As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[miniphalla] PHALLA WARS 2 IS OVER! VILLAGE VICTORY!

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Retaba wrote: »
    Hmmm how did you come to that? I don't think very many votes even ended up on Jdarksun?

Before Obi called it, the vote was 4-4

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Hmmm how did you come to that? I don't think very many votes even ended up on Jdarksun?

Jdarksun had 4 and Anialos had 6 when Anialos admitted he was mafia. So yeah, it was close at the time.

I just dispute the assertion that the wagon on Jdarksun was anything other than genuine suspicion. I'm much more interested in the obviously stupid INANTP wagon from earlier in the day, which you might notice contains Anialos...

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I sent a tell yesterday to Anialos asking about his vote on INANTP instead of shalemelo and he explained his thoughts on INANTP being the SK, we discussed the possibility of there being a person like the arsonist from that other phalla. He told me was sure INANTP was an sk and wasn't going to change his vote.

• Options
    I sent a tell yesterday to Anialos asking about his vote on INANTP instead of shalemelo and he explained his thoughts on INANTP being the SK, we discussed the possibility of there being a person like the arsonist from that other phalla. He told me was sure INANTP was an sk and wasn't going to change his vote.

Yeah no kidding. There's far too many village left for INANTP to be a real threat to the village anytime soon even if he is an SK. The same is not true for the mafia, who appear to be down to their single group kill.

• Options
    I'm not sure which one of your numbers are right between CesareB and MrT, but if it was 4-4 then Egos might of been attempting to save Anialos.

Although why would the mafia do something like that late in the game, especially if they were just going to have Anialos reveal himself? It seems kind of counter productive.

Also, what was with the magic prime stuff and SLyM voting for him?

• Options
    We're both right.

It was 4-4.

Then Obi said Anialos followed by Phyphor, making it 6-4.

Then Anialos revealed.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    If the vote happens before all actions, thus negating any actions the vote winner can take, it would make sense for Egos to make the gamble to save Anialos, before he revealed.

• Options
    Ah ok, that makes a lot of sense now, Egos.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I'm not sure I'm understanding the logic for the Egos vote wanna run it by me again?

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    oooOOOoooOOO

Weasels!

oooOOOoooOOO

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I'm not quite sure I get it either, since my argument wasn't particularly eloquent.

edit: that is to say I don't know even know if you could call my vote post a argument. O_o vs. gut feeling.

Egos on
  • Options
    My reasoning was just that he was starting the jdark wagon as competition for the anialos wagon (known mafia). I easily would have voted for Cesare or Typhus.

• Options
    SLyM wrote: »
    I'm not sure I'm understanding the logic for the Egos vote wanna run it by me again?

The theory is that Jdarksun was one of the few viable alternatives to Anialos after Obi strongly suggested we not vote for INANTP. Egos was the second person on Jdark.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    hey what's kime up to

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    That is a good question. Surely he isn't that busy with school.

• Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    Another night I'm not really available :( To keep the mafia from gaming my power I'll go with Alegis and if I get a chance to get on again I'll switch over to someone legit. Ideally the munchkin will be asleep before vote closes and thus I can be more helpful but she can be fickle with that whole sleeping deal.

• Options
    I liked Jdarksun yesterday, and I like him today. Probably just an effort to shift the vote off of Egos though, isn't it MrT?

• Options
    CesareB, you're such a rebel.

• Options
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    My reasoning was just that he was starting the jdark wagon as competition for the anialos wagon (known mafia). I easily would have voted for Cesare or Typhus.

Isn't Typhus pretty well publicly confirmed as a village vote manipulator? Didn't that happen?

• Options
    I think a lot more people have been "confirmed" than have been confirmed this game.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    In my eyes, Typhus is not confirmed village. Only confirmed vote manip.

The mafia didn't know Alegis was vote-immune. His day 1 vote is as random as that of any other mafia member.

Is it less likely because he has a vote manip power? Maybe.

But vote manip is also usually a mafia ability.

I would lean toward him being more likely to village than the rest of you (barring Obi), but he's certainly not confirmed.

• Options
    CesareB wrote: »
    I liked Jdarksun yesterday, and I like him today. Probably just an effort to shift the vote off of Egos though, isn't it MrT?

Look, I'm not saying that everyone on the jdark wagon is mafia. Clearly that's rubbish, and most of the people on there are just villagers that find him suspicious. But we had a situation where Anialos, whom we now know to be mafia, was in a competitive vote with jdarksun. So maybe jdarksun is mafia too, and the mafia have no incentive to try to mess with the vote at all. But more likely, jdark is a villager and the mafia were probably disproportionately voting for him.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    That is a good question. Surely he isn't that busy with school.

AHHHHHHHHH

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Kime? He is quite a bit more quiet than normal, and that isn't exactlly an answer.

• Options
    Oh man, Kime is in the game? I thought he was already dead.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Anialos

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Anialos

OooOoo

A Day late, a dollar short.

OooOoo

• Options
    Don't underestimate the Doctor's Powers!

• Options

Look, I'm not saying that everyone on the jdark wagon is mafia. Clearly that's rubbish, and most of the people on there are just villagers that find him suspicious. But we had a situation where Anialos, whom we now know to be mafia, was in a competitive vote with jdarksun. So maybe jdarksun is mafia too, and the mafia have no incentive to try to mess with the vote at all. But more likely, jdark is a villager and the mafia were probably disproportionately voting for him.

Heck, you could go even further, since there are presumably only 2 mafia left now that Anialos is gone, 3 at the most. So realistically any wagon that's really worth the title "wagon" is going to be mostly villager-driven, since we're at the point where the mafia are gonna have a hard time swinging a wagon their way even if they want to.

I guess what I'm saying is is that I have no real idea but it would certainly seem like Obi has access to a seer and the mafia only have the one group kill so I'm not really worried.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    I like you, too.

<3

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Egos is as good a vote as any

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    a vote is a vote

• Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    My wife is a saint. Just sayin'.
    In my eyes, Typhus is not confirmed village. Only confirmed vote manip.

The mafia didn't know Alegis was vote-immune. His day 1 vote is as random as that of any other mafia member.

Is it less likely because he has a vote manip power? Maybe.

But vote manip is also usually a mafia ability.

I would lean toward him being more likely to village than the rest of you (barring Obi), but he's certainly not confirmed.

This is absolutely true, nothing has explicitly confirmed me and I openly said my vote for mega was pulled out of my ass as is my general day one M.O.

I'd like to think that I've been confirmed in a limited sense to the people that it's important to but from an outside village perspective I've not been outright cleared of any potential suspicion just like Obi before that original mix-up was clarified.

Also Egos to have a non-invalid vote now that I'm available.

• Options
    kiiiiiiiiime?

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    dunce-cap.jpg

This is me.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I feel like we're missing a lot of votes.

It makes me nervous.

Also, the magic box is down.

• Options
    INACTIVUS KILLS TEN TIMES AS MANY SOULS AS I

liEt3nH.png