As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Go find the new STEAM thread

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    That picture makes me want to play Bad Company 2 again. I really enjoyed that game. A lot. Is it on Steam? I owned it previously for the 360, but now I don't.

Also, that game certainly is not Half-Life, but what game is it? One of the original Deus Ex's maybe?

Bad Company 2 is most certainly on Steam. And it is awesome.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    And @BrocksMullett saw my post and immediately gifted me English Country Tune, saving me the trouble of deciding whether to purchase it! As is my custom I have classified the avatar:

brocksmullett.jpg

Also since we're a PC gaming thread:

13082.png

Well, he's right, the one on the right has many more Hardcores. Like, a billion.

"more" graphics? Not "better" graphics?

And that isn't even Half-Life! That has to be a joke!

I don't know. This is the internet. Where people like that go. And thrive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCEQZ_4V7NY

Someone sent me Bad Rats and if I find these people, I will send it to them.

I lasted until 3:02 listening to this guy. Is that high score?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Oh sweet. Now I'm hoping it goes on sale so I can go through the campaign again. I loved that game.

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    And @BrocksMullett saw my post and immediately gifted me English Country Tune, saving me the trouble of deciding whether to purchase it! As is my custom I have classified the avatar:

brocksmullett.jpg

13082.png

Well, he's right, the one on the right has many more Hardcores. Like, a billion.

I finished it
    because I hate myself

Im pretty sure that guy is just trolling.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Gave Chivalry a brief shot earlier tonight. Thinking it was definitely a mistake to join a free-for-all server for my first game, it seems like a total shitfest. But I was having trouble finding populated servers with empty slots, seemed to all be full or empty. Need to find the opportunity to get in a team game and give it a little more time. It seems less wonky than WotR at first impression, but using the mouse wheel for major control functions would take getting used to to say the least, and the knight guys with two-handed axes just seem to give zero fucks about blocking or shields.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    That picture makes me want to play Bad Company 2 again. I really enjoyed that game. A lot. Is it on Steam? I owned it previously for the 360, but now I don't.

Also, that game certainly is not Half-Life, but what game is it? One of the original Deus Ex's maybe?

It's Deus Ex.

• Options
    captaink wrote: »

It's Deus Ex.

Neat! I guessed right! I actually own the original Deus Ex. But I don't think I've ever played it.

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    I don't know why you're all buying Mark of the Ninja on PC when you can get it along with all the other most hardcores on the xbox.

It's obvious!

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular

It's Deus Ex.

It's also hilarious he's comparing the graphics of 2 games that are 10 years apart.

• Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    Alright.. just beat PA episode 3 from the backlog.... and just got myself Hotline Miami and Mark of the Ninja. "Kill one of us and two shall take its place."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Speaking of Deus Ex, in Human Revolution does the PC version allow you to remap your controls? I tried Human Revolution on my PS3 and the controls were too "non-standard" and I really struggled with it. I only played about an hour before giving up. I've heard it's a fantastic game, but I don't think I'm meant to play it on a console. If the PC version has the ability to remap keys I might give it a shot on Steam.

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Can someone recommend a game that is engaging and challenging, but not keyboard-breaking hard? I'm going through some shit right now and I really need something engaging.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    Think I am going to wait on Fallen Enchantress I just can't bring myself to drop 20$ when I still have like 4 or 5 games to play through.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Frei wrote: »
    Can someone recommend a game that is engaging and challenging, but not keyboard-breaking hard? I'm going through some shit right now and I really need something engaging.
    Skyrim

• Options

Best advice I can give you when you're going through some shit is to get yourself a zombie slaying game. Dead Island is a good option, although I played it on console and cannot speak directly to the quality of the PC version. But bludgeoning some undead with oars, baseball bats, and other blunt objects was very therapeutic when I went through a breakup with a long time girlfriend last year.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    I don't know why you're all buying Mark of the Ninja on PC when you can get it along with all the other most hardcores on the xbox.

It's obvious!

But I don't own an Xbox, only a PC and PS3. So clearly I am teh kiddiez.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Jungleskye wrote: »
    Think I am going to wait on Fallen Enchantress I just can't bring myself to drop 20$ when I still have like 4 or 5 games to play through.

Same here. I got gifted Borderlands 2, and between that and the other games I'm involved in (Planetside 2, Hotline Miami, Natural selection 2, etc), I can't justify buying anything else until next month's sale unless Closure or Half Minute Hero go on super-duper sale.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular

Jamestown!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    edited November 2012

Best advice I can give you when you're going through some shit is to get yourself a zombie slaying game. Dead Island is a good option, although I played it on console and cannot speak directly to the quality of the PC version. But bludgeoning some undead with oars, baseball bats, and other blunt objects was very therapeutic when I went through a breakup with a long time girlfriend last year.

Left 4 Dead 1/2 was the cure lately. Killing Zombies is morally unambiguous, the guns are crazy powerful, the comaraderie is real and common, the games are short, the mood is humorous.

BrocksMullet on
    I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

Jamestown!

I second this.

It sounds so awesome too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk_pTk3gv9s&feature=related

• Options
    @Banzai5150

Just so you know, I haven't forgotten you gifted me Hero Academy and I feel shame every time I see in your steam sig how much more time you've played in it when you post.

