As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

spider [chat]

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Something that really helped me with depression is working on my card game.

So if you ever feel bad, make something creative. it really really helps.

I have the opposite reaction.

I think you need to find your outlet. I wouldn't have had the same result from drawing or painting or attempting to make music.

No one reacts to everything the same.

Especially on stuff like this.

When I'm down my writing suffers like a fucker.

My political ranting gets better though.

Maybe that's the trade off.

it's like i can't ever succeed at helping people feel better.

Nah, you just learned a bit about human nature. It is usually best not to assume everyone will react the same as you to something.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I'm actually a little concerned about my voter registration this year.

The deadline to register in MA is Oct. 16 or 17 and I definitely won't be moving into a long term apartment until at least October first.

I am moving there Monday though, so I'm sure I can get it figured out.

But I am currently ANervousManFromEarth.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Feral, join your power to mine! Together we can finally destroy Organichu once and for all!

marshall your words

marshall your bitch words like a bitch

• Options

The deadline to register in MA is Oct. 16 or 17 and I definitely won't be moving into a long term apartment until at least October first.

Could you hold off on the transfer of residence till you vote in your last permanent address? Also call the local election commission and see what is required. Some are very strict, others just need a drivers license from that state and one bill.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

I think you need to find your outlet. I wouldn't have had the same result from drawing or painting or attempting to make music.

No! 21st!

I didn't mean to come off like an ass!

PLEASE LOVE ME

Like Mazzy said I was just talkin' shop.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I'm not saying I'm registered to vote in like three states, but I may or may not have committed a felony

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

No! 21st!

PLEASE LOVE ME

Too late. I am now moping and depressed.

(To be fair, i'm having no luck with the testing phase and it's bummed me out this evening)

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Could you hold off on the transfer of residence till you vote in your last permanent address? Also call the local election commission and see what is required. Some are very strict, others just need a drivers license from that state and one bill.

It depends.

I very much like the idea of keeping my Obama vote in Florida rather than Massachusetts, but I want to vote in my local elections.

Once I get across the ocean and settled in with the WomanFromEarth I'm sure I'll get it settled, I just don't like to tempt fate.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options

No! 21st!

PLEASE LOVE ME

(To be fair, i'm having no luck with the testing phase and it's bummed me out this evening)

Didn't you just get the online stuff running? The weekend is starting. You should have some better luck there. Also have you tried more than just the PA boards for people?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

No! 21st!

PLEASE LOVE ME

Didn't you just get the online stuff running? The weekend is starting. You should have some better luck there. Also have you tried more than just the PA boards for people?

Yes, but i don't have a lot of connections or a lot of luck. Plus, I can't really advertise this thing because silly rules. i'm breaking the rules by even talking about it, i think.

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    why can't i just do everything online

can i just vote and get my degree and work and get a blowjob and all that stuff with a python script

stupid life

being all protracted and spread apart

Actually I heard this on the Ed Show tonight. They were suppose to have online voter registration in PA this summer but due to the id law sucking up all the human resources and money to set up they couldn't get it finished in time.

oh yeah that's another thing

i guess i have to be sure i bring ID

which i carry around anyway because i'm an adult, what the hell, who doesn't have photo ID, LA MIGRA, LA MIGRA

Is a proper id? Is it a state issued photo id? Doe is meet all the requirements?

And those who don't have an ID are all around you bro. 719,000 people or so in PA don't have an id that works for the law. Mostly blacks, elderly and the poor.

yes it's a proper id

i have a non driver's license, i have a weapon's permit, i have a passport, and i have a student ID; all are valid

and there are free cards being given out specifically for this at like, every PA dmv

i am not saying it's a good law or whatever but it's not exactly a crazily labyrinthine set of bureaucratic guidelines

• Options
    why can't i just do everything online

can i just vote and get my degree and work and get a blowjob and all that stuff with a python script

stupid life

being all protracted and spread apart

Actually I heard this on the Ed Show tonight. They were suppose to have online voter registration in PA this summer but due to the id law sucking up all the human resources and money to set up they couldn't get it finished in time.

oh yeah that's another thing

i guess i have to be sure i bring ID

which i carry around anyway because i'm an adult, what the hell, who doesn't have photo ID, LA MIGRA, LA MIGRA

Is a proper id? Is it a state issued photo id? Doe is meet all the requirements?

