As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pillars of [chat]

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    It was just a throwaway paragraph at the bottom of grace Dent's Independent column today (here). Basically, he counsels people not to watch the show he's in that rakes in $220 thousand an episode for him.

It is a shame those comments are religiously influenced because they're incredibly true.

• Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    Jokes on you, I already read it in that thread, ha haaa.

It is a good post cuts to the heart of why it's such a good game. Even if the tropes are familiar, there's something undeniably powerful about letting you have a sense of control over the events. And making the players feel like they're in control is a looot more difficult than gamers think.

But at least the press seems to get it. Loooots and lots of good buzz about the game. I played it in a sort of media blackout state and was shocked to come out of episode five to find that a bunch of critics were hailing it as revolutionary.

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    News of the day:

Labour wants to exclude Khalid Haji Ahmed from the party.

a youngster from AUF put out an anti-semitic status update - translated, "Fucking jew whores, wish Hitler would come back and shower you a bit more" - and Khalid commented on it. Labour feels that he didn't sufficiently disassociate himself with the statement.

and now that he's not apologizing, they want to exclude him. His reply is that this was his way to reprimand them, by not talking politicianese but in a more... accommodating (not best translation) way to set their views straight.

Annoyingly I can't find his comment, but anyway, but, well, even though as a politician your only reply should be along the lines of "fuck off and fuck you" that's for your own benefit and won't make the stupid kid rethink anything.

But I doubt that much else on facebook would, really. Anyway. Doesn't exactly display a lot of political cunning on Khalid's part. Because of course he's going to be excluded as labour does damage control - they can't exclude the AUF member as youth league members aren't necessarily members of labour proper.

On the other side of the political spectrum, a Progress Party politician had made posters he waved around when he argued from the pulpit of the Storting saying like "TAX CUTS FOR ORDINARY PEOPLE WITH THE PROGRESS PARTY" and such. The rest of the representatives, including his own party, were not amused. His own party fellows are saying stuff like how it's disrespectful against the highest institution of the nation, and similar reactions.

The obvious difference beetween these two cases are that one is about a low level county politician's response to a dumb kid and the other about an MP. Party discipline was never really something the progress party was good at.

The two suspects in the assault rape case that happened in Bergen just after the summer have now been charged. The accusation of gang rape has been dropped and it's now rape and... (whatever the word is for helping someone do a crime) to rape.

CNN mentioned Norway as their travel location for january (specifically northern norway for the northern lights) so of course that gets reported again because we are shamelessly vain when it comes to stuff like that
    -C21AdC-yHUEKDX33zfycQVn6eDJ3On-C74EI1kyzDDA.jpg
    Pictured: Northern lights over Tromsø

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Hello [chat]. Work is wearing me down.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    so much for a good nights sleep...

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »

Don't worry, just another 20-24 hours of it.

• Options

Then what? What? I thought I had till the 21st next month! D:

• Options
    A local chair producer has been chosen to provide the chairs for the ground zero memorial in new york. Together with Snøhetta, who are the architects, they are the only two foreign suppliers to the memorial. Enough to be proud of, if you're a small city and it's a slow news day.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Then the weekend.

• Options
    Also: The hall of the Great Thing of Norway is kind of a pretty place

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ac/Spørretimen_i_Stortinget_22._november_2007.jpg

although not the most spartan of decors, red and gold kind of is our colours so fuck it red and gold it is.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Then the weekend.

*phew*

• Options
    lovebakken.jpg

Additional fun fact: The lions in front of the hall of the Storting, which gives it the oft used name "the lionhill", were made by a forger and murderer while awaiting his execution at Akershus fortress. He was later pardoned for "services to the Storting" and emigrated to America.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Amazon put an absolute shitton of packing material in the box containing my laptop sleeve

mother nature, she weeps

• Options
    Other minor news:

An old women with no immediate family left wrote an article about how christmas eve was for her - that in the evening, she and other old people like her often sat alone with their thoughts on christmas eve, as they didn't have anywhere to go - without feeling like too much of a bother.