I played the tutorial and a few of the challenges, but I'm intimidated by any competitive strategy game where there's no "practice against bots" mode and I've been too chicken to play an actual pvp match against anyone.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I'll see your Jamestown music, and raise you my AI War music,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTbXlEl6i38

AI War is super daunting at first, but then you realize it's not nearly as impenetrable as it might seem. Partially because it has an excellent tutorial, the kind of tutorial all games with any sort of learning curve should have. It basically runs you step by step through a comparatively short example campaign.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    @Banzai5150

Just so you know, I haven't forgotten you gifted me Hero Academy and I feel shame every time I see in your steam sig how much more time you've played in it when you post.

I played the tutorial and a few of the challenges, but I'm intimidated by any competitive strategy game where there's no "practice against bots" mode and I've been too chicken to play an actual pvp match against anyone.

Don't worry about it... the main reason it has so much time played, as there is no way to know if I need to take a turn is to fire it up. I have no clue how to really play it though, so I've been just letting people beat on me while I learn. If you wanna learn by beating on me, challenge away!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    DaringDirk wrote: »
    Okay, I have a weird request. Swear I'm no Snuggles. So, @mercutio87 entered a chatroom, and on a whim I gifted him the DLC for Binding of Issac, one of only 3 items in his wishlist. He returned the favor inproportionately, with the ARMA 2 Complete pack. Unfortunately, I'm pretty well done with my Sale spending, at least until the Winter sale, so I can't hit him back myself (literally have $1.17 in my SteamWallet). I wanted to call out his awesome gifting specifically, and ask that anyone who has the ability and inclination hit him back. Serious selflessness and class on his part that shouldn't go unrewarded. Thanks! His Steam handle is Hieric. Sorry if this is inappropriate.

Ha ha ha -- I love this place!

HOv2u.jpg

PS: mercutio87 = Hieric :)

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Before I could even come back to read the suggestions, Banzai hit me up with Jamestown. Thank you, buddy. And thanks to everyone for the replies.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Mercutio87Mercutio87 So build that wall and build it strong cause We'll be there before too longRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    @DaringDirk paid it forward and also got me Mass Effect! Just snaps and dang dude. Then @iolo gave Might and Magic; Clash of Heroes. Then @anoffday gave me the Dredmor DLC I've been wanting. I can't post fast enough to keep up with it all.

Dirk, you have thrown me under the gift bus. I will be back for the winter sale.

Mercutio87 on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Someone talk to me about Jagged Alliance.

Similar to XCOM or Silent Storm?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Those $5 Amazon credits don't stack.

Yeah, that kind of sucks. And they're only good for the month of Jan. which I'm assuming is also the period of time that none of those games will be on sale.
    I bought 3 copies of Just Cause 2 from Amazon last Dec, and got 3 $5 January codes. In Jan i used those coupons to get gta4 for free, dnf for $1, and da 1&2 for $6, roughly $150 of retail priced for $14.50.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »
    Sumanai wrote: »
    I was just blindsided by @jclast. That amazing classhole gifted me The Walking Dead. Thank you so much!
    Here's how I picture you now:

fdB0P.jpg
    1) Oh my God that is amazing. I love it!
    2) Sumanai fired back and helped me out by outright gifting me Mark of the Ninja. If I knew how to class up his swanky symbol I totally would.
    Roshin wrote: »
    jclast wrote: »
    I have a weird request. Due to a screw up on my end would anybody be willing to make an ever so slight uneven trade with me? I bought TWD as a secret santa present without realizing that my target already had it on 360 (forgot that it released on XBLA because I'm stupid) which let me gift it out here. Replaced it with Mark of the Ninja which I'm hoping he'll enjoy, but that leaves me with $6.24 in my Steam wallet.

So, does anybody out there want something for that amount or less and wouldn't mind giving me Mark of the Ninja for myself in return?

Sorry if this is out of line. If it is I'll edit it out when you all let me know. Thanks!

You should friend me on Steam.
    Done and done. I love acquiring new Steam friends in these threads!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    @anoffday gave me Jamestown and @Raiden333 gave me the Thief Collection at the same damn time. Madness. Really, just very nice folks.

Edit:Fixed!

BrocksMullet on

• Options
    actually Killjoy is me, it's just my steam name, but you're very welcome!

• Options
    Joe BlaqueJoe Blaque Orlando, FLRegistered User regular

Two words for you, sir.

Critter Crunch.

That is all.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    signature.png
    signature.png

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular

"One of the original Deus Ex's." Holy shit that makes me feel old and I'm 23.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    So, is there anyone on this thread who doesn't own everything?
    Send me a friend invite!

BrocksMullet on

• Options
    IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    Skab wrote: »
    Skab wrote: »
    IS Gal Civ 2 any good? I just noticed its one of the flash sales and am thinking about picking it up, would like some opinions first though.

For some reason the Gal Civ 2 demo isn't on Steam but you can download it from their main site:
    http://www.galciv2.com/Downloads.aspx

The demo is something like 200 turns and gives you a good idea of the tech tree and how it plays. I really loved the demo, and I don't particularly care for any 4x games outside of Civ5 and SMAC.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    The only thing that would make Hotline Miami better would be a windowed option. Aside from that it's like a line of coke off a neon DeLorean

Not that I would know anything about that.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    So, is there anyone on this thread who doesn't own everything?
    Send me a friend invite!

You are insane.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular

brocksmullett.jpg

13082.png

It is. I only made it to 1:20. After the first ten seconds I wanted to punch him in the neck.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Blegh, I really want FTL to go on sale, because I want to pick it up, but I know if I get it now it's just gonna flash sale to 2.50 right afterwards. And I already spent a decent amount on Dishonored just because I always manage to convince myself that "this is the stealth game I'm going to enjoy the fuck out of" and always disappoint myself.

I ate an engineer
This discussion has been closed.