Check out this thread for an update on DJ Eebs.

[Batman]

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Ad astra wrote: »
    So, what's the general consensus?

Do people think they will

A. Reboot the franchise?
    B. Continue the Nolanverse with JGL as the lead?
    C. None of the above?

I think they will reboot it.

WB is rebooting it. Except plans fell apart for Nolan to continue being a producer on the franchise.
    Ad astra wrote: »
    If, and let's be honest here, when they reboot it. I hope they go with a somewhat lighter tone. I'm not saying Batman and Robin, or Adam West camp, but something that isn't as bleak as the Nolan movies. I loved the Nolan movies, but I don't know if I could take more of their almost unrelentingly grim atmosphere.

Also, if they make it lighter in tone, they could have some of Batman's "wackier" villains. I'd love to see a good version of Mister Freeze, or Poison Ivy on the big screen.

Agreed. I'd like an incarnation that's like a live action Batman: TAS.

Harry Dresden on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I'm getting tired of the reboots.

A friend of mine asked a good question; Why can't they do super hero movies like James Bond movies? Same character, different actors sometimes, new stories.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »

A friend of mine asked a good question; Why can't they do super hero movies like James Bond movies? Same character, different actors sometimes, new stories.

they did that with batman through the entire 90s pretty much

nolan was the first 'reboot' of batman in awhile.

theyll probably reboot again because nolan doesn't wanna do anymore and he was such a large part of the past 3 movies, that continuing the same universe without him would be really hard to pull off.

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    I'd love it if they went with option B, but there's pretty much no way they're going to do that.

Since they'll be rebooting it, I'd like to see them make the Detective part the primary focus. Especially since reboot-Batman will be the one for the Justice League movie and he's combat prowess isn't going to look that amazing with Superman, Wonder Woman, and Flash on the team.

I'd also like him to be a little more light-hearted so he'll fit with the group better.

Not quite:
    HappyBirthdayAdamWest!.jpg

But maybe somewhere around:
    superman_batman06.jpg

Or:
    bat-family.jpg

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Nogs wrote: »

they did that with batman through the entire 90s pretty much

nolan was the first 'reboot' of batman in awhile.

theyll probably reboot again because nolan doesn't wanna do anymore and he was such a large part of the past 3 movies, that continuing the same universe without him would be really hard to pull off.

True, true. . .

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    the reason for reboots is because moat older superhero flicks felt the need to kill iconic villains

7656367.jpg
  • ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    Re: Bane mask shaving question. I like to imagine there's a Vader chamber he uses like in ESB.

edited July 2012

Marvel's going to do that with their movies. (Not with properties that are licensed to other studios.)

Harry Dresden on
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    option b would be absolutely the most horrendous thing since you know wb would miss the point entirely

• BigBearBigBear If your life had a face, I would punch it. Registered User regular
    So I saw this last week, and I'm going to see it again tomorrow evening with the family. It was really good. Fantastic way to end the Nolanverse Batman trilogy, lots of high stakes and good characters too.

I think I'm comfortable saying that Anne Hathaway was the best on-screen version of Catwoman I've seen so far. Better than Michelle Pfeiffer, Julie Newmar, Eartha Kitt, or anyone else. She just got the character of Selina Kyle down so well, without being too corny about it like other Catwomen have been. It also really helps that her character was worked into the story and plot in a good way, too.

hathaway ruled because she was chewing scenery every time

i loved it

and not gnawing pieces of it off, just nibbling the edges a bit

also i'm gonna go see this again tomorrow

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Yeah, she didn't walk around going MEEEEOOOWW BATMAN

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Also eventually series carry so much baggage it's easier to say fuck it all and dump all of the baggage.

Although the one thing that the 90's batman movies did by themselves is that they all worked very well as movies by themselves.

TrippyJing wrote: »

yeah but she was definitely chewing it a bit

everything she said had this very slightly hammy edge to it and it was great

• Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »

in a way that wasn't like

MEEEEOOOWW BATMAN THESE JEWELS ARE PURRRRR-FECT

just like, hey guys, i'm a sexy master thief in a comic book movie, what of it

it didn't undermine the character at all

• CowSharkCowShark Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, but they wrote her part well. Even slightly hammy, it felt less hammy than every other portrayal of Catwoman I've ever watched.

