just run on top of buildings?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    got sick so I came home from work and collapsed. Just ate and decided to look and see what was up for sale.

Well, I'm still tempted by the Hitman games and SR:TT, but I think I'll hold off for now. The sale has days to go still...perhaps something I haven't thought of will pop up.

Oh, and to those of you who recommended Crusader Kings II? Thank you. And go to hell. Goddamn medieval soap opera crack, right there.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    So I picked up Bastion when it was a flash sale yesterday for $3.74, and since I don't see a thread for it I'll just go ahead and post about it here. Total gametime was 7 hours, and it was brilliant.

"If you're asking if there's any reason why this wouldn't happen again, the answer is: 'I don't know.'"
    You picked the wrong ending you goose.

• Options
    stlobusstlobus Registered User regular
    Gods and Kings is the one reason I'm already looking forward to this year's Winter Sale.

PSN/SEN: lobus Steam: stlobus XBox: St Lobus NNID: Lobus42
  • Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Don't think I can pass up G&K. Odds on it being cheaper are pretty damn remote.

The only downside is that i'll be skipping Arma2 since I don't have the necessary funds to buy that AND gift a big game at the end of the sale (and to you know...to eat an' shit). Unless it's maybe-deal would happen to be really cheap...

Euphoriac on
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    I really hope they don't have any best of or recap days with their willingness to repeat sales in the flash sales. People will have plenty of chances to get what they want if it shows up on the front page. Total waste of a sale day if they recap.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    anoffday wrote: »
    So Mirror's Edge. Everyone seems to love the crap out of it. I've never played it. Do you just run on top of buildings?

Not only buildings. There are some levels at street-level, the obvious sewer level, etc. It's a really fun game that I love the shit out of, even though I never really got into the time-trials thing. It just has that whole "never played this before" thing combined with great aesthetics.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Saw a blimp once Registered User regular
    So, even though I was at work all day I managed to pick up three games. New Vegas, Dear Ester, and Left For Dead 2 (courtesy of @Louie)

Now I just need time to play all of this shit.

• Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    There are a couple of parts of Mirror's Edge where you aren't running on, through, or around buildings. They are significantly poorer than the parts of Mirror's Edge where you are running on, through, or around buildings.

• Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Thanks very much to @Minor Incident for Puzzle Agent 2.

I have so many games to play now...soooo many.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »

Not only buildings. There are some levels at street-level, the obvious sewer level, etc. It's a really fun game that I love the shit out of, even though I never really got into the time-trials thing. It just has that whole "never played this before" thing combined with great aesthetics.

ME is amazing, aside from a few of the forced combat sections.

Now, where's my first person Spider-man mod for Mirror's Edge?!

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »

No, I picked the Evacuate ending the first time, along with saving Zulf. Heartstrings started in right about the time I dropped the Ura religious icon that I was destroying their home with, leaving myself with no weapon, to carry Zulf out of there. And to not die during it, because The Kid has to go on. I just replayed from the Tazel Terminals to see if not saving Zulf changes anything, and to see the Restorating ending. Re: Zulf - saving him apparently does, but only if you pick the Evacuate ending.

The bittersweet for me was the lie that Rucks was telling in the beginning, that the Bastion would let the Caelondians rebuild, and start fresh. By the end of it, you realize that there's no undoing the damage they did by spoiling their world, and that all of the fighting the Kid did was for nothing for that purpose, since they couldn't take the knowledge of what happened with them after Restoration.

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Saw a blimp once Registered User regular
    Ahhhhhhhhhh two hours until the walking dead sale ends. Should I get it? Should I wait?

I am freakin out man.
    You are freaking out. Man

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    So I just launched Steam for the first time getting home to download Fairie Solitaire courtesy of the classy @ArcSyn.

Then I find that @AnakinOU has launched a mulit-salvo missile barrage right in my gift-hole!
    I have been sent Civ V Babylon civ pack, The Americas, The Mediterranean, Asia, Mesopotamia, Spain/Inca double civ, Wonders of the Ancient World and Explorer's Map Pack!
    SWEET DLC, BATMAN!