Inspired a wave of interest in the red cross' thing for connecting people who are alone on christmas with people who have a spare seat at their table. The whole thing is very heartwarming.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    I love the Pillars of Creation.

Well this is awkward

We... we have some bad news for you :(

Nope! I used to be sad about that until Captain Carrot informed me that astronomers realized they misinterprted the data, and the Pilars were not destroyed after all (at least as far as we know). I don't have the link anymore though, maybe Carrot can oblige (I'd @ him if I knew how to @ people with spaces in their name)

Use quotation marks around the name. @Captain Carrot

You can also URL encode that bitch. And by that bitch I mean the space.

@Captain%20Carrot

• Options
    actually, correction: she didn't write the article, she wrote an ad "Lonely widow of 80 seeks family to spend christmas eve with. Will pay well."

needless to say, she isn't going to pay anything

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    *sigh*

I need a Japanese samurai to stand over me while I play fighting games and hit me with a stick and yell "no mind" every time I get distracted.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Oh man I get to eat today! Mmmmmmmmmmmmm can't wait.

Donde es el luncho though? La hora es 12

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    *sigh*

I need a Japanese samurai to stand over me while I play fighting games and hit me with a stick and yell "no mind" every time I get distracted.

such a service is probably availible

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    *sigh*

such a service is probably availible

http://hackthesystem.com/blog/why-i-hired-a-girl-on-craigslist-to-slap-me-in-the-face-and-why-it-quadrupled-my-productivity/

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Ah, I wondered that myself.

@RMS Oceanic

Does it work?

Edit: It does!

Haphazard on
  • Options
    Indeed it does, for I noticed you summoned me. :)

• Options
    But URL encoding is a useful skill!

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Goddamn, last month really gave my finances a kicking.
    And this month isn't looking much better...

That's what I get for going places and doing things. Inactivity forever!

sig.gif
  • Options
    new converse will make your feet bleed

I am not a fan

• Options
    Indeed it does, for I noticed you summoned me. :)

And I didn't have to do it five times in front of a mirror! :P

• Options
    The head of social media for the israeli armed forces put out a picture of himself with his face covered in mud, image subtitled "Obama style"

aaaaalright then.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    The head of social media for the israeli armed forces put out a picture of himself with his face covered in mud, image subtitled "Obama style"

aaaaalright then.

What, is that real?

• Options
    Abd, you see the leaked concept art from Bungie's new game?

Like all bad ass scifi things, it made me think of you: http://imgur.com/a/LG4I5

• Options
    978x.jpg

What 8 months in His Majesty The King's Guard does to a determined man.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited November 2012

aaaaalright then.

Did he at least not even say "Ob ob Obama Gangnam style"?

Racists aren't even trying to be culturally relevant anymore!

Tav on
  • Options
    Henroid wrote: »

aaaaalright then.

What, is that real?

978x.jpg

classy as fuck

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    It has been more than twenty four hours, so I'm jonesing for a status update on my Santee's package.

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Glad I dont live in florida

Not safe to be a black teen there

• Options
    It has been more than twenty four hours, so I'm jonesing for a status update on my Santee's package.

I just realized I have no like, tracking number or anything for my package.

I have no idea how to ask for that in Japanese.

*crosses fingers*

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

aaaaalright then.

What, is that real?

http://gfx.dagbladet.no/labrador/245/245620/24562083/jpg/active/978x.jpg

classy as fuck

This makes me uncomfortable.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Kinda excited about the Leveson report tomorrow. Hopefully the first line of it is "VENGEANCE COMES" in bold black.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Dumbass Style~

• Options
    [im g]http://gfx.dagbladet.no /labrador/245/245653/24565380/jpg/active/978x.jpg[/img]

What 8 months in His Majesty The King's Guard does to a determined man.

For a second I thought the guy on the left was the kid out of Two and a Half Men

Then I realised that I haven't seen the show in years and have no idea what the kid looks like now

Now I'm happy I haven't seen that awful show in years

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    It's pretty gross

This discussion has been closed.