As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old busted Steam thread. Go find the new hotness.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    What are the odds of the Game of Thrones RPG going on daily/flash? That and Kingdoms of Amalamadingdong are all I'm hoping for tbh. And that is apparently stuck in a Rhode Island gulag. Everything else is gravy.

Kingdoms of Amalur isn't even discount a little this sale. Plus it's published by EA, who are currently trying to compete with Steam in the digital marketplace arena. I doubt they'll let Steam discount it.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Mirror's Edge won over Beyond Good and Evil, seriously? Bluhhhh stupid Steam Community.

I love both games but I voted for Mirror's Edge because I think Mirror's Edge 2 is more likely than BG&E2 and if some additional sales of ME is what it takes to go from "more likely" to "is actually happening" so be it.

You shut your mouth. BG&E2 does exist. It's just resting.

Honestly, I think more Mirror's Edge sales will do less to cause Mirror's Edge 2 to happen than DICE saying to EA "Let us make Mirror's Edge 2 and we'll keep making Battlefield games" during their next contract negotiation.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Can I ask a Civ question without fear of being ninja gIfted?

Shoot

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Let it be known that the ever classy @Lord_Snot busted out with a gift of Dear Esther while I was out at work today! As is my custom, I have added class to his avatar to commemorate the occasion:

classysnot.png

• Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    Is Sid Meier's Civilization III any good? I'll probably be picking it up in the morning.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Keysier wrote: »
    I missed the Civ 5 G&K supersale while on my 3 day fishing trip

Bleh, whatever, who needs religions anyway

What supersale?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    CiV GOTY or vanilla? (This is not considering Gods or Kings... only Man.)

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Big Isy wrote: »
    It won't end D:
    @Viking just ninja-gifted me Ys: The Oath in Felghana out of the blue! He's a Viking, ninja and classy crab all in one!

You should play it and tell me how it is. I've been looking at it all sale =p

http://zcint.co.uk/article/ys-the-oath-in-felghana-review

"For anyone looking for a solid RPG offering that’s half the length but twice as deadly".

Well that sold me on it. Assuming I have money left in my wallet at the end of sale, I shall be picking that up. Thanks for the link!

Ha, forgot I wrote that line. Glad you liked it. :^:

I haven't reviewed a game in forever. Of course, I'm perfectly happy playing all these Steam titles now.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    Civ 3 is probably my least favorite Civ, but that's kind of like my least favorite type of chocolate, I still love it.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

Probably not, no.

• Options
    AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular
    People still play Men Of War multiplayer?

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular

Good news everyone!

It took two separate technicians to determine what I was telling them that the line quality inside my house was perfect and the issue was at their end. Even after explaining that it was more than likely a throttle being done from the service side and not a line issue it took me going in with both technicians and explaining that they should call where they shifted everything a year or so ago and see if there is any issue.

Duuuuuuh they wouldn't have an issue or we'd know about it
    Fucking call them, humor me
    Ok it won't change anything...
    Makes call
    Ok well service will be restored in about two hours as they've been doing work that's been throttling the speed for everyone in the area.
    tumblr_lnvvueuSsj1qcj56b.png?1318394475

Then I got my bathroom floor stripped and leveled and I'm ready to start tiling tomorrow when the leveler is fully set.

While all of that was going on I missed the damn flash sale for Fable 3, but the super awesome and classy @Kendrik gifted me Dead Island which makes me very happy. It also makes me very happy that I'm downloading at full speed again so hoo-ray!

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    signature.png

signature.png

Two copies of Terraria and one of the Zeboyd Double Pack. Get 'em while they're hot!

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Is Sid Meier's Civilization III any good? I'll probably be picking it up in the morning.

It's good, if graphically dated. Is there a reason you're considering it over Civ IV?

• Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    So was the FEAR 2 DLC any good? I didn't even know FEAR 2 had DLC. But there it is. $2.50.

Guess I'll buy FTHREEAR, either way.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Radius wrote: »

Shoot

I am purchasing Civ V, but it does not sound like GOTY is worth the extra $5. What 2 DLC Civs should I pick up with it?

