Options

The [Phall]ympic Games! - Cheater Victory!

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    He claims that he was not on around 2:AM EST despite his timestamp to the contrary.
    roman made no posts between 11:31pm and 6:03am EDT. What timestamp are you talking about?
    profile last active timestamp
    Oh. I'm pretty sure that refreshes itself periodically if you have a browser open to the PA forums.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    He claims that he was not on around 2:AM EST despite his timestamp to the contrary.
    roman made no posts between 11:31pm and 6:03am EDT. What timestamp are you talking about?
    profile last active timestamp
    Oh. I'm pretty sure that refreshes itself periodically if you have a browser open to the PA forums.

It must, because I was busy playing M&B:Warband at the time and my name is on that list too.

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I lurk, your best bet is to assume I AM ALREADY HERE.

• Options
    premium wrote: »
    ...I was busy playing M&B:Warband at the time...
    MP or SP? I'm a big fan of that game, wish there was co-op MP.

Some fun facts about our Archers:
    MrTLicious (B:L)
    adventfalls (Gumpy)
    Langly (Infidel)
    Retaba (B:L)
    premium (Gumpy)
    Diorinix (Infidel)
    enlightenedbum (Infidel)

Two from B:L, two from Gumpy, and three from Infidel.

• Options
    GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    I just had an interesting though. If there is a cheater in this event, he knows all the other cheaters so he will know exactly how many correct choice everyone has made. I will be looking closely at the people who choose later in the day, because if they are cheaters they will know exactly how many people to pick to win gold, while not revealing the whole lift of mafia.

• Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    That's the risk of it. The person who gets gold in this category should probably be seered IMMEDIATELY.

NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
  • Options
    Or really, the top three.

• Options
    DiorinixDiorinix Registered User regular
    Archers are allowed to make multiple posts/attempts...only the last one will count - so all the competitors can use these lists to narrow down and try to get better and better results...

So cheaters would be unwise to one-up the best results, as it shines a light too bright on the other cheaters (assuming they're masoned to each other).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Tie goes to the first posted list.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    You guys wanna talk about why three of you have posted lists, while B:L and Gumpy only have two?

I have no idea what Rend is up to, INANTP killed all internal conversation.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    B:L has at least one more inc.

• Options
    Yes, tie goes to the first, but if a cheater puts a list up that they assume will get the win and someone else gets lucky and puts up a more accurate one, it wouldn't necessarily be wise to put up a better one - how would they know to add 2 more accurate names?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
  • Options
    We know nothing about who else is in the competition. Event participation could be unevenly distributed (much like the real games) or Team Rend could be less active. Hell, Obi might have been an archer.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Now that I'm caught up on what is going on with archery I really see no reason to do all that much today. The interesting part will be in seeing who wins archery and what there list looks like.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    ...I was busy playing M&B:Warband at the time...
    MP or SP? I'm a big fan of that game, wish there was co-op MP.

Last night was SP. If that game had co-op multiplayer for the SP campaign it would be the best thing ever.

Diorinix has the rules right. List 12 names. The winner has the most mafia on their list. The last list of 12 names that you posted is used. If there's a tie it goes to who posted first.

• Options
    We know nothing about who else is in the competition. Event participation could be unevenly distributed (much like the real games) or Team Rend could be less active. Hell, Obi might have been an archer.
    Ted R. Volt (ObiFett) - Team Rend Road Racer and Marathoner
    Seems unlikely.

• Options
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Now that I'm caught up on what is going on with archery I really see no reason to do all that much today. The interesting part will be in seeing who wins archery and what there list looks like.
    Yeah, we're going to have one hell of an interesting logic puzzle tomorrow.

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    I think I'm way too confused based on the fact that I was completely inactive yesterday and a lot of pages came up.

Let me see if I have this right:
    No mafia kill last night (that's really really weird)
    Anialos isn't on my team so I should vote for him
    Archery is an Olympic event

• Options
    Sorry, I didn't double check Obi's status when I posted that.

Theoretically if we did it right and had enough archers we could do quite a lot to find the mafia. But since I got attacked for being focused on that more than winning medals, the likelihood of coordination on that front is unlikely.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    OI'M THE THIRD B:L ARCHAH

ALSO MOI MONEY IS ON THE CHEATERS NOT ATTEMPTING TO WIN GOLD IN THIS EVENT, BUT ATTEMPTING TO WIN SILVER OR BRONZE AND TRYING TO TRICKLE

OR OUTRIGHT NOT WANTING TO GRAB MEDAL IN THIS EVENT DUE TO ITS NATURE AND HEDGING THEIR BETS ON LATER GAMES

BUT WE PROBABLY WON'T KNOW THEIR TAC UNTIL THE GAME IS OVER

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

ALSO MOI MONEY IS ON THE CHEATERS NOT ATTEMPTING TO WIN GOLD IN THIS EVENT, BUT ATTEMPTING TO WIN SILVER OR BRONZE AND TRYING TO TRICKLE

OR OUTRIGHT NOT WANTING TO GRAB MEDAL IN THIS EVENT DUE TO ITS NATURE AND HEDGING THEIR BETS ON LATER GAMES

BUT WE PROBABLY WON'T KNOW THEIR TAC UNTIL THE GAME IS OVER

I will end your caps lock madness.

