As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Phall]ympic Games! - Cheater Victory!

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Good morning phalla

Mill

The vote on Anialos isn't needed because he's getting drug tested, you'll see it tonight apparently in narration

• Options
    Or those people leave their forum pages open when they're not around like I do often.

And they haven't figured out invisible mode.
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/profile/online

For everyone here.

I don't really like this kind of meta-gaming because of different browsing experiences ahava and OS mentioned. There are a few behaviors like this which I watch though (being hesitant to vote when I know people have read posts etc)

• Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    Oh Alegis! Just the person I wanted to talk about in the thread!

From the Gumpy Board:

Alegis
    I'm a filthy spy, please delete my account :(

I did it mostly because I really really wanted to gump. But how much I would wish for it, it won't change the fact that I'm a heathen. Had my doubts about it afterwards because it is a dick move, but I thought my account wasn't being accepted when I went to bed and that the jig was up. At least now you know!

I haven't read any of the other stuff here. At the very least I was glad I inspired the name for the proboard.

In exchange for me being a jerk, ask me in PM some stuff and I'll see what I can do.
    By which I mean I'm a spy from another team, not mafias or whatever.

Mafias wouldn't have to jump through these hoops. So you're still up for searching for mafias in your team!
    and addendum 2: I did it by my own accord. Team actually thought I infiltrated them (because someone made up a story that I applied to B:L which I did not and I still have to find out whoever claimed that)
    which is why we didn't get our power because I was banned

I'm not sure what to make of this now, but I figured I should post this here in case it helps with all the spy/soft networking drama

• Options
    Also apparently we did get our power (which is what I posted about earlier), saw it after I deleted my account on GUMPS

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    You may need to chill a bit, OS.
    Most post-narration posts are reaction posts.
    Not too useful, usually.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    stever777 wrote: »
    You may need to chill a bit, OS.
    Most post-narration posts are reaction posts.
    Not too useful, usually.

Noted. Mafia index increased to 2 :)<3<3<3

• Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Alegis wrote: »
    Also apparently we did get our power (which is what I posted about earlier), saw it after I deleted my account on GUMPS

You got your power despite people not being active? :?

• Options
    Not being active?

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Holy crap, what a weird day.

So, are we voting out the known cheater or not?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    WHY WOULD WE DO THAT?

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    THAT WAS ALSO SARCASM IT'S 'ARD TO COMMUNICATE THAT WHEN YELLING A COCKNEY ACCENT

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Anialos, because cheaters never prosper.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Warning meta and sorry for the drama.

So I'm really confused here. People bitch about inactives and the village not posting enough. So some of us try to liven thing up, kill boredom by posting and we aren't always on the mark. Then we have peeps bitching about that and don't give me crap about it being too close to narration. What are we suppose to do wait for 10 people to post things that aren't consider useless posts, which could take hours? Look we either encourage people to post more often and forgive them for sometimes being off the mark because we're only human and the village is an uninformed mob. Or people need to shut up about the village being inactive if we aren't allowed to make mistakes or post useless posts.

I mean this crap is killing the fun factor and tempting me to just say "Fuck it, too many unreasonable geese here, so I'm taking my ball and going home." I hate to do that but this community isn't leaving me much choice. I think after the Bedlam spat and the thing with Obi, maybe some of you need to stop being geese and look at how you're interacting with other players for a change. You aren't exactly encourage newbies to want to join this community.

• Options
    Ok in plain English:

WE HAVE A PUBLIC SEER

IT WILL BE USED ON ANIALOS

TONIGHT

SO IT'S A SEER. IN NARRATION

• Options
    IN EQUALLY PLAIN ENGLISH:

WE EITHER KILL A MEMBER OF THE MAFIA OR A MEMBER OF AN OPPOSING FACTION

SO WE DON'T CARE

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Mill's got a good point.
    Not that I would encourage quitting, since players can't really control others' actions, no matter how much they yell at them for "not being useful".

Also, as kime would say, "I'm TOTE'S mafia", so ramp up that Mafia Index!

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    ALSO OI'M PRETTY SURE "MISINTERPRETING THE NARRATION" IS SOMETHING WE HAVEN'T KILLED A MAFIA FOR IN YEARS

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    i am so confused right now.

Mill made a mistake. based upon reading the narration in a way that apparently is 'bizarre' to some people, but he wasn't the only one to think that way. Now I'm not sure exactly why he thought Archery was replacing whatever, but I did also think that narration hinted that something happened with the order of events.

I don't understand the whole anialos thing because my brain shuts down when people type in all caps and it makes it difficult to tell what they are saying for me. Sorry, it's an old reflex. So if somebody who isn't high on their horses and not acting like a drunk ass cockney could explain that to me, that would be fantastic.

Please use small words and talk down to me because i'm a girl and am unable to understand these things.

Now, onto the posts after narration that seems to be upsetting/confusing people.

It's not 100% foolproof of a tactic, but it has in the past netted mafia. A post immediately following narration implies that you were waiting around for narration eagerly and if the post sounds oddly like "oh drat we lost a special!" can, at times, be something that a mafia might post to 'seem' like they are in the know and part of the village. This was true in the past and may very well be true again. Nobody is suggesting that you wait for 'substantive' posts before posting. And if somebody is suggesting that, then they are a goose and should not be listened to.

Play the game as you are going to play it. People are going to read into your posts more than you intended. Some of them might be right! Most of them will be wrong! But don't sit there and go "i can't post, they'll think i'm mafia!"