Edit: The only thing I really remember going, "That was overly gratuitous" was when she used her foot to hit a button or lever on the window washer's perch that was like, right at chest height. The perfect height for manual manipulation. Well, that and the way she would mount/dismount the bike.

CowShark on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    What's that from, Morrison's Batman?

Yeah.
    Three Ghosts of Batman: Bat-Cop, Bat-Bane, and Bat-Devil. They were some secret experiment Dr. Hurt did with Batman and three GCPD guys to have back-up Batmen in case something ever happened to the real one, and then Batman was hypnotized or whatever to forget the whole thing ever happened until he started having to fight the dudes.

Pretty sure Bat-Bane is dead now, and Bat-Devil is the new Azrael. Can't remember what happened to Bat-Cop.
    It's really neat because they fit to the Christmas Carol types of Past, Present, and Future too

Bat-Cop is Batman as he originally appeared in 1939

Bat-Bane is, I think symbolic of the Dark Knight Returns conception of Batman and Bane at the same time

and Bat-Devil shows up in the future to fight Damian in Batman #666

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular

Well that was intentional. She was using her jokes and junk as a defence mechanism.

• Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular

Talking about chewing the scenery, Tom Hardy was devouring it as Bane... and I loved it!

Bane always sounded so happy to be doing evil and beating the shit out of people.

• Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    you know I probably would never want to watch the movie my parents got killed at again

xmassig2.gif
    Oh man, just noticed in Begins there is a Zsasz shout out

Also in rises.
    It totally makes sense for the scarecrow being in the third movie.

He is a league of shadows bro after all.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    you know I probably would never want to watch the movie my parents got killed at again

And THAT'S why you'll never be Batman.

this is where i post that picture of superman giving batman zorro on dvd for christmas

• HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    I don't know what to think about this movie.

I was entertained but at that same time not enjoying what was being presented.

Couldn't wait what was going to happen to next but wanted it to just end.

At the end of the movie I wanted more Batman but had absolutely had no desire to see Rises again.

steam_sig.png
    i'm really looking forward to seeing it again

i know there's a bunch of stuff i missed this time around, thematically

wanna watch it again when i'm not just hyper stoked about batman

edited July 2012
    Also, I was super psyched to realize that Batmanuel was the mayor, which I guess I just didn't notice in TDK, since I hadn't watched the Tick in a while at that point.

CowShark on
    Also in rises it was pointed out.
    They just fucking kill the mayor in the background shot and it is never addressed.

• ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    At the end of the movie I wanted more Batman but had absolutely had no desire to see Rises again.

At the end of the movie I just wanted more Bane. That happens a lot with Batman, villains so good he gets overlooked.

edited July 2012
    Blake T wrote: »
    They just fucking kill the mayor in the background shot and it is never addressed.
    Noooo.... Batmanuel![/
    ]

CowShark on
    wait.

I remember the threat, but did it actually happen?

I thought it was subtly dropped for different plots

7656367.jpg
    wait.

in rises
    he's in the box that explodes at the game

CowShark wrote: »
    Also, I was super psyched to realize that Batmanuel was the mayor, which I guess I just didn't notice in TDK, since I hadn't watched the Tick in a while at that point.

Didn't realize that was the same guy.

I love how he has perpetual eyeliner on. He must have the thickest individual eyelash hairs of any man.

steam_sig.png
    see
    i could've SWORN I saw him again after that and there was a threat to his life and he got over it

also I remember him at the bat statue dedication

7656367.jpg
    wait.

Bane marches onto the ground to find the umpire's mike and in the background his box just fucking explodes and bane marches on.

I love how he has perpetual eyeliner on. He must have the thickest individual eyelash hairs of any man.

It's not eyeliner.

Every time he is hired, he is asked to tone down the eye makeup.

Everytime he says, yeah I don't wear any.

Gotham had bigger things to worry about by then.

It's not eyeliner.

Every time he is hired, he is asked to tone down the eye makeup.

Everytime he says, yeah I don't wear any.

Yeah I know.

Thats why I want to see one of those eyelash hairs first hand.

steam_sig.png
    Mascara and eyeliner are different things.

This discussion has been closed.