As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans: The gifts (and puzzles) begin to arrive.

• Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Veretas wrote: »
    Oh man I am so severely tempted to buy that calvin and hobbes set myself because it is like half off right now.

But I'm secretly hoping my satan gets it for me instead

THIS IS A HINT SATAN

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    So when I got un-hitched he kept my copy of Predator and all of the Calvin and Hobbes books we had accumulated over the years

I bought myself a new copy of Predator, but still do not have any C & H, so if you're looking for an easy out there you go Mr. Satan

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    MadEddy wrote: »
    So this is a thing

If you're looking for something fantastic for your Satan, especially if they have kids

Man. I haven't gotten my older niece anything for her birthday or Christmas yet (Christmas Eve baby), either. Four is old enough to begin to appreciate the Magic School Bus, right?

Yes.

E: I think I should spring on this for my nieces

EE: Haha nope not with what's remaining on this paycheck. Good thing I didn't jump for Fall of Cybertron when it was on sale.

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    So when I got un-hitched he kept my copy of Predator and all of the Calvin and Hobbes books we had accumulated over the years

I bought myself a new copy of Predator, but still do not have any C & H, so if you're looking for an easy out there you go Mr. Satan

ha, I did that with Who Framed Roger Rabbit

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Stale wrote: »
    Phase 2 of giftening is complete

Operation "Stop tox from living like a Hobo" is underway

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :!:

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Does Operation: Stop Tox from Living like a Hobo turn into Operation: Fully Transform Tox into Hobo?

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    GIFT #2

Apparently there was no mailbox space yesterday, but yet another SATAN gift has arrived
    54ghab.png

these are wonderful

my prince(ss) of darkness/demonic overlord has been greatly generous

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Oooooh, my gift has arrived in the same town as my Satanee, according to the tracking info! I'm excited enough to squeal.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    it would be cool if a gift showed up tomorrow because it is my birthday

but i know that it can show up at any time in the next 2 months so i must be patient

but ever vigilant

poo
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »

So for Christmas you'd like his will edited so you get everything and for him to disappear.

I did not see that on your amazon wishlist.

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    There is one more thing I would like to get my satanee but I think buying more things veers into the realm of financial irresponsibility for me.

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    yay all of my gifts are on their way!

• Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    So I got home from work today and found a package waiting for me

muVRR.jpg

Some books I ordered were due to arrive this week, but this box is too big and heavy... could it be??

GVR7j.jpg

A gift from Satan! And it comes with a note:

U14z4.jpg

cWUYu.jpg

I don't know who you are Satan, but this Christmas is already the best one yet! Thank you so much!

(not pictured: my cat building a fort out of the empty box)

Odin on
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Some mystery person is just going to send everyone a copy of Calvin and Hobbes

And this is a good thing.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Yes that would be fine by me.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I love Calvin & Hobbes but Satan please don't send that to me because I already own all of the individual books!

Seriously though some rad gifting going on round here.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Funny thing is I saw Chris' post earlier and thought I should get around to buying my own copy after this is over

Then I come home and bam! it's there waiting for me

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I own the individual books, albeit maybe minus a few strips, so you don't have to get me the complete collection, Satan.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Uhh unless it's too late, Satan, in which case I will gladly replace my old individual copies with the beautiful hardbound ones which are newer and less full of my eight-year-old self's coloring.

Is what I meant to add!

Sometimes I forget not to be an ungracious jerk.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    Odin wrote: »

I think pictures of a pet interacting with your present needs to be a requirement

Am I the only one who didn't care for Calvin and Hobbes? I grew up with Garfield and now my ultimate favorite comic is The Far Side. The day I got the anthology was a good day

• Options
    MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Saw a blimp once Registered User regular
    Well, my keyboards space bar just broke (well only the right side).

Gift hints!

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Rayze wrote: »

I think pictures of a pet interacting with your present needs to be a requirement

Am I the only one who didn't care for Calvin and Hobbes? I grew up with Garfield and now my ultimate favorite comic is The Far Side. The day I got the anthology was a good day

:arrow:

• Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    None of the USPS flat rate boxes will fit the gift I was intending
    Hmmmm

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular

Robot Santa, shoot to kill.

• Options

I wanted to, but the battery pack on my camera decided to die just then and I can't find the charger :(

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I liked Garfield, but I had the realization when I was eight or nine that it wasn't actually funny. although I did like what the Internet discovered which is if you remove all of Garfield's text Jon becomes a crazy guy talking to a cat.

The far side is a great examination on all of the what ifs, what could have been and the what the of life.

But c&h is just the adventures of life as a kid. And it's great. I did all the stuff Calvin did minus the tiger. It's funny, it's sweet and it resonates with a lot of people.

Reading it now though, man. I can see now that bill wattersom was a lonely kid.

• Options
    RayzeRayze Registered User regular

:arrow:

Do you want me to go?

• Options
    Garfield's Halloween and Christmas specials are pretty great, though. It was just the comic that was not good.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Yeah, I think Blake has it on point for me.

It was funny for me as a kid, but now it's actually funnier without the cat.

Calvin and Hobbes just speaks to me in a different way. And he was more creative naming his tiger than I was naming my penguin.

His name was...Mr. Penguin.

• Options
    .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I used to like Garfield and The Far Side but Calvin and Hobbes is a comic I can still read and enjoy immensely. I got the Complete Collection a couple Secret Satans back and I still flip through it every now and then. I would probably read it more but I am afraid to ruin it.

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
  • Options
    my teddy bear was freddy the teddy i am the fuckin worst

poo
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular

Robot Santa, then burn the ashes.

The Far Side is a good strip.
    But Garfield?
    Garfield?

:|

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular

Mine was Teddy. I had another named Fuzzy Wuzzy.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    MadEddy wrote: »

Mine was Teddy. I had another named Fuzzy Wuzzy.

but he had no hair

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I had a Gund teddy bear I named Peanutbutter.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I bet that out there there is the secretest of satans, just going around buying everyone who signs up the C&H collection, one by one...

At least a person can hope.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    One day I want to save up enough money that I can buy a ton of C&H collections, and just spend an entire holiday season shipping them out to all the good forumers (basically everybody).

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla

Call me crazy, but that seems unwise.

• Options
    i also had this fuzzy little ball alligator thing but i forget what it was i kept that shit with me often though

poo
This discussion has been closed.