Options

Pillars of [chat]

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    g'morrow sirrahs

I know youre just kiddong around, but I see sirrah used as a synonym for sir when it is traditionally a term used to address those lower in stature or rank than yourself

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    I notice you only do this shit when there aren't a lot of mods on

ALWAYS VIGILANT

Just out of curiosity, are you allowed to do mod stuff in here or do you have to flag it for a D&D mod? I promise I will not take your answer as an excuse to wreak havok.

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    oh and this is always good

you know the old chestnut

"it's cool, i'm with the band" or "i'm with the crew"

that works exactly never

the only way it could possibly work is you make the security laugh and you are so audacious they're just like "are you for real?"

like when i was bouncing if i asked some kid if he had ID and he waved his hand and said "You don't need to see my identification" i would probably let that slide for the sheer brass that takes

No Triple A? GTFO.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    comrade lightbulb! we require enlightenment. do your duty.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    A fair point, sirrah

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    No one takes.me seriously

I bet this is how galileo felt

dogg people took galileo very seriously

in the sense that it got him pretty majorly fucked over

when someone doesn't take your theories and beliefs seriously it doesn't generally result in you being arrested and tried for heresy

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i did both se++ and d&d satans/santa

the se++ person already got my gift and that felt rewarding, this is the first time i've participated

i will like to see D&D person's reaction when i give them their thing

and also to receive things at some point

poo
  • Options
    Casual wrote: »
    I notice you only do this shit when there aren't a lot of mods on

ALWAYS VIGILANT

Just out of curiosity, are you allowed to do mod stuff in here or do you have to flag it for a D&D mod? I promise I will not take your answer as an excuse to wreak havok.

n3BZW8AAS4XI5.png

TRUSTWORTHY
    icon_razz.gif

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Pony I don't literally think everything is too heteronormative

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    Hasn't Trump been bankrupt at least once already? I assume it was a dodge of some kind.

Twice I think. Which incidentally is every time he has ASSUMED DIRECT CONTROL of his business. He has been bailed out by virtue of his name.

He's just another no-good fuck who inherited a fortune, and believes himself to be superior by virtue of royal blood.

I liked the time where he got together with Sarah Palin and was like, "Let's show how we're one of the people."

And skipped going to any of the many local pizza places in New York. And ate his pizza with utensils.

THEY WENT TO A GLORIFIED SBARROS FOR FUCKSSAKE

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    g'morrow sirrahs

I know youre just kiddong around, but I see sirrah used as a synonym for sir when it is traditionally a term used to address those lower in stature or rank than yourself

Thanks, Buzzkill McKillington.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Pony check out the latest web comics weekly podcast. Scott and company blast Tim Buckley.

• Options
    No one takes.me seriously

I bet this is how galileo felt

dogg people took galileo very seriously

in the sense that it got him pretty majorly fucked over

when someone doesn't take your theories and beliefs seriously it doesn't generally result in you being arrested and tried for heresy
    Like the great heretics before me I too have been jailed and mocked for speaking too truly

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I should get around to actually buying my santee's gift

I know what I'm going to get 'em, it's just a matter of figuring out the shipping and such

plus this shit with my dad has kept me distracted from some of these side events, to put it mildly

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    g'morrow sirrahs

Jesus fucking christ dude, grow the shit up.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    simonwolf wrote: »

I know what I'm going to get 'em, it's just a matter of figuring out the shipping and such

plus this shit with my dad has kept me distracted from some of these side events, to put it mildly

Getting it shipped was pretty easy, I shipped my stuff today.

Walked in, made a box shape with my hands, said "to America" and the rest just sort of fell into place.

Of course, I don't know your post office, mine has a couple of people that work there with decent English, though the lady that works there that has the best English was not in today.

• Options
    In unrelated news I always pick the worst page to come into chat the past 4 days.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options

can you understand that all things being devoid of intonation on this here internet

and given the (in my opinion) alarming and sudden zeal you have developed for your beliefs as stated

that for people reading your posts it is sometimes difficult to know whether you legitimately believe something or are being hyperbolic or have adopted some strange new persona?

like please tell me on some level you are cognitively aware of this issue

• Options
    I guess that was related news... hmph.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

The lines are a bit blurry. We try to not push buttons in someone else's forum, unless it's absolutely required, but usually it's enough to just tell people to cool it and tell the rest of the staff that we did so.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Jesus fucking christ bowen, calm the fuck down.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    g'morrow sirrahs

aye sah

• Options
    bowen wrote: »
    g'morrow sirrahs

Jesus fucking christ dude, grow the shit up.
    After you 8-)

• Options
    evilbob wrote: »

Now I must think of an interesting way for you to die.

• Options
    Pony check out the latest web comics weekly podcast. Scott and company blast Tim Buckley.

i don't do podcasts but if i did i'd probably be in for blasting tim buckley

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Walked in, made a box shape with my hands, said "to America" and the rest just sort of fell into place.

Of course, I don't know your post office, mine has a couple of people that work there with decent English, though the lady that works there that has the best English was not in today.

Oh, I've shipped stuff from Japan before and it's been fine, that's not the real hassle involved

but to say more would potentially spoil things

• Options

can you understand that all things being devoid of intonation on this here internet

and given the (in my opinion) alarming and sudden zeal you have developed for your beliefs as stated

that for people reading your posts it is sometimes difficult to know whether you legitimately believe something or are being hyperbolic or have adopted some strange new persona?

like please tell me on some level you are cognitively aware of this issue

Yes

• Options

Hit him with your sword.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Well, I suppose this would be that moment where I threaten to send people to their rooms without dinner.

• Options

Oh, I've shipped stuff from Japan before and it's been fine, that's not the real hassle involved

Ooooh, mysterious.

You are shipping a small child, aren't you?

• Options
    like nerd look at the posts you have made in the past couple pages about sirrahs and good sirs and heteronormativity and galileo

and compare them with the way you talk about the things you legitimately believe

ask yourself whose fault it is that people don't take you seriously when you actually want to say something you actually think

• Options

Ooooh, mysterious.

You are shipping a small child, aren't you?

define "small"

• Options
    like nerd look at the posts you have made in the past couple pages about sirrahs and good sirs and heteronormativity and galileo

and compare them with the way you talk about the things you legitimately believe

ask yourself whose fault it is that people don't take you seriously when you actually want to say something you actually think

WHY NOT. YOU DON'T WANNA LISTEN ANYWAY

*queues linkin park*

aRkpc.gif
  • Options

It's a pretty classic case of "boy who cried wolf"

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

dysentary...POOP EVERYWHERE

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Actually, Nerd, there are 2 things I want you to explain to me, if you don't mind, of course.
    A) What's weird about calling people "good sir"
    B) What alternative is there?
    C) Should I call you "cherished ally, Sentient Creature I am fond of"?

• Options

I was serious about the good sir thing

Im sorry if I speak poorly and get myself misunderstood, but it's hard not to when most assume everything you say is in bad faith or the result of me being a kid anyway

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Maybe Echo's right and it's time for something new to talk about, guys.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

The lines are a bit blurry. We try to not push buttons in someone else's forum, unless it's absolutely required, but usually it's enough to just tell people to cool it and tell the rest of the staff that we did so.

No goatsee or lemon party when echo is in the room. Check.

This discussion has been closed.