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    Lawndart wrote:

It's good, if graphically dated. Is there a reason you're considering it over Civ IV?

It been more likely to run on my laptop and just wanting to start getting into games like this.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options

Shoot

I am purchasing Civ V, but it not sound like GOTY is worth the extra $5. What 2 DLC Civs should I pick up with it?

It comes with everything but Korea and Wonders, so unless those are the two you want, I'd probably just go for goty

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    There has been a Civ 4 complete pack in past sales, right? And it was $5? My mind's not playing tricks on me?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WiddershinzWiddershinz Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    What are the odds of the Game of Thrones RPG going on daily/flash? That and Kingdoms of Amalamadingdong are all I'm hoping for tbh. And that is apparently stuck in a Rhode Island gulag. Everything else is gravy.

Kingdoms of Amalur isn't even discount a little this sale. Plus it's published by EA, who are currently trying to compete with Steam in the digital marketplace arena. I doubt they'll let Steam discount it.

No, EA don't publish the Steam version apparently.

Steam ID widdershinsaus
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    People still play Men Of War multiplayer?
    Men of War Assault Squad yes, Men of War original I dunno.

• Options
    TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    Bullio wrote: »
    There has been a Civ 4 complete pack in past sales, right? And it was $5? My mind's not playing tricks on me?

The Civ 4 complete pack is 7.50 right now, at 75% off.

Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • Options
    KeysierKeysier Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    anoffday wrote: »

What supersale?

Not sure the specifics, I'm just told that the DLC and G&K was really really cheap, maybe the GOTY edition was cheap? I didn't think that included G&K tho. Either way, I missed it.

If I was lied to, please let me know so I can tell my friend he is an ahole

Keysier on
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Lawndart wrote: »
    @Drake Buddy you forgot one of the biggest selling points (not that I needed anymore). In coop you can combine ships! I think that is all that needed to be said.

Now to wait out for sale price or buy at 40% off.
    Igel wrote: »
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    Alright, I need a recommendation for a Strategy/RPG/Builder/Trader (with action)/4X games. Something that isn't a huge clickfest (moderate ones okay!)

I like:
    Terraria
    MineCraft
    Command and Conquer/Company of Heroes/Dawn of War
    X3
    Star Ruler

Any Suggestions? It needs some action.

ETA: @Broncbuster , because fast thread is fast.

Now I want Evochron, which isn't helping.
    From a strategy point of view, you may like Sword of the Stars/Endless Space.
    Slightly more actiony (but still a 4x) is Sins of a Solar Empire.
    I'd also like to take a moment to recommend Nexus: The Jupiter incident, which only I appear to have ever played (except people I've given it to). It might float your Strategy/Action boat, and its..er..£2.

Thanks, I own the first Sword of the Stars, but for some reason it didn't grab me.

I'm curious about Endless Space, and Nexus. I'll have to do some research.

I can vouch for Endless Space, I've had fun with it and find it very well done.

Thanks, I'll take a look at it. I didn't see much involved combat it it though or did I just get a bad impression?

Endless Space does have combat but it's not real time, more like an odd hybrid of turn based combat and card game combat.

Each battle has three main combat phases (long range, medium range, and close range), and during each phase you can pick from your available combat abilities. Each of these abilities gives you a combat boost of some kind, and some counter-act enemy abilities to give you an even greater advantage.

Ah, sound interesting but I'm going to back burner that a bit. Thanks for the clarity.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    signature.png

Well I've given away all the ME I can afford.

If Beyond Good & Evil goes on sale, though? I'll probably spread a few copies of those around.

I think everyone's going to help me out with that one, though!

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited July 2012

Shoot

I am purchasing Civ V, but it does not sound like GOTY is worth the extra $5. What 2 DLC Civs should I pick up with it?

Grab the Spain & Inca doublepack & Polynesia. For $3.10, that gives you 3 civilizations that all play very differently from the others as well as a few scenarios.
    If you like tech-heavy civs, then I'd grab Korea or Babylon but you don't really need both since either one will fill that slot.
    I didn't care much for the Vikings but if you're more war inclined than I am, your opinion may vary.
    Don't bother with the map-only DLC.
    The ancient wonders pack isn't bad but it's not really necessary either.

