As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Your Holiday Bonus is this [Job Thread]

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Taskman wrote: »
    I think I have the wrong tax code. Tax dudes took almost all of my overtime. I hate those guys.
    Well in my experience...

Let me tell you how it will be, there’s one for you, nineteen for me

• Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Things not going well at the current place, @#pipe?

mully on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    i committed a lot of perjury today

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    uhhh

• Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    Oh no, my doctor is not on my new health insurance

Oh phew, his wife is, same practice

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    uhhh

For the first hundred or so proofs I sent out I forgot it was 2013 now :(

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    mully wrote: »
    Things not going well at the current place, @#pipe?
    #pipe wrote: »
    I am now actively looking for a new job.

My boss is a fucking asshole scumbag and since my department manager left, he's decided he's going to make the marketing team his new pet project

even though he's fucking clueless and has no idea how to take suggestions and can't take being told he's wrong about things he knows nothing about

so now I have nobody between myself and him

People are leaving the company like a sinking ship. I have been working here for three months and 7 people have quit from head office in that time. 7 out of maybe 12. I have never seen a place with such ridiculous turnover.

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    uhhh

oh
    that makes a lot more sense, heh

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Ahhh. I gotcha. Yikes. Sorry to hear that.

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    uhhh

Also planted DNA evidence to frame OJ.

• Options
    Ahhh. I gotcha. Yikes. Sorry to hear that.

yeah it sucks. I just learned today that the financial controller, maybe 4th or 5th in charge of the whole company, overseer of the entire accounts department, went to England to visit her family over christmas

and isn't coming back.

And the receptionist is also leaving in a week.

It's a mass fucking exodus.

• Options
    i wish i could get you into my company, i dislike our graphic designer. i've caught her using stock images and claiming them as her own, hand drawn "on her own time", she says. ugh.

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    oh good we have a new mully coworker

more stories please mully

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Get the copper wiring #Pipe

get it before someone else does

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I spent most of the day answering phone calls from my realtor and lawyer and bank instead of actually being productive

On the other hand, wow is it really already 4 o'clock?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    i wish i could get you into my company, i dislike our graphic designer. i've caught her using stock images and claiming them as her own, hand drawn "on her own time", she says. ugh.

oh barf

Ain't nothin wrong with using stock, man. Saves a dickload of time and sometimes time is more valuable than the 20 bucks a high res photo or vector illustration costs

but claiming you drew them is awful

• Options
    yep exactly. she told us she drew this owl. a week later, the same owl was 6' tall on a print shop's window. i looked it up. totally not done by her. barf barf barf.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    That seems like the kinda shit that would get you into a hell of a lot of trouble?

The claiming part not the using stock part

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    FavlaudFavlaud just straight up awful Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    That seems like the kinda shit that would get you into a hell of a lot of trouble?

yeah if you can in any way prove that she lied about doing that i think the management would take issue with it

also i forgot my lip balm at home and now my lips are Hella Chapped

• Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    Favlaud wrote: »
    Favlaud wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »

yeah if you can in any way prove that she lied about doing that i think the management would take issue with it

also i forgot my lip balm at home and now my lips are Hella Chapped

mine got super dry from vegas
    full on lip balm for days to fix that

damn deserts

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    she's a very snarky girl (unless I just caught her on a bad day) and i rarely come into contact with any of her work so i've just let it go
    we work for a company of 30,000 - they'll figure it out eventually

• Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    So the dang computer chip in my smartrip card stopped working and the process to get a new one involves mailing it in and waiting 3 weeks for a replacement, plus it's a crapshoot whether I get the money I already put in back in the new card. I think I had $150some dollars in there urgh. Stupid public transportation

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    250px-Mona_Lisa%2C_by_Leonardo_da_Vinci%2C_from_C2RMF_natural_color.jpg

What do you think? Be sure to provide criticisms and suggestions for my next work!

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    250px-Mona_Lisa%2C_by_Leonardo_da_Vinci%2C_from_C2RMF_natural_color.jpg

What do you think? Be sure to provide criticisms and suggestions for my next work!

