As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pillars of [chat]

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Brian wants to throw the ball, hey look its just man coverage with your guy running straight down field and beating the cb by 5 yards, lets throw it to that guy. Oh hey look, im instead throwing the ball direclty into the cb's path.

Then my opponent passes the ball and has 3 people wide open with zero coverage despite playing man with 2 safteys back

i dont even. seriously, im not trying to be this bad, but not matter what defensive play i choose, they are always able to find a hole in it. If i try to rush the ball, i am sacked for a loss of yards, if i try to throw the ball, it is an interception no matter what.

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I am really looking forward to playing The Walking Dead

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I ran out of vodka so I'm drinking rum that tastes like sunscreen.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    This rum and coke tastes like sunscreen. But oh well. I can't wait for the woman who saves me from myself and my boredom.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Sometimes I dream I'm driving from the backseat. Apparently this is a pretty common dream. I'm like "goddamnit I can't believe I accidentally sat in the back. Driving from back here is super dangerous!"

Also I dream about being trapped in a car underwater.

wandering on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    nothing is more awesome than playing loading bar quest

oh wait

everything else is

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »

look forward to serious challenges of your faith in mankind and your understandings of pragmatism and mercy

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Sometimes I dream I'm driving from the backseat. Apparently this is a pretty common dream. I'm like "goddamnit I can't believe I accidentally sat in the back. Driving from back here is super dangerous!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phm6fREnK-A

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    this

this about 1:15 in

"spine in a sack"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-9d9MkH-ZY&feature=relmfu

cant stop laughing

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    that car video was able to sneak in a jlo's ass reference in regards to the car's backside

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    man, kenny powers. i'm so glad you're in mexico boning this lady with a giant butt. get it.

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    This rum and coke tastes like sunscreen. But oh well. I can't wait for the woman who saves me from myself and my boredom.

Dun do it, Castle! I will make it my personal mission to save you and Abdy and Chu from your liquid mistress.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular

Dun do it, Castle! I will make it my personal mission to save you and Abdy and Chu from your liquid mistress.

King Neptune's daughters are devilish seductresses indeed

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options

Well, I am the best of those hooligans. Aby is a military dude in Europe who falls out windows and Chu is a downtown man looking for the bright glory of academia.

I'm just a dude who can play videogames better than you've ever seen and makes love like a tornado. Also this. *moves finger slowly in oval around face*

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »

There are so many innuendo-filled routes we could take this. I must regretfully abstain.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    There's one thing that bugs me about Uncharted 2's story:
    They're discussing the Cintamani stone, and wondering if there really is a supernatural element to it, although largely scoffing at it until evidence turns up.

Nobody thinks to say "Hey, remember a couple of years ago when we saw that cursed golden statue that turns people into 28 Days style zombies?"

You'd think they'd remember something like that.

• Options
    You think I can remember every cursed artifact I find, RMS? That's crazy.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    What are the odds of there being two crazy-ass artifacts in the world?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    The number of CAAs in the world = the number of Uncharted games.

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Morning

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    good morning!

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    the two jailed chatters greeted each other in the exercise yard solemnly

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Good morning [chat].

• Options
    I hear you're a man who know how to get things...

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Just realized the PDF I uploaded my transcripts to this scholarship in is fucked up, and the deadline's passed. Bye-bye summer language scholarship, I guess. :\

:c Do you have any other opportunities or things to possibly line up instead?

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Was meant to do a thing this morning, but wasn't sent the list of things I needed to do it.

Welp!

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Fuck yes xcom has borderless window mode. Developers who don't add that to their games should be shot.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    hey wait, you liar, nerd

it's morning here which means it can't be morning there!

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    hey wait, you liar, nerd

Isn't it like half twelve in the morning where nerd is?

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Morning finished 7 hours ago you scrubs. We're well on the way to Thursday.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    *Yawn*

I think I shall dander to the canteen later and enjoy a pre-pay day discounted hot breakfast.

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    hey wait, you liar, nerd

Isn't it like half twelve in the morning where nerd is?

I dunno

but it's half past nine here which is early enough that no later can be called morning today.

Just today tho

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Definitely not clicking on what appears to be a Guido with an erection.

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    Definitely not clicking on what appears to be a Guido with an erection.

no, do click it. It is good. Muy good.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    oh lawd

reading Cracked and trying not to laugh loudly while my fiancee's asleep and i come upon this line:
    It's always gratifying when people outside of the fictional world of the Star Wars universe are still saddled with a name fitting to who they are. "Ratner" can't help but leave your mouth like an expletive.

and i am choking on my own laughter here

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Brian wants to throw the ball, hey look its just man coverage with your guy running straight down field and beating the cb by 5 yards, lets throw it to that guy. Oh hey look, im instead throwing the ball direclty into the cb's path.

I don't know if it's changed at all since I last played (got so god damn sick of madden and ncaa after like infinite hours into each of the football franchises) but the first thing you gotta know about the madden online player population is that these people are just as intense as super dedicated LoLers and like to press every advantage they can find. Some people play and practice so much that they read coverages as well as half-decent college QBs, if not better, especially against packages with as many vulnerable soft spots as the Cover 2 Man Under. Gotta learn the weaknesses of your favorite coverages and see how you can subvert expectations, like calling a zone blitz but manually lining up as if to man under with whatever button does that pre-snap adjustment, etc

Regarding the whole terrible QB missing wide open receivers thing, do they still have precision passing in the game? That can be a pretty important manual execution thing if so - jamming down on the receiver button may make the throw an arc-less dart that's easy to pick off, whereas lightly/moderately holding down the button or precision targeting with the left stick (?) can make sure the throw is either a rainbow or aimed at the far shoulder, respectively

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Aww.

I sneezed while eating and now there's muesli in my hair.

This is not gonna be a good day.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

look forward to serious challenges of your faith in mankind and your understandings of pragmatism and mercy

My favorite choice from the whole game has to be the one at the end of episode 2. Mostly because players are so closely split on it and it's such a blatantly clear choice in my eyes.

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »

There are so many innuendo-filled routes we could take this. I must regretfully abstain.

Fight the good fight*

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
This discussion has been closed.