Options

Pillars of [chat]

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I am drinking right now.

It is cold and I am hiding under my kotatsu and it feels nice.

It's not even 7am yet, isn't it a little early? <_<

Japan time

Please continue, Inquisitor!

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    i do not blame robert pattinson for taking all that twilight money and being in those movies

nor do i blame him for shitting on the franchise and saying stephanie meyer is a weird crazy person

taking kristen stewart back? ehhhhh might be dumb but if someone's in love, whatever

basically he's an actor i really can't bring myself to even disdain his choices

let alone share the hate a lot of the internet seems to have for him

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Who said anything about Robert pattinson? You Cray Cray pone bone Malone.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Hasn't Trump been bankrupt at least once already? I assume it was a dodge of some kind.

Twice I think. Which incidentally is every time he has ASSUMED DIRECT CONTROL of his business. He has been bailed out by virtue of his name.

He's just another no-good fuck who inherited a fortune, and believes himself to be superior by virtue of royal blood.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Hasn't Trump been bankrupt at least once already? I assume it was a dodge of some kind.

Twice I think. Which incidentally is every time he has ASSUMED DIRECT CONTROL of his business. He has been bailed out by virtue of his name.

He's just another no-good fuck who inherited a fortune, and believes himself to be superior by virtue of royal blood.

I liked the time where he got together with Sarah Palin and was like, "Let's show how we're one of the people."

And skipped going to any of the many local pizza places in New York. And ate his pizza with utensils.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Pony wrote: »
    i do not blame robert pattinson for taking all that twilight money and being in those movies

nor do i blame him for shitting on the franchise and saying stephanie meyer is a weird crazy person

taking kristen stewart back? ehhhhh might be dumb but if someone's in love, whatever

basically he's an actor i really can't bring myself to even disdain his choices

let alone share the hate a lot of the internet seems to have for him

good man, rob deserves love

love for his lost eyebrows...

re: kristen stewart:

tqiDg.gif

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Yeah that was a really good PR trick that went totally fine!

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular

Way too many of those

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Kagera wrote: »
    That and it's a female teacher that is attractive so instead of disgust most of society are like 'nice'.

Hmm, are you sure it's most of society or just people in the right positions to set her free?
    I haven't done a study or anything but the moral and public outrage versus sex offenders of different genders seems to skew one way pretty hard.

From what I remember they are still together/want to get married (or maybe even already are)

They tried to press charges but the boy's parents are accepting of the relationship and both they and the boy himself were unhelpful and wouldn't testify against her or help in any way, even actively hurting the investigation by erasing text messages the prosecution asked them to please not do

So it's not like the people in charge went oh sweet that's awesome bro, there was at least an attempt to send her to jail

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Let's be honest here. We all hate Tim Buckley here, but if he had 5 million and said "be my artist for the next three years" for 5 million dollars you would do it. You just would.

I dont blame Robert Pattison for taking the cash. A lot of us work jobs we hate. I disagree with him being public about hating the series if he wants to get more work. If he does not, then whatever, he can say what he wants.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    HOLY FUCKING WHAT THE FUCK A NEW MAGICAL DROP JUST CAME OUT?!

• Options
    From what I know trumps dad was a honest small businessman who trump thinks little of because he didn't have the audacity to dream of gold played money pits.

• Options
    Yeah that was a really good PR trick that went totally fine!

Jon Stewart talking about it on the Daily Show was one of the best moments for the show.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Say what you like about Lord Sugar, he more or less earned his own fortune.

• Options
    Let's be honest here. We all hate Tim Buckley here, but if he had 5 million and said "be my artist for the next three years" for 5 million dollars you would do it. You just would.

I dont blame Robert Pattison for taking the cash. A lot of us work jobs we hate. I disagree with him being public about hating the series if he wants to get more work. If he does not, then whatever, he can say what he wants.

I would do it, sure, but I wouldn't open my mouth until I'm out from those three years. I also wouldn't voluntarily speak praises in the three years, it'd only be on request from the guy giving me the paycheck. Tim Buckley is an idiot, but not a war criminal or anything.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Really Nerd

You don't think that our culture elevates the lowest common denominator into the spotlight simultaneously making them rich and glorifying it makes the top 100?

