As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blood Bowl] Blood Bowl 3 is out; praise Nuffle!

• Options
    ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I'm planning to stream a game or two starting at about 8 est. I'll post a link in this message once I'm set up, so if you're interested stop on by.

Edit: Here we go:

ShadowofVT on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    TIFunkalicious hey when are you free to get our match in?

joshofalltrades I am available til late tonight or pretty much anytime sunday

Sunday would be best

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    @Phoenix-D What's your steam name again? Mine's the same as on here.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    The Ariagful Aurochs vs The Splats game has been concluded with a score of 0-4 in favor of Ariagful

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Ouch!

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Just wanted to let y’all know that there’s a new entrant into the, uh, Wissen Cup?

Whatever you’re calling it these days.

Prepare for the exact level of your inferiority to be displayed for all to see.
    I am so bad at this game.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    May all your success be exactly as Nuffle decrees.

• Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    TIFunkalicious hey when are you free to get our match in?

joshofalltrades I am available til late tonight or pretty much anytime sunday

Sunday would be best

@joshofalltrades I'm available whenever

• Options
    @TIFunkalicious I’m online now. What’s your Steam name?

• Options
    @TIFunkalicious I’m online now. What’s your Steam name?

Steam name is Travis Ross

the picture should be Chargin Chuck from mario

• Options
    Class Clowns lost 1-2, would've been better if I had stalled more in the first half and would have been worse if his block rolls hadn't been so unlucky

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Khemri squeak a win in. 1-0 Khemri. 2 injuries both sides as we ground it out on the line of scrimmage.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    After a 1-0 slugfest between the Liche Leaguers and Uhhhhh....... Name? the Round Robin has been advanced. This weeks matchups are

@Phoenix-D Halflings vs @Ketar Wood Elf
    @Moridin889 Khemri vs @joshofalltrades Goblins
    @Veevee Ogres vs @Lord_Asmodeus Chaos Dwarf
    @RickRude Orc vs @TIFunkalicious Undead

In WIssen Cup news, I believe @MrBody and their Kislev Circus team is the last outstanding invite leaving us with one last spot, assuming the invite is accepted. If anyone would like to join now would be your last opportunity. Please make a new team and join the league through the game, or let me know your BB2 Coach name and the team you'd like to play and I'll send it an invite directly. I hope to have this started by midweek or next weekend at the latest, so please let me know sooner rather than later.

If you have already joined but want to change your team, now is your last chance. If you want to change but would rather not go through the hassle of actually doing it in game because of Cyanide, I understand. Send me a pm me here or on steam after making the new team and let me know you'd like to switch to it and i'll drop your current team and send an invite to the new one.

Veevee on
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    This was an amazing replay. Final round of a tournament before the playoffs. My dead last Goblin team vs. the #1 team (dwarves).

My team value of 1000 vs his 1800 o_O

You would think it would be an instant slaughter, like my last 3 where I had to concede before halftime.

But this one was a nailbiter! Wizards, fouls, even Morg n' Thorg! It all came down to the wire.

Copy the file to your My documents/bloodbowl2/profiles/replays/ folder

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k77wtezk2blcmob/Coach-174420-b18641289aadd60714f2b5b03b4ebbfc_2019-02-24_13_43_33.bbrz?dl=0

MrBody on
  • Options
    The Ariagful Aurochs vs Uhhhhh.... Name? Game is about to start if anyone is interested.

• Options
    Come watch, I have streaming turned on for friends

• Options
    Man, I'm at work :(

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »

I'm at my son's intro to volleyball class. It, uh, resembles Blood Bowl more than it should at times.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Well, it was a bloody game with 8 or 9 injuries between us, but no deaths. Hindenburg the gnoblar did lose a movement point though. Hindenburg's time with the team was promising, but like everything else in blood bowl it had to end in tragedy.

Game ended 2-0 for the Chaos Dwarfs. Ended perfectly with a double skull roll stunning an Ogre, too.

Edit: For future reference, I believe you can watch steam streaming through the steam website

Veevee on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    Moridin889 wrote: »

I'm at my son's intro to volleyball class. It, uh, resembles Blood Bowl more than it should at times.

You see the same thing in multiplayer basketball video games.Everybody goes after the ball. Everybody hogs the shot. Everybody converges on the ball on defense. Nobody passes. It would become ArchRivals if it was in the code.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    elves vs halflings, on now

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Very first action requires a reroll. Fortunately I have nine.

edit: accidental pass to a tree!

Phoenix-D on
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »

The halfling master chef rolled well enough that for the first half the halflings had 9 rerolls and the elves had 0. My good wardancer failed a 2 die block, I couldn't reroll it, and he was injured.

Bood Bowl!

• Options
    Ketar wrote: »
    Phoenix-D wrote: »

The halfling master chef rolled well enough that for the first half the halflings had 9 rerolls and the elves had 0. My good wardancer failed a 2 die block, I couldn't reroll it, and he was injured.

Bood Bowl!