And those who don't have an ID are all around you bro. 719,000 people or so in PA don't have an id that works for the law. Mostly blacks, elderly and the poor.

yes it's a proper id

i have a non driver's license, i have a weapon's permit, i have a passport, and i have a student ID; all are valid

and there are free cards being given out specifically for this at like, every PA dmv

i am not saying it's a good law or whatever but it's not exactly a crazily labyrinthine set of bureaucratic guidelines

It is more a time, getting to the dmv and all that. Also the law targets mostly democrat and minority demographics. Also I thought it cost 25 bucks and was not free. So the news folks tell me.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    The organisation of US voting is so terrible compared to over here.

The vote takes 5 minutes of time here, because voter stations are properly manned, are open from 07.00 in the morning to 21.00, I can vote in any precinct in the city, they are literally everywhere (1 block from my house one directions, 2 blocks in 2 different directions) and I get my voter card sent to my adress about 3 weeks in advance. You do have to bring ID, but owning ID is mandatory in the Netherlands so everyone should have one. (This is sometimes not the case amongst the eldery who forget to renew but there are ways to vote with an expired passport/ID card and then renew within a timeframe I think).

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    i plan to vote via absentee ballot in iowa.

YEAH BATTLEGROUND

• Options
    it is free

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    meanwhile in america land an id is not mandatory and many inner cities are super far from places to get those ids.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    @Winky

We're going to take the other candidate for our third spot. He's really enthusiastic and he's a solid committal.

Thanks for being willing to though. There will be more of these coming up.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Ah sweet, Twelve Monkeys is on.

Love that movie. Terry Gilliam is amazink.

• Options
    what are you playing feral.

did they bring back team standard or team draft?

• Options
    We team draft to prepare for ze Pro Tour from time to time.

I miss team standard. That was fun.

• Options
    triple post: i might start playing MTG again. my friend who i played with all the time lives in austin and is now a staff writer for WotC. Blake Rasmussen. You've prob read his stuff.

I lost the fire once he left IC.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    I'm now in my supporter housing, and both of my computers are connected to the internet. I get to sleep in a real bed from now on, and there's a well-stocked kitchen so I can make something besides sandwiches. I can't bike to work anymore (I'm pretty sure there aren't sidewalks the whole way there, plus I'm on a highway some of the time), but I'll trim my commute somewhere and pedal the rest of the way. Woo!

Also, @Cambiata, I think I may be able to fit in movie afternoon this Sunday, now that I have speakers and a mic and my desktop and all, plus I've gotten the hang of the daily report much better now.

Lastly, would anyone be able to help me set up this wireless router? I managed to get plugged in to the one across the hall, but it's very much a non-ideal arrangement.

• Options
    SanderJK wrote: »
    The organisation of US voting is so terrible compared to over here.

The vote takes 5 minutes of time here, because voter stations are properly manned, are open from 07.00 in the morning to 21.00, I can vote in any precinct in the city, they are literally everywhere (1 block from my house one directions, 2 blocks in 2 different directions) and I get my voter card sent to my adress about 3 weeks in advance. You do have to bring ID, but owning ID is mandatory in the Netherlands so everyone should have one. (This is sometimes not the case amongst the eldery who forget to renew but there are ways to vote with an expired passport/ID card and then renew within a timeframe I think).

The organization in the US actually works pretty well when it isn't having political games played with it. It is different by state but you are voting at a lot of different levels. I will be voting on in November:

State senate
    state representative
    Congressional representative
    City Council
    Judges
    2 state constitutional referendums(one to legalize pot and the other is to remove civil service exam requirements)
    Probably a bunch of other junk that I haven't even seen yet.

I will vote from home via my mail ballot(no requirements in Colorado you just ask). It will take me some time because I do read through everything so I know who and what I voting on.

