As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Good Food, Good Friends and.... actually, no, just [Food Thread]

• Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote: »
    Yeah, then when you're too drunk to resist he takes you to Bruno's. True friend? Or true monster?

Or just...True
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR8D2yqgQ1U

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Why don't you move over here and make us?
    neener neener neener!

Alright I'm all moved in in Portlan and - waaaaiiiit a minute

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    As you would expect, San Antonio has a lot of barbeque and a million Mexican Restaurants ranging from Authentic to Tex-Mex.

What you wouldn't expect is that scattered around the city are a bunch of fantastic little gems, including a great Korean BBQ, and an utterly fantastic place named Jerusalem Grill. Best falafel I've had anywhere, and that remark is repeated by several well-traveled people I know.

On the other hand, I can't get bubble tea with good pearls here.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I've been giving more and more thought to video game themed foods. Like, not recreations of videogame food, but food inspired by videogames.

My Hotline Miami inspired dish will be called Massacre-roni & Cheese.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    LTM wrote: »
    Yeah, PAX is kinda like...you could worry about a diet, or not. Then @Zonugal shows up and starts throwing shots down your throat.

I will apologize for nothing.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Yeah, then when you're too drunk to resist he takes you to Bruno's. True friend? Or true monster?

Only history will tell.

But who says monsters can't be friends?

• Options
    By the way, I'm fairly sure I have partied every weekend since August of 2012.

I am going to implode come PAX Prime 2013.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    so I made this tonight
    2eMPGUj.jpg
    e1DGRbT.jpg

marinated some chicken last night and then today I broiled it and made a couple sandwiches

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    Baby's first steps

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    so i just made some curried cauliflower fritters.

I had some mashed curried cauliflower leftover from dinner a few nights ago, so I added in 1 egg and about 1tbsp whole wheat flour. because i'm trying to be a good girl. heated up my non stick fry pan with a teensy teensy bit of grapeseed oil, and then started frying. they were yummy golden brown, not too much oil at all, crisp on the outside, creamy inside.

nom.

gonna have to definitely do something similar to that again.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Cauliflower fritters are also great with chunks of boiled cauliflower. It's quite refreshing.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Stale wrote: »
    Baby's first steps

come on now my first steps were all spaghetti related

• Options
    SliderSlider Registered User regular
    Stale wrote: »
    Baby's first steps

come on now my first steps were all spaghetti related

http://youtu.be/61kRv60RD6Q

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Anyone got a good cake recipe? My last couple of attempts have failed badly due to our oven being borked and not reaching temperature. But a nice man has just come and replaced it, so I want to bake a cake this weekend to celebrate. And to test it I guess.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I wish more airports were like JFK Terminal 5. They even have a decent salad bar, not to mention some actual nice restaurants. And a Muji! I

poo
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Video game themed foods would be good. The first one that comes to my mind is 'Red Potion' tomato soup, served in a corked clear glass bottle.

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    smof wrote: »
    Anyone got a good cake recipe? My last couple of attempts have failed badly due to our oven being borked and not reaching temperature. But a nice man has just come and replaced it, so I want to bake a cake this weekend to celebrate. And to test it I guess.

What variety, chocolate? Vanilla? Cheese?

• Options
    Cake is the best. Be careful not to overmix your batter or you will end up with chewy cake!

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I love sponge cake. Chocolate is always good. Also I love carrot cake, walnut cake, lemon cake. Basically I just like cake.

• Options
    One time, I had carrot cake with cinnamon-infused vanilla ice cream. Let me tell you about tasty things.

• Options
    Ok, chocolate cake, gotcha

I have two I prefer, both by Nigella Lawson: her sour cream chocolate cake and her Guinness chocolate cake

• Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    God I love going to Spec's Liquor for my lunch. Here I am, pigging out on a delicious ham sandwich and some cheese n crackers.

• Options
    FavlaudFavlaud just straight up awful Registered User regular
    i didn't pack a lunch with me today and i have a few bucks to spare

http://brunchboxpdx.com/menu.php

what should i order

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I'm working for most of today, but I've got some hilariously easy and really fantastic french cake recipes.

• Options
    Cant go wrong with a BLT

• Options
    Redonkadonk

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Favlaud wrote: »

what should i order

Burger with grilled cheese as buns

Mind. Blown.

• Options
    I want a burger with grilled cheese sandwich buns now. Fucking god DAMN it.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    DDV, nooo, that is not going to help your dieting.

Let's both do the good thing and have some salads for dinner.

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I dig a good grilled cheese, but a burger with some cheapass grilled cheese made with cheapass white bread does not appeal.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Jess, if you'd ever get yo sexy butt down here, I can take you to a bar that does just that.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    I need to confirm a weekend with @Druhim and @Usagi so I can get good food in Seattle with them. :bz

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    Yes lets. WITH GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH CROUTONS.

I will probably have a 6' sub for dinner, actually. I have to drive from work to someplace else tonight unfortunately, so no time to stop and get dinner. I just hope I have the good sense to stop and get a nice salad or a sandwich instead of a goddamn hot n ready pizza or something.

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    I am horrible at baking cakes, breads, etc. I can follow a recipe, but ask me to deviate and it fails more often than not.

• Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    Favlaud wrote: »

what should i order

Burger with grilled cheese as buns

Mind. Blown.

there is at least one other portland institution that does this, they call it the "chesus"

• Options
    Get fat eat snacks PDX style, apparently

And yes Dan we'll get there! I had a bunch of plans to travel this spring that are kinda in limbo because of the move thing

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    man a grilled cheese sandwich sounds fantastic right now.

• Options
    FavlaudFavlaud just straight up awful Registered User regular
    i got a slaughterhouse IV with deli mustard and sriracha

A+ hamburger

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    I'm preparing fish tonight. I always have issues with cooking the steaks on a stovetop where they either all taste the same or get so soft handling them in any way rips the skin and flesh apart. What is general advice on keeping those things together?

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    How are you cooking them? On a stovetop isn't super specific.

Aneurhythmia on
This discussion has been closed.