As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[StarCraft 2] THIS THREAD IS OVER. POST IN THE NEW ONE PEOPLE!

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    MajOr on the edge of a reverse all-kill.

EDIT: and InControl giving Thorzain all of the shit about being a new EG member.

Invictus on
    Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Incontrol interviewing thorzain was pretty awesome.

And nice comeback by major, didn't think he had it in him.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Hellions are pretty frustrating units to play against :| Just watching Major send hellion group after hellion group into Hyun's bases is painful.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    btw I love holding all ins tvt. siege or with scvs or whatever, all feels awesome.

if I see gas I just assume it now, no one plays conservatively with their gas (except me)

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    jeez hyun protect your mutas, good god

• Options
    These TSL4 portraits make people look really really evil. Especially curious and major so far.

• Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    Nice comeback by Major.

JonnyREcco just joined Dignitas. Nice pick-up, he has the talent to be a great foreigner Zerg with some dedicated practice.

• Options
    redraptorredraptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    The portraits drag everything else down, I think skipping them could have been good.

Also now you can only Agree on posts? That is much more useful.

redraptor on
  • Options
    JibbaJibba Registered User regular
    Ahahahhahahha he popped his shorts open.

• Options
    Hmm, dunno about that redraptor. And the TSL4 race symbols work way better in motion, in the introduction video.

• Options
    redraptorredraptor Registered User regular
    Day9 has transformed fully from analytical caster to guy who makes noises you would make on a roller coaster.

• Options
    KambingKambing Registered User regular
    Curious. What does this say?

저그전장기전은 아직 어캐해야할지몰겟넹 'ㅅ'

Google says:

I still eokaehaeyahaljimolgetneng zerg long war 'ㅅ'

I'm not familiar with the eokaehaeyahaljimolgetneng.

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    when I copy paste that and put it in a translator, i get this
    I have long-term war before the terminally ill person, who still Henin Armageddon: "I didn't know" Farrah Fawcett

of course i just assumed it was korean

i hope this clarifies the matter

Lilnoobs on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Comcast is such shit. I can't answer the phone without killing the internet and phone in the whole house.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Cantido wrote: »
    Comcast is such shit. I can't answer the phone without killing the internet and phone in the whole house.

56k fo life

(Also the slogan of @Dhalphir )

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    I feel bad for naniwa, probably getting knocked out of the WCS qualifiers by sortof as well. I don't understand how he can have such success in code S, almost beating DRG. And then play this badly.

• Options
    itswebitsweb Registered User regular
    Major is so sick

• Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I think it's something along the lines of "I still don't know how to directly get to zerg long war" ???

So I guess something about being frustrated about not knowing how to get to zerg late game, or how to deal with it?

crucialityfactor on
  • Options
    PantsB wrote: »
    Cantido wrote: »

56k fo life

(Also the slogan of @Dhalphir)

Good point. What the fuck kind of broadband behaves like 56k?

• Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    I feel bad for naniwa, probably getting knocked out of the WCS qualifiers by sortof as well. I don't understand how he can have such success in code S, almost beating DRG. And then play this badly.

Different formats. He's probably more comfortable when he has time to prepare for a single matchup instead of the gauntlet of a more standard bracket.

• Options
    It certainly seems that way. But he played terrible until the first attack, which lost him the game in this case, and then stretched the game out for a really long time due to suddenly playing like he usually does. Ah well, can at least hope for a thorzain win at least.

• Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    hooray for recco joining dignitas

hopefully that'll get the dude to more tourneys

• Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    see those win%s posted on ret?

sometimes I feel the casters overly favor (bad) players and get them (good) rep

• Options
    shwaipshwaip Registered User regular
    this PvZ is ZzZ. I predict ret loses because he turned too many of his corrupters into BLs.

• Options
    Oh carriers, lovely how useless they are unless they catch the zerg by surprise.

• Options
    SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I can't wait until Chill and Apollo start casting TSL4.

EDIT: Really nice timing attack by Squirtle there, extremely one sided engagement
    EDIT2: Oh jesus Squirtle just got manhandled by Ret

Saaruto on
    If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    This Bo3 between Thorzain and SortOf series is goddamn bananas. So many intense games that went down to the fucking wire.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    JibbaJibba Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    >.>

That loss was so, so familiar by Ret. Big economic lead -> massive overlord losses during moderately dangerous push -> no more larva.

Jibba on
  • Options
    grubby explaining why to not go for an all in in a final set, awesome and funny

"you want to give yourself a chance to be impressed by your own genius"

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    grubby explaining why to not go for an all in in a final set, awesome and funny

"you want to give yourself a chance to be impressed by your own genius"

i'd say that it's more that you want to force a long game and hope your opponent makes more mistakes than you.

if you're gonna cheese, cheese early in a series.

• Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    SortOf made this insanely close. Both series were fucking tense. SortOf is seriously king of engaging in ZvT. Perfect engagements almost every time. Holy crap.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    Sortof is pretty damn good at ZvP too, taking out Sase and Nani is not a small feat.

• Options
    Looooose my miiiiiiiiiiiiiind~

God, huge deja vu. Thorzain winning a super tense series, coming out onto that circular stage with incontrol and collapsing onto the chair.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    when will VODs be up? the live report thread says "after the broadcast" but that is now and they are not here.

• Options
    I'm gonna miss the Thor unit. Terran will always be OP, but they will never be as manly without Thor.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Thors are still in the game. Unchanged.

• Options
    Twitch vods of Swedish finals are up: http://www.twitch.tv/dreamhacktv/b/326537522

Thorzain vs SortOf starts 10:22:40 or so. There's another video after this.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    squirtle vs. taeja, commentated by I think TLO and someone else

http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/ESV TV

edit - oh it's orb

Variable on
  • Options
    SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    Squirtle said in his TSL4 interview that he was worried about playing Taeja, and that at their current levels he would probably lose. Then he proceeds to get stomped by Taeja in the ESV tourney...

If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I forgot tsl is over several weeks derrrrrrrrr

edit - I gotta start streaming again. I got super bummed when my vods were all choppy but whatever, I've been having fun games lately I think they'd be enjoyable even if you can only watch them live.

Variable on