As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Go find the new STEAM thread

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    So my whining about being sick means that @Muppetman decides that a gift is the cure and throws Gal Civ II at me to heal me with his Class.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    Couldn't figure out why steam wouldn't let me install Rise of the Samurai. C'mon steam I just want to fight some ninjas and stuff. Then I look through my purchase history and see that I bought it when I picked up Shogun. :facepalm:

signature.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SkabSkab Registered User regular
    IS Gal Civ 2 any good? I just noticed its one of the flash sales and am thinking about picking it up, would like some opinions first though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Skab wrote: »
    IS Gal Civ 2 any good? I just noticed its one of the flash sales and am thinking about picking it up, would like some opinions first though.

If you're a fan of MOO-esque 4x games, yes. It's one of the remaining core entries in the genre. Very deep, very clever. Maybe showing its age a little now, but not as much as you'd think. I enjoyed it immensely. Just about avoiding picking it up, since I found my physical copy in a box post-move!

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular

As soon as my head stops pounding from being sick, and I can focus on a game, I Plan on finding out!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    GalCiv is one of the only 4X games out there where the opposing factions are handled really well by the computer. Way better than most of the genre.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MuppetmanMuppetman Registered User regular
    @Banzai5150 gifted me E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy. It's been on my wishlist for a long time - huge thanks!

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    So after being informed of a very nice deal, I went ahead and ordered this today

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202006

Figure its about time to finally upgrade my old 9800gtx card and get something modern.

oh, and it didnt hurt that it comes with free copies of Hitman: Absolution, Far Cry 3, and Sleeping Dogs (oh, and a coupon for 20% off Medal of Honor for what its worth).

Yeah... that seemed like a good deal.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Corpekata wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009CEM332?tag=cheapassgam08-20

Tony Hawk for 5 bucks. Steamworks. Not sure, but think that's the cheapest it's been so far.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this version of Tony Hawk have no multiplayer? Which sort of defeats like 80% of the fun in a tony hawk game?

I was all stoked to get it when it came out until I heard that.

Really? All of my fun memories of the TH games never have anything to do with multi. I remember handing the controller off, but never doing straight multi in any of them.

Considering this. How is it on PC? I remember someone saying it wasn't so great, but I don't remember why.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Hmm. Is Crysis 2 worth $12? I watched the first half hour or so on Youtube, and it seemed kinda generic shooter-esque.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Just read that you get one of those 5 dollar credits with TH HD, so at it's current price it's basically free. Sold.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    So after being informed of a very nice deal, I went ahead and ordered this today

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202006

Figure its about time to finally upgrade my old 9800gtx card and get something modern.

oh, and it didnt hurt that it comes with free copies of Hitman: Absolution, Far Cry 3, and Sleeping Dogs (oh, and a coupon for 20% off Medal of Honor for what its worth).

Yeah... that seemed like a good deal.

That is an insanely good deal. I have a completely serviceable video card, but if I didn't, I would be all over that. Does setting up two video cards with crossfire just let you use two monitors?

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    Just read that you get one of those 5 dollar credits with TH HD, so at it's current price it's basically free. Sold.
    The list of titles the $5 coupon is for isn't terribly long, FYI.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    I thought it was balls compared to the first one and grossly easy to break (extended cloak + fast energy regen upgrades = why bother even playing?). Like, it's not a terrible game or anything, and you may find it fun in the end, but 12 bucks can get you a whole lot better gaming you know?

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    How many coupons are you going to have though? I'm going to use one for hotline Miami, but other than that...? Gifts

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    How many coupons are you going to have though? I'm going to use one for hotline Miami, but other than that...? Gifts

I just already had everything I wanted on the list that was posted earlier. Gifts, yes.

• Options
    slappybagslappybag Local Badass Minnesota, USARegistered User regular
    Since I've received 70 games on Sgifts (some from PA!) I've decided to do some giveaways.

http://www.steamgifts.com/forum/f58JS/70-wins/

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR CRAZY

signature.png

5 days. Go. Win. Scribblenauts.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Is Hotline Miami playable with a controller?

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Fucking buy Hotline Miami. It's doooooooope. It's Drive the video game. It's like playing cocaine. And the soundtrack is AMAZING.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH0gzD1IwGk

Also, what's the word on Skyrim: Hearthfire? Worth the $2.50? Or do other free mods just do the same thing, better?

• Options
    Max Payne 3 won't get past the screen telling me I need to log into my social club account. Why won't my social club log in? My internet is working and it even remembered my login info from GTA 4!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Guys I can heartily recommend Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai. Loved it. It works so well mechanically. Makes me think a WW1 game is feasible (but still difficult of course).

• Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    Fucking buy Hotline Miami. It's doooooooope. It's Drive the video game. It's like playing cocaine. And the soundtrack is AMAZING.

I believe that song contains what kids these days are calling "phat beats."