But wait, @TychoCelchuuu has also been up to some top-hattery and gifted me Capsized! I'm excited to try that one, it's been on my list for a little while.

Hat's off to you both, gentlemen!
    And Anakin, beware the beast you have awoken!
    Want Civ V much?
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I think I'm getting through this Steam sale without too much damage to my finances, Orcs Must Die! and Saints Row the Third being my only purchases so far, and both games are fun so far. It also amuses me that with all the ridiculous violence in SR3, they blur nudity (at least that I've seen so far). Shooting the National Guard in the face is fine, but heaven forbid somebody sees a nipple. 8->

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Radius wrote: »
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Can I ask a Civ question without fear of being ninja gIfted?

Shoot

I am purchasing Civ V, but it does not sound like GOTY is worth the extra $5. What 2 DLC Civs should I pick up with it?

Grab the Spain & Inca doublepack & Polynesia. For $3.10, that gives you 3 civilizations that all play very differently from the others as well as a few scenarios.
    If you like tech-heavy civs, then I'd grab Korea or Babylon but you don't really need both since either one will fill that slot.
    I didn't care much for the Vikings but if you're more war inclined than I am, your opinion may vary.
    Don't bother with the map-only DLC.
    The ancient wonders pack isn't bad but it's not really necessary either.

Oh and definitely get the Gods & Kings expansion pack when you get a chance. Adds a lot to the game.

EDIT: If you're really strapped for cash, just grab Polynesia. It's by far the most unusual civilization in the game - it lets you explore the oceans before everyone else and it lets you create unique improvements on the map that can boost your culture but only if you create a lot of them.

Thank you for this post. I ended grabbing all the civs but the Babylonian.

• Options
    AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I'm not sure if I mentioned it yet (or enough), but the following are all the classiest MF-ing crabs you'll ever find. My Steam Wallet has been well and thoroughly destroyed (for now...), so if anyone has any spare gifts sitting around, I highly recommend sending them their way.

@Custom Special
    @Denada
    @ironsizide
    @ldx86
    @Krummith

This community is awesome, always has been, and I consider myself lucky to have stumbled into it however many years ago. The Steam sales, and the rampant gifting that takes place as twice a year as a result, is just one result of that. I love you guys!

AnakinOU on
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    MoosehatIV wrote: »
    Ahhhhhhhhhh two hours until the walking dead sale ends. Should I get it? Should I wait?

I am freakin out man.
    You are freaking out. Man
    Mother of God!

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    So is DR2: Off the Record good?

I loved the shit out DR2 on the 360, and I don't own DR2 on the PC. Does Off the Record give me the same world to just fuck around and kill zombies in? Survivors to rescue?

I don't really care about any "story", it's a dead rising game, I just love the gameplay.

Oh also, I'm stockpiling some gifts for a big giveaway or two at the end of the sale, but here's something to whet appetites for now. Adventure Time group, and if you somehow manage to be a non-forum user who wormed your way into the group I'll have it re-rolled, so just save everyone's time and don't bother.

signature.png

Enjoy!

Anyone? Bueller?

Is it so bad that nobody's even played it? :P

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »

Until this moment I did not know I needed this, but I do.... I really really do

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    Viking wrote: »
    vamen wrote: »

Until this moment I did not know I needed this, but I do.... I really really do

Has this been tried before? I mean, first person swinging action? (Tribes 3 doesn't count.)

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Scarily the only thing that has really tempted me so far in this sale is buying Mirror's Edge again so I can have it on Steam and therefore run it whenever I want to take some beautiful screenshots or hear the music.

• Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    I think I'm getting through this Steam sale without too much damage to my finances, Orcs Must Die! and Saints Row the Third being my only purchases so far, and both games are fun so far. It also amuses me that with all the ridiculous violence in SR3, they blur nudity (at least that I've seen so far). Shooting the National Guard in the face is fine, but heaven forbid somebody sees a nipple. 8->

I'm sure it's more satire than actual fear of nudity.
    If Volition wanted tits in their game they'd put some god damn tits in their game. That's how they roll :rotate:

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular

No, I picked the Evacuate ending the first time, along with saving Zulf. Heartstrings started in right about the time I dropped the Ura religious icon that I was destroying their home with, leaving myself with no weapon, to carry Zulf out of there. And to not die during it, because The Kid has to go on. I just replayed from the Tazel Terminals to see if not saving Zulf changes anything, and to see the Restorating ending. Re: Zulf - saving him apparently does, but only if you pick the Evacuate ending.

The bittersweet for me was the lie that Rucks was telling in the beginning, that the Bastion would let the Caelondians rebuild, and start fresh. By the end of it, you realize that there's no undoing the damage they did by spoiling their world, and that all of the fighting the Kid did was for nothing for that purpose, since they couldn't take the knowledge of what happened with them after Restoration.
    "Caelondia! We're coming home."

I still need to do evacuate ending. But even knowing it'll just repeat there's something haunting about that quote.

• Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular

I loved the shit out DR2 on the 360, and I don't own DR2 on the PC. Does Off the Record give me the same world to just fuck around and kill zombies in? Survivors to rescue?

I don't really care about any "story", it's a dead rising game, I just love the gameplay.

Oh also, I'm stockpiling some gifts for a big giveaway or two at the end of the sale, but here's something to whet appetites for now. Adventure Time group, and if you somehow manage to be a non-forum user who wormed your way into the group I'll have it re-rolled, so just save everyone's time and don't bother.

signature.png

Enjoy!

Anyone? Bueller?

I would enter but I'm not a member of the right group.

• Options
    Karoz wrote: »

"Caelondia! We're coming home."

I still need to do evacuate ending. But even knowing it'll just repeat there's something haunting about that quote.
    The picture of Zulf and his girl in the evacuate ending always pushes me into the (un)manly tears corner

• Options
    AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    And Anakin, beware the beast you have awoken!
    Want Civ V much?
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ah! No! I have to be done with the Summer Sale! My Steam Wallet is empty, and my wife would seriously kill me (well, maybe not kill, but it would definitely have a negative impact on whatever level of marital bliss we still have floating around here) if I spend any more money on Steam.

Until Christmas, that is. :)

• Options
    chrpnkchrpnk Registered User regular
    I wonder what the chances are of the Assassin's creed pack going lower than $34.99. Really want to play through the series before the third one comes out.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Monger wrote: »
    There are a couple of parts of Mirror's Edge where you aren't running on, through, or around buildings. They are significantly poorer than the parts of Mirror's Edge where you are running on, through, or around buildings.

This is basically what I was going to say.

The first level of the game is also the best level. And by far the shortest.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Serious Sam 3: Yay or Nay?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    stlobus wrote: »
    Gods and Kings is the one reason I'm already looking forward to this year's Winter Sale.

Same. I have too many games right now to justify spending 22 bucks on this expansion. I can hold off.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Whelp. Knew it was coming within the next month or so, but just got laid off, so the giveaways are not the most expensive, but they're games I've had fun with (KOTOR) and a game I'm interested in playing coop (Trine 2). Also really short timers, so more chance to win. Enter now!

signature.png

signature.png

Enjoy guys :D

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    Has anyone seen expansions end up on the daily? My thoughts are that G&K won't be cheaper since even if the rest of the Civ5 stuff became a daily it wouldn't be cheaper than it is now, so there's no reason why G&K would suddenly be more than 25% off ever, right?

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    yes, that is good reasoning

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Few updates in the registry: Crysis series, Nancy Drew, Risen 2, and Endless Space. The few other updates so far have preceeded a daily deal so it's likely those games are getting a special soon. Endless Space possibly is just an update to the game given how new it is though.

• Options
    CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular

signature.png

Enjoy!

Anyone? Bueller?

I would like to know more about Off the Record as well. Kinda worried since no one has spoken up yet!

This discussion has been closed.