And the accidental tree pass worked. Still sad I overextended the tree and he got blocked. It probably wouldn't have worked, but..

• Options
    Gridiron Geists advance their win streak to 3!

• Options
    Looks like there is 1 game to go for the round robin. I'll get the round advanced once it's played putting us into the back half of the competition. If I have everything set correctly, once we finish round 7 the top 4 teams will get a ticket to a knock out tournament to determine the top team, and the bottom 4 will also get a ticket to a consolation knock out competition.

In Wissen Cup news, once @MrBody accepts the invite we will have 10 teams and I'll get the competition started.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular

I wasn't sure what to do in that game to be honest. I think I was too passive when you got your mummy cage going. Kept trying to put pressure from the back bit it didn't work and got intimidated by your mummies. Didn't help you were out bashing me and killed one of my players :(

Was a fun game but I felt lucky to lose 2-1

• Options
    RickRude wrote: »

I wasn't sure what to do in that game to be honest. I think I was too passive when you got your mummy cage going. Kept trying to put pressure from the back bit it didn't work and got intimidated by your mummies. Didn't help you were out bashing me and killed one of my players :(

Was a fun game but I felt lucky to lose 2-1

He misplayed in the first half when he tried to dodge his ghoul through the mid scuffle. He could've gone on the outside and scored before you did, shutting you out entirely.

You didn't pressure the front of the mummy cage very hard, letting him move multiple rows for free more than once. You focused 3 pieces on his journeyman zombie multiple turns to no avail, and your last lineup on the sideline you were lucky he didn't push your super buff blitzer down and out. You were scared of the mummies but you have block on a lot of dudes and av9. Needed to mark and punch a lot more. Mummies only have ma3

• Options
    edited March 2019
    The PA Wissen Cup has started! First round of games are

@Veevee Norse, Norsing Aroun' vs @Ketar Bretonian, Army of LARPness
    @Moridin889 High Elf, Allies of Alith Anar vs @Elvenshae High Elf, Better Than You?
    @MrBody Kislev Circus, Cirque d'So Lame vs @TIFunkalicious Amazon, The Mighty Rerolls
    @Lord_Asmodeus Skaven, Morskittar Globadiers vs @ShadowofVT Lizardmen, Lizards on the Rocks
    @RickRude Vampire, Seekers of Bloood vs @TheLawinator Nurgle, Rot and Trot

The way a Wissen competition works is that after this week you will only be scheduled to play another team at a similar win/loss record. If you win this round you will play someone who also won, and if you lose you will play someone who lost (Except for the lucky two because there will be 5 winners and losers this round). Round after that, if you won or lost both rounds you will play against someone who did both as well. So on and so forth for 7 rounds until a champion is determined.

At the end of the 7 round competition, the top half will receive an auto invite to the next competition while the bottom half will have an opportunity to make a new team to join in the next round. I would prefer the top half not change teams, but if you really don't want to keep playing as that team then I won't force you, we are here for fun after all. I will insist the bottom two teams make new teams though. These new teams will be experienced teams set to the average team value of the competition, and they must be a different race than your previous team.

In Round Robin news, @joshofalltrades and @Moridin889 is the last game of the round. Once it gets played I'll advance the round.

Veevee on
  • Options
    How did the two elf teams end up playing each other the first round?!

• Options
    Blame the three yard elf PC.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    ShadowofVT wrote: »

The game will consist entirely of the whole group standing around the centerline, talking about how déclassé the remaining competition will be.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    ShadowofVT wrote: »

The game gave me the option of assigning the first round or letting the Three Yard Elf decide.

Blame Nuffle, not me.

Edit: I am around to play today if anyone wants to play a friendly. The results aren't saved so we can use our league teams. Sending me a message on steam is generally the best and quickest way to get in contact to play a match.

@Ketar let me know when you'll be available.

Veevee on
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    The Morskittar Globadiers vs Lizards on the Rocks game ended 3-0 for Morskittar, though one of my players did die.

Lord_Asmodeus on
  • Options
    The Morskittar Globadiers vs Lizards on the Rocks game ended 3-0 for Morskittar, though one of my players did die.

Was just not my game. I thought I was in good position on the first few turns after receiving the first kickoff. I definitely got greedy and tried to score early, and didn't protect the ball as well as I should have. I got punished for it with those damn gutter runners, and they ended up scoring . After that it was all downhill. The rats caught their next kickoff deep on my side of the field thanks to a Blitz! event (I still think that should be removed, it's way too powerful) and scored the turn after, so it was 2-0 going into the half. Then it started raining, which made it damn near impossible for a starting lizard team to pick up the ball.

• Options
    @MrBody when do you want to play the wissen cup game?

• Options
    Tomorrow's pretty open most of the day.

• Options
    I'd only be able to play late, like after 11PM Central

The rest of my week is pretty free in the evenings if that's an issue

• Options
    I can play now.

• Options
    Sorry for holding up the round robin, three out of four kids getting sick and one of them the baby :(