Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Phalla]Romance of the Two Kingdoms: Final Act. The Day of the Dead

13468922

Posts

  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I figure, why not spice up the pot a bit. Time to play the Trump card.


    I am in fact the historian (seer if you will) of a family. I will not say what family as this will up the ante a bit. Certainly not voting for me, will most likely cause my demise in some form or fashion. You have the option to choose my fate. One family will most likely be screwed over for the rest of the game, if I die. You have the option and the gamble to risk with saving me or killing me.

    Obviously, if I am on the rival family, my death is a great boon for your family. However, if you reside with my family, well then, it will be tough distinguishing who is who. The real question is: How far are you really to go to win this game? Me...I am willing to go the distance and this is why I am doing it.

    The "safe" way of playing the seer would be to hide back and start a network. Well, I don't play these games safe, I play these games to win.

    Winners want the ball, and I have it currently.

    In the words of "Legends of the Hidden Temple": "The choice is yours and yours alone."

    precisionk on
  • AvaritiaAvaritia Registered User
    edited March 2007
    precisionk wrote: »
    Dizzen wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    It's a lie that both sides have made already.
    Is it? Maybe I just missed it, but I haven't see thorgot say that he wouldn't use his authority against his own family, should he become elected. Meanwhile, precisionk has flip flopped on the issue.
    The same person who said
    precisionk wrote: »
    [...] I will guarantee safety to those who vote for me.
    has also said
    precisionk wrote: »
    [...]yes I am in it to WIN for my family. That is the point of the game after all. Not "Hey Gayz, Letz all protend we r congruss and vote liek a democracy"

    Who should we trust? Someone who has committed himself to carrying out his elected duty, even at risk to his own life, or someone who changes positions more times than a Kama Sutra enthusiast?

    Of course, one can always vote for Digger Dude, the guy too concerned with defending the land from outside threats to commence with much in the way of power plays, only pausing long enough to describe himself and explain his platform (and make the occasional euthanasia offer). But eh, I guess not many like to go with the third party.

    Godspeed, Digger Dude, and good hunting.

    There is absolutely no reason to trust anyone, unless they are part of your family. Obviously I am in it to win for the family, who isn't. I am sorry, but if you believe the self killing act as a way to "tie his hands" you are extremely gullable and foolish. Its simply a tactic to stay in office. What if he is infact the seer of a rival family, yeah, you just fucked yourselves good without even knowing.

    So you want to vote to have a "part" in deciding who dies for the good of your family. Funny thing is, you still have no clue who is and who isn't a part of your family. I choose to have some balls and go a different way. I don't hide behind "you can kill me if I am wrong". What is wrong? It is different for everyone. If you opt to keep voting him into office because he makes you feel special with your "daily vote" then go for it. I will just joyously laugh when he turns on you when it benefits him the greatest. Perhaps he is part of my family, if so, then its a win-win.

    No, it's no win-win situation for you. The possibility of killing a person of one's own family stays the same, whether you are in the same family or not(Actually, the chance becomes bigger, because you will definitly rip each other apart at some point).

    If Thorgot is really a minor noble, he has no way of definitly reassuring himself that someone belongs to a certain family.
    If he is lying there are far more options but assuming that everyone is lying all the time will just make everyone paranoid.

    After all you could be brothers or lovers and play this two party farce until you know more about the family members. It would be a smart move, because the chance of dying is twice as high for lovers.

    Because you start to become more prominent, historians will probably scan you first and tomorrow someone will contact you or claim to know that someone else belongs to the Dong or Johnson family.

    Avaritia on
    May contain sarcasm, irony, hyperboles, lies, slander, personal opinions, madness and crimes against grammar.
    ... and nuts.
  • Digger DudeDigger Dude Registered User
    edited March 2007
    That's kind of wierd considering how I'M THE SEER unless their can be two seers inwhich case you are lying.

    Digger Dude on
  • Cowboybot67Cowboybot67 Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Wow, very very interesting...I'm going to sit and watch and let this all soak in.

    Obviously having a seer as president could help with making your family win...

    hrmm this is becoming muddled indeed

    Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    That's kind of wierd considering how I'M THE SEER unless their can be two seers inwhich case you are lying.

