Options

Skyrim: Now with realistic horse vaginas! Dragonborn DLC out 12/4.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Hell yes it is

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    It's Solstheim.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Also: Pfft, right Bethesda. Putting in Red Mountain to help keep things in scale.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I don't care what @Tube said

Bloodmoon was a whole lot of fun for being a fairly desolate island

it was the Mead hall and the colony that really sold it for me

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I really liked Bloodmoon's atmosphere.

And stuff like the Bloodmoon, the giant residing in a frozen castle and the mining colony was great material.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    was the vampire thing fun?

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Bloodmoon was great until the main questline becomes completely broken due to shoddy scripting.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    no i mean the skyrim thing.

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    no i mean the skyrim thing.

I haven't really got into it all

but lemme tell you, it's REALLY nice being able to craft arrows

and to see random vampires not in ugly brown furs

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Oh, someone with Hearthfire,

I haven't grabbed a chunk of land or anything, but I've been planning out my houses

How awkward is the transition between the small house and main hall? I want to build a place with an Armory, Storage, and an Enchanting Tower

but I would also like a bed

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    How are the crossbows

• Options
    My next goal is to find out, Zen

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    I'm too busy adding dildo bats to find out

Fun fact

I had to teach my phone dildo to post this

Dildo dildo dildo

• Options
    PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
    My favorite female armors in Skyrim are:

ancient nord armor, for looking like an all-natural nordic revenant while still maintaining femininity

steel plate armor, for being a valkyrie

orcish armor, for looking like a hunk of jagged forgings, and also because my nord's name is Ronan Orc-Courted cause she was was such a bold new talent in armoring that an orc once hollered at my girl and I have to tell someone, please, know of my head-canon, I can't be alone with this information

Ancient nord armor = best, all 15 of my wives wear it.

• Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    man, once i get my computer back I might have to play this again, i never did the first dlc either. was it good?

It's fun but the plot is comically awful if you stop to think about it for even a second.

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Like, even by Bethesda standards holy moly.

But who cares, Ancient Falmer Armor and Aetherium Crown justify everything I'm king of skyrimmmmmm (or I look it)

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    For what, Dawnguard? Nah, it's a fine plot. Certainly better than the vast majority of the main game's plots. Plus your companion throughout is well written and easily one of the better characters in the whole of Skyrim.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    bloodmoon > tribunal hth

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Serana seems like a well written character until you remember she's supposed to be a Molag Bal worshipper, then suddenly her behavior doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

• Options
    She was a Molag Bal worshipper, who already had her doubts about the whole thing even after being trapped for like a thousand years.

Really the whole Molag Bal thing was just a paper thin reason for this whole family to be vampires. It's not a great plot point but doesn't somehow turn a well written character into a bad one.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Crossbows are easily the best thing added to Skyrim, I think. As an archer player, the crossbows combined with the explosive quarrels really give me a way to fight dragons and other non-sneakable beasties with real stopping power.

• Options
    bloodmoon > tribunal hth

better gameplay

inferior atmosphere, setting and story

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    completely wrong

unless you like the atmosphere of a smelly sewer

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    every day i regret my decision to buy this for the ps3 at launch :(

actually, only every day since the addon craphole.....until then it was wonderful on the ps3

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    Tribunal gives you some sorely lacking light armor between chitin and glass for free, and quite a bit of money if the game is feeling good about throwing more assassins your way

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    It also makes Medium Armor not a dumb choice

Duke 2.0 on
    VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    since I chose correctly and was a heavy armor user I was a big fan of the new nord armor in bloodmoon

also, solstheim had cool treasure spots and was awesome in general

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    completely wrong

unless you like the atmosphere of a smelly sewer

At least its an atmosphere

Bloodmoon had ice and snow and that was it

Not a huge amount of atmosphere until the last mission, and while that was pretty neat, it wasn't anything as cool as the finale of Tribunal.

Really though it's not entirely fair to compare the two anyway. Bloodmoon is a slice of the open world gameplay of Morrowind. Lots of random stuff to do, neat environments to explore. The story was kind of a neat excuse to introduce werewolves.

Tribunal lacked most of these open-world features but presented a more focused world and story that related to Morrowind's, and was therefore much more interesting as an environment and story. To me, anyway. I'll always prefer Tribunal to Bloodmoon, but they're very different expansions.

• Options
    open world gameplay is number one

I was so sad when I couldn't open the city door in mournhold

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    I loved the open world game in Morrowind but the thing that sticks with me the most is the story. When bloodmoon came out I went into it expecting something as good as Tribunal's plot and was only disappointed. The open world nature of it wasn't enough to make up for that, even though I still had a lot of fun.

• Options
    open world gameplay is number one

People say that, but nah

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    as someone who backdoored the main quest in morrowind,

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    as someone who backdoored the main quest in morrowind,

hehehehe

backdoor

• Options
    don't worry I was safe I wore a wraithguard

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    well it's pretty

• Options
    my hole is open

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Look I play elder scrolls to not play with other people

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    The most compelling things about Elder Scrolls are freedom of movement/plot and personal character creation. Neither of those things are possible in an MMO.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    if there is a free trial or it goes free to play I will make a few characters explore for a bit and then probably never actually play it

just like every other mmorpg

This discussion has been closed.