Options

Mid-90's Vertigo [chat]

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    So the Doctor gave me stuff for my heartburn and constipation. 'kay

Then I get a call later asking me to come in tomorrow for blood tests. A "gluco-"thing was mentioned. :?

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    That's a regular part of blood tests.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    the head boss gave us all these little gift bags of assorted Lindt Lindor truffles and none of them are labeled what flavor they are. And the colors aren't exactly that indicative. I swear I'm going to smash someone's face in if I bite into anything mint or coconut.

Red is milk chocolate, black is dark. I think that's all the flavours. Brown would be praline or nut if it exists.

Edit: I have been thoroughly beaten, but no there is no "peanut butter" you scummy peasants.

How does it feel being so wrong?

http://www.amazon.com/Lindt-Lindor-Truffles-Chocolate-60-Count/dp/B002RBTVGY

That colour is hazelnut according to the Lindt website.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    @surrealitycheck @Inquisitor

Today I bought Bayonetta for the 360 and a bunch of strawberry pocky

all the better to worship glorious nippon-san

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    @21stcentury i am drawing the ambulatory pile of armaments

Not like a finished versjon or anything since im on the bus home

But forming a solid idea here

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person/

This article is awesome and has elevated my mood significantly.

That article sounds a lot like that annoying video game scrub article.

• Options

'kay. It's just during this period of ill-defined digestive woe I've also been hella thirsty, Tongue-stuck-to-mouth-roof thirsty.

So there is an unbiden (Not a single Pontiac Firebird in sight) voice in my head that's like

beetus

beetus pls

stahp

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    the head boss gave us all these little gift bags of assorted Lindt Lindor truffles and none of them are labeled what flavor they are. And the colors aren't exactly that indicative. I swear I'm going to smash someone's face in if I bite into anything mint or coconut.

Red is milk chocolate, black is dark. I think that's all the flavours. Brown would be praline or nut if it exists.

Edit: I have been thoroughly beaten, but no there is no "peanut butter" you scummy peasants.

Chocolate localisation.

• Options
    At the office holiday party, I realized that the owner sounds kind of like Cave Johnson.

He also really loved my mustache.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

BMP and CMP include glucose tests IIRC. Pretty standard workup.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Bronze/Copper = peanut butter
    Brown = hazelnut

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Bronze/Copper = peanut butter
    Brown = hazelnut
    Both pretty much look the same.

Also
    nqgPN.jpg

Bless your heart.
  • Options

'kay. It's just during this period of ill-defined digestive woe I've also been hella thirsty, Tongue-stuck-to-mouth-roof thirsty.

So there is an unbiden (Not a single Pontiac Firebird in sight) voice in my head that's like

beetus

beetus pls

stahp

Hopefully you don't have much family history of it.

But usually this goes hand in hand with lots of things. You'll be noticing that you pee. A lot. And usually it accompanies a sudden weight loss.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I want this meeting to end so I can eat breakfast. :(

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    There are two muscles in my back that are apparently not included in my usual exercises but definetly are included when moving furniture and hauling off and old crt tv. I'm hurtin today.

I do believe current medical theory is that new muscles form spontaneously when moving furniture, for the purpose of causing pain

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

That is oddly uplifting.
    You're like a new movie whose title is This Movie Is in English, and its tagline is "The actors are clearly visible."

• Options
    If I end up becoming a teacher I'm going to buy this and ride to work in a tweed suit

LJDS9.jpg

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Am I the only one who just refuses to go to after hours company parties? I'm sorry. I don't care what fancy location and shmancy food you have. Having to dress up to hang with co-workers who aren't work friends just sucks. Oh sure I'll do whatever team building stuff you want during work hours. Hey, better than sittin' in the cube. But hell if I'm gonna spend my Saturday evening in an uncomfortable suit smiling and laughing while the VP of accounting tells me of the wonders of his iPad.

cptrugged on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »

Chocolate localisation.

Or lying Foreigners.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    When I was over 400lbs I was convinced I had beetus. Was pretty irresponsible about it, was afraid to get tested. When I finally started taking care of myself, my doctor ordered the test and when the results came back he was literally like "Well..huh."

No beetus. He was baffled. Not even pre-diabetic.

• Options
    KEBKEB Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    There are two muscles in my back that are apparently not included in my usual exercises but definetly are included when moving furniture and hauling off and old crt tv. I'm hurtin today.