    Why yes there is, since there is two families.

    precisionk on
  • Cowboybot67Cowboybot67 Registered User
    edited March 2007
    That's kind of wierd considering how I'M THE SEER unless their can be two seers inwhich case you are lying.

    theres a seer for both families dude...

    Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
  • Digger DudeDigger Dude Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Ahh crap, is their anyway you could unread what i just posted?

    Digger Dude on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    I claim to be the Historian of the family Dong. No qualms, and the real culprit will be brought to terms tonight!

    Sheep on
    QlBGc.jpg
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Claims being made already about special roles? My my.

    Hylianbunny on
  • AvaritiaAvaritia Registered User
    edited March 2007
    precisionk wrote: »
    I figure, why not spice up the pot a bit. Time to play the Trump card.


    I am in fact the historian (seer if you will) of a family. I will not say what family as this will up the ante a bit. Certainly not voting for me, will most likely cause my demise in some form or fashion. You have the option to choose my fate. One family will most likely be screwed over for the rest of the game, if I die. You have the option and the gamble to risk with saving me or killing me.

    Obviously, if I am on the rival family, my death is a great boon for your family. However, if you reside with my family, well then, it will be tough distinguishing who is who. The real question is: How far are you really to go to win this game? Me...I am willing to go the distance and this is why I am doing it.

    The "safe" way of playing the seer would be to hide back and start a network. Well, I don't play these games safe, I play these games to win.

    Winners want the ball, and I have it currently.

    In the words of "Legends of the Hidden Temple": "The choice is yours and yours alone."

    That actually makes sense.

    You hope that you scan a member of the enemy family and consequently kill it the following day while being protected by the majority.

    The chance that you scan an enemy tonight is 13 in 24 or 54,16%.

    If you scan a member of your own family the chance that you kill an enemy tomorrow is 56% or 60% (Why are there 25 players anyway?).

    On the second day there would be one enemy less therefor increasing your chance of being reelected. Everything starts again.

    Clever.

    Avaritia on
    May contain sarcasm, irony, hyperboles, lies, slander, personal opinions, madness and crimes against grammar.
    ... and nuts.
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    Claims being made already about special roles? My my.

    I wanted to keep it a secret, but there's an imposter and it is my duty to expose him.

    Sheep on
    QlBGc.jpg
  • AvaritiaAvaritia Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Sleep wrote: »
    Claims being made already about special roles? My my.

    I wanted to keep it a secret, but there's an imposter and it is my duty to expose him.

    Then proof yourself by telling us who you're going to scan tonight and telling us the results tomorrow.

    Avaritia on
    May contain sarcasm, irony, hyperboles, lies, slander, personal opinions, madness and crimes against grammar.
    ... and nuts.
  • Cowboybot67Cowboybot67 Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Well if someone already claimed the DONG family, that leaves the JOHNSON, I hope we see some voting changes here soon...

    Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2007
    I am voting for Thorgot.

    Unknown User on
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    We've had three seperate seer claims now, two families...

    Hylianbunny on
  • B:LB:L Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Well if someone already claimed the DONG family, that leaves the JOHNSON, I hope we see some voting changes here soon...
    A wise man once said,

    "EVERYBODY LIES."


    While I admire the bravery of these men in attempting to confess their roles, nothing is proven. Yet.

    My vote will still stand unchanged. Until some further evidence is extracted...

    *scratches his chin*

    B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • thorgotthorgot Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I wouldn't believe them. Precisionk's was just a last-minute effort to win the vote, and the other two were just as spurious, probably.

    thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • AvaritiaAvaritia Registered User
    edited March 2007
    We've had three seperate seer claims now, two families...

    My 5 bucks say none of the three is a real seer. :D

    Avaritia on
    May contain sarcasm, irony, hyperboles, lies, slander, personal opinions, madness and crimes against grammar.
    ... and nuts.
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Avaritia wrote: »
    We've had three seperate seer claims now, two families...