I'm not talking about any one particular person here, but yeah, I would say this is probably in my top 20, maybe the top 10.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    soooooooooooooo bogart

how about them (somethin somethins)

pretty great no

I always preferred (same thing, different colour uniform)

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular

I would do it, sure, but I wouldn't open my mouth until I'm out from those three years. I also wouldn't voluntarily speak praises in the three years, it'd only be on request from the guy giving me the paycheck. Tim Buckley is an idiot, but not a war criminal or anything.

Yes, and I think that is the position Pattison should take.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    soooooooooooooo bogart

how about them (somethin somethins)

pretty great no

I always preferred (same thing, different colour uniform)

BIGGER TITS?

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Who said anything about Robert pattinson? You Cray Cray pone bone Malone.

it was part of the article of "celebrities who shit on the things what got em famous"

• Options
    I just wanted to use pone bone Malone really.

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Are we not distinguishing between Snooki's fame and the fame that talented, good-spirited famous people enjoy?

Because I think the point of Snooki is just to serve as a magnet for public ridicule, not to be admired in any way.

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    I just wanted to use pone bone Malone really.

:^:

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Really Nerd

You don't think that our culture elevates the lowest common denominator into the spotlight simultaneously making them rich and glorifying it makes the top 100?

I'm not talking about any one particular person here, but yeah, I would say this is probably in my top 20, maybe the top 10.

No

• Options
    real talk i find fame terrifying

like if any of my varying attempts at artistic endeavors were successful in a meaningful way

i am terrified of becoming famous for them

i am totally cool with being rich and being like

artistically and intellectually well-regarded?

but actually being out and out famous oh god no no no no no

no thank you not ever

i'm not even comfortable with being sorta internet (in)famous in some circles

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

like if any of my varying attempts at artistic endeavors were successful in a meaningful way

no thank you not ever

Agree. Daft Punk has the right idea in regards to fame, imo.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I'll never be famous or infamous because nobody wants to listen to my shit. So I am safe.

• Options

Yes, and I think that is the position Pattison should take.

I don't even know what the hell is going on with Pattinson.

• Options
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Really Nerd

No

You are a gift that keeps on giving, Nerd.

• Options
    edited November 2012

no thank you not ever

This would probably be a little scary in real life.

tumblr_mdrjp7LPqg1rhk5dxo3_500.jpg

tumblr_mdrjp7LPqg1rhk5dxo2_500.jpg

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    like i am cool with getting paaaaaaid for my artistic work

and like, being critically acclaimed

like i am cool with the idea of some dude in a magazine writing a glowing review of something i did

that is all fine

the idea of being recognized on the street and someone coming up to me and telling me what a huge fan of my work they are is horrifying

i generally find social anxieties to be emotionally baffling but this is absolutely one where my entire brain recoils like a snail

• Options
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Really Nerd

No

You are a gift that keeps on giving, Nerd.

How so

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    The easiest way to avoid this fate is to never do anything noteworthy.

• Options
    The only thing about fame that scares me is people trying to win my favor. Anyone approaching me saying, "Oh, I like (x) too!" is automatically under suspicion.

I like how things are, where I prove myself to others.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    The only thing about fame that scares me is people trying to win my favor. Anyone approaching me saying, "Oh, I like (x) too!" is automatically under suspicion.

Yeah. I've often thought about how winning the lottery would wreck my personal relationships.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    i am actually pretty glad i have absolutely no musical talent or training whatsoever

so i never at any point think of becoming a professional musician

because if successful musicians get the worst kind of fame imaginable to me

i've done concert security and i see the diehard fans of the talent i'm working for and i'm like

jesus christ how horrifying

Pony on
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Good conversation nerd

Fuck this I'm out

• Options
    TL DR wrote: »

Yeah. I've often thought about how winning the lottery would wreck my personal relationships.

Personal relationships I already have established aren't the problem. And people warming up to me abruptly moreso than I know them to be would be dead give-aways to people I can cut loose.

• Options

Aren't there ways to get the money without disclosing your identity as the winner?

• Options

Aren't there ways to get the money without disclosing your identity as the winner?

yes but now enjoy lying to every single person in your personal life, bud

especially when they start experiencing hardship

This discussion has been closed.