As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Remember, Remember the Sixth of November [2012 Presidential Election Thread]

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    You could canvas for Obama in Utah, it would be like being a mormon missionary in Utah, the people you are hoping to convert already have a dislike for the idea to start.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    So I am going out to colorado tomorrow night with a group from BYU to canvas for Obama...I am not sure what to expect.

Element Brian RIP 2012.

If he was in Utah, yes. But he is not! Doing the smart thing and driving to Colorado, where canvassing matters.

Yes, and in spanish! I wouldn't do it here haha.

Ah, right FROM, I've been awake for a day and a half.

You'll be fine.

Colorado is chill.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    Xobyte wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    No one admitted to liking him, but they are still around. My father is one of them "Man people give George shit but he kept us safe". I don't say anything because when someone is that mentally deranged its like trying to tell them you can't count to potato.

I really don't get this state of mind. "He kept us safe." What? He was the only President in the last 60 years that allowed a major scale foreign attack on US soil. That's not keeping us safe. That's the exact opposite of keeping us safe. The best thing you can say about our safety is he didn't let it happen twice.

He didn't keep us safe even after 9/11.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    In all the shit about taxes and Teatards we've stopped talking about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sETaW-yeUm0

Meet your 2012 Moral Values Candidate!

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    No one admitted to liking him, but they are still around. My father is one of them "Man people give George shit but he kept us safe". I don't say anything because when someone is that mentally deranged its like trying to tell them you can't count to potato.

I really don't get this state of mind. "He kept us safe." What? He was the only President in the last 60 years that allowed a major scale foreign attack on US soil. That's not keeping us safe. That's the exact opposite of keeping us safe. The best thing you can say about our safety is he didn't let it happen twice.

Remember when 9/11 happened and we went to war with Iraq and Afghanistan?

That's how we kept ourselves safe from those Saudi nutjuobs who trained in America.

• Options
    XobyteXobyte Registered User regular
    dbrock270 wrote: »

He didn't keep us safe even after 9/11.

Agreed. But even allowing for the most generous interpretation (ie: major scale foreign attack), he was a failure.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    You could canvas for Obama in Utah, it would be like being a mormon missionary in Utah, the people you are hoping to convert already have a dislike for the idea to start.

Soooo..you do know that i served my mission in Provo Utah right?

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Reading political cartoons and what is basically propaganda in the lead up to the Iraq War is sickening now. Almost all of the justifications were bullshit before they switched to the democracy shit after the lack of WMDs became obvious. That justification didn't even work as there was no real spread of democracy or anything outside of the mess in Iraq.

cFfp2.gif

Never again. Just kidding, of course we will.

Fuck Bush.

• Options

Soooo..you do know that i served my mission in Provo Utah right?

I didn't know that, but a former mormon friend of mine did the same thing, so I knew its a thing that actually happens.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Now, life is usually pretty shitty as liberal democrat in Alabama, but the state party delivered a delicious burn at the expense of Mittens and Artur Davis (who will be speaking at the RNC convention, having changed parties after losing the black vote to a white guy in our primaries because he was kissing conservative asses then too)
    “In a press release from the RNC today, Chairman Reince Priebus stated that Artur Davis will give voice to ‘frustration and disappointment’ at the Republican Convention in Tampa.  Actually, his disappointment has nothing to do with the job President Obama has done and everything to do with Artur simply being a sore loser.

The only part of the electorate Artur Davis is giving a voice to are former candidates who lost their races and then go on to blame it on everyone but themselves.

With that said, between his penchant for changing his Party and positions regularly, and for not taking responsibility for his own actions, Artur Davis seems a great addition to the Romney Campaign.”

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    Oh snappity mother fucking snap.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I suspect, by the way, that Paul Ryan also has a tell for when he's about to lie.

Specifically, when he says any variation on the word wonk that's code for "I know you fuckers are too lazy and/or stupid to check this, so I'll just make some bullshit up."