    My 5 bucks say none of the three is a real seer. :D

    Five bucks says two of us are the seers why the third one is cohoots with the second seer.

    precisionk on
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Oh, I've no intention of believing any of them. It's just an interesting way to put a target on your back. :D

    Hylianbunny on
  • AvaritiaAvaritia Registered User
    edited March 2007
    precisionk wrote: »
    Avaritia wrote: »
    We've had three seperate seer claims now, two families...

    My 5 bucks say none of the three is a real seer. :D

    Five bucks says two of us are the seers why the third one is cohoots with the second seer.

    The weird thing is, I believe at least DiggerDude. The show with the "Oh, there are two seers?!" was just too perfect to be faked.

    Avaritia on
    May contain sarcasm, irony, hyperboles, lies, slander, personal opinions, madness and crimes against grammar.
    ... and nuts.
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Oh, I've no intention of believing any of them. It's just an interesting way to put a target on your back. :D

    Why not? I have nothing to lose but everything to gain. Either way, if I die, some family gets screwed.

    precisionk on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I !retract my vote for Thorgot and !vote for Precisionk and his sweet candy coated promises of treachery and mayhem only ever before heard of in fairy tales and in crazy ramblings of the drunk.

    Frosteey on
  • DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    precisionk wrote: »
    Oh, I've no intention of believing any of them. It's just an interesting way to put a target on your back. :D

    Why not? I have nothing to lose but everything to gain. Either way, if I die, some family gets screwed.
    Unless you lied, then loss is slim for both.
    But hey, there's something here that I forgot.
    Have you now flopped again from your last oath?
    You planned to win for all your kin; or not?
    New words confuse perceptions of your goals.

    Dizzen on
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    it'd be like Jurassic Park, but with bananas
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Dizzen wrote: »
    precisionk wrote: »
    Oh, I've no intention of believing any of them. It's just an interesting way to put a target on your back. :D

    Why not? I have nothing to lose but everything to gain. Either way, if I die, some family gets screwed.
    Unless you lied, then loss is slim for both.
    But hey, there's something here that I forgot.
    Have you now flopped again from your last oath?
    You planned to win for all your kin; or not?
    New words confuse perceptions of your goals.

    Nope, still trying to win it for my family. It just gets a bit more complicated now.

    precisionk on
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    This took quite a turn. Really though I want as little to do with all of this lying and back room deals going on. At least with a democratic system I have some control and input over what is in my best interests. I'm going to !vote for thorgot.

    PsychoLarry1 on
  • DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    precisionk wrote: »
    Dizzen wrote: »
    precisionk wrote: »
    Oh, I've no intention of believing any of them. It's just an interesting way to put a target on your back. :D

    Why not? I have nothing to lose but everything to gain. Either way, if I die, some family gets screwed.
    Unless you lied, then loss is slim for both.
    But hey, there's something here that I forgot.
    Have you now flopped again from your last oath?
    You planned to win for all your kin; or not?
    New words confuse perceptions of your goals.

    Nope, still trying to win it for my family. It just gets a bit more complicated now.
    You say a loss has value to you now?
    If it does not, I do not quite see how.

    Dizzen on
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    it'd be like Jurassic Park, but with bananas
  • Cowboybot67Cowboybot67 Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Well Gentlemen, we are at an impasse.....can I get the vote counts please?

    Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2007
    I'll be nice.
    Thor: 11
    Precision: 9
    Digger: 2
    Titmouse: 1

    Archonex and RiemannLives are the only two non-voters thus far.

    Aroduc on
  • Cowboybot67Cowboybot67 Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Hrmm did this go silent why?!

    Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
  • Digger DudeDigger Dude Registered User
    edited March 2007
    me know no

    Digger Dude on
  • PataPata Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Remember, a vote for thorgot is a vote for logic, reason, truth, and the American Way.

    What is this "american" you speak of? We are of the great Wang Empire!

    You're clearly crazy.

    Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Pata wrote: »
    Remember, a vote for thorgot is a vote for logic, reason, truth, and the American Way.

    What is this "american" you speak of? We are of the great Wang Empire!

    You're clearly crazy.
    They are the former colony of Britain that still has close trading ties. Britain is the country that is currently raping us and forcing us to buy opium. Fuck America.