She's kind of wearing a lot, don't you think?

can't even see how rude her titties may, or may not, be!

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    So uhm, first day of work.

Got three gawking stares when I took off my jacket.

Yay boobies.

• Options
    Metalbourne already a top contender for rudest titties in the building

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    The rudest

Didn't even refill the coffeepot

• Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    I asked a major client for some information that I needed to complete their case first thing this morning, and only just now got a response, saying "If you are unable to correct this issue by end of business, please escalate."

How about you stop telling me to do my job? You took forever to send me the info I need, even though I could have had this solved HOURS ago. Not to mention the fact that this case normally takes abut 5 minutes to solve - escalating would turn it into a 5 day case. I am literally the stopping point for this product.

I don't care how big a name you have. I don't care how much money you spend on our products. Do your due diligence as your administrator, and get the issue solved. That can't happen if you don't give me the information I need.

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Once me and my boss rang up a $175 tab at a wing place with a lot of beer and also some patron and we talked about nerd shit he used to do like reading old Dragonlance novels and playing DnD and stuff.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Sometimes my boss buys me a pint of mulled cider.

Oh yeah we're in the big leagues down here.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    monsterror wrote: »
    I asked a major client for some information that I needed to complete their case first thing this morning, and only just now got a response, saying "If you are unable to correct this issue by end of business, please escalate."

How about you stop telling me to do my job? You took forever to send me the info I need, even though I could have had this solved HOURS ago. Not to mention the fact that this case normally takes abut 5 minutes to solve - escalating would turn it into a 5 day case. I am literally the stopping point for this product.

I don't care how big a name you have. I don't care how much money you spend on our products. Do your due diligence as your administrator, and get the issue solved. That can't happen if you don't give me the information I need.

I've had this happen a million times.

Honestly, you might as well do it. Because if they're a major client (if not your biggest) they will escalate over your head high enough that a senior member of management will just tell you to do it.

Is this crappy? Yes.

But some dickhead in sales told them just how important they are so they know they can fuck up and let you deal with it.

• Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    Oh, my five minute fix was still a five minute fix. I didn't make them wait until tomorrow.

Although that wont stop me from complaining about it.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Usually at that stage I send an incredibly polite email stating how I'm happy to do the job but die to the ack of information supplied which I have requested on XXX, XXX and XXX I can't do the work efficiently I will have to charge extra for wasting my time.

Usually then I'll get a harried call, told I can't do that, then I'll tell them to read the contract they signed, they hang up and I'll get everything I want in ten minutes.

• Options
    tynic wrote: »
    Sometimes my boss buys me a pint of mulled cider.

Oh yeah we're in the big leagues down here.

as someone who used to be a cook in a restaurant, my boss got me a little package of chocolate covered pretzels and a christmas card and i was absolutely thrilled

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I should start looking for a new job but I think I'm gonna wait until I can get my surgery done. Then if I don't get insurance immediately I'll at least be done with that shit.

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    lostwords wrote: »
    So the dang computer chip in my smartrip card stopped working and the process to get a new one involves mailing it in and waiting 3 weeks for a replacement, plus it's a crapshoot whether I get the money I already put in back in the new card. I think I had $150some dollars in there urgh. Stupid public transportation

Did you not have your card registered?

• Options
    Oh right. Simply because I can't stop talking about bdsm, my partner gave me an after work spanking as a job-warming present.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    What is the job, anyway, Metalbourne? Did I miss it, forget, or you just not say?

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Fishman wrote: »
    What is the job, anyway, Metalbourne? Did I miss it, forget, or you just not say?

I'm working for xerox, doing customer for sprint. It's fairly low level work, but it's work. The biggest benefit being that they absolutely do not care what I look like.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I met the people on my shift today at work. This is exactly how it went

them: do you play hockey?

me: no

them: D:

do you play golf?

Them: D:D:

Do you drink beer?

one guy literally threw his arms in the air and walked out of the room