Gotcha.gif

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
  • Options
    enc0reenc0re Registered User regular
    Chart at The Economist today.
    20120818_woc823.png

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    So Paul Ryan claimed he never requested stimulus funds for his district. He lied, unsurprisingly. Here's his explanation when caught in said lie:
    “After having these letters called to my attention I checked into them, and they were treated as constituent service requests in the same way matters involving Social Security or Veterans Affairs are handled. This is why I didn’t recall the letters earlier,” he continued. “But they should have been handled differently, and I take responsibility for that. Regardless, it’s clear that the Obama stimulus did nothing to stimulate the economy, and now the President is asking to do it all over again.”

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    God, I'm really starting to fall for Soledad O'Brien. Speaking truth to stupid, indeed.

• Options
    kildykildy Registered User regular
    Re the caterer: my only offense to the situation is that he was terribly unprofessional. If I showed up to a contracted gig wearing a shirt intended to offend the client, I'd be in some form of trouble. Fired or not depending if I was my own boss or not. But I'd absolutely not be getting a reference from the event. I'm not pro hiring based on people's views, only on their ability to professionally get the job done. And part of that is dressing appropriately for the contract and not setting out to piss off your client.

Anywho, very minor in the grand scheme of things. It seems like the TPC is willing to go to war over their math with Romney though. I think they were a bit offended to be called garbage for saying 1 + a + 1 = 3, thus a must be 1.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    kildy wrote: »
    Re the caterer: my only offense to the situation is that he was terribly unprofessional. If I showed up to a contracted gig wearing a shirt intended to offend the client, I'd be in some form of trouble. Fired or not depending if I was my own boss or not. But I'd absolutely not be getting a reference from the event. I'm not pro hiring based on people's views, only on their ability to professionally get the job done. And part of that is dressing appropriately for the contract and not setting out to piss off your client.

Anywho, very minor in the grand scheme of things. It seems like the TPC is willing to go to war over their math with Romney though. I think they were a bit offended to be called garbage for saying 1 + a + 1 = 3, thus a must be 1.

The GOP don't stand for that Muslim Algebra.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    So Paul Ryan claimed he never requested stimulus funds for his district. He lied, unsurprisingly. Here's his explanation when caught in said lie:
    “After having these letters called to my attention I checked into them, and they were treated as constituent service requests in the same way matters involving Social Security or Veterans Affairs are handled. This is why I didn’t recall the letters earlier,” he continued. “But they should have been handled differently, and I take responsibility for that. Regardless, it’s clear that the Obama stimulus did nothing to stimulate the economy, and now the President is asking to do it all over again.”

The fucking CBO disagrees.

• Options

Sarah Palin has an equally difficult relationship with the truth, though I must (to my everlasting nausea) admit that I cannot attribute to her malice what is much more easily explained by her honest ineptitude.

Lest we forget.

• Options

Sarah Palin has an equally difficult relationship with the truth, though I must (to my everlasting nausea) admit that I cannot attribute to her malice what is much more easily explained by her honest ineptitude.

Lest we forget.

Oh yeah, Palin's just an idiot who believes some vile shit.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    so did Aaron Sorkin successfully shame the news media or what because this week NPR and CNN have both been hammering RomRy hard

• Options
    edited August 2012
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/mitt-romney-obama-camp-spar-on-medicare-plans/2012/08/16/be31b6c2-e7e9-11e1-8487-64e4b2a79ba8_story.html
    Asked by one reporter whether his plan for future generations of seniors could be characterized as a voucher system, Romney said no.

“Which of these two do you think is better?” Romney asked, pointing to the words “bankrupt” under Obama and “solvent” under Romney. “Going bankrupt or being solvent? Well, obviously, being solvent.”

Romney said his plan to keep Medicare solvent revolves around greater competition, such as having various private plans compete to provide Medicare benefits through the government, as well as a means test so that higher-income people would not receive as many benefits as lower-income people.

“By virtue of doing those things, why we’re able to keep Medicare solvent as opposed to what the president’s proposed, which at this time is to cut Medicare, not to save it – that’s the amazing thing,” Romney said.
    Didn't they try that competition shit with Medicare Advantage? Part of the point of medicare is to prevent people from becoming poor from having to pay for so much health care so unless the means are so high that only a few people are disqualified, that could easily end up screwing over the middle class.

Couscous on
  • Options

Lest we forget.

Well, it's more than that. She's been caught lying in some situations that didn't hurt or help her that allude to a more pathological urge, such as the many different ways she's explained her erratic enrollment in various colleges, or whether she actually had sex with former NBA players.