    Couscous on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2007
    Just under an hour left. Remember to send in your kill orders and whatnot. The more last minute they are, the more delayed the writeup gets. In a perfect world, it's instantaneous.

    Aroduc on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    Titmouse wrote: »
    Pata wrote: »
    Remember, a vote for thorgot is a vote for logic, reason, truth, and the American Way.

    What is this "american" you speak of? We are of the great Wang Empire!

    You're clearly crazy.
    They are the former colony of Britain that still has close trading ties. Britain is the country that is currently raping us and forcing us to buy opium. Fuck America.

    Let's not end our history lesson so soon. Remember, Britain was steadily reaming the US as well.

    Sheep on
    QlBGc.jpg
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Man, precision, your arguments make absolutely no sense at all.
    precisionk wrote: »
    There is absolutely no reason to trust anyone, unless they are part of your family. Obviously I am in it to win for the family, who isn't. I am sorry, but if you believe the self killing act as a way to "tie his hands" you are extremely gullable and foolish. Its simply a tactic to stay in office. What if he is infact the seer of a rival family, yeah, you just fucked yourselves good without even knowing.

    So you want to vote to have a "part" in deciding who dies for the good of your family. Funny thing is, you still have no clue who is and who isn't a part of your family. I choose to have some balls and go a different way. I don't hide behind "you can kill me if I am wrong". What is wrong? It is different for everyone. If you opt to keep voting him into office because he makes you feel special with your "daily vote" then go for it. I will just joyously laugh when he turns on you when it benefits him the greatest. Perhaps he is part of my family, if so, then its a win-win.

    lol, what if he's a seer of the rival family? That won't mean shit because he has no influence on who he kills, he has to do it by public vote. He can only break that promise once before he gets voted out of office and killed. On the other hand, if you're a seer of the rival family you're under no such restrictions and can easily kill my good buddies.

    When I said thorgot had tied his hands, I wasn't talking about the self-killing thing. Obviously we're not going to kill-vote him just after voting him into office. I'm talking about the fact that he has put himself in a position in which he can't influence the vote at all without dying, because if he does we'll know.
    precisionk wrote: »
    I figure, why not spice up the pot a bit. Time to play the Trump card.


    I am in fact the historian (seer if you will) of a family. I will not say what family as this will up the ante a bit. Certainly not voting for me, will most likely cause my demise in some form or fashion. You have the option to choose my fate. One family will most likely be screwed over for the rest of the game, if I die. You have the option and the gamble to risk with saving me or killing me.

    Obviously, if I am on the rival family, my death is a great boon for your family. However, if you reside with my family, well then, it will be tough distinguishing who is who. The real question is: How far are you really to go to win this game? Me...I am willing to go the distance and this is why I am doing it.

    The "safe" way of playing the seer would be to hide back and start a network. Well, I don't play these games safe, I play these games to win.

    Winners want the ball, and I have it currently.

    In the words of "Legends of the Hidden Temple": "The choice is yours and yours alone."

    What's this, a desperation tactic? Why would anyone want to take a 50/50 gamble like that provided a much safer alternative? You've already got two people with no alterior motives calling you out. And frankly I just don't trust you - your posts are all hype and zero content. I'm more interested in winning than making the game exciting.

    Zek on
  • Digger DudeDigger Dude Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Anyone know why no one is posting here?

    Digger Dude on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Anyone know why no one is posting here?
    The Phalla of Hugeness is going on, and bombshells have been dropped.

    Gorilla Salad on
    Organichu wrote: »
    The main rub is that, fuck, I'm already paying some to upgrade the length... why not pay a little bit more to upgrade the length AND width?
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Zek wrote: »
    *snip*

    I can sum up an answer to you response in one word: Meh.

    We will see what happens tonight.

    precisionk on
  • ArchonexArchonex Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Thorgots avatar is from Family Guy. Family Guy makes me laugh. Thus, Thorgot gets my vote. Now, off to my deserted village!


    Edit: Sorry about the delay. Midterms are a bitch. Especially when some jackass decides to steal your textbook and pawn it off to the campus store.

    Archonex on
Sign In or Register to comment.