Oh and definitely get the Gods & Kings expansion pack when you get a chance. Adds a lot to the game.

EDIT: If you're really strapped for cash, just grab Polynesia. It's by far the most unusual civilization in the game - it lets you explore the oceans before everyone else and it lets you create unique improvements on the map that can boost your culture but only if you create a lot of them.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Bullio wrote: »

The Civ 4 complete pack is 7.50 right now, at 75% off.

Weird, not coming up in search for me. Sounds like a great deal though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    I get home from a long day to see that @Karoz had gifted me FEAR 3. You are in a class of classiness all by yourself, good sir. Thank you so much!

• Options
    AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    Oh God...Civ. I tried a buddy's copy of Civ IV once last year. It was ~10pm, I figured I'd start it up, see how it worked, then head to bed.

4 hrs later, I pretty much decided that Civ was bad for me. Well, for my sleep schedule, anyway.

I'm scared.

The Newell calls...and yet, I know I must resist.

Help, guys.

• Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Somebody tell me how to vote. I have two of the options already and don't give even a tiny shit about the other one.

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Somebody tell me how to vote. I have two of the options already and don't give even a tiny shit about the other one.

Mostly my position (No interest in MW3), so I just spread the DX love everywhere.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular

I say Deus Ex, because when given the opportunity, always vote Deus Ex

It's how I live every day of my life

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Let me regal you a story about @Gear Girl He asked the chat to guess a number between 1 and 1000. I was closest, with something in the 800's. What was my prize for this?

Not just Fear 3, but Rage, and Dead rising: Off the record as well. Let his classiness ring across the heavens.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, Gods and Kings will come later. Thanks for the info, guys. This purchase will conclude personal purchases for the Summer Sale. A ninja gift or two still lay in the stash though...

Unless TWD goes to $5.00, then all bets are off. And I'll probably have to sleep on one of your couches, because my wife will have kicked me out.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    @Zebukiel hit me with Virtual Families, a game I have never heard of before this day.... I have a suspicion this may require a spite-gift in retaliation
    @cardboard delusions continues his classy assault with Quantum Conundrum.

You guys rock

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    So American Nightmare really likes crashing my computer. What little I've played makes me want to play more so badly I'll probably just get it on Xbox Live.

You win this time Remedy.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »

What supersale?

Not sure the specifics, I'm just told that the DLC and G&K was really really cheap, maybe the GOTY edition was cheap? I didn't think that included G&K tho. Either way, I missed it.

If I was lied to, please let me know so I can tell my friend he is an ahole

Yeah, Civ 5 got a pretty good sale, but I think G&K only dropped to like 25 bucks or so.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    So is DR2: Off the Record good?

I loved the shit out DR2 on the 360, and I don't own DR2 on the PC. Does Off the Record give me the same world to just fuck around and kill zombies in? Survivors to rescue?

I don't really care about any "story", it's a dead rising game, I just love the gameplay.

Oh also, I'm stockpiling some gifts for a big giveaway or two at the end of the sale, but here's something to whet appetites for now. Adventure Time group, and if you somehow manage to be a non-forum user who wormed your way into the group I'll have it re-rolled, so just save everyone's time and don't bother.

signature.png

Enjoy!

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    It came down to an intense choice between Civ V and Dead Rising 2: OTR, but in the end I chose Civ only because it was cheaper. I swear now I am done with the sale (Unless ARMA2 goes daily.)

• Options
    AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    Skyrim.
    AnakinOU wrote: »
    Oh God...Civ. I tried a buddy's copy of Civ IV once last year. It was ~10pm, I figured I'd start it up, see how it worked, then head to bed.

4 hrs later, I pretty much decided that Civ was bad for me. Well, for my sleep schedule, anyway.

I'm scared.

The Newell calls...and yet, I know I must resist.

Help, guys.

Ha! I did it! I avoided Civ addiction and the inevitable divorce that follows, and I *STILL* served the Newell.

TOTALLY unrelated side note: Civ DLC can sometimes add up to your entire Steam Wallet balance and complete a buddy's collection at the same time.

This discussion has been closed.