Guess what, everybody but yourself is mafia. Everybody. Until proven otherwise. Everybody is suspicious, and everything that you do, every little thing, is going to come across as being suspicious or strange to somebody else. be it your posting and the time of posting. Or your votes. or writing long posts about people being geese. Everything is somebody elses mafia trigger.

You want to post right after narration? Then do it! But you're going to have to get used to the fact that some people are going to find that suspicious and they're going to call you on it.

It's not anything new, it's not something that's being done to harass new players, it has been that way for at least my 4+ years. It's part of the game. You either give in to it and shrivel into a corner to hide 9and then be suspicious for being quiet), or you say 'fuck it' and do what you like.

• Options

SO WE DON'T CARE
    That's what a mafias would say

are you a mafias

(even in faction war; at this point we have to assume the mafias faction has the advantage because they're cheating and coordinating across all teams. If we don't pay special attention and simply behave the same I'd wager moneys that the mafias runs off with the medals. So; anything the mafias doesn't get it is an advantage to your own team, assuming mafias is in the lead due to their advantage)

• Options
    and point 2; the public seer actually weakens our team so it's a double-edged sword.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular

SO WE DON'T CARE

Team B:L pretends to be high and mighty but in the end this is what it comes down to.

• Options
    In grand lines: pretty much.

I had already forgotten about discussion in faction threads, it's like talking to mafias. They know they're talking shit, you know it - but nothing is going to budge. You can go crazy if you forget this. Still there's something special about faction games, the vote is just the least pleasant one mostly.

So who said I was in team B:L?

• Options
    that was Anialos... if you look back at the pm conversations

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    You are the worst Katniss.

Also, because he is our namesake, I will be playing this Phalla like I'm fairly sure Infidel would. Which is to say: all extraneous bullshit is just that. Villagers should consider themselves victorious if the mafia is eliminated. Special win conditions (even if it's the only one given to us by the host) are distractions meant to screw us.

Yeah... no. If you're not on the winning team, doesn't matter if it was mafia or not, you lose. You only get to make that argument on secondary or alternate win conditions

• Options
    OI'M PARTIAL TO THE TRADITIONAL PUBLIC SEER

YOU KNOW, THE ONE I HAVE CONTROL OVER

THE VOTE

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Egos wrote: »
    I mean, who told Anialos

• Options
    He'll probably pick the most suspect person on the Gumpy team...like Assuran.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Alegis wrote: »
    Egos wrote: »
    I mean, who told Anialos

Actually that was my bad, I copied something in my spreadsheet that I had on MrT.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    You were nice enough to own up to trying to infiltrate Gumpy instead of B:L after that though. Should have updated my info. Sorry @Alegis.

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    BTW, the following people are currently lurking the forums. By that, I mean that they has a "last active" timestamp of at least 1:45 (about the time when Anialos changed from talking like he was doomed and that nothing he could say would stop the hivemind to giving up Mill) but are not posting here or in any other forum. If he does turn up mafia, one or more of these people were likely around to talk to him.

premium
    Kilnaga
    Diorinix
    romanqwerty
    T_A
    Farangu
    warban
    Baidol
    Matev

Can anyone confirm they saw me online then?

Because I wasn't around at that time and I 100% haveinvisible mode active.

• Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    BTW, the following people are currently lurking the forums. By that, I mean that they has a "last active" timestamp of at least 1:45 (about the time when Anialos changed from talking like he was doomed and that nothing he could say would stop the hivemind to giving up Mill) but are not posting here or in any other forum. If he does turn up mafia, one or more of these people were likely around to talk to him.

premium
    Kilnaga
    Diorinix
    romanqwerty
    T_A
    Farangu
    warban
    Baidol
    Matev

I'll be going invisible now thank you very much.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    I'm just kidding.

I don't really care.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    Man... I think it was lady Eri who decided to start watching those who were on-line around narration. Followed who was reading pm's and who wasn't directly after they went out.

Aimed the Mafia kills directly at them and killed off the seers.

Or something like that. I don't really remember it, just read it second hand in a game that happened after it.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    i think you're right on that. That it was eri.

but it wasn't just a one time thing. It was apparently pretty popular about 5+ years ago. I don't remember having anybody do it to me since I started. But then, I was told to go invisible right from the get go

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Here's the thing Alegis: I'd gladly go with the public seer IF there was another decent vote besides Anialos. There isn't today. Sorry.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular

premium
    Kilnaga
    Diorinix
    romanqwerty
    T_A
    Farangu
    warban
    Baidol
    Matev

Can anyone confirm they saw me online then?

Because I wasn't around at that time and I 100% haveinvisible mode active.
    Invis doesn't seem to hide your Last Active timestamp.

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    i think you're right on that. That it was eri.

but it wasn't just a one time thing. It was apparently pretty popular about 5+ years ago. I don't remember having anybody do it to me since I started. But then, I was told to go invisible right from the get go

I was told this when I started playing. I must apologize for not being around yesterday. I fell asleep while watching cartoons and slept through pretty much the entire day. :bz

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    TrueNeverbornTrueNeverborn Registered User regular
    Little late but if needed I can jump in. RESERVE UP! :P

So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • Options
    Apparently the seering doesn't work as we thought it would; no alignment. It's actually pretty bad.

so there's no other way around it: Anialos

I suggest the other factions focus today on trying to find the mafias within their midst. Hopefully we got ours but I kinda doubt it considering mafias would have caught the "B:L mistake" with their superior info. But I don't think the guys from the other teams particularly care
    Don't be lazy - clean your team!

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    You guys like to argue.