• Options

Lest we forget.

Well, it's more than that. She's been caught lying in some situations that didn't hurt or help her that allude to a more pathological urge, such as the many different ways she's explained her erratic enrollment in various colleges, or whether she actually had sex with former NBA players.

Huh, those are such weird things to lie about.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    So, as you guys might know, Ryan is a huge Rage Against the Machine fan, and in response Tom Morello wrote an Op-Ed for Rolling Stone about him.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/tom-morello-paul-ryan-is-the-embodiment-of-the-machine-our-music-rages-against-20120816

• Options
    XobyteXobyte Registered User regular

Lest we forget.

Having dated a pathological liar before, those don't even begin to approach weird things to lie about.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular

That is professional attire in Davenport.
    Sorry if it seems like I'm riding this horse hard tonight, I just really hate that place

• Options

Lest we forget.

Having dated a pathological liar before, those don't even begin to approach weird things to lie about.

To be fair, Palin's odd and needless lies can be perfectly explained by someone new to the political spotlight trying desperately not to look bad.

But yeah, in just a few months she managed to build a virtual hoard of strange lies and revisions of her own history. Oh, and plus all the numerous rumors of her infidelity, professional impropriety, and possibly faked pregnancy.

It all really began to paint a picture of someone who was terribly ambitious, yet completely unprepared for even the most minor of successes.

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

That's how we kept ourselves safe from those Saudi nutjuobs who trained in America.

Look, we did the crazy thing. And crazy is scary. It's like someone wanted us to eat dirt, and then we ate our own shit instead. Then they left us alone, because we're crazy.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options

Look, we did the crazy thing. And crazy is scary. It's like someone wanted us to eat dirt, and then we ate our own shit instead. Then they left us alone, because we're crazy.

Ah, the Reagan theory of foreign policy.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited August 2012

The GOP don't stand for that Muslim Algebra.

Hey! There are totally algebras where 1+a+1=3 means a is 1 OR... Actually, no, wait, I can't think of one. The only finite fields are of order p^k, where p is a prime and k a positive integer. For a>1, this requires a+2 mod p^k=3, for which there are clearly no solutions, as this would require a=p^k*n+1 for some positive integer n, thus a>p^k, and so a is not an element of the finite field of order p^k.

Therefore, I conclude that 1+a+1=3 implies a=1 in all possible algebras that the mind of man has ever or will ever conceive of, from now until such time as light vanishes from the universe (or someone cheats and uses a definition not recognized by mathematicians, but that's just silly... or so I'd say if it wasn't so common in the evolution "debate").

Edit: Just to cover my bases, 3=1+1+1, since only 1 (unity) and 0 (zero) are standard symbols for elements of fields (since symbols likes digits are arbitrary and meaningless within abstract algebra. Blue+blue=green makes perfect sense from a mathematical standpoint)

I had thought I was done with rigorous proofs after I graduated.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options

For some reason I'm now thinking of a crazy version of Connery's "escalation" speech in The Untouchables.

"He brings a knife, you bring a gun! He brings a gun, you strip naked and eat live bees! He eats bees, you put on a pair of sassy heels and sing Bob Marley tunes in a falsetto!"

• Options

For some reason I'm now thinking of a crazy version of Connery's "escalation" speech in The Untouchables.

"He brings a knife, you bring a gun! He brings a gun, you strip naked and eat live bees! He eats bees, you put on a pair of sassy heels and sing Bob Marley tunes in a falsetto!"

This is pretty much the 80s. The Soviets were fucking terrified.

• Options
    Pi-r8Pi-r8 Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Speaking of inane political cartoons, the Onion has been pretty awesome in parodying them.
    630.jpg?3432
    630.jpg?9937

Pi-r8 on
  • Options
    Wow, I just saw a DEYTUKURJERBS webad related to the immigration change.

We're going the full racist!

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    My brain.

MY BRAIN.

Fucking sexist pig.

EDIT - Oh gawd its the Onion because I can't read.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Good old Onion.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I think my favorite Kelly comics are the "Kelly Klassics", where he made a bunch of predictions that never came to pass. Like how the XFL would ruin the NFL, or how the Mc DLT would change fast food forever.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
This discussion has been closed.