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    @Masume wins the opportunity to walk with the dead. Make sure you notify me when you are signed onto steam.

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    @Sumanai is hunting me. I can't escape. Can't escape his need to class. He gave me SpaceChem, and before that, a DOTA 2 key.

This means war.

BrocksMullet on
    I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Wow. Steamgifts.com is running terribly. Anyway, last chance for AudioSurf

signature.png

And what the hell, here's a couple more games

signature.png
    signature.png

Also, shout out to @Lord Yod and "Gigazombie Cybermage" for gifting me Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Rise of the Samurai Campaign and Breath of Death VII. Very classy of you two ;)

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    @SkyEye surprised me this morning with a copy of Waves, completely out of the blue.

Unfortunately, immediately after reading the email I realized that I was going to be late for an appointment, so I was not able to thank him until now.

I hear that Waves is filled with neon colors and phat beats, and if I love anything in this world, it is neon colors and phat beats.

Thank you kindly, sir.

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular

I believe that song contains what kids these days are calling "phat beats."

No sir. Those beats are "tough".

These things I know.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    Mercutio87Mercutio87 So build that wall and build it strong cause We'll be there before too longRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Striderjg caught me when I wasn't looking and dropped a short, simple little game called Mass Effect 2, which is awesomely classy, thanks! I am sure I will beat it before rising ocean levels reach my house.

While making this very post, DaringDirk caught me at my most vulnerable, and slipped in the Binding of Isaac expansion.

Mercutio87 on
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Ahh Fallen Enchantress seems to be right up my alley but I missed the Dark Souls deal so I've been holding out for a repeat of it on Steam and I'm nearing the end of my budget. There is the winter sale though so it's just which one I want first...

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    @Sumanai is hunting me. I can't escape. Can't escape his need to class. He gave me SpaceChem, and before that, a DOTA 2 key.

This means war.

And @BrocksMullet quickly responded by sending me F.E.A.R.. I look forward to being scared by a little girl. And since I can't afford a war, I surrender before your classiness!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Heh, can't enter an Awesomenauts steamgifts thing because it says I already own it, but I only downloaded it during the free weekend.

Either way, flash deals/Secret Santa to the rescue!

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    If anyone has five to seven fifty to spare, Hotline Miami or Mark of the Ninja are both high up on my wishlist

And come the Great Winter Sale, you will receive appropriate favors

I always repay my debts

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    @SkyEye surprised me this morning with a copy of Waves, completely out of the blue.

Unfortunately, immediately after reading the email I realized that I was going to be late for an appointment, so I was not able to thank him until now.

I hear that Waves is filled with neon colors and phat beats, and if I love anything in this world, it is neon colors and phat beats.

Thank you kindly, sir.

*Adds as steam friend*

Starting a new game and seeing LewieP's high score as the next highest score is a bit disheartening.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Alright even though I so do not need more video games in my life at this point I just bought Hotline: Miami. So unless something crazy comes up on the flash sales, and unless I decide to buy English Country Tune for $1.24 or whatever silly price it's at, I'm done for this sale. Mark of the Ninja, Spec Ops, and other misc stuff on my wishlist will wait until at least the Christmas sale and probably longer (until they are dirt cheap).

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Alright even though I so do not need more video games in my life at this point I just bought Hotline: Miami. So unless something crazy comes up on the flash sales, and unless I decide to buy English Country Tune for $1.24 or whatever silly price it's at, I'm done for this sale. Mark of the Ninja, Spec Ops, and other misc stuff on my wishlist will wait until at least the Christmas sale and probably longer (until they are dirt cheap).

You're a stronger man than most.

edit: I just served the Newell on the behalf of my Santee, so I feel pretty good. One fat man with a beard just allowed me to play the role of another fat man with a beard.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    Mercutio87 wrote: »
    Striderjg caught me when I wasn't looking and dropped a short, simple little game called Mass Effect 2, which is awesomely classy, thanks! I am sure I will beat it before rising ocean levels reach my house.

@Mercutio87 then turned around and gift bombed 20 - 30 hours onto my backlog with LA Noire. Looking forward to seeing this facial simulator I have heard about, as long as my backlog doesn't start trapping light and comsuming all known existence.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    datac0redatac0re Registered User regular
    Mark of the Ninja is staring hard at my wallet, periodically glancing up to give me the evil eye...

In other news, has Faster Than Light been on sale at all yet? Or is there yet hope that it'll be marked down?

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    And @BrocksMullett saw my post and immediately gifted me English Country Tune, saving me the trouble of deciding whether to purchase it! As is my custom I have classified the avatar:

brocksmullett.jpg

Also since we're a PC gaming thread:

13082.png

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Mark of the Ninja and Hotline: Miami are staring at me right now.. I know I shouldn't.. but.. I'll probably end up buying them in the next hour or two. After all, I must make sure I never get through my game bank, right?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
This discussion has been closed.