I do believe current medical theory is that new muscles form spontaneously when moving furniture, for the purpose of causing pain

This is indeed a known medical fact at this point. :P

• Options
    If I end up becoming a teacher I'm going to buy this and ride to work in a tweed suit

LJDS9.jpg

If you're going to buy that you should ride it to work instead of the suit.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    bowen wrote: »

beetus

beetus pls

stahp

Hopefully you don't have much family history of it.

But usually this goes hand in hand with lots of things. You'll be noticing that you pee. A lot. And usually it accompanies a sudden weight loss.

My Maternal Grandmother had it, though I think she was the only one in the previous two generations. I have not lost weight, unless you count any weight lost by my reduced appetite during this time. Also I think any extra pee is linked to my extra drinking.

So hopefully you guys are right. But even if it is the beetus, I'll just take it on the chin and learn to deal. It could be worse, my brother's father-in-law has bowel and lung cancer. :(

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Am I the only one who just refuses to go to after hours company parties? I'm sorry. I don't care what fancy location and shmancy food you have. Having to dress up to hang with co-workers who aren't work friends just sucks. Oh sure I'll do whatever team building stuff you want during work hours. Hey, better than sittin' in the cube. But hell if I'm gonna spend my Saturday evening in an uncomfortable suit smiling and laughing while the VP of accounting tells me of the wonders of his iPad.

Your colleagues don't drink heavily enough.

The name of the game with works nights out is getting through them without anything ending up on facebook that violates the code of conduct and/or social media policy.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    mrflippy wrote: »

Nothing like setting up your argument so that if someone disagrees with you, they "prove" your point.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular

LJDS9.jpg

don't fondle your oxbridge students

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    When I was over 400lbs I was convinced I had beetus. Was pretty irresponsible about it, was afraid to get tested. When I finally started taking care of myself, my doctor ordered the test and when the results came back he was literally like "Well..huh."

No beetus. He was baffled. Not even pre-diabetic.

Being obese is a small part of it. It only puts you at risk. Family history is much more of an issue. So much so. I've seen the thinest people get diabetes because they're pretty inactive and have shitty diets. Not just because they eat a lot.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Not that I necessarily disagree with a lot of that article.

Just find it funny.

• Options
    Diverticulitis is becoming more common around here.
    Well in older folks anyways.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    seems like a fine article for me

as pennywise sings, you get the life you choose

that's not true for everyone, but for the majority of first worlders I think it is

• Options
    Free fancy food and free booze are two solid reasons to go to work parties.

That said, the white wine at my Christmas party was pretty bad. But the venison was delicious. As was the port.

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    dayum it's 1406 already

workin makes things go fast

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

Nothing like setting up your argument so that if someone disagrees with you, they "prove" your point.

It's hard to disagree with a lot of it.

"Get better at stuff" is probably a good thing.

He's completely wrong about fight club though. That was not a "hidden irony that people missed" or whatever. That's just him defining every action the character takes as "his job" and then saying "SEE HE IS HIS JOB"

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    kaleedity wrote: »
    dayum it's 1406 already

workin makes things go fast

hail Pope Gregory XII

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    cptrugged wrote: »

I work from home, so it was actually nice to go back and see everybody for a day. Also, my gf wanted to dance and show off her new ring, so there's that too. Maybe I'm weird, but I love dressing up, and since we do a lot of computer/tech work, I'm pretty much guaranteed to look better than most of the guys there.

• Options
    seems like a fine article for me

as pennywise sings, you get the life you choose

that's not true for everyone, but for the majority of first worlders I think it is

I mean, there are systemic biases in favor of being rich and white, but other than that, yeah. Hard work isn't exactly worth nothing.

• Options
    my hard drive is 7GB larger after I restored the old backup. I have no idea why.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    The summer party had a mechanical bull (sheep), a hog roast and a wide selection of ale. That was also good, although deeply tiring.

• Options
    wazilla wrote: »

He's completely wrong about fight club though. That was not a "hidden irony that people missed" or whatever. That's just him defining every action the character takes as "his job" and then saying "SEE HE IS HIS JOB"

Because he established the premise that everything you do is your job.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »

Because he established the premise that everything you do is your job.

You want to know what my job is right now?
    no, you probably don't

Psn:wazukki
This discussion has been closed.