Also the system is different since we run a first past the post. Don't you do party or is it list? Do you vote for individuals or party or both?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Good night, Sweet Princes of [chat]

May Flights of angels sing thee to thy sleep.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Fuck the occupy backwash

Did a hippy touch you in one of your private areas.

Show us on the doll

80211-70.jpg

I ignored a hippy whilst walking to my 1% bar...

She told yelled "I know you hear me! I hope you choke and die on your cigarette!"

Shortly after a dumbshit was yelling at the cops "these guys don't care about the law, they only care about their jobs"

Wow starchild. That's some serious insight.

You
    Dumb
    Fuck

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Guys, guys. I'm home. It's fucking Sleeping Dogs time! YESSSSSSSsssSSSssSs5SssS!

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    @Winky

We're going to take the other candidate for our third spot. He's really enthusiastic and he's a solid committal.

Thanks for being willing to though. There will be more of these coming up.

You have wounded me on this day @Feral.

You will not soon forget the day you crossed Winky.

• Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Guys, guys. I'm home. It's fucking Sleeping Dogs time! YESSSSSSSsssSSSssSs5SssS!

do not have sex with unconscious hounds

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    do you ever go through life feeling like everyone you interact with hates you

Yes. Then I realize most people I interact with don't give two retard fucks about me and mostly probably just don't find any value in my prescence.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    I'm not going to get home until like 10ish tonight.

Should I try to hit up the board gaming group I stumbled upon, or go to a bar and get drunk with my new paycheck, or should I purchase and play a video game?

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    There are four electable layers of government here, all with seperate elections. National, Province, City and Waterships (which are a historical legacy and few people care but they do have taxation rights. Gotta keep those dams and dunes in shape.) All are except the waterships are parliamentary elections, which means that that you vote to assemble the parliament via propertional party vote (you vote for a party based on it's list of candidates, that party fills it's seats, people lower on the party list can get get enough preferential seats to move upwards, which is rare) , and a complicated process of formation follows where the largest party attempts to form a coalition government. On top of that, the Province parliaments also assemble the Senate, which can only up/downvote after a bill passed parliament.

Technicly you only ever elect legislature but in all but one case the leader of the largest party becomes prime-minister. (In the one case the formation failed for 7 months and coalition of #2 and #3 was formed)

There can also be national (nonbinding) referenda, but I think only 2 have ever been held.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    I find everyone I interact with circumnavigates me

• Options
    MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    do you ever go through life feeling like everyone you interact with hates you

Yes. Then I realize most people I interact with don't give two retard fucks about me and mostly probably just don't find any value in my prescence.

Taking pleasure in the simple joys of life tonight, I take it?

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    I'm not going to get home until like 10ish tonight.

Should I try to hit up the board gaming group I stumbled upon, or go to a bar and get drunk with my new paycheck, or should I purchase and play a video game?

Starting at 10 precludes the majority of great board games.

I would say get yourself an inexpensive game.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Anytime I feel down, I just read this, and know that I am, in fact, right about kids these days.

• Options
    That's my favorite DFW thing ever Cinders

and I have a lot of favorite DFW things

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    There are four electable layers of government here, all with seperate elections. National, Province, City and Waterships (which are a historical legacy and few people care but they do have taxation rights. Gotta keep those dams and dunes in shape.) All are except the waterships are parliamentary elections, which means that that you vote to assemble the parliament via propertional party vote (you vote for a party based on it's list of candidates, that party fills it's seats, people lower on the party list can get get enough preferential seats to move upwards, which is rare) , and a complicated process of formation follows where the largest party attempts to form a coalition government. On top of that, the Province parliaments also assemble the Senate, which can only up/downvote after a bill passed parliament.

Technicly you only ever elect legislature but in all but one case the leader of the largest party becomes prime-minister. (In the one case the formation failed for 7 months and coalition of #2 and #3 was formed)

There can also be national (nonbinding) referenda, but I think only 2 have ever been held.

you should elect kevin costner for the watership.

its what any smoker fearing voter would do.

• Options
    or or

I could sleep

• Options
    trivia fact: that post originally said "cry myself to sleep"

but you fucks here are too lame and depressed so I censored myself

This discussion has been closed.