As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[StarCraft 2] THIS THREAD IS OVER. POST IN THE NEW ONE PEOPLE!

• Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    Taeja got away with murder there. Still not sure exactly how soulkey threw that away. Overmade lings perhaps and didn't expand behind his aggression, and Taeja spotted the tech switch and punished the SHIT out of him for it.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    itswebitsweb Registered User regular
    Euphemon wrote: »
    Taeja got away with murder there. Still not sure exactly how soulkey threw that away. Overmade lings perhaps and didn't expand behind his aggression, and Taeja spotted the tech switch and punished the SHIT out of him for it.
    Taeja is in zen mode, he can and will find and punish even the slightest of mistakes

• Options
    SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Whenever I turn on something by OGN I'm just half expecting BW Terran music and old zealot sound effects.

I've also been favoring the Dark Knight Rises soundtrack in lieu of commentary as well.

Saaruto on
    If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    God damn, there is so much Starcraft I missed that I want to catch up on. Currently, I have a Chrome window open with 4 tabs waiting for my digestion; the last 2 games of Major v Hyun, the GSTL finals, the ESV Finals, and the WCS Sweden qualifiers final between SorftOf and Thorzain.

I also want to play Starcraft, and my friends are constantly bugging me to play LoL with them. I need to either drop some real life responsibilities like work, running, and social contact, or start sleeping 4 hours a night. School is right around the corner again too...

• Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    Holy SHIT. Again. Taeja with a comeback. That sigh soulkey did after losing game 2 was so sad. You can tell that's a guy who's like FUCK SC2 and FUCK TERRAN. So I guess, that means he's adapted already, fitting right in.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Just watch SC2. Playing is for children.

Lilnoobs on
  • Options
    Btw, everyone knows you can use the stream link for OGN for free HD in widescreen right? http://hd.ognp2p.gscdn.com/ognhdlive

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Euphemon wrote: »
    Holy SHIT. Again. Taeja with a comeback. That sigh soulkey did after losing game 2 was so sad. You can tell that's a guy who's like FUCK SC2 and FUCK TERRAN. So I guess, that means he's adapted already, fitting right in.

It did not seem to me that Soulkey was ever really ahead in g2.

More or less went all-in with endless off-creep baneling pushes, backed up by a good but not great eco, until he ran out of steam.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I don't see this series going well for Jaehoon

EDIT: I really wish this entire retrospective thing was subtitled

Saaruto on
    If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    3 games, 3 zerg all ins, 3 wins

keep allining me zergs, those wins are so much easier than the macro games

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Check your ye olde style mods for updates. Evertyhing is back to perfect again.

• Options
    redraptorredraptor Registered User regular
    I couldn't watch WCS because of TSL4.

Stupid oversaturation of weekend content. Leagues need to start combining like when all those comicbook crossovers happened in the mid 90s.

NASL + IPL = NIPL - ex-playboy bunnies in Las Vegas, with the sound unable to turn on

MLG + IEM = MLGIMME - giant prize pools which never get paid out

TSL + DreamHack + WCS = World Champions of LiquidDream Series - although this happens in many tournaments this one is almost certainly guaranteed to be won by an adolescent male

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    there used to be billions of weekly replay packs from all sorts of good players on TL - EU GMs, KR Masters, all noname but really good

now there's nothing

whats going on, I don't know where to find good replay packs anymore

• Options
    redraptorredraptor Registered User regular
    drop.sc is best source for replays since you can just search for Korean GM games and get more than anywhere else, but they have server trouble right now

other than that you can subscribe to the ESV tournaments and get korean replays, or use the TL replay packs when they come out (if its Taeja/hero/zenio)

• Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    Today's lesson in SC2:

Decide to ask people to help you with an achievement once you've effectively lost a game, and you'll never lose again.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Lol, TLO just busted a Terran through a 4 barracks wall with 2 bunkers behind it by walking 8 queens across the map to support his roaches.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Lol, TLO just busted a Terran through a 4 barracks wall with 2 bunkers behind it by walking 8 queens across the map to support his roaches.

I'm totally stealing the creep spread we saw yesterday. I learned there's no real reason to not have a zerg base producing queens unless you need research or a base morph. Excess queens are free to shit all over the map. Combined with careful Overlord control, the map is yours.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Nah, this was a timing. When his pool finished he pumped queens off both hatches and as soon as his 5th and 6th popped he strolled them across the map, reinforced with a dozen roaches and 2 more queens, and horribly murdered the guy.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Nah, this was a timing. When his pool finished he pumped queens off both hatches and as soon as his 5th and 6th popped he strolled them across the map, reinforced with a dozen roaches and 2 more queens, and horribly murdered the guy.

Okay true. I only walked in on the creep being everywhere because I was ill as hell. I didn't see how he did it.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Man, it feels like everyone is saying they will do the Gangnam style dance if they win a tournament or whatever. Huk is saying, then Clutch said he would do it at the next MLG...

I have no interest in seeing this.

There is only one man on this earth who I want to see do that dance.
    OoB04.jpg

Sceptre on
  • Options
    I cannot see that picture.

• Options
    That's a shame. It's a real awesome picture.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Your sig isn't anywhere near as cool now that you have that avatar, Dhal.

• Options
    But his avatar is being judgmental.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    But it isn't as smug as smugface!

• Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    Is anything as smug as smugface?

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Smugface was @Dhalphir 's best work ever...but the jailed avatar was what put him on the map. There's going to be a day when Dhal gets fiber internet or something and all of us are going to drown in smugness.

Saaruto on
    If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I'm wondering if Dhal's current avatar got mod changed. I swear it used to say "unacceptable", because you know, forum changes are serious business.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Blizzard needs to update bnet so that just because I play random in 4s doesn't mean I want to random in single ladder.

>.<'

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    So naniwa just has awful PvZ it seems. How did he take two games off DRG.

• Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I have no idea what Naniwa is trying to do in these two games

Has Phoenix Colossus ever been a thing?

TannerMS on
  • Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    recco straight rolllliingg nani (in this game at least, didn't see the last one)

edit: i've seen it before

i reaaallyyy don't know why though

Biosys on
  • Options
    Fairly sure he is trying to make sure upsets keep happening.

Was pretty obvious in his games against Sortof as well (they played three best of threes this weekend, where he lost two of them, and won one). It's not that these guys are playing zerg badly, but Naniwa is not living up to his potential as shown by deep code S runs.

• Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    First game looked basically the same (Naniwa has some good aggression, sits on three bases until he dies to Broods)

• Options
    Naniwa just lets zergs get a free fourth base, and then loses to infestors when his attack hits right before broodlords, and then he dies to the broodlords. I have no idea at all why it happens, but for some reason his agression is just not effective at all.

• Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    Jonny Wreck Ya

• Options
    TannerMS wrote: »
    I have no idea what Naniwa is trying to do in these two games

Has Phoenix Colossus ever been a thing?

Phoenix colo is good vs p.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    did nani say something in game at the end of game 1? I only heard the commentators saying he was upset with the game

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Jonny please drop creep on toss' third

overlord's right there

have had lair for ages

super easy move

super effective
    :(

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Variable wrote: »
    did nani say something in game at the end of game 1? I only heard the commentators saying he was upset with the game

Think they are just assuming it, since nani tends to get frustrated when he doesn't play up to his potential. As far as I know at least.

Frozenzen on