• Options
    You guys wanna talk about why three of you have posted lists, while B:L and Gumpy only have two?

I have no idea what Rend is up to, INANTP killed all internal conversation.

We were surprised by this, too. Langly was like, "Hey guys , I'm making a Duna-list today for archery, woo!". And then I was all "Me too, dude!", then e-baum was "Um, this is weird, me three".

And, as you can tell with our lists, we don't know if we can trust each other explicitly. The math does work out, though - with only 6 competion days and 50 players, there should be 4 x 8 person events and 2 x 9 person events (especially since the field shrinks each vote).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
  • Options
    Holy crap, INANTP. Not only were you not a part of Team Rend, you created our goddamn message boards?

You should get bandwagoned for that alone.

• Options
    Actually, you know what, let's talk about this for a minute.

Not only did INANTP freaking expose every goddamn member of the game, he actively prevented Team Rend from getting together and getting their team power.

So you know what? Screw him. I needed a name to post.

• Options
    GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    Holy crap, INANTP. Not only were you not a part of Team Rend, you created our goddamn message boards?

You should get bandwagoned for that alone.

Thats fantastic, INANTP I forgive you for your horrendous cokcney yelling post style.

• Options
    Diorinix wrote: »
    We were surprised by this, too. Langly was like, "Hey guys , I'm making a Duna-list today for archery, woo!". And then I was all "Me too, dude!", then e-baum was "Um, this is weird, me three".

And, as you can tell with our lists, we don't know if we can trust each other explicitly.
    You guys need to work that out. You could be covering a much larger field than you are. The three of you are doubled up nine times.

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    6 compitions, 2 events per player, 40 players means 80 spots to fill, there can't be an even distribution of that. On average there should be about thirteen people completing per game, with four different teams it means 3 players per team plus possibly one or two more somewhere.

This is assuming people can only compete in two events, which is by no means confirmed.

• Options

Not only did INANTP freaking expose every goddamn member of the game, he actively prevented Team Rend from getting together and getting their team power.

NOW DID OI DO THAT, OR DID - SINCE MATEV IS A MEMBER OF TEAM INFIDEL - AN INACTIVE PLAY DO THAT

FOOD FOR THOUGHT BLOKE

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Hahaha this is amazing.

WHY IS IT EVERYTIME I TRY TO CLICK POST REPLY IT STOPS ME WITH "DRAFT SAVED" aahahhhhhhhaahhhhhhh

• Options

NOW DID OI DO THAT, OR DID - SINCE MATEV IS A MEMBER OF TEAM INFIDEL - AN INACTIVE PLAY DO THAT

FOOD FOR THOUGHT BLOKE
    You did. If we had known that we were one down, we could have made a more concerted effort in figuring out who we were missing. If Team Rend gets a vig, you're gonna catch that cannonball. Just so you know.

@Kilnaga @Smoove Operator @Matev if one of you is Team Rend, drop me a PM so we can get you on the boards and get our Team power.

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    With the Anialos vote firmly in the lead, I doubt that my joining that bandwagon would amount to anything.

INANTP has earned all of my hate for the reasons Jdark listed.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Yeah that isn't my final list. My final one is gonna have the other two archers in the team and we should talk about spreading out to increase our shots.

• Options
    MOI APOLOGIES FOR PLAYING A FACTION GAME LIKE A FACTION GAME?

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I know it seems counter intuitive but there really isn't a reason to play this game like a villager

• Options
    PARTICULARLY IF IT TURNS OUT THAT THERE REALLY ARE NEARLY NO KILLS

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Taking a cheater out before they nab some medals benefits all teams regardless.

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    MOI APOLOGIES FOR PLAYING A FACTION GAME LIKE A FACTION GAME?

Ah, I see. Then you'll understand if I decide to keep my vote on you.

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Unfortunately I'm going to have to withdraw, RL is taking up more of my time than I thought it would. Apologies to all.

• Options
    Taking a cheater out before they nab some medals benefits all teams regardless.

Actually it only helps the team the cheater is on